What's new

A Thumb Nail Sketch of L Ron Hubbard

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is tremendous.

Your stories about adversity and hep from guardian angels in the teaching and shop keeper professions are pure joy. Having others in your life to mentor one and guide one is so cool.

Thanks, Carmelo.

I have done some mentoring over the years and had the opportunity to give a chance to and help some young folks that needed and deserved a break. I always tell them that the way you repay me is someday, somewhere you will be in the shoes I'm in and you will have the capability and opportunity to give someone a chance and I know that you're the kinda person that will do so.

Every day each and every one of us has the opportunity to be an Angel to someone...I know you know that and live that.:thumbsup:

Face:)

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I super appreciate you Face and your writings and your great courage and the exhibition of your will to live and share your knowledge with us after the unfortunate medical ordeal which you were put through. As my first act of contrition in atoning for my stupidity, I will not speak for FoTi, she will have to speak to you herself.

Since Emma announced she is bowing out in mid December, I reassessed the knowledge I have gained since I restarted the Apollo thread In October of 2009. I was a nobody, a lowly Director of Disbursements at a Class IV Org but I attracted Carmelo's attention. He hatched a plan and he brought some somebody's, i.e. opinion leaders, to the thread. Sweetness and Light was there from the beginning and then we attracted Roger B., Ted, Enthetan, Thetanic, Mark Baker, Leon, Ethics Particle, Kookaburra and on and on and on who began posting there regularly along with myself and Carmelo. More and more our understanding of L Ron Hubbard, Scientology technology, Ron's C of S and DM's C of S all grew by leaps and bounds. but lingering questions still remained unanswered.

One Day, Face who had been lurking and unbeknownst to us had been posting a bit elsewhere landed smack dab right in the middle of the Apollo thread!! In his folksy Will Rogers manner of story telling, Face has filled in virutally all the missing pieces. FOR ME THE ENIGMA AND RIDDLE OF L RON HUBBARD, SCIENTOLOGY AND THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY IS COMPLETELY SOLVED AND RESOLVED. My quest is over and virtually all the information I wanted to know (I WILL NO LONGER SPEAK FOR OTHERS) has now been discovered, written up and commented on and analyzed. It remains to edit and print our 490 pages of text, add a table of contents and and index and print everything out as a book or ebook. We couldn't have had closure without Face. We needed someone who worked directly with LRH on the inside to come forward and fill in the blanks for us. Face was that person!
Lakey

Thanks, Lakey...I appreiciate that.

Quoting Chick Hearn, "No harm, no foul.":thumbsup:

I'm very happy that my contribution to the Body of Knowledge was of such usefulness to you. I honestly didn’t think I had that much of added value to contribute. Not too long ago I didn’t think it was possible that I would ever be able to remember this much about my life, let alone to be able to cogently write about it. That my “take" has relevance in 2010 with so much from so many readily available is quite a surprise.

I get more out of ESMB than I could ever contribute back. That’s because there are folks like you and the others here.:yes:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Who's speaking for who? Er...whom? :blink: :wacko: :unsure: :roflmao:

I had asked Lakey a question about Face's posting in two places because Lakey made a comment about Face posting the same thing in two places. I asked Lakey the question because I was responding to Lakey's post. Face answered it for me. Then Lakey answered it for Face. Face didn't like that. What a mix up. :ohmy:

Face, have a pleasant time out. I look forward to your next post. I really enjoy reading what you have to present here on ESMB. I understand it's difficult for you, You are doing a beautiful job. Your difficulties do not show in your writing, and what you have to share here is valuable.

And, by the way, my two cents here, I don't want anybody to stop talking about themselves or their stories because I like to hear about people and what they experience in their own lives, which is different from mine. It enriches my life to learn about others and their experiences.

Thank you, FoTi.

I'll be back around in a few days.:yes:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Face, I'm having too much fun with puppy, so just a quick note from me.

What you wrote about the value of context had me chanting, "yes, yes, yes!" In writing a historical narrative context IS EVERYTHING, as you said. Communicating context deftly is the art in writing history and you do it very well.

I haven't commented on your latest efforts, but I truly enjoyed reading them. For an outsider like myself the picture you paint is critical to understanding. I know how much work it takes to write well and appreciate the effort you've invested. :thumbsup:

Back to puppy-time!

fisherman

Thanks, Fisherman.

Awe, them little critters are magic. There is an old Inuit (if I recall correctly) legend that when the Inuit migrated to their new homeland with their herds and flocks the ice cracked and separated, and the only animals that would make the leap across the chasm with them were their dogs and, from that day forward, the dog and the people were one.:coolwink:

Have fun...we've got all the time in the world to get to where we are going here...your guess is as good as mine as to where the Hell that is. :confused2::yes::D

Last edited:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Destination?

Thanks, Fisherman.

Awe, them little critters are magic. There is an old Inuit (if I recall correctly) legend that when the Inuit migrated to their new homeland with their herds and flocks the ice cracked and separated and the only animals that would make the leap across the chasm with them were their dogs and, from that day forward, the dog and the people were one.:coolwink:

Have fun...we've got all the time in the world to get to where we are going...your guess is as good as mine as to where the Hell that is. :confused2::yes:

Well, I kinda hope it ain't Praetoria :nervous: ...but WTF! If all you outlaws AND the dogs are game :unsure: well...count me in! :yes::coolwink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L58wYrsNv0

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Thanks, Fisherman.

Awe, them little critters are magic. There is an old Inuit (if I recall correctly) legend that when the Inuit migrated to their new homeland with their herds and flocks the ice cracked and separated and the only animals that would make the leap across the chasm with them were their dogs and, from that day forward, the dog and the people were one.:coolwink:

Have fun...we've got all the time in the world to get to where we are going...your guess is as good asmine as to where the Hell that is. :confused2::yes:

(The Polar Bears came too:))

Polar-Bear-CU-at-window.jpg

Zinj

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
For the record, I'm muchly enjoying this thread. Keep it up guys and gals. Hugs all round.

fisherman

Patron with Honors
Auntpat,

No, Lakey it is not true. I am, and many of my friends are "today's Christians" , We read and seek enlightment. My seach was started in a Baptist church.

I appreciated your post and wanted to comment.

Christianity (and Judaism) is much more diverse than many people realize. The practice of Christianity has always been highly eclectic, even though its universal message, encompassing redemption, "Peace on earth, good will to men," etc. is not. That dichotomy has made Christianity one of the most powerful forces in human history.

My point to Lakey is that every possible practice, meditation, and mode of understanding, has been part of Christianity. Even the most mystic or esoteric.

Differences in doctrinal belief has been so rampantly constant in the United States, that the history of Christianity in America could easily be written as a history of parochial dispute.

In recent years, modern Christianity has been painted with a rather broad brush. This is inaccurate. Christianity in America evidences astonishing diversity in liturgy, leadership, ceremony, services, bible literalism, doctrine, social viewpoint, etc.

It seems the general public and the media often equate Christianity with recent evangelical movements. This also is inaccurate. What the media presents as stereotypical evangelical churches neither dominate or outnumber the mainstream denominations.

Even within the evangelical movement, I notice more diversity than one might expect. As AuntPat suggests there is variety and flexibility among "today's Christians" who are "seeking enlightenment."

I'm no expert on modern evangelical Christianity, but I've been impressed with some of their Bible exegesis. Last year, I listened to a lecture on the "Book of Job" that was surprisingly fair. I don't share the evangelical appreciation for bible literalism, which I consider delusive and limiting. But I say the same thing about Missouri Synod Lutherans.

My personal interest in Judaism and Christianity is more along the lines of Lakey's attraction to eastern thought, but I have to give credit where credit is due. I see diversity even among evangelicals. As to Christianity as a whole, disparity of belief is one of it's most obvious features, both today and historically. How anyone could describe Christianity (or Judaism) as narrow in belief or practice is beyond me.

AuntPat, thanks for adding to that point.

fisherman

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have been reading a most fascinating book: "From the Holy Mountain" by William Dalrymple. It gives an insight into the early centuries of Christianity and how some of those early practices and beliefs are still practised today in monasteries throughout the Middle East, Turkey, Syria, Israel, and Egypt, for example. It is a real eye-opener. There are many parallels with Eastern religions, some of which have continued unchanged but not unchallenged through the ages in these remote places. Highly recommended.

fisherman

Patron with Honors
CO, Face, point of clarification. I do understand your negative experiences with charismatic Christianity and don't mean to dismiss that aspect in the slightest. That aspect of American evangelicalism is indeed pervasive. My Uncle is rather extreme in his "born again" views, so I am sympathetic.

