What's new

ALL OT's REPORT TO PAC- called to action now!

everfree

Patron Meritorious
I had the most amazing bruises on my back, all colours of the rainbow, and it was tender for a bit, but no obvious permanent damage, or internal bleeding etc. I got a touch assist, whoopee. But no x-ray, or doctor visit, or any interest whatsoever. That was much more like the normal CofS reaction to injury. I think what annoyed me the most was not the lack of attention to the physical injuries but the lack of care regarding the criminal negligence of whoever had left that unsupported flooring like that, an accident just waiting to happen.

That's more like what I would expect from our friends clearing the planet!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I don't know the details of it at all. For contrast, here's a personal experience:

A year or so earlier I was on the decks in PAC. It was after Christmas, and Winter Wonderland was being dismantled. There were only a couple of people there at this time. I walked out onto a flat piece of plywood flooring, 12' above the concrete ground. I had stood in the middle of this the previous day. This time, the support under it had been almost entirely removed, and it collapsed. I ended up landing on my back 12 feet below. The heavy plywood sheet, one corner down, missed me.

It was a very interesting experience, one I can't fully explain. It really was 12', as I measured it. That is a long way to fall onto concrete and land on your back. I was pretty relaxed as I fell, just the way it turned out, not that I had trained in how to fall or anything. My body went smack and my head hadn't hit yet. I knew it would SMASH into the ground. It went bump — I hardly felt it at all. That was really strange. And you know how you stub your toe, say, and there's that sickening half second before the pain registers, when you know it's going to hurt like hell but it hasn't quite got there yet? So I sort of flinched and waited for the pain from the broken legs and arms to register . . . nothing happened. I cautiously wriggled my extremities and everything felt OK and nothing hurt.

I lay there for a minute getting my bearings, then slowly rolled over and stood up. By this time one of the others had arrived. She was an auditor and saying nothing. I told her she could speak as it was fine, I wasn't anaten at all. She still kept her mouth shut for about ten minutes.

I had the most amazing bruises on my back, all colours of the rainbow, and it was tender for a bit, but no obvious permanent damage, or internal bleeding etc. I got a touch assist, whoopee. But no x-ray, or doctor visit, or any interest whatsoever. That was much more like the normal CofS reaction to injury. I think what annoyed me the most was not the lack of attention to the physical injuries but the lack of care regarding the criminal negligence of whoever had left that unsupported flooring like that, an accident just waiting to happen.

Paul

This is why it would be a good reason to have OSHA inspections of CofS construction sites.

Does that ever happen?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
This is why it would be a good reason to have OSHA inspections of CofS construction sites.

Does that ever happen?

Dunno, but I never heard of one. They do have required official code inspectors doing their thing during construction, though. I've sometimes seen those guys checking firewalls and stuff.

Paul

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors

Does that ever happen?

I agree. OSA should be in charge of safety on Church construction sites. This would be good practice for them in determining what's real and what isn't.
And while they're looking out for your physical safety, they can keep a (blind) eye on your spritual safety.
Makes sense to me! :yes:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I agree. OSA should be in charge of safety on Church construction sites. This would be good practice for them in determining what's real and what isn't.
And while they're looking out for your physical safety, they can keep a (blind) eye on your spritual safety.
Makes sense to me! :yes:

If OSA was in charge of the safety of Paul's construction site, after his accident they would say that he was just a "janitor" and did not have clearance to walk out on to that plywood that fell.

Then, if he or his family sued, they would say that it was not a Scn construction site and Paul was obviously an SP for falling- just so that he could sue the Church of Scientology.

Was Lisa McPherson a construction worker for the CofS?