What's new

Alanzo endorses First Independent Church of Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Alanzo endorses First Independent Church of Scientology.

In response to Reza Aslan's Believer episode on CNN, Alanzo has [FONT=&amp]has endorsed Independent Scientology generally, and specifically the First Independent Church of Scientology.

Alanzo's Blog: [/FONT]
Indy Efforts at Reforming Scientology Should Be An Important Part of the Solution

https://www.alanzosblog.com/indy-ef...-should-be-an-important-part-of-the-solution/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

XVoBLjR.png

Once again, Scientology’s most hysterical critics, led by the blind atheist cleric, Tony Ortega, are doing their best to nullify any attempt by Independent Scientologists to reform Scientology. This is very short-sighted and based on a blinkered thought-stopping distortion that “it is impossible to reform Scientology.”

Anyone who has ever taken a course in a Scientology organization that was NOT run by the fanatics in the Sea Organization know everything they should need to know that this tired old distortion is not true. There are plenty of forms of Scientology that are not abusive, and many people who do not want Scientology to be abusive.

2 events have been minimized and largely ignored by Tony Ortega and his militant Bunkerites which are a very important part of the solution for ending the spiritual abuses in the Church of Scientology.

The First Independent Church of Scientology received approval of its Articles of Incorporation by the State of California on March 7, 2016, as reported by the Religious Liberty League.

Per Tony Ortega’s own reporting, Dani Lemberger and the Church of Scientology were ordered to settle a lawsuit in Tel Aviv this month – or the judge threatened to get rid of the Church of Scientology in Israel. The deal was sealed to the public. But what kind of bargaining position did Dani Lemberger have in those negotiations under a judge who said that?

I think these might be viewed as two important legal wins for Independent Scientology – a form of Scientology WITHOUT abusive Sea Org fanatics in it.

[SNIP]

The end of Scientology abuse will come though many different routes, but it is clear now that it must mostly come from Scientologists themselves.

[SNIP]

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Veda

Sponsor
Exchange between Dani Lemberger and Merrell Vannier Vannier re. "religious bigot" Tony Ortega.

http://religiouslibertyleague.org/429-2/

In the above exchange, Bernie.cnc Family is plugged as a useful information source.

Bernie is what is called a perimeter defense op for the Scientology organization.

Below is a link to a $cientology disinformation site. But not as well disguised as what Bernie does.

Amongst other things, and like the Bernie site, it lies about, and continues to attack, Paulette Cooper. The first attempt at framing Cooper with making "bomb threats," in 1972 ('Operation Dynamite'), did succeed, resulting in her indictment by a Grand Jury. It came very close to destroying her life.

An, yet, these scumbags write:

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://www.scientologymyths.info/operation-freakout

It even links to the 'Bernie' site, another Scientology cult site, but a "perimeter defense" operation, pretending to be a "reasonable critic" site. Notice the link is at the end of the piece under "One of them is here." "Here" is in red.

How cozy.

Thread about Merrell Vannier, his book, and his new "Church":

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?38578-Disbarred-lawyer-defends-Hubbard-blames-CIA

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Here's Steve Hassan's comments about the show that I excerpted from a comment of his this morning at the Bunker:
As far as Reza Aslan's CNN Believer show, I echo Tony and many other's disappointment. But I have been dealing with cult apologists for four decades and am used to their efforts to avoid science and social influence facts and history, including Robert Jay Lifton, Margaret Singer, Stephen Kent, Alan Scheflin, and so many more scholars who actually have done their homework and looked at the evidence on both sides. Cult apologists have historically ignored former members who speak out critically and any scholars who disagree with their positions. Facts matter. And the evidence is overwhelming that people are deceptively recruited (no informed consent), induced into altered states of consciousness (described as hypnotic trance states), and systematically programmed, including memory manipulation and implantation, new loaded language thought system, and dissociative states (Scientologists were trained to believe leaving their bodies was a good thing, right?). And so much more.

Enjoy the interview and keep up the good work. It takes a village and my hope is that ex-Scientologists will learn more about the history of brainwashing, mind control and undue influence and study other destructive cults. See the behavioral parallels. Gain a perspective that even though you believed you were chosen and elite, so did I as a Moonie. I invite people to stop using cult terms and cult concepts and reclaim their identity and minds entirely by understanding cult mind control.