I just wanted to make clear that my comments were not meant to slight your experience!

Kutta, that sounds like an excellent book! I may look for it. I'd enjoy learning some of the parallels between east and west, that you mentioned. I hope you'll share some examples, if you have time.

fisherman

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Fisherman,

I have no problems with Christianity and Christians per se. There are extremists in everything...from religion to politics to exercise. There are a number of Jesus’ teachings that I have tried to live my life by...more so than many Christians I have known.:yes:

Unfortunately, some Christians take the "Jesus died for our sins", etc. stuff to mean that they can sin selectively, be forgiven and have their condo on a cloud in Heaven still secure.:coolwink:

I saw a lot of things in Scn that "creeped me out...bad", too. I wasn't looking for God-like perfection in El Ron. What I was looking for in El Ron, in part, was humanity and respect for the dignity of the common man. After a number of years of failing to see any substantive demonstration of courage, honor and basic decency from Hisself, and a few other reasons, I walked away. :no:

My parents passed on convinced they were going to Heaven to be with Jesus for all eternity and that I was going to Hell for all eternity because I had not been born again in Christ.:confused2:

I harbor no malice for my parents...none. I have a little bit of personal knowledge of what being an extremist is like.:melodramatic:

If Heaven is a place that I have to go through someone that holds the keys to get there, whether it be Jesus or El Ron, then I guess I won't be going. I have learned the lesson that Personas Grande isn't the way to enlightenment...at least not for me.

Last edited:

lkwdblds

Crusader
Excellent last sentence!!

Fisherman,

I have no problems with Christianity and Christians per se. There are extremists in everything...from religion to politics to exercise. There are a number of Jesus’ teachings that I have tried to live my life by...more so than many Christians I have known.:yes:

Unfortunately, some Christians take the "Jesus died for our sins", etc. stuff to mean that they can sin selectively, be forgiven and have their condo on a cloud in Heaven still secure.:coolwink:

I saw a lot of things in Scn that "creeped me out...bad", too. I wasn't looking for God-like perfection in El Ron. What I was looking for in El Ron, in part, was humanity and respect for the dignity of the common man. After a number of years of failing to see any substantive demonstration of courage, honor and basic decency from Hisself, and a few other reasons, I walked away. :no:

My parents passed on convinced they were going to Heaven to be with Jesus for all eternity and that I was going to Hell for all eternity because I had not been born again in Christ.:confused2:

I harbor no malice for my parents...none. I have a little bit of personal knowledge of what being an extremist is like.:melodramatic:

If Heaven is a place that I have to go through someone that holds the keys to get there, whether it be Jesus or El Ron, then I guess I won't be going. I have learned the lesson that Personas Grande isn't the way to enlightenment...at least not for me.

Face, your last sentence which I highlighted in blue is so very well stated. To me, if one is threatened with a negative such as "not going to heaven" or "losing their eternity" then the agency making those threats is not in possession of true wisdom or enlightenment. The concept of one attaining spiritual freedom and liberation by acting on the basis of fear for being denied something is complete balderdash and an oxymoron.. One will never enter heaven or experience Nirvana on the basis of actions taken out of fear! That entire concept is ludicrous and absurd! The groups who have to resort to making such threats show that they are not in possession themselves of what they are offering to others.
Lakey

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
What I bought into and Why, Part 5

NOTE: I am also posting this Part 5 on the Apollo '73 thread.

“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.” Abraham Lincoln

“It isn’t necessary to see a good tackle. You can hear it.” Coach Knute Rockne, Notre Dame University

I told the Butcher and the Grocer that I wasn’t going to play basketball and baseball that year and would be more available for hours. They asked why and I told them about my deal with Coach. Before long, every customer was in on it and rooting me on. The Butcher said I needed to be eating lots of beef and insisted that I should have as much of any cut I wanted at carcass cost.

The owner of the sporting goods store said that I should have the best football shoes money could buy and insisted that I pick them out from his catalogue, special order them and pay only his cost…and, while I was at, I should have also have the best set of weights and a bench at cost, as well. Someone, I think it was the Grocer, started up a nickname for me and within days everyone was calling me—I kid you not—“Rock” which soon turned into “Rocky”.

