What's new

Aaron Saxton: Celebrities and Blackmail

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Speakin' of which... Travolta has expressed doubts and misgivings about the 'church' management in the past.. And pursuant to that there was 'leaked' rumours about him being gay and stuff he did...

But actually.. John Travolta probably could leave and yell from the rooftops about it at this time... Not because the media is any more 'fair' than it ever was.. But because Scientology's critics has made this cults mafia like behavior public knowledge.

In fact.. The worlds people will stand by John Travolta, if he chose to quit the Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology!

Do it man!!

:yes:

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
Truths about the 'confessionals'

why doesnt Aaron get on some high profile show on Amnerican TV and talk about this stuff, I'm sure Amertica would be interested.

RogerB

Crusader
Capt. Bill R. Stated Himself in His Book He "Blackmailed" JT

I remember reading in one of Capt Bill Robertson's books his admitting, actually boasting, of his threatening John Travolta with "exposure" if he did not "do the right thing for the greatest good" and become a public spokesman for Scn.

Robertson was actually singing the song of how "ethical" he was to have had the "integrity" to use whatever force or powers necessary to "get the job done for the greatest good."

Yoiks!

After I read this crap, I trashed the book (1990) . . . wish I hadn't now.

Whatever might be said about JT now is irrelevant . . . particularly after the embrace of "Brokeback Mountain" by Hollywood and the media et al.

What should be said is that this case as stated by Robertson himself, in writing, is an example of the Cof$'s crimes and criminal mentally. It condemns the the Scn organization, not the people it victimizes.

By the way, my understanding of British law is that, apart from capital crimes, crimes one has been subject to blackmail for are forgiven and not prosecutable if the blackmail victim comes forward and exposes the blackmail.

Roger

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

By the way, my understanding of British law is that, apart from capital crimes, crimes one has been subject to blackmail for are forgiven and not prosecutable if the blackmail victim comes forward and exposes the blackmail.

Roger

Aaron said the Statute of Limitations had expired, but the problem is the PR angle, not the legal angle. The press isn't going to change. I don't know how forgiving any particular celeb's public are going to be — I would think that JT's would put up with quite a bit. It depends what he did that is likely to come out. Coke and gay liaisons are pretty much non-news by now (unless you're the President).

Paul

RogerB

Crusader
Aaron said the Statute of Limitations had expired, but the problem is the PR angle, not the legal angle. The press isn't going to change. I don't know how forgiving any particular celeb's public are going to be — I would think that JT's would put up with quite a bit. It depends what he did that is likely to come out. Coke and gay liaisons are pretty much non-news by now (unless you're the President).

Paul

I think you are right, Paul. Hell, in this case it might even resurrect his career! CBR was specific as to the "sensitive matter."

The angle here is the criminality of CBR and the church think.

The other legal issue I mentioned is for the benefit of others. JT's issue nowadays is really a non-event . . . but not CBR's. CBR's action was unconscionable.

R

ULRC/S

Patron with Honors
Rog,
Exactly WHICH book of CBRs contained this story about JT?

Bill has written two books, neither of which in any way glorify the CoS or anything done in it or by it.

I don't let such accusations against a close friend go unchallenged, OK?

Regards, Allen