Also, there is a video posted at the Bunker this morning where Steve is interviewed by Jeffrey Augustine:
http://tonyortega.org/2017/03/27/re...gy-lived-down-to-all-expectations/#more-38849

Jeffrey tells us that besides talking about his approach to Scientology, Hassan describes what it was like to meet Mike Rinder on Leah Remini’s show and why the experience of meeting the former head of OSA so powerfully moved him

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Another comment from the Bunker this morning:

J. Swift 2 hours ago
Reza Aslan: 2009 just called. It wants your "exclusive story" on Independent Scientology back. Tony Ortega already covered it in detail eight years ago, and even earlier, and yet you act like you just discovered it. Plagiarism is such an ugly thing Dr. Aslan. One wonders if you got your Ph.D. at the same mail order house L. Ron Hubbard got his. I ask because Dr. Hubbard also liked to claim the work of others as his own exclusive work.

I knew Aslan's show was DOA when he began by interviewing Donald Westbrook, the Scientology Cult's new religious scholar apologist out of Claremont. Westbrook will not answer e-mails, will not respond to challenges, and is an academic fraud and deviant in the mold of Scientology lapdog J. Gordon Melton.
Aslan was too afraid to talk to Scientology's critics and former members -- and the Cult didn't want to talk to him.

Hence, Aslan took the easy way out and did a show in which he breathlessly claimed to have discovered Independent Scientology. Again, pure laziness and dishonesty on Aslan's part.

Add: Reza Aslan actually had the nerve to mock Lawrence Wright in a bit about interviewing Jesus 2,000 years ago. Seriously Aslan? You don't have anything that that even remotely approaches the stature, gravitas, and accomplishments of Pulitzer Prize and Emmy award winner Lawrence Wright. Learn some manners and respect Aslan.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Take the abuse out of scientology and what you have left is thephysiological, mental, emotional and spiritual manipulation.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Another comment from the Bunker this morning:

J. Swift 2 hours ago
Reza Aslan: 2009 just called. It wants your "exclusive story" on Independent Scientology back. Tony Ortega already covered it in detail eight years ago, and even earlier, and yet you act like you just discovered it. Plagiarism is such an ugly thing Dr. Aslan. One wonders if you got your Ph.D. at the same mail order house L. Ron Hubbard got his. I ask because Dr. Hubbard also liked to claim the work of others as his own exclusive work.

I knew Aslan's show was DOA when he began by interviewing Donald Westbrook, the Scientology Cult's new religious scholar apologist out of Claremont. Westbrook will not answer e-mails, will not respond to challenges, and is an academic fraud and deviant in the mold of Scientology lapdog J. Gordon Melton.
Aslan was too afraid to talk to Scientology's critics and former members -- and the Cult didn't want to talk to him.

Hence, Aslan took the easy way out and did a show in which he breathlessly claimed to have discovered Independent Scientology. Again, pure laziness and dishonesty on Aslan's part.

Add: Reza Aslan actually had the nerve to mock Lawrence Wright in a bit about interviewing Jesus 2,000 years ago. Seriously Aslan? You don't have anything that that even remotely approaches the stature, gravitas, and accomplishments of Pulitzer Prize and Emmy award winner Lawrence Wright. Learn some manners and respect Aslan.

Terrific stuff (video interview with Steve Hasan AND commentary) by J. Swift!

Recapping . . .

Rasa Aslan, in Neville Chamberlain-esque fashion, has just returned from a meeting with Indie Scientologists and assures mankind that we now have "Total Freedom for our time".

LINK

HelluvaHoax!

Take the abuse out of scientology and what you have left is the physiological, mental, emotional and spiritual manipulation.

HellYeah! To wit--

If it wasn't for Bad Indicators, ex-Scientologists wouldn't have any Indicators at all.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I've seen references to Alanzo many times on this board although he was around here before I joined and seems to have left. What I'd like to know is; what are the aims of these reformers? Do they really have the well-being of humanity at heart and believe scientology can be a force for good in the world, or do they see the millions of dollars the CofS has generated and are hoping to channel some of that their way?

HelluvaHoax!

