What's new

About 1,200 people die each year because of this dope’s misreading of the Bible

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

About 1,200 people die each year because of this dope’s misreading of the Bible

This is Nathan Homer Knorr. He was born in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania in 1905, and by the age of 18 he was so dedicated to his faith he was volunteering at the Watch Tower headquarters of the Jehovah’s Witnesses in Brooklyn, New York.

He never went to college. He never got any medical education.

Instead, Knorr [...]

Nathan_Knorr2-e1552126711452.jpg

This is Nathan Homer[.......]

Continue reading...

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I noticed recently that Tony Ortega has expanded his site. The navigation menu at the top includes Scientology, Jehovah's Witnesses, and NXIVM, each with roughly "equal billing."

This is the Ex-Scientology Message Board, not the Ex-Cult MB. Should these other two cults get "equal billing" here too, with all of Tony's articles RSS-fed here? I can see points for and against. Has this been discussed already?

Paul

freethinker

Sponsor
I noticed recently that Tony Ortega has expanded his site. The navigation menu at the top includes Scientology, Jehovah's Witnesses, and NXIVM, each with roughly "equal billing."

This is the Ex-Scientology Message Board, not the Ex-Cult MB. Should these other two cults get "equal billing" here too, with all of Tony's articles RSS-fed here? I can see points for and against. Has this been discussed already?

Paul
There is a category Cults in General so it seems like it has been considered.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
There is a category Cults in General so it seems like it has been considered.
But this isn't a poster seeing an article he finds interesting, posting a link/quote and his own comment. This is an auto-feed (RSS) that automatically feeds every article on that site into a new thread here.

Does someone at ESMB have the total number of threads as a stat? (Joke, I think).

Paul

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Paul

I believe that Scientology should retain "top billing", because 71% of the world is covered by water.

And Scientology is the only planet saving cult that has the technology of chain lockers, overboarding & nautical costumes.

freethinker

Sponsor
But this isn't a poster seeing an article he finds interesting, posting a link/quote and his own comment. This is an auto-feed (RSS) that automatically feeds every article on that site into a new thread here.

Does someone at ESMB have the total number of threads as a stat? (Joke, I think).

Paul
I didn't spot that. This is the way society is going. We used to have Comm I/C doing that but he has been replaced with technology.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
I'm happy with allowing it, as it shows everyone the similarities in the way most cults operate. I have no problem with us being Will Robinson's robot (Lost in Space TV series) if it serves in keeping people out or getting them out of cults and back into the land of the living again.

Scientology has always been a public menace, but its threat is dying slowly and it will soon enough become irrelevant. Others are rising in its place, such as the anti-vaxxer movement, third wave feminism, et al. A broader knowledge and information base is what would help to combat the modern thinking (or non thinking) cults.

As the old saying goes: The more things change, the more they remain the same.