ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

ABC News: Scientology shatters families and enforces Disconnection!

Discussion in 'Fair Game and Disconnection Victims' started by Knows, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Wants2Talk

Wants2Talk Silver Meritorious Patron

Peace and freedom.

2. Winston Smith

Winston Smith Flunked Scientology

OK. But so did just about everything Beethoven wrote, piano sonatas, symphonies, string quartets, piano trios. In fact he tore up his dedication of the 3rd Symphony when Napoleon declared himself Emperor. I am sorry to be contrary, but you are at a disadvantage when talking music with me. In fact, I can hardly count all the great masterpieces which were written with peace and freedom in mind.

Yes I am a jerk. But I have also lived a lifetime playing that great stuff, and somehow today I love it more than ever. It was not always that way. I hated cello and music with a passion at one time in my life. But now somehow I have become free of the concerns of playing. Used to be so concerned about whether I was pleasing the conductor. Now I just play and it is what it is.

Anyway, even though I was less than gracious to you, I appreciate the idea immensely.

3. Wants2Talk

Wants2Talk Silver Meritorious Patron

I am admittedly just a fan of music. I awoke this morning with an innocent memory of a vinyl LP my mom and dad played for me and let me play from the time I was perhaps 3 until I left for college, and Hubbard's snare. I remembered how wonderful it made me feel - like life was good warm and full of honest feeling and adventure. My faltering memory read Peir Gynt (or some such) on the blue-green cover. I searched for it on YouTube and thanks to its spelling correction I found it.

It struck me a novel notion to give a soundtrack to a post. So I tried it!

Again through the wonders of the internet, I found that Peer Gynt is not the name of the composer, but an five-act play in verse by Norwegian Henrik Ibsen, 1867. Upon further search, I found a black and white silent movie of the play shot in the Michigan woods in 1941 with 18 year old Charlton Heston playing the part of Peer Gynt. It has women, woods and magical fairytale stuff, So I am a happy naif.

4. an organization has to actually break the laws. our constitution allows groups to form with their own internal bylaws. i don't endorse many of CoS's policies and practices but if you look at primary documents such as the creed of the church it's stated ideals are just fine. not only that but these appeal to those who support the constitution and the bill of rights and have the personal character to maintain their personal integrity. is CoS a potential threat?

perhaps...

wake me up when the killin' starts...

5. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...that help you wake up, Commander?

6. Winston Smith

The only thing the COS really gets its panties in a wad over is its religious exemption from IRS. That be the lynchpin which would make the whole thing crumble if denied by the IRS. There must be something the IRS knows that we don't. Or perhaps given how corrupt that agency is there are Scilons placed all over the section that oversees religious adjudication.

EDIT: I note that Will Smith's foundation is down to $22K now. Has he given his fortune to the mighty Church of Davie? The article noted he has not had a hit movie in years; the latest was a bomb. Hmm...wonder if he ever thinks about dropping his millions into Miscarriage's pockets?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  7. this is ancient history HH...

we're well aware of lisa's wrongful death

wrongful deaths happen daily all over the place. an estimated 98,000 deaths by medical error happen annually in the US. most of them don't even lead to malpractice suits and few of those result in awards as large as lisa's family received. nor do any of them generate massive bad publicity and become fodder for propagandists

as long as lisa's family doesn't object it's fine for lisa to be the poster child for a protest movement but the case itself is a nonissue; it happened, it went to court and was resolved. case closed

8. it wouldn't crumble without it's exemption winnie. it didn't crumble before it got it's exemption did it?

the subject means little or nothing to you but i'm an auditor. i know what i've done with the materials. and i know we are spirits with what could be denominated as "OT" potential some of which i have myself realized and used...

9. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

CB, medical error is one thing. If we canned every doctor who made a mistake, we'd have no doctors.

Medical malpractice is quite another, and doctors have to keep hefty insurance policies to pay when they go beyond a simple mistake. Mostly docs continue to practice. Who hasn't made a major mistake in their career?

Medical negligence is quite another thing again, and a doc doing that will soon have a pulled ticket and possible jail time.

This goes beyond even medical negligence, as NO ONE INVOLVED WAS LICENSED TO PRACTICE MEDICINE.

This deserves a lot more bad publicity than it got. Lisa deserves it.

10. Hey Commander the deaths and suicides are not ancient history. Have you heard of Kyle Brennan, Johnnie Lewis, Greg Bashaw, Heribert Pfaff, Rex Fowler...

11. Gib

Gib Crusader

12. Lord Xenu

Lord Xenu Patron Meritorious

The other person, "person B", was declared an SP out of pure spite by one of the top people in the UK who is supposed to be "putting ethics in on the planet".

Any names?
    :unsure:

13. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Austin Lenniston, MAA at St. Hill at the time was the guy throwing his weight around. He later got busted for it as far as I know.

He may have been International Justice Chief also at the same time.

14. Winston Smith

Are you telling me if Davie had to file corporate income taxes that the hit would not be significant? And then OSHA and who knows what other agencies examining labor practices of Scn? That would not be enough to bring indictments and lengthy prison terms? And maybe compensation to victims? Oh, my the can of worms that would be opened if this were a legit enterprise.

15. Gib

Gib Crusader

as CB said:

"the subject means little or nothing to you but i'm an auditor. i know what i've done with the materials. and i know we are spirits with what could be denominated as "OT" potential some of which i have myself realized and used..."

When CB dies, the subject dies.

16. i don't know if you've ever noticed or not but death and suicides have been going on for all of recorded history and the archeologists and paleontologists tell us they were also going on before recorded history

i am familiar with these cases. and others. pfaff doesn't belong on the list. the how and why of his death is a complete mystery. kyle is a tragedy. my own opinion is that he was victim of nothing so much as a bitter divorce. as so very many children are. none of us are in a position to make definintive statements about his medical treatment. greg's case reflects very badly on flag as he pleaded with them about a condition which turned on in session and was ignored. rex shot his partner. what does that have to do with the subject of dianetics?

Co$ suxxx...

i'm here and i like being here. i like people using their right to free speech. i like discourse between people with different opinions and perspectives. my opinion of auditing and auditor training, based on personal study and practice is that they are good things. very, very, very good things. yeah. shit happens. during the dark ages five million people were burned at the stake in europe. most of them under the auspices of the roman catholic church. there are many people today who will say this proves christianity is just crap. doesn't prove it to me

17. a very small number of people fucked up. why should anyone who didn't fuck up be punished?

i don't have any problem with someone practicing medicine without license. i do have a problem with someone practicing medcine without a brain. jee-yay-ziss! you and i are out hiking and a bear bites off your arm. you scream "i'm bleeding to death! apply a tourniquet!" you want me to say "i can't. i'm not licensed to practice medicine"?

18. Lord Xenu

Lord Xenu Patron Meritorious

i know what i've done with the materials. and i know we are spirits with what could be denominated as "OT" potential some of which i have myself realized and used...[/QUOTE]

Yes, you may be a super being, but like many other OTs you have no understanding of language even though you might be constantly looking up misunderstood words and studying vast amounts of 'tech'. Has no one ever pointed out that 'I' should be capitalised?

19. i have seen the other pictures

there are bruises on her wrists indicating application of restraint. there are insect bites indicating gross negligence

i'm all in favor of observing the obvious

why do you suggest otherwise?

20. Yes, you may be a super being, but like many other OTs you have no understanding of language even though you might be constantly looking up misunderstood words and studying vast amounts of 'tech'. Has no one ever pointed out that 'I' should be capitalised?
    [/QUOTE]

are you familiar with archie and mehitabel or e. e.cummings?