ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

ABC 4 Corners Quentin McDermott on A Current Affair Tonight

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Happy Days, Mar 9, 2010.

1. DavidM

DavidM Patron with Honors

This is very significant because a huge proportion of the Aussie population just got the truth about Scientology on their TV screens. Between Four Corners, Today Tonight, A Current Affair, talk back radio that was discussing the Four Corners report earlier today, Triple J interviewing an ex Sea Org member etc it would be hard to miss this story. Public outrage will make our politicians want to act.

2. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

Who on earth is Julia Hargrave?!? I've never even heard of her before, but shes almost as bad as Tommy.

Other then that a nice little segment, blowing the exposure out even further!

3. Miss Pert

Miss Pert Silver Meritorious Patron

Julia Hargrave is, or was, I believe a Class IX auditor at AOSH ANZO, Panda could probably confirm that. She also had a bit part in the TRs tech film TR4, along with DM, just a bit of trivia. She was probably chosen because she has been around for so long and because she has that "nice granny" appearance but grannies can lie too.

4. Happy Days

Happy Days Silver Meritorious Patron

She's the Qual Sec AOSH ANZO or was according to Jordi... and she also the Lying I/C...

5. Happy Days

Happy Days Silver Meritorious Patron

She not auditing anymore.... and she was no match for Hana who was on 4 Corners...

6. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

Well I be a mothers son

Goddamn they put Julia Hargreaves up there to defend the church...a comparable datum to Hana...I don't think so, she lied through her teeth about the circumstances around Jordan's departure.

My god they have followed the pattern laid in by Hubbard, lie and if that doesn't work lie some more. Poor Julia...her use by date is almost upon her she will find soon enough just how much her church cares for her.

James

7. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Julia cracked us up.

"A lot of people leave the church" No shit Julia.

Only 2.5% are suing us, er that would be 250,000 or 900 depending on who's figures you use on how many Scios there are, serious, is it that out of favour?

She lied through her teeth on the leaving sec check, the health care and the abortion and pay issues.

Can we see your group certificate there Julia?

8. Once bitten

Once bitten Patron Meritorious

Anybody got a link for us poor Kiwis???????

Pretty please???

9. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Yes! I hope the outraeg takes the public servants to task upon the cult.

:happydance:

"... I’d actually like to take a break and take some time off and go and do the Rehabilitation Project Force. It’s something that is held in high regard by members of the Sea Organization." - Tommy Davis in Four Corners Interview

10. littlebopeep

littlebopeep Patron

dammit. Had a nap, could have slept through a nuclear war. Missed it. looking for links on TT now, not having much luck.

11. DavidM

Someone is uploading it to youtube right now

12. DavidM

13. littlebopeep

littlebopeep Patron

Wow, just watched the ACA segment. Can't help but laugh. Maybe there's too much vodka in my pinaple juice?

It angers me so much that it seems no one except the media is willing to look at how common and similar the claims of ex's are.
    Julia Hargreaves - what a crock of shit. I love the ACA lady and think she dealt with Julia very well. Can't wait to see the rest of the snow ball tumbling down the hill.

14. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Shit! - I feel nauseous! I just watched Julia Hargreaves.. Now I usually think that scientologists are somewhat excused because they're caught in Hubbards mindfuck.

I can't find any excuse for this woman.. She obviously knows the scam, and she's protecting it.. Gahhhh!

Thankfully she's 'applying' Hubbard's breakthrough PR tech..

:puke:

15. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

I haven't seen the news vids which makes following the comments in this thread very bloody interesting. I'm gonna see how long I can keep from watching them.

And the comments in this thread send Waltzing Matilda through my head.

16. minnie

minnie Patron with Honors

I noticed Julia Hargreaves getting more emphatic in her denials the closer the reporter got to the truth - just like Tommy Davis.

I found her speaking to be very dull and slow - she was being very careful. I wonder if that will read on her next end ruds check :"Is there anything you have been careful of?" "failed to reveal?" etc etc. I pity anyone who is being made to lie for this cult - it is mentally damaging in itself to do so no matter what they believe about the "greatest good".

I wish the RPF was asked about. I well remember seeing her husband Bruce, after he'd been assigned to the RPF working around the AO in his black shirt and shorts looking miserable. I felt sorry for him then and feel sorry for him and her now.

17. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

I nearly fell over, when I saw they'd sent Julia to do the job. I don't think that I've EVER heard her raise her voice, but then again nor have I ever heard Vicki Dunstan raise her voice either. I always considered her duped, rather than a duper. I can't believe that this particular woman could lie with such a straight face. I recall having to be on guard with her somewhat, and having to watch my tone with her, otherwise I'd upset her and she'd crumble....She was a somewhat "nervy" type, who ya couldn't really call a spade a spade to, without some adverse reaction.

She's audited many on sec checks, and many of those she's audited have been crew. She *is* in the know re the abortions and about what one has to go through to get out. She lied. Some would say "all scientologists lie".....Not from my experience in the past, but these days, I suppose they *have* to, if they want to remain Scientologists.

18. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Maybe she drilled a whole day for this?

19. ausanon

ausanon Patron

To anyone that uploads Ch 9 A Current Affair footage - be aware that they will take it down - they have with me in the past.

You can view whole segment on their website at -

http://video.au.msn.com/browse/news/current-affairs

---------------------------------------------

Also Quentin McDermott spoke with Ray Headley on 2GB - there is a outtake from that broadcast on youtube - (talking about Tommy Davis) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLYWcow6Zmg

and to hear the whole interview on 2GB go to -

http://www.2gb.com/index.php?Itemid=58&id=15&option=com_homepage

20. Lavalyte

Lavalyte Patron with Honors

Haven't seen it. Did anyone mention TR-L? I always wonder why a reporter wouldn't. I mean;

<after much of the usual denying from CoS spokesperson>
    Reporter: Scientology has a training regime specifically designed to teach scientology spokespeople to lie to the Press. Given that, why should the viewers believe what you say?