What's new

Abuse at Travel Lodge in LA?

byte301

Crusader
This was posted on wwp. I have never heard anything about this before. What do you guys think?

Open Discussion Re Possible Abuse at Travelodge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is going to be tl;dr, but try to get through it. New information to all Anonymous - cells might be looking for project and this has potential for massive impact on Sci. Not an attempt to Personal Army - this is an opportunity for open discussion among Anons to get some srs shit done and fuck the cult. You will have questions, but these are all the details I can provide at this time. And you may find the wording a bit annoying, but there’s a reason for it.

See this?

Travelodge | Hollywood California Hotel | Hollywood, CA 90027 | Near Los Angeles Children's Hospital across the street, Church of Scientology - 1 block & Hollywood Presbyterian - Queen of Angles Hospital, 1 block!

This is not CoS-owned, but rumor has it that this is the place where the "Athena Cramming" (google it) people stay and it may be a punishment and re-education camp for all regular (non-Sea Org) staff coming into Big Blue. Seems many people have been held captive here complete with guards/handlers. Scientology and this particular Travelodge would probably do their business privately. For example, an account could be set up with the CLO Finance Office (this is a Sea Org "Network" that has staff in every org that controls all the money in Scientology) and the motel would get checks from them directly as per a pre-established billing cycle. Apparently, Travelodge staff and management see what happens to/with the scilons, but nothing is reported and all incidents are ignored. Visiting students may stay here as well because as per rules, sometimes they are not allowed to be "on-base." More on that in a minute.

Apparently, the conditions are de-humanizing. The motel itself is standard fare; however, it's the manner in which staff members are seemingly handled that is the problem. Though the handlers are not armed, those that are there "under watch" are closely guarded 24/7 and not able to accept/make phone calls without being listened in on, move freely on their own, or use the washroom with the door closed. Even when handlers use the washroom the door stays open - zero privacy at all times. As for any sexual activity, there is little chance of that happening. The scilon being watched is supposedly undergoing intense psychological pressure - were they to be assaulted sexually, it would come out during auditing/ethics and the handler would be in deep shit.

The intention (or mission) of this treatment would be to brainwash under duress and enforce re-indoctrination then send the person back to their Org rehabilitated. Allegedly, non-Sea Org members are kept in the Travelodge at night and during the day held in the basement of the CLO in the Ethics room. Duration of this captivity could range from a few weeks to months and perhaps years. It may also be repeated as many times as necessary depending on how poorly a staff member or Org itself is doing. The key people of each Org would be the ones being held (top execs) and they could be subject to re-indoctrination multiple times every year. Almost all are probably staying at this very Travelodge each time they come to Big Blue. Apparently, the majority are well-trained and can walk over and report in by themselves, but some may need to be left under constant guard.

Visiting students and other non-Sea Org stay at this Travelodge for training and course attendance, but they are probably not handled the same way and would be oblivious to what may be happening to their peers. Most of these people stay in the nearby Sci-owned apt complexes, but there are usually a few at this Travelodge as well. They are a good target for Anon because if ANY protestors show up, they are not allowed to leave their apts, the training facility or the motel until Anon leaves - complete lock-down. Anonymous protestors have already done this many times without even knowing it ;)

If protestors manage to catch them when they're outside walking to/from AO/ASHO/CLO/CTO (Continental Training Org), signs and chants stating OT information would be best for max enturbulation and lulz (see OT VII Wikileaks dox /BODY THETANS, as this will all but eliminate available handlers and massively reduce any scilons available to respond to protesters). PRIME TARGET for fliers as well because they're not under as much control as Sea Org. Fliers may assist with deprogramming these unstable staff and act as a warning for students. Just remember, the majority of scilons at the Lodge are there probably because the Sea Org is pissed at them for some reason (like stats are crashed or non-compliant with Sea Org demands) and has ordered them to L.A. for re-indoctrination – often the re-indoctrination is just for doing something all on their own and Sea Org needs to re-brainwash.

This particular Travelodge is similar to the Fort Harrison in Clearwater and I'm not talking about the structure itself. People have supposedly gone crazy here. In one ostensible 1999 incident, a staff member was hysterical/ill-looking in the lobby. Two guards were present. Front desk staff did not ask questions - just gave the keys to the handlers and went about their business. The staff member had to walk past the same desk personnel morning and night for weeks under guard and none of them helped or called police.

In another incident, an ex-scilon was anecdotally told by a Sea Org member that a "Type III" (someone in the mental condition of Lisa McPherson) was being held in one of the Travelodge rooms being "babysat".

I know one of the first questions that will come to your mind is, so why HAVEN'T the police been notified? I can only say look at some of the history of the LAPD in relation to Scientology. Also, there is a great risk for people-in-the-know losing their friends and family, their homes and jobs. And too, it could be that the Travelodge may get a huge portion of their off-tourist season business from this, so they're not interested in looking into abuses and what goes on there at all. All of the above information was obtained recently and coalesced only just yesterday. We're hitting the ground running with this one.

CalAnons: within a two-block radius of LRH Way there are approximately 4-5 Sci-owned apt complexes and 2-3 right on LRH Way itself to the East side.

Red dots/characters on map indicate all Scientology owned buildings/apts on or around LRH Way. Travelodge is also marked. Use this as reference if you need it.

To effectively spread this new inforamtion, fliers could be created for the public, visiting Scientology students, and non-Sea Org staff and passed out at raids. For Sea Org members/staff, signs on poles (that they will see daily) can say simple things like "Are you currently being held captive?" "Are you trying to escape staff?" and they can be subtle or eye-catching. Should you decide to picket this Travelodge location or follow scilons and their guards to/from, make your shout-outs relevant. Media can be alerted if you like. Vidfags can use youtube to help as well - your skillz are needed - do eet.

FOR ALL OTHER ANONS WORLDWIDE: it is possible this same thing is happening everywhere there is an Org or training facility with Sea Org/staff being kept under watch. Unfortunately, no info on overseas Orgs is available. This operation would be up to individual Anonymous cells. Sea Org and their handlers would have to be tracked from the Org to nearby motels (local or chain) or apts. In some cells, this route has already been determined and you can use that knowledge to raid with.

Please understand that one of the main reasons this, and other nearby lodging is used by the Sea Org, is that the close proximity to Big Blue enables them to control/cripple the mobility of the person being indoctrinated. In other words, no one needs a car to get to and from the base, as they can walk, so they also do not have cars to escape. If they are forced out of this local motel (or similar lodging worldwide), the people being re-indoctrinated may have to bring/rent cars – better chance of escaping if they had a vehicle.

If Anons decide to undertake this task, make no mistake, OSA is going to be all over us. You can imagine what a blow this would be to the cult not to mention this Travelodge location (maybe the chain would be affected too – who knows?). This is why I am presenting this to you as an open topic in General Discussion - it needs to be gone over thoroughly before being implemented in any way, shape or form. Each cell and each individual in the cell has to decide for themselves whether this has potential or if it's simply too dangerous. Recommend you take this op to your cell forums and nings and discuss it there amongst yourselves too.

Anonymous, the floor is open..

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
This was posted on wwp. I have never heard anything about this before. What do you guys think?

I've stayed twice in that Travelodge. The first time in 1996 the first two nights I was out of the SO - it was sheer bliss! A whole room all to myself; big bed; TV; private shower. Just a normal motel. Anyway....

There is a narrow alleyway between the back of the CLO building and Vermont that passes alongside Wendy's, if Wendy's is still there, right next to the Travelodge, that would be ideal if they have to move people to and fro on the street under guard. Understand there are different scales of being "under guard" - when I was under guard 24/7 I sometimes had to hang around until the guard showed up. I was willingly playing the under-guard game, in that if I had wanted to walk off I would have done so. Someone under babywatch would not be left alone, however.

Could it be happening like is stated? Maybe. Station someone in Wendy's (if it's still there) and see who exits the Travelodge and uses the alley at 8:55 a.m. or whatever time CLO starts in the morning.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks, Paul. It sounded a little tin foilly to me, but you can't put anything past em.:)

Yeah, but it's not too out-there. They do have people under guard to different degrees. They do pull people to the local CLO from outer orgs "for handling", sometimes ethics trips and sec checks, and sometimes nothing much sensible happens there at all. (Sensible in the sense of doing a written ethics program or getting a sec check, not sensible in an absolute sense!). If some Class V org staff member wants to route off staff - and is still enough of a churchie not to just blow - then I can see him ending up at the CLO in some cases, especially if he is considered valuable. Note he might not have been considered valuable until he wants to leave. :)

Paul

dt2000

Patron with Honors
When I "attempted suicide" to get out of the SO fast I was offloaded the following day and then told that I needed to get a room at the travel lodge so that I could complete my "leaving" steps.

Specifically, I had a fellow RPFer stay the night with me at the travel lodge. I could go to the bathroom with the door closed or make phone calls though (although she was in the room, I didn't really care though).

I received an auditing session there and then one metered ethics interview before leaving. The fellow RPFer stayed with me until my dad arrived who then drove me home from LA. I

The report is a bit exaggerated but nonetheless has some truths in it.

byte301

Crusader
It's just amazing to me that with all the space they have they risk doing things like this in "wog" hotels. Maybe they want to keep it from staff or something at PAC.

If you started screaming your head off at a Travellodge I'm sure the cops would be called. If you did it on scilon property it'd be a whole different story.

They are so freakin weird.

dt2000

Patron with Honors
Well, I know with me specifically, it was a "stat push". Getting me off the base before Thursday at 2pm. Literally. It is a Security stat to have a "Security threat handled". Anyone who wants to leave, makes a big scene, blows, etc. is considered a "threat" and stays on the stat of Security Threats found until they are "handled". Generally offloaded or back on a post and no longer a "threat".

Nothing like being treated like a "stat" right?

byte301

Crusader
Well, I know with me specifically, it was a "stat push". Getting me off the base before Thursday at 2pm. Literally. It is a Security stat to have a "Security threat handled". Anyone who wants to leave, makes a big scene, blows, etc. is considered a "threat" and stays on the stat of Security Threats found until they are "handled". Generally offloaded or back on a post and no longer a "threat".

Nothing like being treated like a "stat" right?

Yeah, that makes sense, dt2000. I think we were all just stats to them one way or another.

I'm just glad I caused them a few downstats while I was in.:D I hope to cause them even more in the future.:yes:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
They use motels like this when they dont want to be connected to any bad thing happening, like McPherson.

So anyone who attempted suicide would not be allowed back on base. They would be taken off the base for whatever handlings were to be done. Then they would be let go. They would not be allowed back onto any Sea Org base.

It's mostly to prevent "It happened on Scientology property" type articles, from what I can tell.