What's new

Actress Leah Remini quits Scientology after years of 'interrogations' -- NY Post

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
NY Post reports

“King of Queens” star Leah Remini is making a dramatic break from the Church of Scientology, a source said, after being subjected to years of “interrogations” and “thought modification” for questioning leader David Miscavige’s rule.

The source tells us Remini is quitting because of policies that don’t allow parishioners to question Miscavige’s management or the reported abuse of members of its Sea Org religious order — and for forcing followers to “disconnect” from family members branded as “suppressive persons” if they choose to leave the church.

“It all began when Leah questioned the validity of excommunication of people,” a source said of her decision. “She is stepping back from a regime she thinks is corrupt. She thinks no religion should tear apart a family or abuse someone under the umbrella of ‘religion.’ ”

Former Sea Org member Mike Rinder blogged this week that at Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes’ 2006 wedding, Remini innocently asked where Miscavige’s wife, Shelly, was. Former Scientology Celebrity Centre head Tommy Davis scolded her, “You don’t have the [bleeping] rank to ask about Shelly.” Mrs. Miscavige reportedly hasn’t been seen in public since 2007.

As a result, Remini “was put through interrogations and blacklisted within the church that she donated millions to and that her family has spent their lives in. She was put through ‘thought modification’ for five years,” our source said.

The source added that church friends Remini had for “25 to 30 years wrote internal reports” about her that “caused an investigation on her family.”

Someone close to Remini said she’s weighing going public “when she sees what the church tries to do. She has heard they use people to scare you into silence.”

The source added, “She’s from Brooklyn. The church can’t hurt her . . . they don’t have her family, that’s all that matters to her.” And, “It’s not about wanting or not wanting to do Scientology . . . The issue is that [Miscavige] is taking down this church and hurting people and families.”

A Scientology rep denied all allegations.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Other articles

International Business Times: King of Queens Actress Leah Remini Quits Scientology over Forced Thought Modification

HollywoodReporter.com: Leah Remini Leaves Scientology After Questioning David Miscavige's Leadership

Leah Remini is leaving Scientology after questioning its treatment of church members and the controversial, allegedly autocratic leadership of David Miscavige, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.

Remini, who starred on the CBS sitcom King of Queens and, more recently, ABC's short-lived Family Tools, has quit following years of scrutiny in which she was alleged to have repeatedly been interrogated and forced to undergo "thought modification."

PHOTOS: Katie, Nicole and Now Leah: 7 Stars Who Quit Scientology

Looks like the Celebs are starting to head for the doors.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
This is her "statement" to People magazine. Could be about anything----she seems like she's waiting to see what happens. (?)

"I wish to share my sincere and heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming positive response I have received from the media, my colleagues, and from fans around the world. I am truly grateful and thankful for all your support," she says in a statement to PEOPLE.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/79494677.html#ixzz2Yn76DKE4

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
UPDATED: In a statement to THR, the "King of Queens" actress shares her "heartfelt appreciation" for "the overwhelming positive response" she has received since her exit.

Leah Remini Leaves Scientology After Questioning David Miscavige's Leadership
10:14 AM PDT 7/11/2013 by Erin Carlson

"I wish to share my sincere and heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming positive response I have received from the media, my colleagues, and fans from around the world. I am truly grateful and thankful for all your support," the actress said in a statement released to THR.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leah-remini-leaves-scientology-questioning-583860

So I guess this means she's stuck in an electronic incident and when she dies, she will die alone, in pain, and in the dark.

Or for all you lurkers out there who are not fluent in cult-ease,

The English translation;

She left the batshit crazy cult.

freethinker

Sponsor
I think a lot more Scientologists shoulld question Dave.

Even better would be to have him holding the cans surrounded by angry Scientologists.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
UPDATED: In a statement to THR, the "King of Queens" actress shares her "heartfelt appreciation" for "the overwhelming positive response" she has received since her exit.

