What's new

An Active Scientologist is Doing an Q&A right now!

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
This exchange does come across as a kind of "PR handling" as opposed to an honest discussion. I believe Karen1 pointed out that some of these Mods are former staff and there are a number of well known critics on one of the Mod's FB Friends list. This includes Chris Shelton. I would like to be able to say that these people are feral Scientologists who have never been domesticated under the authoritarian thumb of the church but if they have been on staff and know enough to be in contact with Karen and Chris then they cannot be naive to the abuses. My guess is that they are walking a fine line between bringing down the iron fist of the church upon themselves or turning people off vs trying to get people involved with the Independent movement.

It does appear OSAish, but whereas OSA wants to create a positive PR world for the COS, these people appear to be trying to create a positive PR world for people to go to them instead of the COS.

At some point diplomacy has to develop between the various groups who oppose the COS or DM and OSA will benefit from a divide and conquer strategy. I don't know enough about the Indie movement to have a strong opinion but I do trust Karen and Chris so for the interim I personally would respect their lead.

If this was an Indie thread - they have a weird way of promoting their Indie movement. Seems like Holdingcorners is promoting the Church of Scientology and Indie's are allowed to be the MODS.

I don't understand the purpose of this at all.

The thread died so who cares now.

Goal accomplished. Suppressing Dissemination.:happydance:

Last edited:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
And isn't that better than being a goose stepping fanatic?

We were all "Kates" at one point and our ignorance and enthusiasm kept the cult going.

When I first got in and did some services - I would say to staff - I don't understand why people are not coming in and I was sincere.

It is the innocent ones that don't know - who keep Scientology Working by convincing the older ones that "it works".

A vicious circle jerk of sorts.

Last edited:

bromo

Patron with Honors
Kate's "story" never rang true to me. As a never in, I realize there are many things I do not know or understand. But sometimes if something just seems off, well, it really is.

Hypatia

Pagan
If this was an Indie thread - they have a weird way of promoting their Indie movement. Seems like Holdingcorners is promoting the Church of Scientology and Indie's are allowed to be the MODS.

I don't understand the purpose of this at all.

The thread died so who cares now.

Goal accomplished. Suppressing Dissemination.:happydance:

I had the impression that there's a mix of mods.

(sounds like one of those bevey flock things, like: Herd of cattle, pack of dogs, flock of birds, incredulity of Scientologists, mix of mods, doesn't it).

Why not post something there asking? Just a thought.

Jump

Operating teatime
I had the impression that there's a mix of mods.

(sounds like one of those bevey flock things, like: Herd of cattle, pack of dogs, flock of birds, incredulity of Scientologists, mix of mods, doesn't it).

Why not post something there asking? Just a thought.

Or a gullibility of scientologists, an asylum of scientologists, a proptosis of scientologists, a hive of scientologists, a denial of scientologists, ...

:carryon: