What's new

Am I clear? The DCSI and the CCRD

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I'm still curious about just how big a deal it was, that many people independently came to the same "cognition", even just theoretically. Was it really so independent, or was the Clear cognition all but spoon-fed to everyone by the materials?

Pre-internet it was independent. It was a huge (declarable) offense for anyone to spoon-feed the cognition to anyone and it just wasn't done. I can't say that it never ever happened, but it certainly wasn't common at all and the prohibition wasn't given mere lip-service nudge nudge.

Paul

Veda

Sponsor
Pre-internet it was independent. It was a huge (declarable) offense for anyone to spoon-feed the cognition to anyone and it just wasn't done. I can't say that it never ever happened, but it certainly wasn't common at all and the prohibition wasn't given mere lip-service nudge nudge.

Paul

Is there a link to both the Dianetic Clear Special Intensive, and the Clear Certainty Rundown?

I recall reading one or the other - it's stored away in box somewhere right now - years ago, and it had one leading question after another leading question. I was surprised at how obviously suggestive the questions were. However, perhaps that changed, when it was decided that, having already looted the Missions, and having thoroughly centralized Scientology, oodles of dubious "Dianetic Clears" weren't any longer needed for "PR and marketing" purposes.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Is there a link to both the Dianetic Clear Special Intensive, and the Clear Certainty Rundown?

I recall reading one or the other - it's stored away in box somewhere right now - years ago, and it had one leading question after another leading question. I was surprised at how obviously suggestive the questions were. However, perhaps that changed, when it was decided that, having already looted the Missions, and having thoroughly centralized Scientology, oodles of dubious "Dianetic Clears" weren't any longer needed for "PR and marketing" purposes.

I don't recall ever seeing a DCSI or CCRD checksheet or pack online. A 1978 Clear HCOB (or two?) yes, but the courses, no.

Paul

Gib

Crusader
Just how much of an insight was the 'Clear cognition'? Is it kind of obvious, by the time you get near it, that the whole thing (up to that point) is leading up to this big reveal about mocking up one's own bank? Or is it really this out-of-the-blue epiphany, unhinted-at, unsuspected until it arrives?

Either way, I take Paul's point from a while ago, that the point wasn't supposed to be just adopting this theoretical concept, but attaining the practical ability to stop doing the otherwise ongoing "mocking up". I can see how that practical ability would be a whole different ball of wax from the theory alone — in theory. I'm not convinced that anyone has really attained that practical ability, of consciously controlling their unconscious reactions.

I'm still curious about just how big a deal it was, that many people independently came to the same "cognition", even just theoretically. Was it really so independent, or was the Clear cognition all but spoon-fed to everyone by the materials?

Here's how I look at it.

Forget about all the nonsense (pretended technology of the mind) between 1950 and now.

Let's go back to Hubbard's claim of "clearing" 270 people prior to the release of Dianetics,

you know, his research leading up to Dianetics, in which he said he "cleared" 270 people and tested them for neurosis, psychosis, and whatever else flapping lips said.

Those 270 "clears" sure would be great PR & Marketing material if it were true he "cleared" 270 people using the methods of Dianetics auditing.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

And what's amazing is the folks who got in, in the 1950 Dianetics book wave of reaching the charts, didn't question the same thing, namely who are these 270 people, and can I met one?

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

ps. I fell for it. :laugh:

pps. Apparently some of the folks, or many of the folks, from the 1950 book boom, did question it, and got a no answer, and thus left.

Re: Am I clear? The DCI and the CCRD

Mine was 2143 in July, 1969, so yours would've been larger than that. Not much larger, tho. They were'nt churning Clears out in bulk until 1978.

Maybe it was like 2243?.I went clear in feb or Mar of 70 at Aola. Such bright happy people back then.

Mimsey

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
One thing I can't figure out: There is no such thing as a Reactive Mind. It doesn't exist. Does that mean everyone is Clear or nobody is Clear?

Nobody has a Reactive Mind but then nobody "got rid of" their Reactive Mind. Hmmm?

Gib

Crusader
One thing I can't figure out: There is no such thing as a Reactive Mind. It doesn't exist. Does that mean everyone is Clear or nobody is Clear?

Nobody has a Reactive Mind but then nobody "got rid of" their Reactive Mind. Hmmm?

sums it up. LOL

You have a bump on your arm. It's a misguito bite.

You have a pain in your leg, it's your reactive mind.

LOL

Hubbard assigned the "significance" before you did.

You feel depressed, it's your reactive mind.

You are upset, it's your reactive mind.

You can't climb a wall, it's your reactive mind.

You can't talk to everybody, it's your reactive mind.

All assigning "signicance" or being non-clear,
before the person hisself does. LOL

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Just how much of an insight was the 'Clear cognition'? Is it kind of obvious, by the time you get near it, that the whole thing (up to that point) is leading up to this big reveal about mocking up one's own bank? Or is it really this out-of-the-blue epiphany, unhinted-at, unsuspected until it arrives?

Either way, I take Paul's point from a while ago, that the point wasn't supposed to be just adopting this theoretical concept, but attaining the practical ability to stop doing the otherwise ongoing "mocking up". I can see how that practical ability would be a whole different ball of wax from the theory alone — in theory. I'm not convinced that anyone has really attained that practical ability, of consciously controlling their unconscious reactions.

I think it's a subliminal effect of not being able to protest, not willing to be overrun again and have to pay for the cleanup. I think people arrived at the cognition as a survival mechanism.

I think what happens is that one gets so indoctrinated while getting dianetics auditing that at some point they realize they are done with it, done with dealing with mock ups, done with going over things in minute detail... that maybe at some point they realize that they can't see the bank they were auditing away at because it's gone... that maybe they have mocked up a lot of shit, including their bank. I am sure this would cause an FN and a smile in anyone because its a nice way to move up to the next bridge step to try and achieve promises not previously attained. Always looking forward to the next level to accomplish what the last level failed to accomplish.

In retrospect, this is what I feel happened to me.

I think it's a subliminal effect of not being able to protest, not willing to be overrun again and have to pay for the cleanup. I think people arrived at the cognition as a survival mechanism.

I think what happens is that one gets so indoctrinated while getting dianetics auditing that at some point they realize they are done with it, done with dealing with mock ups, done with going over things in minute detail... that maybe at some point they realize that they can't see the bank they were auditing away at because it's gone... that maybe they have mocked up a lot of shit, including their bank. I am sure this would cause an FN and a smile in anyone because its a nice way to move up to the next bridge step to try and achieve promises not previously attained. Always looking forward to the next level to accomplish what the last level failed to accomplish.

In retrospect, this is what I feel happened to me.

What happened to me when I achieved that state was this - I was getting a session, and we were running an operation ( removing glass from my arm and stitching me up after a car accident ) and I realized it should hurt ( I was not given anesthetics since I was in shock ) because he was using a needle and thread to sew up the cuts. So I put some pain there and it hurt like the dickens. I saw my creating the pain back then in session - and realized I was mocking it up. There was a big release of energy, and the auditor, glancing at the meter suddenly looked startled.

We ended soon there after, and I went out and was walking around the org, and everything had a warm brownish cast, but more surprising, as I was talking to people, ( I have one person particularly in mind ) I could see the micro expressions on his face that translated into my seeing/knowing what he was thinking.

This was back in 69. It was well before the Dianetic clear days, so no one had a clue what happened. Later in the year I went to LA and did R-6EW through OT7 ep, including the Clearing Course. That was a whole other story, one that revolves around much redoing of the bridge to get abilities I felt I should have and didn't.

Mimsey