My parents divorce concluded a few weeks before the end of the school year. She owned the house, furniture and all the land, livestock and equipment, free and clear. There was no alimony but she did get child support until my older sister, who was entering college, and I reached 21 years old.

When my father split he had worked out a deal for the rancher next door to run my parents stock with his and he bought most of the stock and some equipment and the rest was sold. My mother leased the “business” part of the property back to him. Overnight, my mother was awash in cash and she set about spending it. She was a piano teacher and church organist and purchased a concert grand and a full pedal board, church quality electric organ. She remodeled, enlarged the kitchen and redecorated the house and added on one fairly large room and one huge, gigantic room that, together, were nearly twice the size of the original house. One smaller room was her piano room and the other the “meeting room” for her Holy Roller friends…in effect, a small church. She also purchased a new car and a nine passenger station wagon for her “church”. Our home was now the “Meeting House” for the soon to be coming “Rapture”, or so they believed.

All this largess was quite a surprise to me. We had lived such an austere life. Honestly, I admire what my parents did in so many ways. They had squeezed every nickel and dime they could for years and added land and stock without borrowing. In my mother's eyes her “ship had come in”. This was her “payoff” for all the years she had “suffered”. As I was still being “shunned” the net effect of the Final Decree of Divorce had no financial impact on me but the impact it did have was worth more than any goodies…my chore load was cut by at least 80%. I had more time to work, train, hang out once in awhile with my buddies and mess around with my girlfriend. My sister had already “come to Jesus” years ago but the only “goodies” she got were some new cloths for college and a loan from my mother to buy a used car…she was on her own to find the money to go to college.

Near the end of the school year my girlfriend started talking about going to the Community College for a year and then, once I had my Scholarship, we could go to that college together. She had already been accepted at a very good State University several hundred miles away. Her parents were all for the plan, she would say, and really thought we were perfect for each other. I would fend her off and say we’d talk about it this summer after her Graduation. I didn’t want to be married and I knew, in my gut, that although I thought the world of her and her family, I didn’t want to marry her, had never asked her or agreed to marry her…they were not Whacko but they were very devout Christians. I broke up with her two weeks after Graduation. It was tough, real tough but I was certain it was the best thing for both of us and, bravely, she agreed.

That summer my mother, for want of a better term, was on a manic. She was gloriously directing all the work being done at the house, holding what I had come to term as her “Séances” and staying up all hours of the night playing her new piano and organ. Early in the summer my father contacted me and, with trepidation, I started spending a weekend a month with him…and my new stepmother. My reticence was well founded, which I will cover in Part 6.

All summer long I worked and worked out, worked and worked out. The God’s of Football smiled down upon me. I finally grew into the size 101/2 D shoes I had been wearing since 8th grade. I had begun my Junior year at 5’9” and 170 lbs. At the preseason weigh in, strength and agility testing for my Senior year I was a hair under 6’ and 188 lbs and could straight military press 220 lbs for 3 reps. I wasn’t much faster but I was quicker, stronger, explosive.

When the school year started my life felt like I was dreaming. I was elected Chairman of the Student Council and Student Body Vice-President. Coach was so proud of me and I was named as one of the tri-Captains. A week before our first preseason game Coach had a team meeting to fire us up for the season. He told us that this team had what it took to be the League Champions but it was up to us to go and take it. Our biggest challenge was going to be the first League game in 3 weeks…we were playing last years Champs. All of us knew what he meant. They were returning their All League, Honorable Mention Quarterback and All League, 1st Team Fullback. The Full back was big, fast, tuff and a huge 215 lbs. That Fullback had run all over us the previous year. He was what made the passing game go for that Quarterback. Their entire offense was based off of trap blocks for the Fullback, draw trap plays for the Fullback, sweeps and rollouts with the Fullback lead-blocking.

Then Coach dropped the bomb. “We’re gonna sucker punch ‘em, men. Face is gonna be Strong Safety for our first two games but over the next three weeks of practice were gonna work him in and teach him to be a Middle Line Backer and when we play those jawboney’s (his favorite expletive) he’s gonna have one job and one job only…wherever that Fullback goes, Face is gonna be there and he’s gonna hit ‘im, and hit ‘im, and hit ‘im 'till his jock strap falls off.”

