What's new

ADVANCE MAGAZINE ANZO [Australia, New Zealand and Oceania]: COMPLETIONS

Feral

Rogue male
I'd like to see an "Advance" from the last few years since the Anons started protesting.

From that date their was a new rash of defections that would surely show in the completion numbers, however bolstered they are from Dave's bogus "Basic completions"

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
I'd like to see an "Advance" from the last few years since the Anons started protesting.

From that date their was a new rash of defections that would surely show in the completion numbers, however bolstered they are from Dave's bogus "Basic completions"

Yes recent mags would be great and a worthy project. I agree when stats are down they tend to fill the pages with Div 6 type courses. When did a AO start delivering Div 6 courses? -- Obvious stat push for comps when they don't have them.

The information would be great, not just for us to see, but to promote to those still in what the stats actually look like over the long term. You never know what's going to break the wall of indoctrination. I'm thinking hard core stats might crack a few and it's one of the reasons I do this project.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yes recent mags would be great and a worthy project. I agree when stats are down they tend to fill the pages with Div 6 type courses. When did a AO start delivering Div 6 courses? -- Obvious stat push for comps when they don't have them.

The information would be great, not just for us to see, but to promote to those still in what the stats actually look like over the long term. You never know what's going to break the wall of indoctrination. I'm thinking hard core stats might crack a few and it's one of the reasons I do this project.

http://www.filestube.com/look_for.html?q=scientology&select=zip will show a whole bunch of uploaded Scn mags. Maybe you uploaded them all yourself, but it might be worth a look if you haven't already done so.

Paul

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Shit! I'm still not listed in HORTON! :duh:

I finished my metering course around 1998 at AOSH ANZO but you mustn't have that mag.

A LOT of these completions are folks who have left. Panda & Scooter will be able to give more analysis.

Thanks for posting these! :thumbsup:
What can I say? Yes, a lot have now left and many (too many) have died.

The time-frame includes the second peak of AOSH ANZO's production, the Saint Hill Size Org period. The first peak was back in the mid-80s when the AO first opened and they were handling the huge backlog of ANZO-ites just dying to go OT (pun intended).

So many good people, so much waste. :ohmy:

I have a resource for current Mags, I'll round 'em up and post 'em off.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
I have a resource for current Mags, I'll round 'em up and post 'em off.

i_came.jpg

Thank you darlin'

Hugs

Pooks

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Advance ANZO 200 [ circa June 2011 ]

Some notes about this completions list

Of the 142 individuals in this list, 44 have non-asian names.

I'm going to guess that in areas where this is little to no critical information
on Scientology (Asian countries), then Scn is able to recruit without much
problem.

The other thing to note is that Advance Mag is supposed to report the stats of
the Advanced Org in Grebe, Australia. Advanced Orgs are supposed to deliver "The
Bridge" from Clear to OT V.

The list below has the AO (Advanced Org) delivering Div 6 (Cheap basic courses)
and services that are normally delivered at a Class V org, like Melbourne, or Sydney.
The fact that an AO is delivering all these lower level services is a break from
"standard admin tech" and LRH policy. Not that I give a shit but it's just
evidence to the people inside that the "teK" is being altered. And that's a big
issue to most Scios.

Another thing to note is that this is Advance ANZO Issue 200 circa June 2011. I
don't have any idea if June is the right month. This will have to be corrected
once I get missing mags.

The last one I have before this Is Advance ANZO Issue 185 Oct 2007
So if we average it out, in the past 44 months they have produced 15 mags or one
every 3 months or so.

Scientology Service Completions - Advance ANZO 200 [circa June 2011 ]

TAS : Scientology Statistics : Advance ANZO : Advance ANZO 200

Advance ANZO 200 [ circa June 2011 ]

Quick Stats:
225 completions
142 individuals
68 different services

TRS AND OBJECTIVES [ 4 ]

Karen Chu
Jude Harrod
Joe (Che-Liang) Chu
Ling-Ling Chen

ARC STRAIGHTWIRE [ 1 ]

Wen Lin

HAPPINESS RUNDOWN [ 2 ]

Angela Johnston
Emi Hamada

GRADE 0 EXPANDED [ 1 ]

Emily Liu

GRADE I EXPANDED [ 2 ]

Adam Clarke
Ling-Ling Chen

GRADE II EXPANDED [ 1 ]

Jen Chou

GRADE IV EXPANDED [ 1 ]

Emi Hamada

NEW ERA DIANETICS CASE COMPLETION [ 3 ]

Infinity Huang
Jude Harrod
Nathalie Fu

SOLO AUDITOR COURSE PART I [ 2 ]

Kazuyo Ikeda
Frank (Yu-Che) Huang

GRADE V POWER RELEASE [ 3 ]

Nathalie Fu
Jude Harrod
Peter Mulder

GRADE VA POWER PLUS RELEASE [ 3 ]

Jude Harrod
Nathalie Fu
Peter Mulder

OT PREPARATIONS [ 2 ]

Kazuyo Ikeda
Mandy (Yi-Shan) Chen

SOLO AUDITOR COURSE PART II [ 5 ]

Frank (Yu-Che) Huang
Judy Chuang
Gerry Canale
Tracey Hafen
Daver Grainger

OT ELIGIBILITY [ 4 ]

Gerry Canale
Tracey Hafen
Reiko Yamada
Tindy Lu

CLEAR [ 6 ]

Masao Sawai
Matthew Waite
Sane (Chia-Hsien) Cho
Emi Hamada
Grainne Gartlan
Smile (Su-Mei) Lee

SUNSHINE RUNDOWN [ 6 ]

Masao Sawai
Matthew Waite
Sane (Chia-Hsien) Cho
Emi Hamada
Grainne Gartlan
Smile (Su-Mei) Lee

NEW OT I [ 8 ]

Grainne Gartlan
Tindy Lu
Tracey Hafen
Reiko Yamada
Wendy Wu
Antony (Shuo-Cin) Wu
Keita Toyoda
Jagdeep Kaur

OT II [ 4 ]

Jagdeep Kaur
Peter Lin
Mei-Hsien Tsai
Hsiu-Tu Tsao

OT III [ 4 ]

Mei-Hsien Tsai
Hsiu-Tu Tsao
Tony Chung
Michael Nicholson

NEW OT IV OT DRUG RUNDOWN [ 4 ]

Hsiu-Tu Tsao
Tony Chung
Truls Foshaug
Nick Howarth

NEW OT V AUDITED NOTS [ 5 ]

Jann Horvatic
Steve Franklin
Jacinta (Fei-Mao) Tseng
Kenji Harima
Sarah Fang

ALLERGY OR ASTHMA RUNDOWN [ 1 ]

Nicholas Cooper

SCIENTOLOGY MARRIAGE COUNSELLING [ 2 ]

Alison Auora Tarrant
Daniel Tarrant

TRS AND OBJECTIVES CO-AUDIT COURSE [ 1 ]

Joe (Che-Liang) Chu

METHOD ONE WORD CLEARING [ 2 ]

Hope Fan
Mandy (Yi-Shan) Chen

STUDENT HAT COURSE [ 4 ]

Alex Chang
Mei-Chen Lin
Megumi Hatakeyama
Diane Cooke

HUBBARD PRO TR COURSE [ 4 ]

Jessica (Chun-huei)
Lee Josh (Yu-Ju) Hsieh
Penny (Pei-Jia) Lu
Ming (Jhe-Min) Chen

HUBBARD PRO UPPER INDOC TR COURSE [ 4 ]

Judy Wei
Lily Weng
Ming (Jhe-Min) Chen
Mei-Fan Chen

HUBBARD PRO METERING COURSE [ 2 ]

Isabella Lee
Hubbard Chiang

CLASS 0 AUDITOR [ 2 ]

Karen (Kuei-Lan) Chu
Greene Kuo

CLASS I AUDITOR [ 1 ]

Winnie Cheng

CLASS III AUDITOR [ 1 ]

Arvin Wang

CLASS IV INTERNSHIP [ 2 ]

Olivia Lee
Emily Liu

PROFESSIONAL WORD CLEARER COURSE [ 1 ]

Wen Lin

HUBBARD MINI COURSE SUPERVISOR COURSE [ 1 ]

Penny (Pei-Jia) Lu

PRO SUPERVISOR INTERNSHIP [ 2 ]

Kelly (Yen-Chiu) Chou
Wen Lin

PE COURSE DELIVERY COURSE [ 1 ]

Jacinta Fox

SCIENTOLOGY MINISTER'S COURSE [ 1 ]

Han-Lien Lin

STCC [ 3 ]

Mei-Fan Chen
Bianca (Yun-Jung) Hu
Yvonne (Tsai-Ki) Chen

HQS COURSE [ 5 ]

Peter Mulder
Angel Ko
Summer (His-Hsien) Tan
Janet (Tzu-Yun) Lai
Mei-Fan Chen

HDA COURSE [ 6 ]

Richard Chen
Andrew Kay
Ming (Jhe-Min) Chen
Judy Wei
Troy Burnside
Tinny (Hui-Ting) Chen

DIANETICS: THE EVOLUTION OF A SCIENCE BOOK COURSE [ 3 ]

Andrew Kay
Tinny (Hui-Ting) Chen
Mia (Ling-Yun) Hsu

DMSMH BOOK COURSE [ 4 ]

Chase Atcheson
Sane (Chia-Hsien) Cho
Evan Leee
Mia (Ling-Yun) Hsue

SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL BOOK & LECTURE COURSE [ 1 ]

Damian Nicholl-Caddell

SELF ANALYSIS BOOK COURSE [ 6 ]

Sane (Chia-Hsien} Cho
Trevor Rosenberg
Damian Nicholl-Caddell
Savina (King) Sie
Smile (Su-Mei) Lee
Ling-Ling Chen

APA BOOK & LECTURE COURSE [ 6 ]

Damian Nicholl-Caddell
Keiko Jefford
Eunice Rongo
Claudette Woodley
Gareth Wilde
Arvin Wang

HANDBOOK FOR PRECLEARS BOOK AND LECTURE COURSE [ 4 ]

Eunice Rongo
Gareth Wilde
Mia (Ling-Yun) Hsu
Tinny (Hui-Tine) Chen

ROUTE TO INFINITY COURSE [ 1 ]

Geoffrey Mason White

SCIENTOLOGY 8-8008 BOOK COURSE [ 1 ]

Ling-Ling Chen

THE FACTORS COURSE [ 1 ]

Geoff Olver

CREATION OF HUMAN ABILITY BOOK & LECTRE COURSE [ 1 ]

Peter Mousiol

THE FUNDAMENTALS OF THOUGHT BOOK COURSE [ 3 ]

Sane (Chia-Hsien) Cho
Tara Wilkinson
Mei-Ying Huang

PROBLEMS OF WORK BOOK COURSE [ 3 ]

Bryan (Kuan-Ting) Lin
Tara Wilkinson
Fanny (Hang-Yi) Shang

THE WAY TO HAPPINESS BOOK COURSE [ 4 ]

Kun-Wei Pan
Bryan (Kuan-Ting) Lin
Ming Yi Jhou
Damian Nicholl-Caddell

ORIGINAL THESIS EXTENSION COURSE [ 1 ]

Sharon Hsia

SELF ANALYSIS EXTENSION COURSE [ 1 ]

Steve Stevens

ROUTE TO INFINITY LECTURES EXTENSION COURSE [ 1 ]

Betty Butler

SCIENTOLOGY 8-80 EXTENSION COURSE [ 1 ]

Pam Young

FUNDAMENTAL OF THOUGHT EXTENSION COURSE [ 4 ]

Kathy Zagame
Paul Redmond
David Bennett
Steve Stevens

FREEDOM CONGRESS COURSE [ 1 ]

Heather Mattner

STATE OF MAN CONGRESS COURSE [ 1 ]

Skye Louise Munro

AOHM COURSE [ 1 ]

Mandy (Yi-Shan) Chen

THETA CLEAR CONGRESS COURSE [ 2 ]

Angel Ko
Mandy (Yi-Shan) Chen

CLEAN HANDS CONGRESS COURSE [ 1 ]

Angel Ko

CLEARING SUCCESS CONGRESS COURSE [ 1 ]

Angel Ko

BASIC STUDY MANUAL [ 4 ]

Jerry Sie
Wei-Chen Lo
Chris Chou
Anna (Pei-Yun)

GRAMMAR AND COMMUNICATION COURSE [ 3 ]

Sekwang Ki
Yung-An Tsai
Andrew Kay

SCIENTOLOGY LIFE IMPROVEMENT COURSES [ 48 ]

