What's new

Advice on Refunds?

fuzzybear77

Hello, new to this site. I am wanting to get back money I have on account at AOLA. I am still in good standing as far as I know but have not been active for many years and no interest in Scientology anymore. I don't care if I am declared in the end. But I need some advice. Where do I start, who do I contact to get this rolling? Treas Sec?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Mostly they don't have much money these days. Do you have invoices showing money on account?

I would try a polite letter from a lawyer to Treasury asking for a refund. It will go to OSA at that point.

Perhaps somebody else here has an alternate idea.

freethinker

Sponsor
Hello, new to this site. I am wanting to get back money I have on account at AOLA. I am still in good standing as far as I know but have not been active for many years and no interest in Scientology anymore. I don't care if I am declared in the end. But I need some advice. Where do I start, who do I contact to get this rolling? Treas Sec?
Your well beyond the Policy of Limitations. Because you have had no complaint for many years you face an uphill battle that likely won't be worth it unless you have a half million on account. if you had a half million on account then I am surprised they haven't come after you to do services.

Once you contact them they will need all your info. Unless you really want the money back, I would let it go. It will likely take a long time to get it and you will be happier without stirring anything up.

If you really need the money back then you are on bad footing already. They will wait you into a black hole. If you are in good standing, then that means you likely have nothing to complain about.

It's your choice but you would be best to leave it. You will need invoices. Copy them all and back them up to the cloud. Get certified copies of the originals and present them. Keep your originals somewhere where no one would look for them. Good luck

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
You are up against heavy odds when you try to get your money back.
I don't know if people are at all successful at getting their money back.
I wonder whether the pestering from a collections agency would have any effect with an eventual hit on their credit the same way that companies do us?
If you don't get yours back you might want to let people on the message boards know about how much of your money they have effectively stolen from you and how impossible they've made it for anyone to get any back.
Then they'll know what you now know about never, NEVER giving them ANY monies as Scientology is a black hole for its members money.

Last edited:

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
I did not read all the responses but here is my advice and I did get a repayment successfully. Do the steps of the routing form, It is the only way the organization can administratively get the paperwork done and it greases the wheels. Do not appear on social media in your real name as disgruntled or antagonistic. Remain neutral. The org terminals will ask if you are protesting Scn publically ( a reason for them to declare you) so don't protest and tell them you are not. Use someone at OSA to help. This is a legal matter and OSA staff members have this as a part of their job ( protect the church) so they can help get the org to push the routing form through. Do not be combative or opinionated or a martyr for the cause, etc. Just do each step of the routing form and get the org to do their part. Be paitent because this repayment comes out of the org FP and the org will stall as long as they feel they can push. Be determined, persistent and NEUTRAL and you should get it ( I hope).
This is awesome advice to get a Repayment and not get declared. Our org did process Repayments per the routing form steps even though it took a while. But, the person needs to physically show up at the org and get onto it.

Of course there will be "Handling" steps to try to get you to change your mind. The fastest Repayment was for an illegal pc. They cannot take you in session and do not want you in the org. So, if you're not against it, go see a Psych and tell the org when you get on the routing form.

A Refund is quite different as it means you actually got the service. So in essence you are getting away with Free Service and then asking for your money back, which is why you get declared. Nobody steals from scn, only vice-versa.

Last edited:

fuzzybear77

Thanks everyone. I sure could use the money it's several thousand. I did get a staff member randomly text asking if I wanted to do something 'pro survival' with my money on account. I don't even .know what he meant by that but I told him to leave my account alone. I do have copies of invoices.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks everyone. I sure could use the money it's several thousand. I did get a staff member randomly text asking if I wanted to do something 'pro survival' with my money on account. I don't even .know what he meant by that but I told him to leave my account alone. I do have copies of invoices.
They're looking to get you to agree to use the money on account for books that they are going to give out and "blow the doors off" the barriers to new people getting into Scientology.

Or, suggest you use the money on account for books they are going to send you because you really need to read them and do extension courses to "blow the doors off" your barriers to getting up the bridge.

Or, suggest you use the money on account for books.......you get the idea?

Text them back and ask for the refund!

freethinker

Sponsor
Tell them yes, I do want to do something pro survival with the money you confirmed I have on account, I'm going to use it on myself, I'm going to pay off bills and get myself in good shape. I have decided it is better spent on really important issues like my own survival.

I intend to apply the money to my first dynamic and will expand from there. I am applying your refund and repayment policy to contribute to the first dynamic which is myself.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
The Church simply does not like simply does not like parting with money.

If you are only seeking the balance of your account, and not refunds for "services", it's legally your money. I know of no pre-Miscabbage policy that denies you such a refund. While you risk an SP Declare, I recommend a lawyer. When you've decided to leave, you've decided to leave.

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
If at all possible, try not to use a lawyer at first.

There's policy that going legal against the church will make the Repayment much more difficult to process.

If you decide to get a Refund for all services, don't tell them, but get on an extension course or a cheap service first. The enrollment agreement states you cannot get a Refund after 3 months of your last service.

freethinker

Sponsor
If at all possible, try not to use a lawyer at first.

There's policy that going legal against the church will make the Repayment much more difficult to process.

If you decide to get a Refund for all services, don't tell them, but get on an extension course or a cheap service first. The enrollment agreement states you cannot get a Refund after 3 months of your last service.
He wants a repayment which is different. This is unused money on account. I don't know of any policy where using a lawyer will extend the time of repayment or refund. Just asking for money back is an automatic declare so after that what more can they do legally?

I know of no instance where playing ball with them gets your money back any easier. Their policies alone tell you that once you decide to leave you are in bad standing. I don't see kissing their butt improving a refund or repayment because they don't want to give it back anyway.