I've seen references to Alanzo many times on the board although he was around here before I joined and seems to have left. What I'd like to know is; what are the aims of these reformers? Do they really have the well-being of humanity at heart, or do they see the millions of dollars the CofS has generated and are hoping to channel some of that their way?

Alanzo is a grandstanding troll who desperately seeks attention at any cost. He was banned twice on ESMB and has been trying to figure out for years how to get anyone to read his hypocritical hubris & harangues.

Alas, after some years of cyber-vagrancy (where he stumbled around the internet looking for some place that wouldn't ban his chronic WordClownism and trolling) he finally set up his own personal [STRIKE]Tabloid[/STRIKE] Tablog; then his stats soared--up to sometimes having 1 view/comment (aside from his own) for each of his OT[SUP]* [/SUP]essays defending Scientology and attacking the cult's whistleblowers and most popular (i.e. well-read) critics.

HELPFUL HINT: In trying to understand Alanzo's furious and nonsensical "crusades" against the cult's critics, keep in mind that he fancies himself as a new age writer extraordinaire. Except that many if not most, of his blog essays have ZERO comments/views--which makes him very bitter towards any writer/critic who has a big following or fan base--like Tony Ortega, Mike Rinder, et al.

* OT: Operating Troll

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Not a big fan then eh HH? :biggrin:

:hysterical:

I tend to not support trolls who dedicate entire blogs to running contests like "WHO IS THE BIGGEST ASSHOLE ON ESMB?", where a Venusian trainload of lies about me is published--after which I am chosen as the "winner". LOL.

Hey, apparently Alanzo is very sensitive to what I write. After I mentioned recently that (in cowardly fashion) he "vanished" (deleted) the "BIGGEST ASSHOLE" ad hom tirade (in which he decried ad hom, LOL), Alanzo just recently re-posted it in a desperate effort to get anyone to read or even visit his Ideal blog.

One can easily plot the strident levels of Alanzo's hysterical rants--they are proportional to the number of his blog essays that have NO READERS OR COMMENTS. That's when he really strikes out with batshit crazy ideas, lol.

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I tend to not support trolls who dedicate entire blogs to running contests like "WHO IS THE BIGGEST ASSHOLE ON ESMB?", where a Venusian trainload of lies about me are published--after which I am chosen as the winner. LOL.

Hey, apparently Alanzo is very sensitive to what I write. After I mentioned recently that (in cowardly fashion) he "vanished" (deleted) the "BIGGEST ASSHOLE" ad hom tirade (in which he decried ad hom, LOL), Alanzo just recently re-posted it in a desperate effort to get anyone to read or even visit his Ideal blog.

One can easily plot the strident levels of Alanzo's hysterical rants--they are proportional to the number of his blog essays that have NO READERS OR COMMENTS. That's when he really strikes out with batshit crazy ideas, lol.

LOL. If I were still a scientologist I'd probably book you in for a review to locate the BPC. :biggrin:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Alanzo is a grandstanding troll who desperately seeks attention at any cost. He was banned twice on ESMB and has been trying to figure out for years how to get anyone to read his hypocritical hubris & harangues.

Alas, after some years of cyber-vagrancy (where he stumbled around the internet looking for some place that wouldn't ban his chronic WordClownism and trolling) he finally set up his own personal [STRIKE]Tabloid[/STRIKE] Tablog; then his stats soared--up to an average of 1-2 views/comments (aside from his own) for each of his OT[SUP]* [/SUP]essays defending Scientology and attacking the cult's whistleblowers and most popular (i.e. well-read) critics.

HELPFUL HINT: In trying to understand Alanzo's furious and nonsensical "crusades" against the cult's critics, keep in mind that he fancies himself as a new age writer extraordinaire. Except that many if not most, of his blog essays have ZERO comments/views--which makes him very bitter towards any writer/critic who has a big following or fan base--like Tony Ortega, Mike Rinder, et al.

* OT: Operating Troll

To sum up, Alanzo wants attention, doesn't get much, and is jealous of people like Tony and Mike R who receive attention and praise, for their hard work and diligent effort. Pretty simple.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
AND...

There is a reason that efforts to reform Scientology do not work. Really good people have tried and failed. Ask David Mayo how it worked for him. And countless others who eventually gave up.