Savina (Ning) Sie
Kenji Harima
Sandra Huang
Andrew Kay
Liana King
Sekwang Ki
Jerry Sie
Sandra Huang
Joanne (Yung-An) Tsai
Andrew Kay
Anna (Pei-Yun) Chiang
Jennifer Ching
Phoebe (Chin-Li) Hsu
Sandy (Ying-Chen) Hsiao
Rachel (Da-Yu) Hsu
Bianca (Yun-Jung) Hu
Mei-Ying Huang
Yun-Pei Huang
Andrew Kay
Mei-Fan Chen
Sandra Huang
Elisha (Wen-Jing) Wen
Anna (Pei-Yun) Chiang
Helen Dickenson
Jennifer Ching
Josephine Musumeci
Holly Owen
Weicheng (Devin) Wu
Apollo (Li-Cheng) Pu
Rena Aizawa
Ryo Kato
Marria (Neng-Shien) Ma
Yvonne (Tsai-Ni) Chen
Bianca (Yun-Jung) Hu
Daniel Tarrant
Yun-Pei Huang
Penny Yang
Lorraine Liberson
Mary Szental
Anna (Pei-Yun) Chiang
Norman O’Leary
Lydia Benacek
Tracy (Pei-Ru) Tseng
Jennifer Ching
Libby Ducasse
Yvonne (Tsai-Ni) Chen
Bianca (Yun-Jung) Hu
Peggy (Pei-Chun) Huang

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
I wonder how many or the Taiwanese comps in this latest list are also staff? Judy Chuang (if she is who I think she is) is a Class IV auditor/supervisor at Syd org and comped Solo Auditor part II. She is one of the people I miss, she helped me learn my way around more than any of the other Sydney trainees at Flag when I was there.

Jude Harrod is a long time ex SO, she was volunteering at the Leichhardt Mission for a while when they needed a Purif Sup. She has been in for years is only now getting through Objectives and Grades. Jan Horvatic was the Director of Processing when I left and I assume she still holds this post. Kathy Zagame is old OTVII and also helped out at Leichhardt for a while, the cult was constantly bugging her to go to Flag and get onto New OTVII, she is probably only doing the Basics courses to keep them off her back. Claudette Woodley was one of my PCs when I left, she a sweet old lady who has no money to speak of, lives in government housing and was basically tricked into joining staff at Sydney org, something she told me she didn't really want to do.

I got along well with all of the people above and truly hope they see the light soon but I'm not holding my breath.

Petey C

Very interesting! Not many names I recognise except for Steve Stevens who completed a couple of book courses. Could it be THAT Steve Stevens redoing the basics?

I calculate 229 completions and 135 unique names, of whom 84 appear only once, leaving 51 repeat completions, ie people who did more than one course.

Not such a great result, really, given the cost of delivering the services ... not what you'd call viable.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Very interesting! Not many names I recognise except for Steve Stevens who completed a couple of book courses. Could it be THAT Steve Stevens redoing the basics?

I calculate 229 completions and 135 unique names, of whom 84 appear only once, leaving 51 repeat completions, ie people who did more than one course.

Not such a great result, really, given the cost of delivering the services ... not what you'd call viable.

I was going to comment on that - Steve Stevens doing an extension course? :omg:

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Thank you very much Pooks.

And it is well worth noting the enormous number of Asians on this list.
This confirms a suspicion we have had for some time that the real money flow in the AO was coming from Asian sources, predominately Japan and Taiwan.
Take the Asians away and the AO is fast a struggling org. As noted it seems to have been Scientology's plan for some time to expand into countries without a large English speaking presence, where critical information on Scientology is sparse or non-existent. We now see the fruits of their program, and ours, with fewer and fewer Australians going up the bridge and the AO relying more and more on Asian imports, which do the full bridge starting with basic courses at the AO. These non-english speakers are carefully insulated from critical info and a program is built to ship these foreigners in, bypass the local Orgs, and effectively extract money from them. Despite the absolute rigidity of Hubbard's teaching the CoS have managed to adapt well to changing climates.

I have often seen the large contingent of Taiwanese at events, I suspect many come from rich families and Scientology has some recruiting programs in place in Taiwan to catch these unsuspecting people with their promises of freedom. With no reference argument against CoS the trap is easily sprung.

We have been successful over the years in educating the English speaking, if we could just crack into these foreign groups we could crush CoS's business model and put the AO in jeopardy.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Yes, that'd be Steve. A lot of the old hands hold the AO off by doing Basic Book Extension Courses (where you don't have to physically show up at the AO, just send in your answers a la Correspondence Course). It's a relatively painless way of placating the demand for participation in scientology. I've done it myself. :biggrin:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Yes, that'd be Steve. A lot of the old hands hold the AO off by doing Basic Book Extension Courses (where you don't have to physically show up at the AO, just send in your answers a la Correspondence Course). It's a relatively painless way of placating the demand for participation in scientology. I've done it myself. :biggrin:

Yeah I did it too. I wonder how many old timers are just hanging in there... waiting....

