What's new

ALERT: CoS is flooding the PM's office

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
WWP: CoS is flooding the PM's office

Just spoke with the Prime Minister's office. They are getting a lot of correspondence, but "not much from your side".

Legion?

1. Why is the Prime Minister delaying?
  2. Doesn't he realise that human rights abuses are happening in Australia due to Scientology right now?
  3. Why won't he support an inquiry?
  4. Doesn't he realise this urgent?
  5. Will he allow a conscience vote?
  6. etc
The Hon Kevin Rudd MP

Title: Prime Minister.
Party: Australian Labor Party​
Parliament House Contact

PO Box 6022
House of Representatives
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600​
Tel: (02) 6277 7700
International: +612 6277 7700
Fax: (02) 6273 4100

Email your Prime Minister | Prime Minister of Australia
Kha Khan, can you update the OP, with the information that emails should be addressed, "Dear Prime Minister."

Someone on WWP pointed out this page: How do I address a member of Parliament?.

Not the end of the world, but it turns out that loads of us have likely been doing it wrong...e.g. Dear Senator or Dear Senator [Surname] are the proper salutations, not Dear Sir/Madam (which is what I'd assumed).

Page lists the whole shebang.

Last edited:

Carmel

Crusader
Posted on another thread...

If there are aussie exes or former scientologists out there, who haven't already written to the PM, then please do.

And also please ring his office. Say that you were a former Scientologist, and what happened to you, and ask why the PM isn't jumping all over this and demanding an Inquiry into Scientology.....or something along those lines.

We need to get the message through to the PM......... If he hears from exes with real experiences, we might just be able to do that.

Thanks.

Also, Sen Xen has again deferred the vote. It may not even happen this week. Please lobby the PM in the meantime.

ScudMuffin

Silver Meritorious Patron
Quality not quantity.

Over 9000 template/copy pasta emails will look dodgy, the Co$ will already look dodgy with the flood of emails it sends saying "please don't investigate us". We never stood a chance of pumping out more emails against the IRL spam machine that is the Co$ so make your email quality count.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Quality not quantity.

Over 9000 template/copy pasta emails will look dodgy, the Co$ will already look dodgy with the flood of emails it sends saying "please don't investigate us". We never stood a chance of pumping out more emails against the IRL spam machine that is the Co$ so make your email quality count.

And they are going to be the same ol shit. :D

Nurse Pinch

Patron with Honors
Every student will be being forced to write x number of letters before they can go home. The staff will also have daily letter quota's before they can go home as well.

Example. If there are 100 staff in OZ, they will have a daily quota of, say, 10. That's 1000 letters per day they can pump out. The same for the students, and Sea Ogres. They can probably muster about 2-4000 letters per day with a tailwind.

Pinchy.

Last edited:

anon2487

Patron with Honors
Every student will be being forced to write x number of letters before they can go home. The staff will also have daily letter quota's before they can go home as well.

Example. If there are 100 staff in OZ, they will have a daily quota of, say, 10. That's 1000 letters per day they can pump out. The same for the students, and Sea Ogres. They can probably muster about 2-4000 letters per day with a tailwind.

Pinchy.
Thank you for commenting on this, it's been doing by nut in hearing people write that "they're all just coming from the same few people/computers."

The fact that people are fearful of signing petitions, writing letters to government departments in their own name, and so on, is at least honest, accurate and true...and extremely telling. [If you think that arguing the case for the apparent discrepancy in numbers is important.]

But it's frustrating seeing otherwise good letters destroy their own credibility, by making allegations that can be quickly and easily proven false.

Last edited:

ScudMuffin

Silver Meritorious Patron
In the scis case common hand writing will give itself away. Seriously the fun you could have doing hand writing matches. I bet that they'll all be stuck in the same mail bag on top of each other so some office clerk will be opening them and wondering exactly what's going on.

anon2487

Patron with Honors
Just bumping this really: 'cos it be liek the most important thread on here :/

Dear Prime Minister,

Since the day it was formed, The Church of Scientology has exhibited a long running, systematic pattern of organised criminality. They've been successfully prosecuted numerous times, in most, if not all of the countries in which they operate, none of which has changed their behaviour in the least. At best they appear to treat it as a "cost of doing business."

With this in mind, I was extremely pleased to hear that you were willing to consider Sen. Nick Xenophon's motion for a formal inquiry into the organisation. More so, because whilst I live in the UK, where the group is recognised as neither a religion nor a charity, due to a Commonwealth agreement with your own country, they essentially receive the tax breaks afforded the same. This for me, also gets to the heart of the problem: people should be free to believe as they see fit. Coca Cola and miniskirts may be more my thing, but if someone wants to believe that they're descended from the souls of dead space aliens, then that's their choice and their choice entirely; and as superficially ridiculous as it may seem, I firmly believe that the underlying right is a vital one in any legitimate democracy.

However, to have an organisation cynically abuse the privileges granted to religious groups, and legitimate social betterment programs, is a different matter entirely. Taxpayer funded criminality makes a mockery of us all, and to the victims − of whom there are many − I know that it seems like a sick, sick joke.

At the bottom of this email, I've provided you with a short list of links, to a mixture of material which I hope will give you some useful insights as to the true nature of this organisation. Should you choose to dig deeper, you'll find that in fact these barely scratch the surface, which is why I really believe that a Senate Inquiry is essential.

As one former member put it, "it may not be Darfur, but it is our own little slice of hell," and as such, there can be no legitimate reason for these abuses to be allowed to continue.

Yours Sincerely

[Name]

Last edited:

anon2487

Patron with Honors
Kha Khan, can you update the OP, with the information that emails should be addressed, "Dear Prime Minister."

Someone on WWP pointed out this page: How do I address a member of Parliament?.

Not the end of the world, but it turns out that loads of us have likely been doing it wrong...e.g. Dear Senator or Dear Senator [Surname] are the proper salutations, not Dear Sir/Madam (which is what I'd assumed).

Page lists the whole shebang.