What's new

A Sneak Peek into Hell: Why Narconon Must be Stopped

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
Cross Post from WWP:
https://whyweprotest.net/threads/a-...narconon-must-be-stopped.128577/#post-2543246

Over the past few days, I have received messages from three ex-Narconon students, including two attempted suicides.:bigcry:

This came in two days ago while I was proof-reading a book chapter:

Hi Mr. Love....long time it's been. I actually am writing you this cause I happen to have read documents and stuff that made me sick to my stomach. U guessed it- Narconon. I'm clean and sober now for almost 6 months and doing good except I'm getting nightmares and flashbacks etc. I have a question that has been burning away at me since I left there. [REDACTED] Everyone that I know from there are more fucked than they were before. Shoot me a message or call me if u can, I would love to talk.

My book 'Roller Coaster Out of Hell' will be published August 2015 once final edits and proof-reading is finished. Here is an unedited excerpt from a chapter that's being worked on today:

2z3tdag.jpg

Messages to me from a young Mom – ex-Narconon staff member. (Name of deceased changed to “Johnny” in consideration of innocent child, and name of mother changed to Melody).

'Even though leaving the center was probably one of the best decisions I have made in my life, I just was glad I was out of there. I found a new job and realized what a real work place is. No backstabbing, arguing all the time, writing other people up, and games - well you know it. I was talking to my new boss wondering why I stayed there so long. Looking back, I can't understand. It was for the students obviously, but still something was wrong.

When Johnny died, I blamed the drug. He did many rehabs including 12 steps and he really believed NN was the answer. Before he went back to the center last time, he tried to commit suicide. I called the cops on him. He ended up in psychiatry. Then he was released to a homeless shelter because I did not take him back. He absolutely wanted to get back to the center. I tried to tell him that any rehab would help, he could maybe try something else, but he really wanted to go to NN and he went for free.

'I was thankful because he believed in it and he was safe. Then, I knew exactly when he relapsed. Called him at lunch and he did not answer - never heard from him personally ever again. I heard he was living at Kyle's but I did not even bother to go kick the shit out of them. I just had enough. Then I heard one morning at the tech meeting from James (I think) that they called the cops on him the night before because of a gun. Then my brother called to say the cops went to his workplace with Johnny’s picture looking for him stating he was dangerous and armed.

I emailed his ex-wife to let her know what he was up to in case he tried to get in touch with her. He did and I knew he was in Ontario. Didn't know he still had the gun and then the rest is history. I personally never talked about it at work because I had to be strong for me and my son and if I talked about it I would cry. I started to stop believing in the program, but wanted to fight addiction so much. Anyways it caught up with me. When I left I was 27 and felt like 40 years old.'

So, this vulnerable young man was known by Narconon staff executives to be suicidal and in fact attempted to take his own life on an earlier occasion before he went back to the center the last time, and tried to commit suicide.

On April 18, 2012, Le Nouvelliste newspaper confirmed more unconscionable Narconon practices of admitting patients with suicidal tendencies and “serious problems of a psychiatric nature.”

'Sylvain Bérard, the Ethics Officer, said that Narconon had already been experiencing financial problems for some time, to such an extent that, in recent months, the organization had even been admitting clients with more serious problems of a psychiatric nature.'

'Some of these cases weren't admissible to the program because it requires cutting off their medication. But the administration chose to keep them anyway. There were several instances of attempted suicide during the past few months. By law, immediate medical assistance should have been provided, but management decided to keep these persons without calling for an ambulance,'says the former employee.'

'His colleague, Julie Ann Pagé remembers a female resident who, less than ten days earlier, made at least two suicide attempts in one day, but she was not referred to a hospital. Ms. Pagé says that incidents like this were blamed on the employees for supposedly 'not delivering enough.'

'We had no right to have a personal opinion. The only thing that mattered was their teaching of Scientology. Don't do to others what you wouldn't want them to do to you. This was one of their internal rules, but they themselves don't apply it. They have no respect for us or for the residents,' says Sylvie Houde. We’re playing with people’s lives,' adds Julie Ann Pagé.'

There was no patient aftercare program in place – at least not one that was based on therapeutic science. If a patient is having troubles or relapsed, they are instructed to apply some of the Scientology Training Routines, policies and doctrines they learned and were subject to while in the program.

Of course, as usual, all these horrific events are hushed up by executives. Even with my dorm wing nearly full to capacity with students at various stages of the program, I heard nothing about the ‘death by gun’ until after I escaped.

Last edited:

Intelligence

Re: A Sneak Peak into Hell: Why Narconon Must be Stopped

Grrrr!!!! Can a Mod/Admin please edit/correct spelling in Title of Thread from 'Peak' to 'Peek'?:pullhair:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Grrrr!!!! Can a Mod/Admin please edit/correct spelling in Title of Thread from 'Peak' to 'Peek'?:pullhair:

Since you're the OP you can do that yourself, if your Edit time window is still open. Just click the Edit button of that post, then click on "Advanced" and then you can edit the title of your post. Just like I just did with my post. :)

Intelligence

Since you're the OP you can do that yourself, if your Edit time window is still open. Just click the Edit button of that post, then click on "Advanced" and then you can edit the title of your post. Just like I just did with my post. :)

Thank you so very much ... it worked. What an embarassing mistake. :melodramatic:

Intelligence

Yesterday when I opened my email, there it was! Some of the book content I sent away
to have a professional consulting firm read and edit. I'm learning a lot from this experience
and wise advice by pulling the reader into my shoes ... bringing them along on the ride into
hell and back.

As I unravel the answer to this question for myself, I will explain my personal nightmare to you in vivid detail… The hellish incidents of brain-washing and mind control, the lost sense of personal identity and a haunting period of post-traumatic stress. I hope that you might comprehend the pain, the nightmares, and sleepless nights, so you emerge armed with knowledge that can help you resist the pull of Narconon/Scientology, should it enter your life or the lives of anyone dear to you.

(...)

I was asked what I was wearing and given directions to a gas station where I was told to wait for an ‘unmarked’ gray van to pull up to me, then jump in the sliding side door and sit in the back. The driver pulled out of the parking lot and headed down to a restaurant and parked. We just sat there for a couple minutes with the 2 Agents looking around until I was told it was ok to get out of the van and follow them.

We walked into a restaurant with a few customers sitting here and there and stood near the entrance for less than a minute before one Agent said, “No, we’re not going to stay here, David, we have another place not far away from here.”

Even though they already had a summary of facts, I once again had to start from the beginning and detail every event, handing them documents as I spoke. More than once I was told, “Slow down, David,” as I was pulling papers from my briefcase and describing the horrific abuses I alleged Scientology was guilty of. We briefly discussed Scientology being a convicted criminal organization in Canada, and what they were obviously capable of doing.

(...)

What was apparent now is that I was up against a bigger, meaner monster than I initially thought. But anyone who really knew me, including some executives from Narconon, were well aware that I did not scare easily and would stand my ground if threatened.

(...)

I looked in the mirror and assured myself I would slay this monster.

Others would not suffer the way I had.

I dedicated my life to shutting down Narconon in Quebec.

My Guardian angel arrives –

I began to understand where Narconon’s “treatment” methods came from - I had lived a nightmare eerily similar to the ones I was reading about. It was beginning to make horrible sense to me who and what I was up against.

Rather than get overwhelmed by this huge battle I had taken on, one day I realized I needed another warrior to help me fight it.

WHO were these Agents? ... WHO is this Guardian angel that helped me survive these past
five years and consulted with me every step ... every day? He is a brilliant warrior who will be
detailed in my book. And it's not who some may think it is.:mindblow:

Intelligence

I'm a fussy eccentric that may thin my Publisher's hair, but we nailed down more details today.

Cover graphics WILL be changed.

Right on schedule.
:handinhand:

242aneo.jpg

Last edited:

Intelligence

"So how did I fall - hook, line and sinker - for the “drug treatment” scam known as Narconon, operated by the Church of Scientology to bilk its “students” of tens of thousands of dollars and to indoctrinate new members into “The Church.” As I unravel the answer to this question for myself, I will explain my personal nightmare to you in vivid detail… The hellish incidents of brain-washing and mind control, the lost sense of personal identity and a haunting period of post-traumatic stress. I hope that you might comprehend the pain, the nightmares, and sleepless nights, so you emerge armed with knowledge that can help you resist the pull of Narconon/Scientology, should it enter your life or the lives of anyone dear to you."

Intelligence

A Public Post on one of my Facebook pages a few minutes ago makes all of this work very worthwhile.

Since it's Public, I will post the comments here:

NN Victim:
Ugh the memories....but who to tell? I vividly remember arriving the same day as you Dec 1 08 (We both arrived the same day).

David Love:
I remember too, ... And I was LIVID when you were ran through "Light Objectives" in WD over and over and over. You were pissed and so was I - LOL ... (((HUGS))) to YOU

NN Victim:
Wow I feel really validated that you remember that.....looking back I realized I was being harassed and antagonized when all I wanted was my space to grieve.

NN Victim:
Over 2 hrs that went on....The tension in WD was unmistakable.

David Love:
I remember it all like it was yesterday. I felt your pain and so sorry for you. And the nonsense that went on with the Assists ... well, you know exactly what I mean. I was ready to call Police, and they're lucky I didn't.

NN Victim:
I hope we stay in touch and talk soon......I've followed your work from day one as a kind of life link or reminder of a time that was blurred and nightmarish. ...to really hang on to the fact that that was real and it happened. But I've stayed silent all these years.....to get through the day, ya know?

Intelligence

I/We're "Sky-Rocketing" ahead with final edits complete, and now set up for two proof readers to comb the pages of 'Roller Coaster Out of Hell'... A big thank you to ‘Loriisfree’ and a couple other editors, especially one that helped me pull it all together. I'm very grateful to ALL.:thankyou:

ve6tj5.jpg

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm a fussy eccentric that may thin my Publisher's hair, but we nailed down more details today.

Cover graphics WILL be changed.

Right on schedule.
:handinhand:

242aneo.jpg

August. wow David...will it be available in e-book format when it comes out next month?

Also, on the cover is that an image of the West Block on Parliament Hill taken from the steps of the Supreme Court of Canada?

Intelligence

August. wow David...will it be available in e-book format when it comes out next month?

Also, on the cover is that an image of the West Block on Parliament Hill taken from the steps of the Supreme Court of Canada?

Oh' my... The Book Cover.:melodramatic:

I was up all night until the sun came up working on cover graphics and a professional designer online to choose
the RIGHT Cover?

Yes, it will be in e-book format... That's the least of my concerns. And for those can not afford the book, I will see what
I can do to provide it free.

I doubt the Cover will resemble what is posted in this Thread?:spacecraft:

Intelligence

Please feel free to critique... still have one more round of changes.:cheers:

2z6h4pj.jpg

We may be cutting off the bottom 2 images and replacing with another... just one image blending into the top half?

Last edited:

Intelligence

I'm so eccentric and fussy but we're almost there .... I like SIMPLE ....

nb3rd1.jpg

[video=youtube;sHQ_aTjXObs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ_aTjXObs[/video]

Please feel free to critique... still have one more round of changes.:cheers:

2z6h4pj.jpg

We may be cutting off the bottom 2 images and replacing with another... just one image blending into the top half?

I like the idea of having one image at the bottom, rather than two images.

To me the current format looks a bit too busy - too many things to look at, things that are each in their separate spaces. I think it needs to be more unified to give it more punch.

EDIT: Now I've just seen the second version. That is way better IMO.
I think the main words of the title can be made slightly larger and also maybe more forceful by darkening a bit behind them right up close to the letters --same effect behind them but just a bit more "black ink" close to the letters. The top lettering could also be made sharper by making the white more pure.

Something else, for what it's worth, and it may be just the way my nitpicking mind works.....but I think the by-line should come after the main title, not before it. The title itself has a lot of impact (I am referring to meaning here, not visually as I was before). Putting the by-line before it, softens the impact of the title IMO. I would slam the title right in there and hit them with that, then put the by-line after it. Just my opinion of course and I expect many would disagree.

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Probably too late but having read your and DB's comments which were great here is my distilled, from a myriad of ideas, tentative suggestion. I think it is too wordy for a cover, but conveys my thoughts on the matter.

Title: THE ROLLER COASTER RIDE WITH FRIENDS AND FOE INTO AND OUT OF A HELLISH CULT.

By line: How my experience of betrayal gave rise to an urge to extinguish a hydra of a dangerous cult. ( with a wish to help others)

I too prefer the simpler larger image, although at the same time I get a bit of a desire for a Salvador Dali type image.

Of course this is without having read the book and knowing all its content, which may well have changed this input.

Very respectfully....DC