What's new

Aaron Saxton AVO - Case Dismissed

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Way to go, Aaron.

You have a large group of very powerful, very free people backing you up.

You are now Fuck of the Mountain.

Your ray-gun of perception blasts holes into planets.

Let them stand before you now and accuse you of something false again.

AnonKat

Crusader
Have a good one Aaron !

10-reasons-to-drink-beer-3.jpg

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
I reckon the "late turn up" was a ploy by the CofS. Solicitors don't turn up "late" for cases, unless they are on their death bed without a phone - Better to have a case dismissed than a lost one.

I reckon you're right Carmel. Now, does OSA have to put the poor lawyers' head on a pike and stick her down in the dungeons because she deliberately lost a very important and winnable case?

I wonder what the business was with the duffel bag? If the lawyer deliberately turned up late, why did she need a duffel bag?? Some mysterious $cn mystery sandwich?? Any way you look at it, those guys are really on the ball!

Congratulations Aaron. You are awesome!

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I reckon you're right Carmel. Now, does OSA have to put the poor lawyers' head on a pike and stick her down in the dungeons because she deliberately lost a very important and winnable case?

I wonder what the business was with the duffel bag? If the lawyer deliberately turned up late, why did she need a duffel bag?? Some mysterious $cn mystery sandwich?? Any way you look at it, those guys are really on the ball!

Maybe it was 'bag-o-cash' Tech for an ex-parte motion

Zinj

Feral

Rogue male

Inside her duffle bag was her swag, billy and damper.

She was told if she lost the case she'd be spending the next six years in the SP hole.

(translation, sleeping bag, kettle and bread)

ScudMuffin

Silver Meritorious Patron
Nice one Aaron! Wonder if that's the reason it kicked off on the protest myself. Either way, congrats and beers.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Congrats Aaron! Well done for fighting clam oppression!

Best of luck on the remaining AVO: my prayers for you to God and Spirit.

Fantastic news!

May 11th will go the same way... if only because by then, the Oz/NZ press will have spent MUCH more time covering Scn.

But the AVOs are frivolous at best, and harrassment at worst.

The legal system will notice.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
my recco

Great News. I imagine the Cyrus AVO will pretty much go the same way. I'm curious, what's the plan for the $5000.00 raised for these legal cases. I'm sure some will be used to pay Aaron's atty but if there is left over money what's the plan? I know Aaron wants transparency for the accounting of the money so I don't think this question is out of line.

Should a Aussie Legal Fund be set up in case this happens again?

The funds should be held in an escrow account as a warchest for future legal defense. The fund should be added to as well. There needs to be some trustees involved to decide how to appropriate the funds in the event that a legal defense is needed. Perhaps Aaron's lawyer could act as trustee and/or assist in setting up the trust/appointing trustees.

In the event that a warchest is built up, that in and of itself would serve as a deterrent to the cult against filing frivolous actions.

Eventually, once the cult goes belly up/is disbanded/morphs into a kinder gentler cult, the trustees can disburse the funds to some worthy Scn. victims.

Pete