What's new

A small piece of the story-me as an OOT

Kerry

Patron with Honors
That's right because most professionals have professional indemnity insurance, so if a patient, client, customer is wronged in some way they can both get the governing body to censure said professsional (AMA, APA, ABA, etc., etc.), even "dis-member" them :)nervous: ), and also get due damages paid out to them by the professional's insurer.

I'm not sure if religions have p.i. ins., but surely they must..? Can anyone imagine CoS fronting up for p.i. insurance with the e-meter in tow? No offense, but an insurance co. would have to be crazy to take a risk on Scientology. Or have they?

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Kerry - I think they try to cover themselves with the reams of paperwork in the current pc waiver forms. I've been on finance lines and to the best of my knowledge there is no such insurance taken out in regular orgs.

Dismembered? :nervous:
Even DM wouldn't go that far! Or would he...........? :)

Giuseppe

Patron with Honors
Well, with my whole story, you would think they would know who I am. Maybe they do. But they have not told my mother that. I would have found out.

If they know who Giuseppe are, they would be very quiet about it.

It is in their best interest because if they told us they knew, then all other ex-scn would never come out in public.

Sky

Patron with Honors
It never ends!

I got another call today, this time from the Office of IJC (International Justice Chief), asking if I'd received the DVD and watched it. I told the guy that I watched part of it, and he asked what I thought. I told him that I only watched it because my fiancé was curious to see what an event was like.

He sounded a little put out that I was watching it for such a frivolous reason, but he pressed forward to ask if I would be interested in getting back into good standing with the Church. I told him not if it meant being involved in Scientology in any way, since I was better off now that I was out.

He said he'd note that in my file (Ooooh, scary!:eyeroll:) and ended the call.

:woohoo:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
If it happens again, quote Karin Pouw's January statement about the CofS encouraging families to stay together yada yada yada and ask IJC for his comment about it. :).

Also get his name so it will show up on a Google search and we can say what we know about him (if anything).

Paul

Sky

Patron with Honors
Well, I don't think the guy I talked to was the actual IJC, he said he was from the Office of IJC. Probably some poor peon. I don't remember what he said his name was.

The guy who is currently IJC is Mike Ellis, he was IJC back when I was on staff. If he called me, I'd know for sure that the Church was on the fast-track to total oblivion!

happynow

Patron
Where did Chuck Beatty go? I thought his name sounded familiar. I think he was my sup at Flag. I was an OOT (don't remember it being called this then)
in 1980. I have lot's of stories. If anyone is interested and when I have some time... I knew people from Melbourne Emma. One was my roommate and became the ED I think, Cheryl? Her friend lost his hair while on the TRs course. I can't remember his name.
I did lot's of work/study, then lot's of just work because my org couldn't pay.
I was there way too long. It wasn't all horrible though. I had some fun but I can make just about anything fun.:woohoo:

nighty night:blowkiss: :bighug:

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Where did Chuck Beatty go? I thought his name sounded familiar. I think he was my sup at Flag. I was an OOT (don't remember it being called this then)
in 1980. I have lot's of stories. If anyone is interested and when I have some time... I knew people from Melbourne Emma. One was my roommate and became the ED I think, Cheryl? Her friend lost his hair while on the TRs course. I can't remember his name.
I was there way too long. It wasn't all horrible though. I had some fun but I can make just about anything fun.:woohoo:

You knew Cheryl? Do tell... :p

happynow

Patron
Hey!

I've been busy. If you're still around and still want to know, I don't know much. Cheryl was my roomate. She seemed nice. Did she grow up to be a big meanie?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I think Cheryl would have been a lot of fun as a younger woman.

As an ED she is a BE-ATCH!

I have a funny story about her and her husband Tony. I'll tell it one day :)

happynow

Patron
Oh crap! She got old? You know what that means.
That means I'm 27 years older than the last time I saw her.:omg:

Aging is so weird. I'm so glad I forgot to do it in so many ways.

Hi Emma! Thanks again for all your hard work.
And thanks everybody for being here.

Time for my beauty sleep:D

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors

Hi,

Chuck Beatty here.

