What's new

Advice on refund

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to the board Emily,

Just call and ask the treasury department how much money you have on account. If they ask why, just say you're thinking about doing a service and that you need to know how much money you'll need to come up with, if any, based on your account balance. Then request that they mail you a statement, so that you have the proof of what they told you.

I understand the anxiety of calling. I'm surprised you haven't been getting statements all along. Just play the game. A few minutes of anxiety to get the balance so that you can thus get a repayment is worth the repayment amount.

Good luck.

This is a good plan.

If they won't send you one, then send them a letter by registered mail requesting an up-to-date statement of your account within 7 days.

If they still don't comply, then get legal advice and report them to every relevant government agency that you can think of.

If it is your money, they have to provide you with this info.

Axiom142

Class action lawsuit

One day soon, when someone angelic and fearless takes the lead to organize a group for a class action lawsuit against the church for fraud....I will be on that list too...

Why don't ex-members start a class action lawsuit? There's so much evidence of financial fraud, coercive sales techniques, quack medical advice, the emotional hardship of disconnection, and now the risk of cancer because of exposure to asbestos on the Freewinds... I'd think lawyers would love to take a case like this.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is a good plan.

If they won't send you one, then send them a letter by registered mail requesting an up-to-date statement of your account within 7 days.

If they still don't comply, then get legal advice and report them to every relevant government agency that you can think of.

Axiom142

Don't send registered mail to the CofS. They don't accept it. Only an SP sends registered mail per LRH. LOL!!!

You can send it Delivery Confirmation. It does not have to be signed. But you can track on the USPS website when it was received.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I plan on pursuing the IAS refund as well and will keep you posted. I will be able to reveal more soon. I am going for as much repayment as I can including trying for my money back on those damn buildings (superpower, ideal orgs) and the IAS. :angry: The whole thing makes me want to spit....or worse....:puke:

:happydance:

We only get "nasty grams" back from Superpower when we ask for repayment from them. Unless you gave them a lot of money, I wouldn't bother. It was only $1,000 US that my husband gave them. So, not too much to fight them on.

Power Change

Patron Meritorious
Why don't ex-members start a class action lawsuit? There's so much evidence of financial fraud, coercive sales techniques, quack medical advice, the emotional hardship of disconnection, and now the risk of cancer because of exposure to asbestos on the Freewinds... I'd think lawyers would love to take a case like this.

Lack of funding
Lack of leadership to spearhead this
Fear
Having this hung over your head for years
The benefits don't outweigh the cost to go about it this way

Saving families would be my #1 priroity--I think there are other ways to make a dent in this and the groundwork is in action with anonymous.

Power Change

Patron Meritorious
We only get "nasty grams" back from Superpower when we ask for repayment from them. Unless you gave them a lot of money, I wouldn't bother. It was only $1,000 US that my husband gave them. So, not too much to fight them on.

What do they say-these nasty grams? Can you publish some on the board?

S

songbyrd

money back

How do you get about getting money back from services already received? And what if you dont have all your statements?

EmilySun

thanks for replying

thanks everyone who replied to me!:clap: I had a friend pretend to be me and call, couldn't get anyone from treasury dept on the phone. so she left a message. So glad I thought of getting a friend to do it. she sounded more tone 4.0 and matter-of-fact then I could have managed :).

So I guess I'll give them a week and go to step two as Axiom142 recommends, and send a letter. Do you think if I send a letter requesting an up to date statement they will lie? If I haven't touched my account in years, will my account even exist? My memory is that the policy is that money stayed on account forever. Is that true?
-em

This is a good plan.

Axiom142

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
What do they say-these nasty grams? Can you publish some on the board?

My husband wrote something to the effect that the SuperPower was a fraud since it isn't complete after all these years and all the money donated.

So the nasty grams pretty much say he doesn't know what he's talking about and not to say such nasty things to them. Just rude, nasty letters.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
How do you get about getting money back from services already received? And what if you dont have all your statements?

I believe you'd have to hire an attorney and sue the CofS for not delivering what was promised. You may want to read up on Wollersheim (? spelling). Didn't he get money back for services delivered?

Husband and I didn't want the hassle of fighting the CofS in the courts. They have way too much money. We don't have that kind of time or money to spend fighting a serpent with 20 heads.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I believe you'd have to hire an attorney and sue the CofS for not delivering what was promised. You may want to read up on Wollersheim (? spelling). Didn't he get money back for services delivered?

Husband and I didn't want the hassle of fighting the CofS in the courts. They have way too much money. We don't have that kind of time or money to spend fighting a serpent with 20 heads.

You mean a serpent with 20 assholes?