I was psyched out of my mind the day of the big game. I couldn’t eat hardly a thing…just honey and milk, gobs of honey and milk. As I was lacing up my pro quality shoes I thought about all the people that had believed in me, helped me, had given me this chance. I was determined not to let them down. Just before we headed out of the locker room, Coach came up and said, “Son, there’s scouts out there from Division II, IAA and IA. They’re mainly here to see #34 (the Fullback). Now son, you go out there and show ‘em whatta pussy that jawboney is and what a real football player looks like.”

As I ran onto the field all turned surreal—I was in the zone.

For 31/2 quarters it was a war. #34 made some plays but nothing big. I was taking him out of the game and he knew it and he was getting frustrated…we were pounding each other to a pulp, it was a close game and they were losing.

We won that game. #34 missed the end of the game. He was at the hospital getting his dislocated shoulder set and a cast on his broken collarbone. Halfway through the 3rd quarter they had run their signature 41 trap draw up the middle. I read it and flew into the hole and hit him with the “reckless abandon” Coach had drilled and drilled into me.

I was at the hospital with #34…due to a hairline skull fracture and a severe concussion. My season and, possibly, my career was over.

Last edited:
As to Christianity as a whole, disparity of belief is one of it's most obvious features, both today and historically. How anyone could describe Christianity (or Judaism) as narrow in belief or practice is beyond me.

Depends what you take to be "christianity". The teachings of jesus were jewish. The teachings of paul of tarsus were a rejection of judaism. Two thousand years of continual "squirreling" and "cultural accomodation" has led to a lot of self-styled "christian beliefs" which neither man would have recognized as "christian".

Mark A. Baker

lkwdblds

Crusader
Great Story Face!!!

NOTE: I am also posting this Part 5 on the Apollo '73 thread.

“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.” Abraham Lincoln

“It isn’t necessary to see a good tackle. You can hear it.” Coach Knute Rockne, Notre Dame University

I told the Butcher and the Grocer that I wasn’t going to play basketball and baseball that year and would be more available for hours. They asked why and I told them about my deal with Coach. Before long, every customer was in on it and rooting me on. The Butcher said I needed to be eating lots of beef and insisted that I should have as much of any cut I wanted at carcass cost.

The owner of the sporting goods store said that I should have the best football shoes money could buy and insisted that I pick them out from his catalogue, special order them and pay only his cost…and, while I was at, I should have also have the best set of weights and a bench at cost, as well. Someone, I think it was the Grocer, started up a nickname for me and within days everyone was calling me—I kid you not—“Rock” which soon turned into “Rocky”.

My parents divorce concluded a few weeks before the end of the school year. She owned the house, furniture and all the land, livestock and equipment, free and clear. There was no alimony but she did get child support until my older sister, who was entering college, and I reached 21 years old.

When my father split he had worked out a deal for the rancher next door to run my parents stock with his and he bought most of the stock and some equipment and the rest was sold. My mother leased the “business” part of the property back to him. Overnight, my mother was awash in cash and she set about spending it. She was a piano teacher and church organist and purchased a concert grand and a full pedal board, church quality electric organ. She remodeled, enlarged the kitchen and redecorated the house and added on one fairly large room and one huge, gigantic room that, together, were nearly twice the size of the original house. One smaller room was her piano room and the other the “meeting room” for her Holy Roller friends…in effect, a small church. She also purchased a new car and a nine passenger station wagon for her “church”. Our home was now the “Meeting House” for the soon to be coming “Rapture”, or so they believed.

All this largess was quite a surprise to me. We had lived such an austere life. Honestly, I admire what my parents did in so many ways. They had squeezed every nickel and dime they could for years and added land and stock without borrowing. In my mother's eyes her “ship had come in”. This was her “payoff” for all the years she had “suffered”. As I was still being “shunned” the net effect of the Final Decree of Divorce had no financial impact on me but the impact it did have was worth more than any goodies…my chore load was cut by at least 80%. I had more time to work, train, hang out once in awhile with my buddies and mess around with my girlfriend. My sister had already “come to Jesus” years ago but the only “goodies” she got were some new cloths for college and a loan from my mother to buy a used car…she was on her own to find the money to go to college.

Near the end of the school year my girlfriend started talking about going to the Community College for a year and then, once I had my Scholarship, we could go to that college together. She had already been accepted at a very good State University several hundred miles away. Her parents were all for the plan, she would say, and really thought we were perfect for each other. I would fend her off and say we’d talk about it this summer after her Graduation. I didn’t want to be married and I knew, in my gut, that although I thought the world of her and her family, I didn’t want to marry her, had never asked her or agreed to marry her…they were not Whacko but they were very devout Christians. I broke up with her two weeks after Graduation. It was tough, real tough but I was certain it was the best thing for both of us and, bravely, she agreed.

