ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

ABC 4 Corners Quentin McDermott on A Current Affair Tonight

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Happy Days, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Happy Days

Happy Days Silver Meritorious Patron

I've just heard the 4 Corners Doco Interviewer, Quentin McDermott, will be on A Current Affair tonight at 7.00pm.

Just so you know this never happens so the doco is HOT HOT news. How great is that :thumbsup:

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

2. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Wait......

One television station is interviewing a reporter from a rival television station?

This is wild. :happydance:

3. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

This is awesome!

The politicians ignore this at their peril. :timebomb: The fact that this is hot, hot news :fire: ... that this is sizzling shows the interest that the Australian people are taking in this issue. The people are listening and they're not happy.

4. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Isn't it a hoot! - Quentin has a story to tell though, so why not! :giggle: And, it's not like he could tell *this* story on the ABC . :whistling:

5. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Snowball Effect.

6. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

It just keeps getting better and better!

:happydance:

7. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Not for *some* .

:hysterical::roflmao::hysterical:

8. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Yeah, certainly not for TomTom and his dictator. Tommy fucked up when the Four Corners guys were in LA and when they interviewed him in Clearwater......This show should be a real beauty, too.

9. DavidM

DavidM Patron with Honors

lol this is just beautiful!

I'm pleased to see A Current Affair is not letting Today Tonight have all the fun

10. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

I don't think I can take much more of this ... but I'll do my best.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

11. supafreak

supafreak Patron Meritorious

Somebody record and upload to Youtube please? :prettyplease:

12. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

There's no doubt that it'll be up on youtube real quick, 'cause Quentin will be Anon's flavour of the day. :happydance: Can't wait!

13. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Maybe there is a just and fair Supreme Being (contrary to current cult doctrine which says it's DM) and we've all landed in Heaven.:happydance:

Must alert lots people on this one - this is confirmed?

14. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Yep, confirmed...and don't forget triple j in 10 mins or so (hack)

15. Consensus

Consensus Patron with Honors

You guys are making it hard for me to stay sensible. I keep telling myself not to count chickens before they hatch. If this week ends with the aussie parliament declining to investigate scientology, I'll still be overwhelmed with the level of win we've achieved this week. The reach this has had is overwhelming. NYT and 4Corners have achieved so much for us; educating, inoculating, it's a huge win for us.

But rumors of A Current Affair and The Today Show, the upcoming vote in parliament, I'm starting to actually EXPECT that they'll investigate, revoke tax exemptions, which would cut tax exemption in the UK and further fuel the collapse. I've known for some time that ANZO has all but collapsed; but I didn't expect the collapse to spread so quickly and effectively to the 'wog' population in that continent, and I underestimated the potential of that spreading. Now I could totally see this fervor spreading to the UK, and from there, the entire planet. We might see Scientology bankrupt before the year is out!

... but if it doesn't play out like that, I won't be disappointed. The wins we already have in hand this week would make this year a good one even if nothing further happens until January.

16. Emma

It is hard to stay sensible.

I keep telling myself that it's not over yet, because in the past I've thought "this is it!" and it hasn't been it.

But I don't think there will be an "it". There will just be a growing public awareness and concern over this harmful cult and in the end the politicians and law enforcement agencies will have to do something.

Having said that .....

I'm so GOD DAMNED EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!!

17. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

23 minutes to go! LOL. :)

18. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Oh, not what we were told it would be, but the source of our info wasn't from Channel 9 and didn't do the editing.

Bloody good anyway! Now the four corners info has gotten to *both* Aussie publics, and chances are, those who saw this pgm will now go on-line and look at the 4 Corners show.

Good stuff!!! :thumbsup:

Julia Hargrave - I know that *she* knows. She lies too. I wonder why they chose her?- Crikey!

19. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

They replayed quite a nice chunk of the 4 Corners program, nicely done!
    This Julia person was probably supposed to look nice and cuddly and wise or something. She denied the sec check questions and called the amount of critics very small "about 2%". Unreal.

20. Emma

Well Julia is a nice cuddly LIAR.

Truly, and I mean no offence to her, but if that's the best they can come up with in response to the devastating 4 Corners report, then it's almost no fun fighting them any more. They are already defeated.