Here's my Sea Org bio:
Chuck Beatty
Ex-Sea Org (lifetime staffer, 1975-2003)
Flag Dec 1975-Jun 1983 (TTC, Sup, Word Clearer, D of T, etc.)
Int Base 1983-1984 (Routing Forms Pjt)
Snr HCO Int in the FB in LA 1984-87 Re-Training (Int and LA) 87-88
Int Training Org, LA 88 (Sec Checker Sup)
LRH Tech Research and Comps, CMO Int, (Sept 88-Feb 89)
Int RPF (Feb-Mar 89)
PAC RPF (Mar-May 89)
Int Training Org (May-Sept 89) (Admin Sup)
INCOMM Sep 89-Sept 90 (Routing Forms Pjt)
INCOMM Sept 90-May92 (Computer Room LA & Int)
ASI May 92-Dec95 (Computer Room, In-Training Esto)
Decks Int (Dec 95-Jun 96)
Int RPF (Jun 96-Nov 2000)
PAC RPF (Nov 2000-Mar2003)
Routed out March 29, 2003.
Join XSO and network to old Sea Org friends:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/XSO/
412-260-1170 Pittsburgh, USA (anyone call me anytime!)
412-260-1170 Pittsburgh, USA (anyone call me anytime!)
http://tinyurl.com/49g722
http://tinyurl.com/295khy
http://tinyurl.com/cgrg7
http://tinyurl.com/38ptz8
http://tinyurl.com/ywhgaf
http://tinyurl.com/5xkdl5

diablo

Patron
You are right, that is just plane stupid:
1. Sending a person with out the money enough to live is plain idiot.
2. Hopping recieving charity from Flag is plane stupid also.
3. Following a telex as a HCOPL or FO is plain out tech, out admin, out policy, out whatever, orders on telexes has certain duration only; if that should be a direct and stable order from LRH to Flag should be made on a FO, not a telex; the telex was answered by LRH when FC (Flag Crew Captain) asked LRH about the facilities for OOTs wich have not being paying.
Now I know several people who paid Full Training and Room and Board for some Scientology Orgs and those staff got: WORK STUDY! The Orgs stoled that money for the rent! Flag should put some economical rooms for OOTs if they don't want to spend a lot of money on them. Orgs should have enough money for their OOTs, also OOTs gets so much troubles at Flag with sex, yes boys sex; OOTs are not SO, and usually are kids, teenagers; so while on a while the hot chick from Uk gets hard sex with the Colombian OOT (who was on Flag for the last century still training). This kind of thing wich is the most natural thing (and if you are a SO and can not believe this, you should ask your CO how babies came to the world :) ). But they kick out the chick and the boy, they usually are both SP Declared or at least labeled as Criminals, not fair for a teenagers. Not fair for them. OOTs goes to Flag as pure martirs and do not take any doubt helping their Orgs (man what a brainwash from the Flag Rep to the Tech Staff. I you were an OOT I salute you as you were so brave to take it for your Org. :) Hope you find a normal regular job who pays.

Flag-2005

Patron with Honors
FSO definitely dismisses GOD and if you maintain being a Christian you are threatened with a PTS sit.

One female PC was causing a flap because she was already a double red tag. Basically she was still maintaining that God is with her.

Her idea of that was the 'Big Thetan' that creates, watches and loves her.

Her current program was a series of auditing and ethics actions to have her change her mind. She was quite a lady and I had to take her in session.

Great session actually but my goal was not to change her mind. I took off the tag but refused to take on that program.

On a BC tape somwehere on Level D E or F, is where Ron said, flatly, "There is no such thing as God". He didn't say there is no man with a beard up in the sky.

He said there was no such thing as God.

He didn;t even say that statc was God.

L Ron Hubbard said, in or around the early 1960's, that there was no such thing as God.

All these other things are your own opinions, your own thoughts. But Scientology? The technology of?

There is no such thing as God.

So when someone asks me what SCIENTOLOGY says about God, I tell them what Ron concluded and taught me on the Saint Hill Special Briefing Course.

What do you tell them that Scientology teaches? Not what you think or believe as a Scientologist, as an Ex-Scio, as a Freezoner etc. or not - but what do you say that Scientology teaches about God?

sandygirl

Good for you Flag-2005!

But using your own intelligence to not handle something the PC does not feel she needed handled is GOING AGAINST ORDERS!!!

No wonder you joined the good guys (us):happydance: :happydance:

Ladybird

From Seahorse on OCMB:

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=348157#348157

Are there any ex-Scios out there who travelled from a non-USA country to the USA for training (to Flag or Los Angeles) as an outer org trainee in the Technical Training Corps for their org or mission back home? This would be someone who was a contracted staff member at a Class V org or mission, and who was sent for Flag training (or similar), to eventually be sent back to your org to work for 5 years (usually).

If so, I need some information for an important research project.

Can you please PM me?

TTC=Technical Training Corps
TTCer=slang for student training in the TTC
OOT=Outer Org Trainee, someone from another org or mission going to Flag to train

If you don't know Seahorse or don't post on OCMB, PM Ladybird and I will make sure Seahorse gets the message. Thanks!

Takin Time

Patron with Honors
I just read this thread. Fascinating!

I also see that Flag values the Outer Org Trainee's work study at $3.40 per hour -- less than half minimum wage.

This is from the comment of doing 35 hours of work in a week that one's org didn't pay the requisite $120 for room and board.

Despicable!