Addressing Christianity

klidov

Silver Meritorious Patron
I just want to share a few thoughts about what a Christian "is", and "is not". These opinions are my own, and I do not speak for any organization, nor do I represent any religious belief.

THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN

Now, here's what I would like to say.

I have been a member of many Christian Churches. (And even the Roman Catholic Church, at one point.) I have never been asked to leave a Church, nor have I ever been excommunicated.

Each church I left on my own, because I felt I was getting a "part" of the truth, but my spiritual/intellectual needs were not being met.

I do hold Ministry Credentials (in the Universal Unitarian Church aka Unity Church). And I am working on my Doctorate in Divinity. It is only fair that I tell you this before I offer my own thoughts on what Christianity really is...

The Jesus of the Bible was a great Rabbi (teacher). I deeply respect Him, because even if we only go by Biblical accounts, he lived what he taught. He was kind, compassionate, caring, and he associated with all people.

He had little patience for legalism, or religious ism. All were welcomed into his presence. And, yes, he was a Son of God. God (or Goddess) have/has many Sons & Daughters.

After my Mom died, 5 years later, my Dad married a Woman from his home town in West Virginia. She was the Pastor of a Church she founded. Like Jesus, she lived what she taught. Their congregation consisted of people near the Appalachians, and was/is very poor.

Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, I know Dad & Malina dipped into their own pensions to buy food for gift baskets for their members. But they never complained about doing so. Their phone could ring all hours of the day & night, with someone needing help. They answered those calls without any complaint.

Malina died last year from a stroke. I loved her very much, and she was a very kind Woman. To me, she defined what a Christian is.

She knew I was a Pagan/Wiccan/Witch. But she never gave me grief over it She simply prayed for me, and offered all of her love.

I have a neighbor who is in her late 70's. She & her Husband, go to stores, and use their pensions to buy food. She makes sandwiches, and soup, and goes down every day, no matter what the weather, to feed the homeless in Clearwater. No matter how she feels, she does this. She is not paid to do this, and I know she sometimes has to "beg" stores to give her things for the homeless. But she is truly humble. She gets very embarrassed when someone points out how kind she is.

My own Children are all Christians. I raised them to be Christians, and now as Adults, they follow the Christian faith.

My youngest, my only Son, will be going to a Christian Collage, and wants to become a Youth Pastor.

The Benny Hinns, and Televangelists who live lavish lifestyles, they no more represent "true" Christianity, than the jackasses that bomb abortion clinics.

(Or the maggots who fly planes into buildings represent Islam).

Anyway-after reading the Jesus Makes Me Want To Puke-post, I wanted to reply.

In all of our lives, we will find our own "truths". Our own "paths". I do not allow the actions of a few, taint my views of one entire group.

Anyway, thus endeth my sermon for today.

Consider this my reply to the "Jesus makes me want to puke" post.....

Brightest Blessings,

K

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Blessings right back atcha, Klidov!

I just want to share a few thoughts about what a Christian "is", and "is not". These opinions are my own, and I do not speak for any organization, nor do I represent any religious belief.

...deleted for brevity..

In all of our lives, we will find our own "truths". Our own "paths". I do not allow the actions of a few, taint my views of one entire group.

...deleted for brevity...

Brightest Blessings,

K

Works for me K - (full text too, btw). Thank you for being there and communicating and doing. :clap:

Love,

Roy

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, I have no problem with people being meek and helping each other. I just don't need the bible to tell me to do it, and I don't need "God" to authorize what is good and what is not. I consider religion to be dogma, and don't think it serves any good purpose at all. However, people are free to follow whatever Flying Spaghetti Monster they want.

Very well said klidov, very well said. :thumbsup:

I can't recall a single time that Jesus condemned, or spoke ill of a non believer... It seems to me that all his rants were against the "Religious" folk. :grouch: Actually, when it came to complements, I can recall two instances where they were given to "non-religious" folk... :whistling:

Thanks for sharing!

uncle sam

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have seen....

and observed Christians who practice what they preach. It is a truly wonderful thing to behold-people helping and sharing their love of life with those who don't have anything. I have seen scientologists practice what they preach and it isn't pretty- they are motivated out of fear and in need to reach the next level. Thank you Christians--boo hoo to scientologists!