Leah Remini Leaves Scientology After Questioning David Miscavige's Leadership
10:14 AM PDT 7/11/2013 by Erin Carlson

"I wish to share my sincere and heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming positive response I have received from the media, my colleagues, and fans from around the world. I am truly grateful and thankful for all your support," the actress said in a statement released to THR.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leah-remini-leaves-scientology-questioning-583860

Now that's what I call real "integrity", not the fake, self-congratulatory meaning that Scientology "celebrities" write glowing success stories about themselves with.

There are, in fact, only a very tiny number of cult celebrities that ever had the so called "confront" and "responsibility" and "cause" that all those OT impostors like to brag about.

CONGRATULATIONS LEAH, YOU ROCK BABY!

Just out of curiosity, what other Scn celebs had the guts to say what they are really thinking?

Not many. . .

JASON BEGHE, YOU ROCK MAN!

PAUL HAGGIS, YOU ROCK MAN!

Wait, is that it?!!! Am I forgetting some wonderful people? Help me, I don't want to leave any supremely cool people out of this celebration.

Really, in 63 years, only 3 Scn celebs went vocal-viral?

And quietly fading to the sidelines doesn't cut it. Sorry, Lisa Marie Presley, we're waitin' for ya, girl, to show the terror cult what you're really made of. Say somethin' baby, say somethin'.

Oh yeah, here's a couple more that made the special HONORABLE MENTION list. . .

NICOLE KIDMAN, YOU ROCK!

KATIE HOLMES, YOU ROCK!

Last edited:
NY Post reports

“King of Queens” star Leah Remini is making a dramatic break from the Church of Scientology, a source said, after being subjected to years of “interrogations” and “thought modification” for questioning leader David Miscavige’s rule.

The source tells us Remini is quitting because of policies that don’t allow parishioners to question Miscavige’s management or the reported abuse of members of its Sea Org religious order — and for forcing followers to “disconnect” from family members branded as “suppressive persons” if they choose to leave the church.

“It all began when Leah questioned the validity of excommunication of people,” a source said of her decision. “She is stepping back from a regime she thinks is corrupt. She thinks no religion should tear apart a family or abuse someone under the umbrella of ‘religion.’ ”

Former Sea Org member Mike Rinder blogged this week that at Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes’ 2006 wedding, Remini innocently asked where Miscavige’s wife, Shelly, was. Former Scientology Celebrity Centre head Tommy Davis scolded her, “You don’t have the [bleeping] rank to ask about Shelly.” Mrs. Miscavige reportedly hasn’t been seen in public since 2007.

As a result, Remini “was put through interrogations and blacklisted within the church that she donated millions to and that her family has spent their lives in. She was put through ‘thought modification’ for five years,” our source said.

The source added that church friends Remini had for “25 to 30 years wrote internal reports” about her that “caused an investigation on her family.”

Someone close to Remini said she’s weighing going public “when she sees what the church tries to do. She has heard they use people to scare you into silence.”

The source added, “She’s from Brooklyn. The church can’t hurt her . . . they don’t have her family, that’s all that matters to her.” And, “It’s not about wanting or not wanting to do Scientology . . . The issue is that [Miscavige] is taking down this church and hurting people and families.”

A Scientology rep denied all allegations.

Congrats to Leah, why be abused for the rest of your life in the Church.

Another win for the Free People movement

Now that's what I call real "integrity", not the fake, self-congratulatory meaning that Scientology "celebrities" write glowing success stories about themselves with.

There are, in fact, only a very tiny number of cult celebrities that ever had the so called "confront" and "responsibility" and "cause" that all those OT impostors like to brag about.

CONGRATULATIONS LEAH, YOU ROCK BABY!

Just out of curiosity, what other Scn celebs had the guts to say what they are really thinking?

Not many. . .

JASON BEGHE, YOU ROCK MAN!

PAUL HAGGIS, YOU ROCK MAN!

