What's new

Albuquerque Org

byte301

Crusader
I found out a few days ago that Albuquerque Org is trying to buy a building in the downtown area. This is an historical building and the "Church" says it will renovate it, blah blah blah.

This move is being met with some resistance by ppl in the community. The mayor, Marty Chavez, doesn't think it's a good idea! :happydance:

If they do buy this building they will kill that area. Up til now Alb. Org has been pretty ineffective since they always seemed to pick locations that had next to no foot traffic. This new building is in a very busy area with tons of foot traffic.

I plan on sending out fliers to all the stores in that area letting them know who their potential new neighbors really are. I am also going to let them know that they will have to endure a protest at least once a month for a long, long time! They will not be happy.

Alb. Org's representative is Sanford Block, who moved to Albuquerque recently from LA. Anyone out there know him? I would love to get more info on him!!!

P.S. Some ppl were concerned about stress tests tables on the sidewalk and ppl getting bothered by $cientologists. Block's answer was that he didn't know what the staff had planned for that area! LIAR!!!

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hand out the fliers and go to the community meetings.

I agree, SB is a liar for saying he "doesn't know what the plans are". Please, all orgs do the same thing.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Tell the local business owners/managers in that area that this may "hit them in the pocket book".
Tell them about Clear Water, Florida as an example. (Although, Clear Water is a bigger operation than ABQ.)

byte301

Crusader
Thanks I'mOut and programmer guy.

Both really good suggestions. I can't really go to community meetings since I am Anonymous and don't want to get fairgamed but I can send my sister-in-law to them! :eyeroll:

A couple of the business owners in the area actually think it will be "good" for business. hahahaha Are they in for a rude awakening!

Yeah, Block has NO idea what the staff plans to do in the area! We all know what they plan to do, how come he doesn't? :hysterical:

byte301

Crusader
Ok, just did some checking on Google. S. Block was the ED of CCHR in the early 90's. He could have been the ED for quite awhile...not sure.

He also called himself a representative of the Phoenix Org in an article in the Phoenix New Times.

So he gets around. Now why is he messing around with a tiny little org like Albuquerque? Gotta do more research on this guy. :surf:

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron
reply to byte

I found out a few days ago that Albuquerque Org is trying to buy a building in the downtown area. This is an historical building and the "Church" says it will renovate it, blah blah blah.

This move is being met with some resistance by ppl in the community. The mayor, Marty Chavez, doesn't think it's a good idea! :happydance:

If they do buy this building they will kill that area. Up til now Alb. Org has been pretty ineffective since they always seemed to pick locations that had next to no foot traffic. This new building is in a very busy area with tons of foot traffic.

I plan on sending out fliers to all the stores in that area letting them know who their potential new neighbors really are. I am also going to let them know that they will have to endure a protest at least once a month for a long, long time! They will not be happy.

Alb. Org's representative is Sanford Block, who moved to Albuquerque recently from LA. Anyone out there know him? I would love to get more info on him!!!

P.S. Some ppl were concerned about stress tests tables on the sidewalk and ppl getting bothered by $cientologists. Block's answer was that he didn't know what the staff had planned for that area! LIAR!!!

Sandy Block began his career in scientology at the Detroit Org Guardian's Office in the mid-1970's. He was promoted to the USGO in Los Angeles around 1979. He later went into OSA when the GO morphed in 1983. He was allegedly comm ev'd and removed from his post in OSA as head of CCHR, possibly declared SP, because he got the cofs in a war with pharmaceutical companies making psychiatric drugs. His wife at the time in Detroit was Terri Block. Don't know what happened to her. I recall him as a nasty, nazi-type guy. He was buddies with Bob Ruskin, the assistant guardian for information at Detroit. (After being involved with a number of felonies while in the GO, Ruskin blew his brains out in the late 1980's).
Smitty

byte301

Crusader
Sandy Block began his career in scientology at the Detroit Org Guardian's Office in the mid-1970's. He was promoted to the USGO in Los Angeles around 1979. He later went into OSA when the GO morphed in 1983. He was allegedly comm ev'd and removed from his post in OSA as head of CCHR, possibly declared SP, because he got the cofs in a war with pharmaceutical companies making psychiatric drugs. His wife at the time in Detroit was Terri Block. Don't know what happened to her. I recall him as a nasty, nazi-type guy. He was buddies with Bob Ruskin, the assistant guardian for information at Detroit. (After being involved with a number of felonies while in the GO, Ruskin blew his brains out in the late 1980's).
Smitty

Thanks for that info about Block, Smitty. Sounds like a piece of work. Maybe Anonymous can make him really unhappy that he moved here.:D