Petey C

Oh. I thought it was because he'd finally learned to read. :p

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
The TAS site has been updated and the Advance Anzo mags and comps are listed here.

Come on you Awesome Aussies! Let's get more mags sent in. When Exes or fence sitters Google their name, they are going to end up either here or on the TAS site
and get real information. Help out a fellow Aussie and send me or Zhent your mags so
we can help them find the Truth About Scientology.

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/advance-anzo/

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
There seems to be a problem with the Advance 200 page.

Eg, SCIENTOLOGY LIFE IMPROVEMENT COURSES is listed twice, and Bianca (Yun-Jung) Hu is listed 3 times for the same course.

Norman O'Leary's page is also broken - http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/n/norman-o’leary.html

Edit: wow check out Hiroko Fukuda's page - http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/h/hiroko-fukuda.html Thats a lot of completions. And note some of the double ups where they try and pad out their stats over different issues.

BTW I have noticed a number of names, for example Rebecca Collen - http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/k/keiko-jefford.html , have a number of OT completions in the same issue. For example OT ELIGIBILITY, OT III, NEW OT IV. How does that work? Shouldn't such a process take a long time? Are they fudging the stats big time?

More lulz: Truls Foshaug did Study Certainty in 1998, then again in 2007, looks like he wasn't so certain about it after all!
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/t/truls-foshaug.html

Last edited:

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Thanks, I'm going to report the problems to Kristi.

It occasionally happens that a magazine lumps all the Life Improvement Courses into one big list rather than saying which Life Improvement Courses-- there 20 or so of them -- That's why you see the names listed more than once. But I see that this list has a big hiccup in it and I'm going to send the original list to Kristi so she can look into it.

It's quite possible to have several OT level comps for one person in the same magazine issue because sometimes there are several months or more between the publishing of the mags. However if you see the same comp in two different mags, then it's either an error or they are padding the stats.

Very generally speaking.

OT I takes less than a week
OT II takes a couple of weeks
OT III takes a couple of weeks to a couple of months
OT IV takes less than a week.
OT V- can take months and a lot of money
OT VI can take many months
OT VII-- many years
OT VIII a couple of weeks.

Again that's general and some take much less or much longer.

There seems to be a problem with the Advance 200 page.

Eg, SCIENTOLOGY LIFE IMPROVEMENT COURSES is listed twice, and Bianca (Yun-Jung) Hu is listed 3 times for the same course.

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/advance-anzo/advance-anzo-200.html

Norman O'Leary's page is also broken - http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/n/norman-o’leary.html

Edit: wow check out Hiroko Fukuda's page - http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/h/hiroko-fukuda.html Thats a lot of completions. And note some of the double ups where they try and pad out their stats over different issues.

BTW I have noticed a number of names, for example Rebecca Collen - http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/k/keiko-jefford.html , have a number of OT completions in the same issue. For example OT ELIGIBILITY, OT III, NEW OT IV. How does that work? Shouldn't such a process take a long time? Are they fudging the stats big time?

More lulz: Truls Foshaug did Study Certainty in 1998, then again in 2007, looks like he wasn't so certain about it after all!
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/t/truls-foshaug.html

Happy Days

If one were to work out the VSD for the completions in Advance mag 200 the value would not be high at all.

Life Improvement Courses are Div 6, to buy say $100 a course, and then The Basics courses are say averaged out $150 (there maybe extension courses in amongst the Basic's comps), these are the majority of completions and for an AO is totally off charter and basically taking public from the Class V orgs so how the cult can promote expansion is just laughable.:dieslaughing::dieslaughing:

It's a wonder the AO can keep its doors opened and feed its crew.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
It occasionally happens that a magazine lumps all the Life Improvement Courses into one big list rather than saying which Life Improvement Courses-- there 20 or so of them -- That's why you see the names listed more than once.

That makes sense, thanks.

Very generally speaking.

OT I takes less than a week
OT II takes a couple of weeks
OT III takes a couple of weeks to a couple of months
OT IV takes less than a week.
OT V- can take months and a lot of money
OT VI can take many months
OT VII-- many years
OT VIII a couple of weeks.

Again that's general and some take much less or much longer.

Thanks again, not being an ex I had some misconceptions about how long the OT levels take, I thought they took months but it seems early levels are pretty fast. Looks like the reporting period in the mags is still a few months, perhaps more since some completions are padded out to subsequent issues.