What's new

Alanzo, please say it isn't so

First, I want to say that I like Alanzo. He has a certain teddy bear likableness about him that I'm sure others have detected. He's the kind of person that you can have a heated discussion with and when it's over, doesn't seem to hold it against you personally.

I've been a reader of ESMB for a long time now as well as WWP and Marty's blog. As you know, Alanzo posts comments over in Marty's blog from time to time. While in the process of reading those comments over at Marty's Place, there was some comments put up by Alanzo and then some interesting replies to what Alanzo said and concerning Alanzo that may explain Alanzo's behavior here and on Marty's blog.

First, about why he goes over to Marty's blog in the first place:

"There is a clique within ESMB who perhaps think of themselves as “THE opinion leaders of ESMB”. These are the few. They are the “big man on campus” types, legends in their own minds. They are also the ones Alanzo tries to curry favor with. He is like a young kid trying to impress the older “hoods” with “Watch me! I’m gonna run in there and throw a thought grenade in among them! Watch me do it! I’m cool enough to hang with you guys, huh? huh? huh?”

And this one explaining his behavior in general:

"A word about Alanzo. Without prejudice, let me say this. I have interacted with Al a lot on Geir’s (now Claire’s) forum over the past year. I have a back ground in psychiatry/psychology, and more than 8 months ago, I began to believe that Al had received ECT at some point in his life, possibly after his break with the Co$.

ECT typically produces personality changes that exactly correspond with the 2 Atcause mentioned – fixidity and reactivity, or rote responses on some topics.

Unfortunately, it is also true that some people experience a relief from suffering when they receive ECT, and feel that ECT helped them in a way nothing else did. Thus they will defend it. There are “ECT survivors” organizations, like “The Committe for Truth in Psychiatry”. (Google for it, please). This is not allied with CCHR, and one must be an “ECT survivor” to be a member. These people have testified before Congress. Their beef with psychiatry is not that ECT is bad, but that psychiatry has failed to fully disclosed the “other effects” of ECT – like the memory loss and personality changes, and impairments of mental functioning that occur all too often. It is as a result of this group in particular, that psychiatry has been forced to do a lot more disclosure of the risks, require a waiver to be read and signed, and in most states, do away with involuntary administration of ECT.

My point here is, many of these “survivors” still say ECT “helped” them by providing a relief from their suffering, usually a serious overwhelming depression, when all other means available to them had failed. Thus they will defend ECT and insist that it be available to those who really want it.

As for Al, I of course don’t know, it is an inference on my part. The way he acts is consistent with what I have speculated, and it is no way intended to denigrate or diminish him, or make him look bad. If it is as Ithink, more power to him, that he has survived.
It is speculation based on what I have gathered about the after effects of ECT on a person. He is an intelligent and at times likeable person. Unfortunately, he also has a fixed agenda I suspect he is powerless to deal with.

If I am wrong, and he really is acting completely on his own determinism, then let’s lynch him and get it over with, or just take him to the Humane Society and….. :)"

Say it isn't so Alanzo and I'll believe you but make sure what you say is the truth.:bigcry:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
On the other hand, we could just leave the OSA-style Dead Agent Bullshit Smear tactics to those who apparently need them in order to make less of others and thereby defend their untenable position.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
First, I want to say that I like Alanzo. He has a certain teddy bear likableness about him that I'm sure others have detected. He's the kind of person that you can have a heated discussion with and when it's over, doesn't seem to hold it against you personally.

I've been a reader of ESMB for a long time now as well as WWP and Marty's blog. As you know, Alanzo posts comments over in Marty's blog from time to time. While in the process of reading those comments over at Marty's Place, there was some comments put up by Alanzo and then some interesting replies to what Alanzo said and concerning Alanzo that may explain Alanzo's behavior here and on Marty's blog.

"There is a clique within ESMB who perhaps think of themselves as “THE opinion leaders of ESMB”. These are the few. They are the “big man on campus” types, legends in their own minds. They are also the ones Alanzo tries to curry favor with. He is like a young kid trying to impress the older “hoods” with “Watch me! I’m gonna run in there and throw a thought grenade in among them! Watch me do it! I’m cool enough to hang with you guys, huh? huh? huh?”

And this one explaining his behavior in general:

"A word about Alanzo. Without prejudice, let me say this. I have interacted with Al a lot on Geir’s (now Claire’s) forum over the past year. I have a back ground in psychiatry/psychology, and more than 8 months ago, I began to believe that Al had received ECT at some point in his life, possibly after his break with the Co$.

ECT typically produces personality changes that exactly correspond with the 2 Atcause mentioned – fixidity and reactivity, or rote responses on some topics.

