What's new

Amy From ESK Is Going To Be On TV!

byte301

Crusader
Originally Posted by Amy from ESK
I am doing a show that airs August 19th on WEtv (Women's Entertainment) at 10/9C. It is called Secret Lives of Women and is concentrating on "Extreme Beliefs". My segment is on Scientology and what I have been going through due to their disconnection policy. Our very own Jenna (one of my very bestest friends!) and also my husband Nicholai also make appearances!

You can check out the website and my blog here:

Secret Lives of Women - WEtv.com

I don't have access to any of the other sites, so please spread the word and re-post wherever you can!

Thank you for posting that byte. :thumbsup:

Question:

I only started reading about all this within the last few weeks. I never knew much about the Co$ before that. I only knew about the Dianetics book when I was in my youth, as I saw the commercials and picked up a book in the early 80's. I read through a couple of chapters and realized it was interesting but not something I wanted to involve myself in personally. It made some interesting points, but, I didn't buy into the whole engram thing.

Do you think the news is becoming more available than it was before the Anonymous movement? I recall that there were some magazine articles about 20 years ago, but, it seems most people didn't want to talk about it much. Is this all because of the Tom Cruise crazy factor, or Anonymous or can you think of some other reason why it seems regular media is starting to want to cover Co$??

I found the information through a fairly recent political blog posting. I'm glad I followed the links and learned all I have. I've been reading all about this for weeks now and I am seriously pissed that the things which have been happening are not more well known. I hope these tragedies are brought to light very soon. We need daylight to shine forth and put an end to this whole heartbreaking mess. I intend to be a part of that.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Since you say you're fairly new to this, I'd like to suggest a read that will give you a good insight to the 'mind' of Scientology.

Margery Wakefield's 'The Road to Xenu'.

It's dated and not about the 'current' scene, but, it's also a very good way for a never-been to get some 'reality' on the subject and how it affects the believers.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/xenu/

Zinj

Thank you Zinj, I'll check it out.

Question: I ran into a link recently for csu.edu and I was sort of afraid of where that link might lead to. What sort of organization is that? I realize it's a university of some sort, but, I am very careful of what sites I go on as I don't want my IP to show up in certain places as a result of all this stuff. I am assuming my IP is safe here. I have my email info set to "no members send to me". Is my IP safe? :unsure:

asagai

Patron Meritorious
Go Amy! :thumbsup:

Welcome "Conc." :)

The news has really spread since the start of 2008. The Tom Cruise video and CofS censorship of it being played on YouTube caused Anonymous to spring up in protest.

Anonymous and Ex-scientologists combined (a somewhat stange union, that bemused both parties to some extent!) to publically protest against the cult's abuses every month since February.

Stories of child exploitation, enforced abortions, slave labour, disconnection of friends and families, degredation of members, harassment of critics, etc have been put in the public domain thanks to websites like this and the work of Anonymous.

The press have become aware of these things largely through the protests and Internet videos released by Anonymous and ex-scientologists. People are speaking out more and more.

Yes the light of truth is being shone into the murky corners of the abusive cult and it will not be able to withstand the inspection! You are welcome to join us and if you need any information as to what you can do, you only have to ask. :)

asagai

Patron Meritorious
Thank you Zinj, I'll check it out.

Question: I ran into a link recently for csu.edu and I was sort of afraid of where that link might lead to. What sort of organization is that? I realize it's a university of some sort, but, I am very careful of what sites I go on as I don't want my IP to show up in certain places as a result of all this stuff. I am assuming my IP is safe here. I have my email info set to "no members send to me". Is my IP safe? :unsure:

csu.edu is the website of Chicago State University. :)

While some care is wise, please realise one of the main weapons the CofS has used over the years is fear. They have used it against members, former members and critics.

It is a tricky thing to play, the balance between sensible caution and being inhibited by fear of a bully. There are plenty here who can advise you.

Emma, are you there to reassure "conc" over IP addresses?

If you don't hear from her Conc, just send her a Private Message (top right hand corner of the webpages)

Zinjifar

csu.edu is the website of Chicago State University. :)

While some care is wise, please realise one of the main weapons the CofS has used over the years is fear. They have used it against members, former members and critics.

It is a tricky thing to play, the balance between sensible caution and being inhibited by fear of a bully. There are plenty here who can advise you.

Emma, are you there to reassure "conc" over IP addresses?

If you don't hear from her Conc, just send her a Private Message (top right hand corner of the webpages)

it's actually CMU, Carnegie Melon and the site is Dr. Dave Tourtetzky's library of Scn related books.

Dave is a well known Scientology critic and a neuroscientist.

the 'CS' in front of CMU is for the computer science dept.

Zinj

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
You will not go wrong with Dave. Him and Rick Ross are the big tunas. And Jacobsen too.

Thank you. I'll check it out.

My first exposure came from a link to Jeff Hawkins' Counterfeit Dreams and I decided to learn more. I was amazed at what I've learned recently. It's heartbreaking.

As for the fear factor, I'm not one to be afraid. I'm just asking for extra precautionary measure as I would rather not be hassled if I can avoid it. The church can do nothing to me, I have nothing to take, and I don't follow authoritarian direction very well. I am not breaking any laws, so, they're going to have a hard time creating any fear in me. I'm the kind that when I'm pushed, I only push back harder. They will not get very far with me. :grouch:

asagai

Patron Meritorious
it's actually CMU, Carnegie Melon and the site is Dr. Dave Tourtetzky's library of Scn related books.

Dave is a well known Scientology critic and a neuroscientist.

the 'CS' in front of CMU is for the computer science dept.

Zinj

Huh? :confused2:

No idea what you are talking about. Conc asked about CSU.EDU

asagai

Patron Meritorious
Thank you. I'll check it out.

My first exposure came from a link to Jeff Hawkins' Counterfeit Dreams and I decided to learn more. I was amazed at what I've learned recently. It's heartbreaking.

As for the fear factor, I'm not one to be afraid. I'm just asking for extra precautionary measure as I would rather not be hassled if I can avoid it. The church can do nothing to me, I have nothing to take, and I don't follow authoritarian direction very well. I am not breaking any laws, so, they're going to have a hard time creating any fear in me. I'm the kind that when I'm pushed, I only push back harder. They will not get very far with me. :grouch:

Good for you Conc! :thumbsup:

Sensible precautions are sensible. :)

It was my mistake, I saw the cs and the cmu and transposed them. My brain does that sort of funny twisting of terms sometimes. Apologies for the confusion.

Zinjifar

It was my mistake, I saw the cs and the cmu and transposed them. My brain does that sort of funny twisting of terms sometimes. Apologies for the confusion.

That's kinda what I thought. You can put your nomex suit back in the closet for now :)

Zinj

byte301

Crusader
I wouldn't go on a $cientology site without a proxy. It has been said that they log ips and that kind of stuff.

If you register at other sites that are anti-$cientology it would be good to use a different nick at each one.

Try to remain as anonymous as much as possible. Don't make it easy for them to track you. You may not be afraid of them but by doing this you give them more work and that costs them money!

Zinjifar

I wouldn't go on a $cientology site without a proxy. It has been said that they log isps and that kind of stuff.

If you register at other sites that are anti-$cientology it would be good to use a different nick at each one.

Try to remain as anonymous as much as possible. Don't make it easy for them to track you. You may not be afraid of them but by doing this you give them more work and that costs them money!

Most of us don't care, but, there's some wisdom there.

One thing to *always* keep in mind is that, every dollar the 'Church' has to do to 'investigate' you is a dollar not spent on attacking someone more vulnerable.

Make it expensive.

Zinj

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Every site you visit logs your IP address. ESMB is no different. But only I have access to those logs. Nobody sees your IP address except me.

To get those logs someone would have sue me or my hosting company and subpoena them. This is why we are careful to avoid posting anything that could get us in legal trouble.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Byte,

Excellent :thumbsup: If they're going to take calls, I make sure we have
an agreement ahead of time that IF Scientology/OSA tries to "Spam" their
network, (Obviously just calling as "regular callers", but they are known by their
messages or non-messages)---they will just click them off. (I used to work in that area, and we
would call and call ...trying to clog up the lines so no "Critics" could get on,
or ask stupid questions to you get off your topic).

I've found stations are very
fair on this, IF you warn them ahead of time.

Good luck! :happydance:

Tory/Magoo~~

byte301

Crusader
Byte,

Excellent :thumbsup: If they're going to take calls, I make sure we have
an agreement ahead of time that IF Scientology/OSA tries to "Spam" their
network, (Obviously just calling as "regular callers", but they are known by their
messages or non-messages)---they will just click them off. (I used to work in that area, and we
would call and call ...trying to clog up the lines so no "Critics" could get on,
or ask stupid questions to you get off your topic).

I've found stations are very
fair on this, IF you warn them ahead of time.

Good luck! :happydance:

Tory/Magoo~~

Thanks Tory,

Good to see you here! How's it going? You need to come hang with us more often. We're very friendly as long as Emma doesn't try to dress us in pink!:D