Scientology tends to fall apart without the rigid totalitarian control system that Hubbard intertwined into the mix. When people try to start a "kinder, gentler" version of Scn, the KSW hard-liners show up to destroy it.

That, or the followers eventually just start living life and drift away, realizing they no longer need ANY version of Scientology in their lives.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

I tend to not support trolls who dedicate entire blogs to running contests like "WHO IS THE BIGGEST ASSHOLE ON ESMB?", where a Venusian trainload of lies about me are published--after which I am chosen as the winner. LOL.

AND.... a quick look at his recent article reveals that his comment section is......CLOSED

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
There is something wrong with Alanzo.

There is something wrong with Marty Rathbun.

They are still suffering the side effects of Scientology.

Perhaps it is the years "in" that programmed their minds to ALWAYS HAVE AN ENEMY and SOMETHING TO FIGHT....

Just goes to show you - you can get the guy out of Scientology but you can't get the Scientology out of the guy.:whistling:

One has to work hard at it. Get educated on hypnosis, mind control and most importantly - Complex Trauma. Scientology fucks with every aspect of your life. It is deabilitating for sure to anyone who got trapped in it whether you were a "born in" or a "walk in" - Scientology DESTROYS and KILLS.

DEPROGRAM yourself folks - or you are subject to get trapped in other cults, fall for MLM scams and get betrayed over and over and over.:yes:

The other side effect based on science and actual results are Marty Rathbun and Alanzo....attacking people that have been harmed by Scientology...us SP's and ex members of Scamontology.

It is the Scientological implants and re-wiring of your brain.

You can deprogram yourself....it just takes a willingness to review the beliefs you accepted whilst in the cult under mind control, hypnosis and manipulation...and change them if you want.

For example...I suffer from "I pulled it in - syndrome" still.

It is a tough one to crack. When anything somewhat not optimum or undesireable happens to me or my loved ones....the Human Emotion and reaction that occurs in my mind, body and emotions are fucked up for sure.

I am working on it and it is getting better and better...each and every day. I certainly know I WON'T GET ANY WORSE~

What are you still suffering from because of Scientology? Are you selling Team National - the rip off MLM scam? I saw many ex Scientologists get roped into this scam as well as the Melt Body Fat scam.

Last edited:

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
The key part of Alanzo's message (and all Scientologist's belief) is that all criticism is forbidden.

Who has done anything to interfere with an indie's ability to practice or "reform" Scientology?

Outside of the actual Church of Scientology's efforts, no one has DONE anything to stop or even hinder an indie's ability to do whatever they want with "Scientology".

But, oh!, a simple criticism is "doing their best to nullify any attempt by Independent Scientologists to reform Scientology."

Huh? How can a few words cause these "indies" to fail so completely?

Is Scientology so weak that a few words on a few blogs (that they "don't read") completely flummox these poor believers???

That's funny.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
What are you still suffering from because of Scientology?.

The only way I think Scn hurt me was what happened when I left....destroyed family and friend relationships. The viewpoint that "you're either with us or you're an SP". It's hard to get past that. And destroyed relationships do HURT. But it's the same hurt as any relationship that fails. Divorce, outside of Scn, hurts. But we can get past it and heal.

On another thread, someone said that it would be a good idea to handle the issues we had that made us vulnerable to falling into a cult in the FIRST place. In many cases those issues are still with us when we leave. I think there is truth in that. And the mental therapy that might actually help, is denied because Scn made you afraid of it. The instilled phobia against psychology or other forms of mental treatment that might actually work.

There are a lot of damaged people out there.

Speaking of damaged people, Commander Birdsong was one of only 2-3 people I had to put on Ignore a long time ago, before he was banned. He had his faults and his pluses like most of us, but something in his communications was just really ANNOYING.

Elronius of Marcabia

Take it as a compliment HH it means your effective with your humour and wit a truly dangerous combination
that can loosen the grip of scio on any mind having been bitten by Whobirds snake oil remedy.

Keep on Keepin on HH:thumbsup:

JackStraw

Hey, HH! I suggest you take Alonzo's tirades against/towards you as one of those "scientology's signs of success!":thumbsup: