What's new

ABC News: Scientology shatters families and enforces Disconnection!

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

I cannot believe the amount of control people allow the cofs to have over their PRIVATE lives.

If I'd been 'asked' to disconnect from one of my children I'd have told them to fuck off ... and I'd have meant it.

I really feel for the children of scientologists, they must be totally confused.

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
The Tampa Bay Times article is very powerful, especially toward the end where the son considers suicide. Any parent, grandparent, sibling or friend can relate to this heartrending situation. Thanks for sharing the links.

Chip

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Disconnection is a very sad thing. My dad got SP declared when I was 3 years old (1975) and we were disconnected from him until I found him 30 years later.

How can I, so young, be in any sort of position to really determine if I want to be connected or disconnected from him? Would this not be something that I should chose? And yet it was never my choice.

----

And of course, when I got SP declared (in 2004), my Sea Org mom disconnected from me. But that did not stop me from sending in letters and pictures, which were sent in to her (she received them, I was able to confirm through other family members). My mom has also disconnected from my brother and his family, because he talks to me.

Scientology has effectively convinced my mom to disconnect from her entire family.

I have since figured out that there is no changing her mind and if she wants to spend the rest of her life in a cult and ignore people who ACTUALLY love her, then so be it. I have decided to stop chasing her. If she does not want to meet her grandchildren and be part of their lives, then that is on her.

I have made it loud and clear to her repeatedly (and so has my brother) that she can call or come back to us anytime. She has all of our phone numbers and addresses. If she wanted to blow, we would be there to catch her. And I still will, but I cant chase her anymore. I am tired of the games Scientology plays.

It has messed with 32 years of my life, and I wont let it mess with anymore.

Maybe I am a bitch to give up, but I have never felt better since I did.

Fuck them. They think its funny and they smirk at dangling the disconnection card.

------------

Everyone who has spoken against Scn has effectively pushed away every family member in Scientology. There is no turning back. It is a sad, sad thing.

Sometimes a family member will wake up, and that is wonderful. It happened to my brother first, then me. Thankfully we are able to live normal lives and raise our children.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I have since figured out that there is no changing her mind and if she wants to spend the rest of her life in a cult and ignore people who ACTUALLY love her, then so be it. I have decided to stop chasing her. If she does not want to meet her grandchildren and be part of their lives, then that is on her.

I have made it loud and clear to her repeatedly (and so has my brother) that she can call or come back to us anytime. She has all of our phone numbers and addresses. If she wanted to blow, we would be there to catch her. And I still will, but I cant chase her anymore. I am tired of the games Scientology plays.

It has messed with 32 years of my life, and I wont let it mess with anymore.

Good for you, Bea. I'm glad you finally did this.

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
Disconnection is a very sad thing. My dad got SP declared when I was 3 years old (1975) and we were disconnected from him I should chose? And yet it was never my choice. until I found him 30 years later.
something that

----

Fuck them. They think its funny and they smirk at dangling the disconnection card.

------------

You are not a bitch you are a very clever and sane woman.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:flowers2::bighug:

Opter

Leland

Crusader

I cannot believe the amount of control people allow the cofs to have over their PRIVATE lives.

If I'd been 'asked' to disconnect from one of my children I'd have told them to fuck off ... and I'd have meant it.

I really feel for the children of scientologists, they must be totally confused.

I'll explain a bit how it works!

first you accept that you are not a human....that you are a thetan. You are taught that as a thetan, you really are not related to your family except by "meat body" ( geaneology) in English . Then you believe a thetan can go OT. You see higher ups that have done it so you believe. And you want that. Then there is the pts/sp tech. One has to take that course. You are taught anyone with any disagreement to you being in Scientology or Scientology as an organization is an SP. To contiue in Scien you cannot be connected to an SP so you have to disconnect. There is more. But these are basic changes in conceptual thinking that happens to a cult person!

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'll explain a bit how it works!

first you accept that you are not a human....that you are a thetan. You are taught that as a thetan, you really are not related to your family except by "meat body" ( geaneology) in English . Then you believe a thetan can go OT. You see higher ups that have done it so you believe. And you want that. Then there is the pts/sp tech. One has to take that course. You are taught anyone with any disagreement to you being in Scientology or Scientology as an organization is an SP. To contiue in Scien you cannot be connected to an SP so you have to disconnect. There is more. But these are basic changes in conceptual thinking that happens to a cult person!