Wait, is that it?!!! Am I forgetting some wonderful people? Help me, I don't want to leave any supremely cool people out of this celebration.

Really, in 63 years, only 3 Scn celebs went vocal-viral?

And quietly fading to the sidelines doesn't cut it. Sorry, Lisa Marie Presley, we're waitin' for ya, girl, to show the terror cult what you're really made of. Say somethin' baby, say somethin'.

Oh yeah, here's a couple more that made the special HONORABLE MENTION list. . .

NICOLE KIDMAN, YOU ROCK!

KATIE HOLMES, YOU ROCK!

If Nicole rocks she rocks with her mouth shut doesn't she? ....she always looks like the cult has stitched her lips together.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Tony Ortega: Mike Rinder: Is the Leah Remini Anonymous Smear Website Coming Soon?

Former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder makes a great point on his website this afternoon: Now that news we broke Monday of Leah Remini leaving the Church of Scientology has spread like wildfire thanks to this morning’s front-page New York Post rewrite, will the church follow its usual playbook and launch an anonymous attack website to smear the King of Queens actress?

What Rinder is referring to is Scientology’s predictable use of leering, salacious but anonymous websites that attempt to smear the reputation of former members who dare to speak out, or journalists who dare to ask impertinent questions. Previously, we wrote a lengthy story about one smear site in particular, which targeted former Scientology executive Marty Rathbun (pictured, at right).

Thanks to a flub by Scientology spokeswoman Karin Pouw, we showed that there was little question that the church was behind that particularly nasty site.

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron
The CC Int President’s Office has been in almost nonstop damage control since at least Tuesday, when Greg LaClaire (one of the main PR reps to the media) started getting swamped by phone calls & getting stopped by Scilons in the halls asking what the fuck is going on. We haven’t seen him around in a couple days, so he’s probably been stuck behind his desk. We’ve overheard the chaplain, Alexis Meyersfield, shamelessly lying to publics asking about the situation with Remini, telling them that everything is fine between the Church & Remini, and that the media are grasping at straws & desperate for a new angle.
Yeah, well, the media are always desperate for a new angle, but that doesn’t really answer their questions now, does it? After all, if Scientology is so perfect and David Miscavige such a great, compassionate, wonderful, generous human being, “the leader of leaders,” then how could it be possible that all these high level officials & notables have been leaving the cult one after another just about every year since the early 2000s? Meyersfield has no real answers to such questions. Honestly, in all these years, we’ve never quite understood what exactly the post of “chaplain” (really just a low level PR post) actually accomplishes other than pissing off & frustrating already pissed off & frustrated Scilons even more than they already are, and convincing those Scilons who were were wavering in their commitment to Scientology to start demanding refunds/repayments. Meyersfield has had the good fortune & easy comfort of being in this post for years now — with the number of publics demanding their money back just this week, maybe her luck in this area is beginning to run out.
That Scilon publics at CC Int are actually going out of their way to ask these kinds of questions is very unusual — we haven’t seen or heard this level of questioning in years. The last time when Scilon publics really started aggravating CC Int like this was when the Int execs all suddenly disappeared from events & publications. The mood at Int events became weird & stark when it became obvious that Scientology management basically consisted of one man: David Miscavige. For years all these Kool Aid drinkers thought there were checks & balances, that Miscarriage was just one executive out of many, and that he had no part in the day-to-day operations of the Church. For some years now the cult doesn’t even seem to bother trying to hide the fact that Miscarriage is indeed the sole power & that Scientology management is essentially a one-man show. Kind of like the Wizard of Oz, right? Except the Wizard of Oz wasn’t an insane, narcissistic, psychopathic, sadistic megalomaniacal pervert.

More: http://scientologycelebrity.wordpress.com

RogerB

Crusader
CBS Radio did a piece on this this morning (in NYC at least) . . . first time I've heard radio singing the song of the cult going down!! :happydance:

Rog