What's new

Amanda Palmer Dramatically Answers Questions About Her Connection to Scientology

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Great article and terrific comments here:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runni...bters_about_her_connection_to_scientology.php

Right about that same time, Palmer was also making news for taking her career in a bold new direction -- unmoored from her record label, she is releasing a new album the indie way, and launched a Kickstarter project to fund production of it. With an initial goal of $100,000, the project is nearing a million dollars from almost 20,000 contributors.

Despite our story that Palmer had showed up to pay homage to Bornstein -- whose book is largely about how she managed to escape from a life in Scientology -- there's been some chatter on the Internet about Palmer, her husband Neil Gaiman, their connections to Scientology, and whether her Kickstarter project was somehow connected to, or would in some way fund, the controversial church. After the jump, see her dramatic answer to that question.

StickbyMe

Patron with Honors
Am I the only one who can't stand her? Her voice sounds like razors in my ears. And I'm not impressed by her tits either.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Am I the only one who can't stand her? Her voice sounds like razors in my ears. And I'm not impressed by her tits either.

I was unable to detect any talent or entertainment value. Have switched to listening to the sound of a rusty hinge whilst eating very dry and flavourless crackers.

StickbyMe

Patron with Honors
Although she would fit right in in the church. The number of horrible singers that were louded as being incredible artists... It was would be worth being declared to never have to hear Jeannie Deva sing at another event.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
So lets look at the facts
1) There is internet chatter about her possible Scientology connections.
2) She no longer has a recording contract.
3) She is 'requesting' money from fans to fund kickstarting her career.
4) She has to convince the fans funding her that none of the money goes to Scientology.
5) She is posting naked pictures of herself on the internet.

This is an Anonymous success story. It has tits and Scientology career suicide.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Your preference brings Sarah Brightman to mind.

Mark A. Baker

Ooh, yah!!

I was watching PBS one night a few years ago and Brightman was giving a concert. So at first I was like, wow, how gorgeous, then after several minutes, I dunno...it just got super monotonous.