Unfortunately, it is also true that some people experience a relief from suffering when they receive ECT, and feel that ECT helped them in a way nothing else did. Thus they will defend it. There are “ECT survivors” organizations, like “The Committe for Truth in Psychiatry”. (Google for it, please). This is not allied with CCHR, and one must be an “ECT survivor” to be a member. These people have testified before Congress. Their beef with psychiatry is not that ECT is bad, but that psychiatry has failed to fully disclosed the “other effects” of ECT – like the memory loss and personality changes, and impairments of mental functioning that occur all too often. It is as a result of this group in particular, that psychiatry has been forced to do a lot more disclosure of the risks, require a waiver to be read and signed, and in most states, do away with involuntary administration of ECT.

My point here is, many of these “survivors” still say ECT “helped” them by providing a relief from their suffering, usually a serious overwhelming depression, when all other means available to them had failed. Thus they will defend ECT and insist that it be available to those who really want it.

As for Al, I of course don’t know, it is an inference on my part. The way he acts is consistent with what I have speculated, and it is no way intended to denigrate or diminish him, or make him look bad. If it is as Ithink, more power to him, that he has survived.
It is speculation based on what I have gathered about the after effects of ECT on a person. He is an intelligent and at times likeable person. Unfortunately, he also has a fixed agenda I suspect he is powerless to deal with.

If I am wrong, and he really is acting completely on his own determinism, then let’s lynch him and get it over with, or just take him to the Humane Society and….. :)"

Say it isn't so Alanzo and I'll believe you but make sure what you say is the truth.:bigcry:

:lol: This shit is funnier than Alanzo himself.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow, that was lame. Even if Al had an ECT.
Talking about a lame ass douche bag grenade.
Drinking kool-aid and blogging is even worse
then drinking booze and facebooking.
I will leave it at that.

Feral

Rogue male
You're here to demonstrate the use of DA, logical fallacies and other guff that OSA use to protect their sacred cows, right? Good one!

Excellent demonstration of straw man argument.

Very nice Ad Hom!

So, that's how they do it, huh?

Thanks, we'll watch out for that in future. Just a question, are the Indies going to be using the same tactics as OSA now, or is that just what you want us to think? Like you're also demoing the 3P law....right?

Veda

Sponsor
From Hubbard's 1955 'Manual on Dissemination of Material' (Perhaps best known for Hubbard's instructions to use the legal system as a means of harassment, and to "ruin utterly."):

"Permitting it [Scientology] to be talked about contemptuously before a group [note: does not apply to "Miscavology"] should never be permitted...

"...the communication line [to the non-Scientology public, and to 'handle-able' Exs] is that [De-Miscavigized] Scientologists do not pose any threat, that Scientologists are good citizens, and that they can be trusted with problems of a private and confidential nature... Another frame of mind that we would like to see the public have and register are that people attacking [in-tech, on-Source, non-Miscavology] Scientologists have something wrong with them... As a subdivision of this, the actual substance of communication about what Scientology actually is... from the general public to the general public [what the "wogs" should say to each other about Scientology] should be that Scientology says that good health and immortality are attainable. That it is compounded out of all Man knows about Man..."

Last edited:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
trollspray.jpg

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Schwimmy - you need a turbo mouse clicker. You gettin old now brutha :D
Hmm.. I wuz thinking my new 64 bit system with a 4 core processor, 6 gigs of ram and a dizzyingly fast SSD disk would do it..

Works like a charm.. But all kinds of problems with getting my old programs to work.. I might have to install an old 32 bit XP on this thing.. Would be a shame though..

:yes:

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
Hmm.. I wuz thinking my new 64 bit system with a 4 core processor, 6 gigs of ram and a dizzyingly fast SSD disk would do it..

Works like a charm.. But all kinds of problems with getting my old programs to work.. I might have to install an old 32 bit XP on this thing.. Would be a shame though..

:yes:

Win 7 has compability mode?

On the other hand, we could just leave the OSA-style Dead Agent Bullshit Smear tactics to those who apparently need them in order to make less of others and thereby defend their untenable position.

How is being a survivor of ECT treatment a smear or "make less" of one?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Sorry, is this a hoax?

Did someone actually write that ECT "knowingness" theta-perception bullshit?

I don't get it. Did Alonzo say anything about ECT?

Or this freak just "pervaded" and "knew" ? (Hubbard's on-the-record assertion about the 'best way to know about anything'. )

ps: when people in society "pervade" they are typically institutionalized and often given ECT to break the embedded delusional pattern, so there is a connection starting to form now....thanks for listening!

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Scientology 101: When confronted with irrefutable facts and undeniable logic, bring out the ad homs.