What's new

A survey for Scientologists

Carmel

Crusader
As I've said, I'm a happy little vegemite about the concept of this 'survey' being sent out to Scientologists. Before I send mine, I'm going add to the following questions to it:

- Have you sometimes considered that you are not able to exercise your inalienable rights (eg: to think freely or talk freely your own opinion), as stated in the Creed?

- Have you seen a dichotomy between what you have studied and what is practiced?

- While you may want others to make similar gains that you have, would you rather not introduce others (or the likes of your children) to the trials that you may have had to endure?

- Have you felt a lack of freedom in regard to being able to apply what you have learned?

- Have you ever wondered why so many active Scientologists have now left Scientology?

--------------

I like the format that Paul has come up with, it's a beauty.

Terril park

Sponsor
As I've said, I'm a happy little vegemite about the concept of this 'survey' being sent out to Scientologists. Before I send mine, I'm going add to the following questions to it:

- Have you sometimes considered that you are not able to exercise your inalienable rights (eg: to think freely or talk freely your own opinion), as stated in the Creed?

- Have you seen a dichotomy between what you have studied and what is practiced?

- While you may want others to make similar gains that you have, would you rather not introduce others (or the likes of your children) to the trials that you may have had to endure?

- Have you felt a lack of freedom in regard to being able to apply what you have learned?

- Have you ever wondered why so many active Scientologists have now left Scientology?

--------------

Great on Creed and great Kevin. :)

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nice one, Kev. :thumbsup:

Wonder how long before we get the results back :D

Maybe we should have an "OT Committee Meeting" next weekend to discuss our strategies, eh? :p

Carmel

Crusader
It is a real survey. It's just not theirs, it's ours. You can tell that because it's not copyrighted! lol.:p

I think it's a great idea to copy & paste it onto an e-mail and send it out to all our Scn contacts. It's possible that between us we can probably reach over half of the scientologists in the world!!

You can even set up a single purpose account on gmail or something and call it 'sciosurvey@blahblah" so it goes through a proxy.

It isn't illegal to send them, they are only questions!:happydance:

Just sayin'

Between us, I believe that we could reach over half the Scientologists in the world. All we are trying to do here, is get them to look - they can do the rest.

Many are floundering of late. With what has been going down within the ranks, many are feeling isolated and alone in their dilemma. They are not though. 'Buttons' on this 'survey' would 'indicate' to many. To some it would give them hope that there is understanding somewhere, from someone. If we gave them a link to ESMB, then many would take that next step, IMO.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

Carmel

Crusader
PS to my last post:

Not meaning to harp on about it, or come across as bossy or anything, but for your info - it's questions like the ones in this survey, asked of Scientologists, that helped start the recent 'exodus' in Sydney. Then 'cause people know people who know other people, it started to snowball.

If you're interested in helping people you know who are still 'in', this is a good tool that will assist you, and you can use it anonymously - it's worth a try. :)

(I'll butt out now :whistling: )

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you Feral! Wow, you sure is good with that hammer & nails! Whoa!

From the "Life is stranger than fiction" files, just yesterday I printed off a doc I had written about a year ago. I have written a great deal to try and help make sense of what I was going through as I stripped back the scientology indoc. The “ravings of a slightly-insane-but-getting-better-by-the-day-former-scientologist” give me a good frame of ref as to how far I have come. They give me something to look back on and go “Oh wow, I made it out of that mess!”

The doc was titled "Real and raw conversation with myself".

Some excerpts:

"Do you really want others to go through what you have been through"?

My answer to myself: NO. I did have some good things happen to me in scientology but they were less than 30% of the time. Statistically I would say that scientology is very downstat. They do not deliver what they promise.

"Do you really think the planet needs this tech? Do you really think it is the only way?"

I answered: well so long as it is safe to be honest here, my answer is no. I think that the scientology "way" is over-rated, expensive, esoteric and at times, plain ridiculous. The people handling me kept telling me that when I did my OT levels all would be wonderful but most of the OTs I know are sort of numb, in debt to the heavens and well, not winning in life one way or another. I can't continue to passionately strive for something that seems so messed up - per my own observations. There is something wrong in scientology but I can't work it out and it is troubling me greatly. I need to step back from this thing and calmly look. I can't fathom out how scientology is going to achieve its stated aims of a cleared planet (which to me does not mean every man being a clear but the theta/entheta ratio being tipped towards theta) with the way it treats its members. Nothing makes sense.

"Do you want the people you love to have scientology?"

I answered myself: The people I know, successful, happy, vibrant, totally terrific people would be miserable in scientology. They would hate the heavy control of their lives and the insane demands. The people I know are shinning stars - smart, funny - just the finest people. These people would never want to hand over so much of their hard earnt money to a group that was not delivering what it promised. They are just not that fucking stupid.

The point is Feral's Fabulous List (FFL) is the REAL stuff that people drowning in the confusions that scientology generates need to consider. The FFL, IMO, should be used gently & lovingly though. These questions strike at the core of the beliefs of a person. It requires a deep level of self-honesty and self-trust to start sincerely answering these very real questions. Well suppressed emotions start to rise to the surface. After years of filtering and justifying all the madness I had seen and been through, it was not a walk in the park to start seeing things for what they were.

Having said that, the joy and wonder that lies on the other side of getting straight & honest with self, is beyond description. The sense of self-empowerment that one feels from unshackling oneself from the insidious controls of scientology is worth every tear cried along the way. I went into scientology as a "truth-seeker" and I have left with that same concept firmly in place.

Paul, thank you for the .doc. Will put to good use.

Rae

Patron with Honors

--------------

Great additional questions to consider Carmel! This could really be a terrific tool for us and to actually DO something..each one of us..and easy too! You Aussies are the best! (Jus' sayin' mates)

Rae

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I just noticed that the text fields don't line up in the Word template form. They did in the Open Office one, but I can't adjust the Word template one without Word and I deleted my last copy of it when I had to reformat a hard drive. If anyone's got Word and would like to fix that and send me a decent version of the template file....

All that's needed is to line up the three line form text field (with Form Controls turned on), then copy and paste it into each right-hand box of the table, and narrow up the few where it's too fat. Remember to save it as a .dot file, and email it to me.

It's for the good of mankind, remember. :)

Paul

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I just noticed that the text fields don't line up in the Word template form. They did in the Open Office one, but I can't adjust the Word template one without Word and I deleted my last copy of it when I had to reformat a hard drive. If anyone's got Word and would like to fix that and send me a decent version of the template file....

All that's needed is to line up the three line form text field (with Form Controls turned on), then copy and paste it into each right-hand box of the table, and narrow up the few where it's too fat. Remember to save it as a .dot file, and email it to me.

It's for the good of mankind, remember. :)

Paul

That's probably why it kept giving me error messages

If nobody else does it, I may give it a shot over the next couple of days

Zinj

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here's a few I thought of:

Do you feel the church would sacrifice your well being, or the well being of others for it's own aims?

Do you feel such conduct would actually hinder or prevent the accomplishment of it's aims?

Has the church ever made a promise that it did not keep?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
A friend has MS Word 2007 so I can use that, so no need now for anyone else to get their hands dirty on my account.

Man, I HATE Word. Especially this latest version.

Anyway, here's what I'm in the middle of. I will put online this survey in various formats. They all have space for 30 questions, the first 26 as Kev wrote and the remaining four blank so they can be added in. If you are emailing it to a friend you might want to add four of your own. You can add twenty if you wish, but the 30 total will fit on two sides of a sheet of paper.

There will be a plain text version; an Open Office template form version; an MS Word 1997-2003 form template version; maybe more; and also a form that someone can fill out online if they wish. The online form will be submitted to ESMBsurveys AT gmail.com. The forms look much prettier but because they use macros they might freak out a recipient, and plain text can always be simply copied into an email.

As will be noted in the text accompanying the survey, if a copy of the filled-out survey is emailed to that address of esmbsurveys AT gmail.com (upper or lower case doesn't matter) I will post it here at ESMB, simply adding it to a thread.

It should all be working today or tomorrow. The main page will be at www.paulsrabbit.com/surveys.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Gosh - imagine if that list of questions got assessed in session ! How many TA divisions do ya reckon you'd get on taking that to f/n ?:omg:

This is the main reason I'm spending so much time and effort on it. Just the plain itsa of writing it all down will achieve wonders, even if the form is never sent anywhere.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
OK, I have a beautiful online form version of that survey now as well as a couple of downloadable versions, the plain text one and the Open Office one. I don't have the Word one available yet - it is a real pain to do properly.

With the form, someone can fill it in online and hit SUBMIT. I will then post it to ESMB. If they want to keep a copy of their answers, though, they should use one of the downloadable ones. The simplest to use is the plain text one.

You can see Q.1 of the form here. The whole thing is available at http://www.paulsrabbit.com/surveys.

survey_index1.jpg

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
OK. I preserved the survey questions, and the online form, but simplified the rest. It's too complicated to use MS Word templates and so on.

The survey can be filled out online at www.paulsrabbit.com/surveys. If the person hits SUBMIT it will go to me and I will post it all (assuming it's publishable) to ESMB.

The survey can be copied as text from a linked text file, answered at home, and the whole thing pasted into a big form box on that page and when the person hits SUBMIT it will end up posted to ESMB as before.

Your friends/associates can be sent to the site to fill out the survey. If you would like them to answer up to four additional questions they can fill in the questions themselves and submit the amended survey as above.

You can copy the text survey and add in those extra questions and email it to your friends/associates along with any personal message you wish. If you and they want, if you get a filled-out survey back you can simply paste it into that form box and I will post it as above. Or you can post it here yourself.

If anyone emails it to ESMBsurveys @ gmail.com I will post it to ESMB.

Oh yes, if using the paste-in-the-form-box option it's also easy to paste a copy of the survey questions and answers into the RTC form box. There's a link on that www.paulsrabbit.com/surveys page. :)

Enjoy.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
A response from a couple of days ago. I'll give it an ID of 20090312, the date I received it. If the form is filled out question by question online this is the format I get the answers in - I haven't spent any time reformatting it. It took long enough setting it up so these ended up in the right order! Note I have no way of knowing if this is a genuine response or a fake one.

.who/where: Name and contact details (optional)

01. .are you hesitant to answer your phone? do you have a system of fielding phone
calls?: No

02. .do you try to avoid 'mandatory' briefings? how do you feel about them?: No

03. .have you found that scn has been more expensive than you anticipated? in what
way?: No

04. .would you hesitate to tell someone how much you have spent in scn?: No

05. .given the cost of the current 'bridge' have you ever wondered how we will clear
the planet?: No

06. .have you ever had any misgivings about bringing a friend, associate or relative
in to your local church for services?: No

07. .have you ever suspected that scn might not be growing at the rate reported by
management?: Yes

08. .have you wondered about or resented having to pay for materials and services
more than once?: No

09. .if so, have you wondered how those now defective goods and services were deemed
'good enough' in the first place?: No

10. .have you ever wondered about how tech bulletins and data and 'corrections' are
still coming out 23 years after lrh's passing?: No

11. .have you ever been ordered to destroy any of your books, hcobs or pls?: No

12. .have you or anyone you've known been through an engrammic or unjust ethics or
justice action?: No

13. .have you ever felt you were dealt with unfairly in scn?: No

14. .are you concerned about the well-being of any junior or aged so members?: No

15. .have you ever been through a recruitment cycle that you felt would not end?: No

16. .have you ever been held against your will?: No

17. .have you ever been made to feel like you were out-ethics, criminal, deficient
or worthless because you wouldn't join staff or donate money?: No

18. .have you ever felt the church failed to take its 'share' of the responsibility
for things when they went wrong?: No

19. .do you have any reservations about your last scn service or the manner in which
it was delivered?: No

20. .do you feel that the promoted results of the services you have taken so far
were overstated?: Yes

21. .have you in any way been disappointed in the results you have achieved in scn?: No

22. .did the states you achieved fail to live up to the expectation you were given
in any way?: No

23. .did you find any of the gains you had in scn auditing to be temporary?: No

24. .have you ever met a clear or ot who did not live up to your expectations
ethically, health-wise or operationally?: No

25. .have you ever wondered if the scn bridge in fact does lead to total freedom?: No

26. .do you have any concern or apprehension about living on a 'cleared' or a
scn-run planet?: No

27. q: Write any additional question here

28. q: Write any additional question here

29. q: Write any additional question here

30. q: Write any additional question here

|and: Any final comments? (optional)

Paul

Feral

Rogue male
Paul's web page is just the thing to give an Scn the opportunity to write down his disagreements and to start evaluating their Scn experience.

Several hundred surveys have gone out now and we should start seeing more responses soon.:thumbsup:

Bearing that in mind a prominent OT in the Sydney field said to me that it would be easier to count who is left in the local field than who has departed silently.

That these people aren't on ESMB or in other communication with us is not indicative of any more than the danger that they feel from the CofS for making their position clear.