Leland - you nailed it...."meat body", "Raw Meat", Scientology slowly de-humanizes people. You come in and do a course and feel a bit better than roller coaster...(typical in life) then you are routed on to the PTS/SP course....confront and shatter suppression, only little do you know that you have just wrapped the largest, most suppressive tentacle around you - Scientology!

Just look at abortions in the Sea Org and the way the "tech" refers to children...all designed to take yours away and put them to work for the rest of their lives in a Slave Labor Camp with no pay and no rewards because just look at the amount of people that don't go up the Bridge and leave! More leave than stay! The slaves are kept so busy and get used to people coming and going and disappearing - they don't know what is going on and have no way of seeing the big picture.

The Registrar bankrupts and never knows the devastation they caused because they don't talk to you after they suck your money out of all bank accounts....they move on to the next victim forced to keep their stats up or no rice and beans for them!

Keep unraveling the confusing ball of "tech" and keep exposing the truth about what exactly Scientology is and does.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
This story makes me so incredibly sad. It brings up a lot of emotions and fears that are very close to home. What I found particularly frightening, and yet so true, is the level of insulation/ignorance demonstrated by the quotes below. These are not people living in communes away from the evils of the world - these are people who go to work, shop in regular establishments, and lead what, for most, look like ordinary lives. This really highlights what I see at home and among the scns I know.

Following her trial, Sara had trouble eating and sleeping. She did something she'd never done: research the church.
She read the abuse allegations from Rathbun, Rinder and other defectors. She read accounts of women who said church officers pressured them to terminate pregnancies while working in the Sea Org. She read Debbie Cook's remarkable testimony of being confined with other church managers, night and day for several weeks, in a church office building in California derisively called "The Hole.'' She read about the FBI's investigation of church work areas, the lawsuits filed against the church in Tampa, L.A., and Texas.
"I went, 'Oh, my God.' I had no idea. This is horrible.''

Sara asked Ashley to walk around the block. She told her daughter about Cook's testimony and other reports of abuse.
You're reading the Internet! Ashley exclaimed.

Mr/s Blanky is one of the kindest people I've ever known. S/he is troubled by fictional people in popular entertainment who do bad things. S/he is particularly disturbed when, as the audience, you are first led to liking someone who turns out to be a bad guy. And by disturbed I mean will lose sleep over it. Can you imagine the spiritual/emotional damage when s/he comes face to face with what cos/dm really are? And then to know s/he's given money to support that? And yet, s/he is a die hard true believer who has disconnected from family members for questioning the saintliness of cos. Ugh.

What more can we do to make this information - all of it, any of it, bits and pieces - so visible it can't be missed? Billboards or bus bench/shelter posters near orgs? Documentaries - radio and television? Mass effort press releases to local stations in cities with orgs and missions?

I'm angry today.

Blanky

Last edited:

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors
Critical thinking has definitely left the building when it comes to these absurd policies. I mean if "they" are the only ones who can do something about it, then why is the handle to disconnect? Seems like more of a make-wrong than a "handle".

How are you supposed to save a planet by disconnecting? Makes no sense. Nor does it display any sort of effective abilities on their part. Unless of course you're training them to be ostriches, then in that case, stats are "straight up and vertical".

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
This story makes me so incredibly sad. It brings up a lot of emotions and fears that are very close to home. What I found particularly frightening, and yet so true, is the level of insulation/ignorance demonstrated by the quotes below. These are not people living in communes away from the evils of the world - these are people who go to work, shop in regular establishments, and lead what, for most, look like ordinary lives. This really highlights what I see at home and among the scns I know.

Mr/s Blanky is one of the kindest people I've ever known. S/he is troubled by fictional people in popular entertainment who do bad things. S/he is particularly disturbed when, as the audience, you are first led to liking someone who turns out to be a bad guy. And by disturbed I mean will lose sleep over it. Can you imagine the spiritual/emotional damage when s/he comes face to face with what cos/dm really are? And then to know s/he's given money to support that? And yet, s/he is a die hard true believer who has disconnected from family members for questioning the saintliness of cos. Ugh.

What more can we do to make this information - all of it, any of it, bits and pieces - so visible it can't be missed? Billboards or bus bench/shelter posters near orgs? Documentaries - radio and television? Mass effort press releases to local stations in cities with orgs and missions?

I'm angry today.

Blanky

Blanky - I totally agree and feel anger too about it. What I have noticed since I got out is that this is stage one. She thinks the church is run by a SP and Hubbard is okay. At least she won't get any worse - redoing the Bridge, training, purif and 500 hours of OBJ not to mention being subjected to more crush regging because she is now looked at *the OT's* from COB's viewpoint as RESPONSIBLE to get people in etc.

She appears to be a kind, loving and good person. It is amazing that until the cult "HITS HOME" by forcing disconnection on her - she most likely participated in some cringe-worthy activities like disconnecting from friends who supported Debbie Cook and got declared. Scientology uses trauma and mind control to convince people to do things they otherwise would not. She was under it for a very long time. I was not - so it was easier for me to LOOK AT EVERYTHING immediately upon receiving Debbie Cook's e-mail. But for some - it takes longer.

I suspect (most people newly out like are her) she will begin to look more. She will be stuck in this trauma with no relief. I watched Marty and Mike do it on their blogs. They went from "no entheta about Ron" on our Blogs a few years ago - to now allowing people to post everything about Ron and the Cult. She reads these blogs so it will crack the last remaining bubble protecting her from the truth very soon!

The postings all over the internet are available to anyone who wants to know.

Even with "loving Ron" - life will be rough and still not make sense to her - the "tech" always has excuses as to why Scientology does not work.

She is OT 8 - how come she can't get at cause over this and permeate her daughters beingness and glow her out? It is such a mind fuck!

This family has delivered a very hard blow to the Cult with her announcement of what Scientology has done to her family. She may not stop and continue to talk to the media - which is HUGE!

I would bet money on it that she will probably go to the Independent Field for a while and try it there - but she won't get relief. It doesn't work and was put together by a crazy, psycho and pill popping nut! Sure - parts of it work but so does Heroin. Feels good for a bit but then there is that nasty hangover and addiction which leads one spiraling down!

Only until one fully inspects the entire subject of Scientology with no restraint and puts their "critical thinking" hat back on (they removed it without knowing but they still have access to it) will there be lasting relief.

PTSD is common after leaving a cult of this magnitude and it is crippling. There are tons of things one can do to get themselves help and relief. I can't believe all that is out there available for free and I have found very effective tools to use. I am so grateful to THE PSYCHS for some of the information they provide on the subject, including some medications and therapies. I am grateful to all the holistic approaches out there available to help.

I am so happy another Scientologist has at least woken up enough to LOOK at the internet and reach stage one! It typically has to hit home in their own camp before they LOOK. That is disgusting but we need to forgive them and welcome them out. We too did shit we cringe about today...some more than others - but that can depend on the level of "trap" they were in with Scientology. I was lucky and had no traps! Some people get trapped with family in, signed staff contracts, witholding spiritual freedom trap, being declared an SP trap, money on account trap, the guilt trip Gang Banging Sec Check mind fuck trap convincing them it is their fault!

I am angry that this cult is allowed to be in "business" even one more day. I will do everything I can to help people get out. Some will choose to stay ignorant and believe Hubbard was a saint until the day they die. Oh well, it is their life, their mind, their spirit and their pain they will carry with them forever! As long as they stay deluded with HubTubbs - IMHO - they will never be free!

Last edited:

Out-Ethics

Patron Meritorious
ABC NEWS FLASH:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/woman-claims-scientology-tear-family-22937770

TAMPA BAY TIMES - FRONT PAGE:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...ce-a-mother-to-choose-son-or-daughter/2170325

Scientology's spokesperson Karin Pouw states "the Church did not force this disconnection" but the letter from Mike Ellis states otherwise. See - when you prove they lie - what do they do - they lie some more! Bat shit crazy cult!

Stick a fork in it - SCIENTOLOGY IS SO DONE!

Just saw this. The Church of LieOlogy always go out of their way to tell everyone how they don't force families to disconnect. Why is it and I'll bet you you cannot find one instance at anytime in the history of the Church of LieOlogy that they ever persuaded family members to not disconnect. Did they not see the letter that they wrote?

Just saw this. The Church of LieOlogy always go out of their way to tell everyone how they don't force families to disconnect. Why is it and I'll bet you you cannot find one instance at anytime in the history of the Church of LieOlogy that they ever persuaded family members to not disconnect. Did they not see the letter that they wrote?
How could they possibly even think about still trying to deny it.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/tommy_davis_sci.php

betskand

Patron with Honors
The Tampa Bay Times article is very powerful, especially toward the end where the son considers suicide. Any parent, grandparent, sibling or friend can relate to this heartrending situation. Thanks for sharing the links.

Chip

I am blown away by the courage of the Tampa Bay Times and Mr. Child and other writers who have followed CO$ in spite of undoubted harassment, threats, etc.

Things have moved along since the days when CO$ could drive poor Paulette Cooper almost insane and on the brink of a prison sentence.

Tick, tock...

betskand

Patron with Honors
Ask my dad who was out of the life of me and my brother from when I was 3 and my brother was 5. We were disconnected from him the whole time we were in Scientology. That would be 29 years.

So so sad. And so utterly unnecessary. If anyone questions the fact that members are brainwashed, the best example is that they continually agree to make one of the most devastating and unnatural decisions on the face of the earth...disconnection between parents and children.

betskand

Patron with Honors
How could they possibly even think about still trying to deny it.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/tommy_davis_sci.php

This is something I keep wondering...and yet, like clockwork, every news story or claim is followed by a disclaimer.

In Lawrence Wright's book it seems that half the footnotes, following paragraphs about some event or other, read: "The Church of Scientology denies that this ever happened." Over and over and over. Wright's editor must have gone to sleep making sure they were all included.

Last edited:

betskand

Patron with Honors
Blanky - I totally agree and feel anger too about it. What I have noticed since I got out is that this is stage one. She thinks the church is run by a SP and Hubbard is okay. At least she won't get any worse - redoing the Bridge, training, purif and 500 hours of OBJ not to mention being subjected to more crush regging because she is now looked at *the OT's* from COB's viewpoint as RESPONSIBLE to get people in etc.

She appears to be a kind, loving and good person. It is amazing that until the cult "HITS HOME" by forcing disconnection on her - she most likely participated in some cringe-worthy activities like disconnecting from friends who supported Debbie Cook and got declared. Scientology uses trauma and mind control to convince people to do things they otherwise would not. She was under it for a very long time. I was not - so it was easier for me to LOOK AT EVERYTHING immediately upon receiving Debbie Cook's e-mail. But for some - it takes longer.

I suspect (most people newly out like are her) she will begin to look more. She will be stuck in this trauma with no relief. I watched Marty and Mike do it on their blogs. They went from "no entheta about Ron" on our Blogs a few years ago - to now allowing people to post everything about Ron and the Cult. She reads these blogs so it will crack the last remaining bubble protecting her from the truth very soon!

The postings all over the internet are available to anyone who wants to know.

Even with "loving Ron" - life will be rough and still not make sense to her - the "tech" always has excuses as to why Scientology does not work.

She is OT 8 - how come she can't get at cause over this and permeate her daughters beingness and glow her out? It is such a mind fuck!

This family has delivered a very hard blow to the Cult with her announcement of what Scientology has done to her family. She may not stop and continue to talk to the media - which is HUGE!

I would bet money on it that she will probably go to the Independent Field for a while and try it there - but she won't get relief. It doesn't work and was put together by a crazy, psycho and pill popping nut! Sure - parts of it work but so does Heroin. Feels good for a bit but then there is that nasty hangover and addiction which leads one spiraling down!

Only until one fully inspects the entire subject of Scientology with no restraint and puts their "critical thinking" hat back on (they removed it without knowing but they still have access to it) will there be lasting relief.

PTSD is common after leaving a cult of this magnitude and it is crippling. There are tons of things one can do to get themselves help and relief. I can't believe all that is out there available for free and I have found very effective tools to use. I am so grateful to THE PSYCHS for some of the information they provide on the subject, including some medications and therapies. I am grateful to all the holistic approaches out there available to help.

I am so happy another Scientologist has at least woken up enough to LOOK at the internet and reach stage one! It typically has to hit home in their own camp before they LOOK. That is disgusting but we need to forgive them and welcome them out. We too did shit we cringe about today...some more than others - but that can depend on the level of "trap" they were in with Scientology. I was lucky and had no traps! Some people get trapped with family in, signed staff contracts, witholding spiritual freedom trap, being declared an SP trap, money on account trap, the guilt trip Gang Banging Sec Check mind fuck trap convincing them it is their fault!

I am angry that this cult is allowed to be in "business" even one more day. I will do everything I can to help people get out. Some will choose to stay ignorant and believe Hubbard was a saint until the day they die. Oh well, it is their life, their mind, their spirit and their pain they will carry with them forever! As long as they stay deluded with HubTubbs - IMHO - they will never be free!

We know from so many books and interviews -- Jon Atack's book springs to mind -- that most members got in and got their children in because they were idealistic and wanted to help a world in which suffering and cruelty are all too common. The occasional David Miscaviges, the psychopathic narcissists, are undoubtedly a small minority, but they control things and use the brainwashing techniques as Elron laid them out...to perfection.

Over and over we see that kind people like Mrs. Goldberg are misused horribly, and made to suffer for what were always good intentions.