A short one of many

Div6

Crusader
I trained as a Sup in one org, and passed my HPCSC internship, and went on to suping Fnd hours. The very next week every Sup in both Orgs (Day and Fnd) were pulled to LA for the KTL\LOC evolution, leaving me to sup both Day and Fnd all by my lonesome.:duh:

This went on for about 16 weeks...7 days a week, no days off. :eek: The extra pay barely let me keep a roof over my head, but just barely. So, the day comes when our Sups return. I am looking forward to my first day off in 4 months....but nooooo. :no: I am ordered to immediately go to the airport and go to LA for the Pro Tr's clay Table evolution. I throw stuff in a bag, jump the plane, land at LAX, route in to ITO, and the next thing I know I am routed to qual for "not looking like a sup". :duh:

I had to laugh. It was such a pathetic make wrong. I told the cram off the story, and asked for a few hours to go shopping for some clothes. That was granted, and back onto course I went. I wrote a cram on the sup, who later apologized. :D

When I got back, I had to sup both Day and Fnd again, as the Day sups did not make it back in time....ugh.

But that is another story.

barky

Patron with Honors
It's that "rush rush rush" mentality that will always keep Scn failing. If they only took the time to do things right, and show some respect for staffers & public alike, they wouldn't be the turd of an organization they are right now ...

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi Div6 and welcome to the board :)

Supervisors had it the toughest IMHO. I was a Sup too as well as an auditor and it is far easier to be in the TTC and then on post as an auditor than trying to Sup.

The musical chairs that Sups have to endure plus the constant push for comps, stat pushes and ludicrous hours on post.

Suping in a nightmare I'd not wish on my worst enemy. The irony is that as a post, without the attached insanity, I really enjoyed some parts of it, especially getting students through meter drills etc. But on the whole, it was just an awful post with too much stress and bullshit to put up with.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Div6 and welcome to the board :)

Suping in a nightmare I'd not wish on my worst enemy. The irony is that as a post, without the attached insanity, I really enjoyed some parts of it, especially getting students through meter drills etc. But on the whole, it was just an awful post with too much stress and bullshit to put up with.

Do you know how easy it is to sup people who are co-processing?

It is such a beautiful gradient step.

As the sessions are real life actions - that causes the theory and the practice to become real.

I never did an LRH trained course that did not contain co-processing.

All ACCs, the SHSBC, the Original Class VIII were all co-processed.

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:

everfree

Patron Meritorious
That reminds me of another story:

Our org was rather undermanned. As a result, our (at the time 25 year veteran staff member) Snr C/S had to go for the KTL evolution and was the KTL/LOC C/S for both Day and Fdn orgs. As time passed, we started losing other members of the KTL team. Replacing them was darn near impossible because it was

a. very difficult to get new staff at all because only the most absolutely nuts... er... dedicated (like me) would be willing to work those hours for nearly free as was the case in our (and most others) org; and
b. the replacements had a looong runway to get trained, including KTL/LOC, then the delivery course and specialization, High Crime checkouts etc.

So when one of the Supervisors left, the Snr C/S took over suping the courseroom. Then the Review Auditor left, and he had to juggle doing review auditing during non-course times. Then the other org's KTL supe left and he was the only one left who was qualified to supervise it, so he took that on as well.

That meant he was working full time for both orgs, 8:30am to 11pm, and often even later, all with very little pay -- $50 a week, $100 a week, nothing, $25 a week. This left his wife, who was also on staff, to provide for his family outside post time.

Even worse, he had to C/S regular PCs, do occasional review sessions on HGC PCs, and oversee the Purif as well...

I don't know how he did it. I felt so bad for him, but there was little I could do because I wasn't "qualled" for KTL and I was stuck in a courseroom of my own. I figured he should have been nominated for sainthood taking all that on -- again, pretty much at his own expense since we didn't really get paid -- so the org could keep delivering those services. He felt it was his duty.

Well, eventually an RTC rep came to town and did an inspection of Div 4 (technical delivery, meaning courses and "auditing"). Instead of nominating him for sainthood, the RTC rep removed him from post and suspended his certs because not enough was being done. An eval was done; he was decided to be "The Who" for our Div , meaning the person who was actively creating a bad condition. "The Why" was that instead of recruiting replacements (erm, during his 30 seconds freetime, no doubt) he became a "one man band" (really, the eval used that term).

My thought at the time was, instead of just coming in and shooting the people who were there actually trying to do something about it, maybe the effin RTC rep could have helped RECRUIT some of those missing staff? Or train them?

While she was at it, the RTC rep called his wife a "degraded being" because for some reason while she was working 100 hours a week to support their family she wasn't able to keep her appearance up to the standard the RTC rep wanted.

He was sent to Flag where they eventually decided he needed full retraining, the Golden Age of Tech came out while he was there so he had to re-train again... he never made it through. The long and short of it is that he never got his certs fully back and after several years eventually drifted off staff.

Even now it is hard for me to believe that an organization could be so cold to its own members, but there it is.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
You haven't mentioned which Org this happened in, which is totally fine, you don't need to, because it is EVERY Org.

I could have told that EXACT same story using the same post titles etc. I'm sure there is a very similar story to do with KTL/LOC/GAT/GAK etc and every other bloody evolution that was concocted for every Org on the planet.

This is what was most surprising to me when I got out. I thought for a while that it was just my Org that was insane. Then I slowly came to realise that the same insanity was repeated across every Org on every Cont. It was then I realised that the insanity comes from above and that there was no hope for Scn in it's present form.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Everfree,

Even now it is hard for me to believe that an organization could be so cold to its own members, but there it is.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's hard to beleive, but it is oh so true!!! In every way. That is a sad story about someone who was really trying.

And all that coldness transfers over into family, which is the absolute least important thing in the org. Visiting WOG family members? Forget it. Out of the quesiton pretty much.

And they SAY that you can, but to accomplish it is an entirely different matter.

I could go on for a while on that.... but I shall leave it at that.