What's new

Aaron Saxton AVO - Case Dismissed

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I reckon the "late turn up" was a ploy by the CofS. Solicitors don't turn up "late" for cases, unless they are on their death bed without a phone - Better to have a case dismissed than a lost one.

Either way, it's funny, and I reckon the magistrate dealing with the next AVO will see it as a ploy too.

So cynical my dear. Gosh scientology would never waste valuable court time/staff like that. :whistling:

I would prefer to think the woman is just a potential trouble source (PTS) and simply crap at time-keeping. :whistling:

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Beautiful Stuff!

Aaron... Good on you Chap!

I'm sure all this is not easy to deal with. You prevailed.

Simple, decent, honest Power. Is the the ticket.

They'll be 'working overtime' for round two... as now their non-reputation is on the line... but fear not. Their over zealousness will without doubt cause them to trip on their own shoelaces. Keep that in mind. Over zealousness is a direct sign of an attempt to out do an imaginary force that one is convinced 'will destroy them' unless they 'out gun it' to death. In most cases where this is evidenced, it is the person or entity that is causing it's own defeat... yet assigning the cause elsewhere. That is why DM and the Co$ are loosing left, right and center. Of course, they are not graced with 'simple, decent, honest' so they will always be stuck in the position of trying to manufacture power.

TEoS

Patron with Honors
Congratulations, Aaron. My commiserations to the poor Scientologist who will be in DM's slapping range when he hears the news :)

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Great News. I imagine the Cyrus AVO will pretty much go the same way. I'm curious, what's the plan for the $5000.00 raised for these legal cases. I'm sure some will be used to pay Aaron's atty but if there is left over money what's the plan? I know Aaron wants transparency for the accounting of the money so I don't think this question is out of line.

Should a Aussie Legal Fund be set up in case this happens again?

Daedle

Patron
It could go towards either a general legal fund for similar cases or for Aaron to hit back and take Scientology to court.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I reckon the "late turn up" was a ploy by the CofS. Solicitors don't turn up "late" for cases, unless they are on their death bed without a phone - Better to have a case dismissed than a lost one.

Sounds plausible. But what happens when a good journalist asks the solicitor about it and presses the question? Does the solicitor say, "Yes, it was my fault, I couldn't get to the court on time?" Can't do the solicitor's reputation much good. They can probably get away with their client lying about being approached by Aaron by saying they hadn't seen the refuting video, but as you say, there is no excuse for not turning up on time for the case.

Still, representing the CofS can't do much for one's résumé anyway.

Paul

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
Over here...when you are being taken to court and win, the person dragging you there, be it a private or public person, has to pay for whatever costs you had to defend yourself.

Different in down under?