That summer my mother, for want of a better term, was on a manic. She was gloriously directing all the work being done at the house, holding what I had come to term as her “Séances” and staying up all hours of the night playing her new piano and organ. Early in the summer my father contacted me and, with trepidation, I started spending a weekend a month with him…and my new stepmother. My reticence was well founded, which I will cover in Part 6.

All summer long I worked and worked out, worked and worked out. The God’s of Football smiled down upon me. I finally grew into the size 101/2 D shoes I had been wearing since 8th grade. I had begun my Junior year at 5’9” and 170 lbs. At the preseason weigh in, strength and agility testing for my Senior year I was a hair under 6’ and 188 lbs and could straight military press 220 lbs for 3 reps. I wasn’t much faster but I was quicker, stronger, explosive.

When the school year started my life felt like I was dreaming. I was elected Chairman of the Student Council and Student Body Vice-President. Coach was so proud of me and I was named as one of the tri-Captains. A week before our first preseason game Coach had a team meeting to fire us up for the season. He told us that this team had what it took to be the League Champions but it was up to us to go and take it. Our biggest challenge was going to be the first League game in 3 weeks…we were playing last years Champs. All of us knew what he meant. They were returning their All League, Honorable Mention Quarterback and All League, 1st Team Fullback. The Full back was big, fast, tuff and a huge 215 lbs. That Fullback had run all over us the previous year. He was what made the passing game go for that Quarterback. Their entire offense was based off of trap blocks for the Fullback, draw trap plays for the Fullback, sweeps and rollouts with the Fullback lead-blocking.

Then Coach dropped the bomb. “We’re gonna sucker punch ‘em, men. Face is gonna be Strong Safety for our first two games but over the next three weeks of practice were gonna work him in and teach him to be a Middle Line Backer and when we play those jawboney’s (his favorite expletive) he’s gonna have one job and one job only…wherever that Fullback goes, Face is gonna be there and he’s gonna hit ‘em, and hit ‘em, and hit ‘em till his jock strap falls off.”

I was psyched out of my mind the day of the big game. I couldn’t eat hardly a thing…just honey and milk, gobs of honey and milk. As I was lacing up my pro quality shoes I thought about all the people that had believed in me, helped me, had given me this chance. I was determined not to let them down. Just before we headed out of the locker room, Coach came up and said, “Son, there’s scouts out there from Division II, IAA and IA. They’re mainly here to see #34 (the Fullback). Now son, you go out there and show ‘em whatta pussy that jawboney is and what a real football player looks like.”

As I ran onto the field all turned surreal—I was in the zone.

For 31/2 quarters it was a war. #34 made some plays but nothing big. I was taking him out of the game and he knew it and he was getting frustrated…we were pounding each other to a pulp, it was a close game and they were losing.

We won that game. #34 missed the end of the game. He was at the hospital getting his dislocated shoulder set and a cast on his broken collarbone. Halfway through the 3rd quarter they had run their signature 41 trap draw up the middle. I read it and flew into the hole and hit him with the “reckless abandon” Coach had drilled and drilled into me.

I was at the hospital with #34…due to a hairline skull fracture and a severe concussion. My season and, possibly, my career was over.

Awestome story, I can't wait for the next installment. It's a great human interest story. Very exciting, would make a good movie plot.
Lakey

Fisherman,

If you've never had the pleasure give yourself the chance to watch a performance of G.Bernard Shaw's play "Don Juan in Hell". It's well worth the effort expended. :whistling:

Mark A. Baker

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Face, your last sentence which I highlighted in blue is so very well stated. To me, if one is threatened with a negative such as "not going to heaven" or "losing their eternity" then the agency making those threats is not in possession of true wisdom or enlightenment. The concept of one attaining spiritual freedom and liberation by acting on the basis of fear for being denied something is complete balderdash and an oxymoron.. One will never enter heaven or experience Nirvana on the basis of actions taken out of fear! That entire concept is ludicrous and absurd! The groups who have to resort to making such threats show that they are not in possession themselves of what they are offering to others.Lakey

:thumbsup::yes: