Alanzo Apologism 101: Does Anti-Scientology Deserve Any Criticism?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
You are saying, perhaps, there is a... ahem... "politically correct" way to be an ex-scientologist?

Always with the finest bullshit, Megalurch Unlimited takes special pride in it's industrial strength Politically Correct Bullshit custom concocted to any form outside of The Way Thins Are
I woke up thinking about this post of yours, Clay Pigeon.

A "politically correct" way to be an Ex-Scientologist.

That stings, sir.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
It's a piece of the link Pitsy put up
https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/mayo.htm

Wouldn't you call that cruel and brutal CP? It's downright sadistic. Because it's not as bad as Hitler or Stalin that makes it okay, in your book?
Multiple witnesses said some children were in their for weeks. Here's a quote from one of them:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/mayo.htm
Compare the two links.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
You would not be the "politically correct" sort; where might there be sting?
Because I realized, from this concept you introduced, that I have strong opinions about what an Ex "should" be. And I would not want to be creating some kind of political correct cut out as an Ex with my opinions.

Anything close to 'political correctness' as an Ex works against pretty much everything I believe about being one.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Because I realized, from this concept you introduced, that I have strong opinions about what an Ex "should" be. And I would not want to be creating some kind of political correct cut out as an Ex with my opinions.

Anything close to 'political correctness' as an Ex works against pretty much everything I believe about being one.
Then think longer on it. You've had your own ideas about that for a long time and they have changed over time.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I have been and will remain, as most of my fellow ex-scientologist, the ex-scientologist I decided to be and am, evolving on my personnal path.....
Any lecturer who thinks will proletyze to me or even try to pass on me his own dissonances, cognitions or even obsessions is not born yet....

I owe nothing to nobody regarding my thoughts, what and who I support and nor what they think has any sort of influence on me..especially not the big ego internet characters.....I am a big girl assuming who I am...and quite trustful in my own critical thinking as well as in my guts.
Most people here are big boys and big girls who I also respect for the same reasons, no matter what they believe. Their critical thoughts has had great value for me ( to consider in my own reflections) and I consider the rich true life experience of most of them as pieces of gems.
Wisdom is not found in books and rhetoric.

I also don't belong to any clan as most don't..and I truly don't give a fuck . I have a real life.

Last edited: