What's new

An Active Scientologist is Doing an Q&A right now!

Hypatia

Pagan
Can you explain this? What is the purpose of the post and who is Esther, the Mod?

I am not getting this and feel I have had too much :bong:

The Scientology whatsis sub board in Reddit has four mods. Esther is one of them. That leaves three others. Each has their own screen name and DNA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Can you explain this? What is the purpose of the post and who is Esther, the Mod?

I am not getting this and feel I have had too much :bong:

Sure. She's a scientologist. She's a well-intentioned, good-hearted lady according to all who know her personally. She holds to a Belief System, scientology, which some people disagree with. Putting that disagreement aside, she's not the enemy. The enemy is the rapacious criminal enterprise masquerading as a religion, the Church Of Scientology.

Just my opinion. :)

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sure. She's a scientologist. She's a well-intentioned, good-hearted lady according to all who know her personally. She holds to a Belief System, scientology, which some people disagree with. Putting that disagreement aside, she's not the enemy. The enemy is the rapacious criminal enterprise masquerading as a religion, the Church Of Scientology.

Just my opinion. :)

Okay - I see. But why not say that. The thread is stupid and no questions are really answered with a full comm cycle.

Strange answers.

Good - no one will go into Scientology due to that thread.

bromo

Patron with Honors
The conversational written word is a funny thing. Several of you seemed to understand that Knows meant that Reddit itself could be/was OSA and you may have been correct. I took it to mean that the person answering the questions could be/was OSA not that Reddit was OSA.

My idea after reading the answers to the questions, was that it of the same sort that sometimes turns up here. Someone into scientology, who answers questions in the same way, but doesn't have to go along with the rules of scientology like that rest of you did in order to be able to stay on course. Whether that is OSA or not, I have no idea, but the answers appear disingenuous to me, as the posts of which I am reminded of here often do. I may not post much, but I read lots (introverted even on message boards!) and this is what is true for me. ;)

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Okay - I see. But why not say that. ....
I sort of assumed that most people here would know what I meant. I don't mind clarifying when asked but, generally speaking, I like to keep my comments short and sweet. :)

FTR, I don't think any of the Reddit scientology group mods are actually OSAbots.
(But that opinion is based solely on what I've read there and what I know of Esther.)

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
The conversational written word is a funny thing. Several of you seemed to understand that Knows meant that Reddit itself could be/was OSA and you may have been correct. I took it to mean that the person answering the questions could be/was OSA not that Reddit was OSA.

My idea after reading the answers to the questions, was that it of the same sort that sometimes turns up here. Someone into scientology, who answers questions in the same way, but doesn't have to go along with the rules of scientology like that rest of you did in order to be able to stay on course. Whether that is OSA or not, I have no idea, but the answers appear disingenuous to me, as the posts of which I am reminded of here often do. I may not post much, but I read lots (introverted even on message boards!) and this is what is true for me. ;)

If someone doesn't have to go along with the rules of scientology to stay on course they are what Hubbard called "Mrs. Pattycake".

In other words they are not really scientologists, they are just dabbling in it.

Hubbard says these people have to be turned into scientologists but it seems like this one on Reddit is just a "dilettante" (another Hubbard term).

The only problem I can see with this is that people like her don't know what the CofS is really like and therefore they can give a false impression of it to non-scientologists.

Veda

Sponsor
The Scientology whatsis sub board in Reddit has four mods. Esther is one of them. That leaves three others. Each has their own screen name and DNA.

I'm not that familiar with Reddit.

Does 'Mod' have some different meaning over at Reddit?

Aren't the questions - and puzzlement - about the responses of the person posting as 'Holdingcorners'?

Is the person who consented to have her Facebook page linked, and is also involved in the Las Vegas Freezone convention, this 'Holdingcorners' person? Is that what's being said?

Very vague and confusing, almost as much as 'Holdingcorners' responses about Scientology.

?

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you Bromo - I did not think Reddit was OSA but the "MODS" putting out the thread or whatever you call it - could have been OSA.

My point to Black Rob, which he did not seem to understand, is it seemed like OSA put this thread (for lack of a better word) about "Scientology" out on Reddit and was trying to illicit others to ask questions and then answer them to make Scientology look safe.

Tory Magoo talks about this type of behavior in her videos, which are very well done.

The Mods on that thread are dodging good questions, ignoring the crimes by the Church of Scientology, glossing over the "outpoints" like crazy, ignoring any questions that would make Scientology appear bad, wrong or negative, removing mosts posts that were "shining the light on Scientology", invalidating those that were harmed by Scientology by making statements like: "I think it is my responsibility for what happens to me in the Church" and won't tell anyone if they are in the Free Zone or Corporate Criminal Scientology Miscavige-ology. Make it seem like it is easy to not join staff, not join the IAS, not get fleeced beyond belief, not lose family and friends, not be mind fucked with the tech and not get trapped easily.

They appear to be Homo Novus....:whistling:

No one is asking any questions anymore so the thread died - much like Scientology. :happydance:

The RESULT:

It was a stat driven project by some Indie's (IMHO) for Thursday at 2.:biggrin:

AND After all of that - it simply is 4 Mods asking each other questions and waxing rave reviews whilst applying the "thought stopping" TECH and "disconnection" to anyone critical of their cult - so to convince each other Scientology Works.

Which is, by the way, SCIENTOLOLGY
. :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::hysterical::lol::wave:

Oh, and let's not forget: Fuck you OSA!!:p

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tory Magoo talks about this type of behavior in her videos, which are very well done.

The Mods on that thread are dodging good questions, ignoring the crimes by the Church of Scientology, glossing over the "outpoints" like crazy, ignoring any questions that would make Scientology appear bad, wrong or negative, removing mosts posts that were "shining the light on Scientology", invalidating those that were harmed by Scientology by making statements like: "I think it is my responsibility for what happens to me in the Church" and won't tell anyone if they are in the Free Zone or Corporate Criminal Scientology Miscavige-ology. Make it seem like it is easy to not join staff, not join the IAS, not get fleeced beyond belief, not lose family and friends, not be mind fucked with the tech and not get trapped easily.

This exchange does come across as a kind of "PR handling" as opposed to an honest discussion. I believe Karen1 pointed out that some of these Mods are former staff and there are a number of well known critics on one of the Mod's FB Friends list. This includes Chris Shelton. I would like to be able to say that these people are feral Scientologists who have never been domesticated under the authoritarian thumb of the church but if they have been on staff and know enough to be in contact with Karen and Chris then they cannot be naive to the abuses. My guess is that they are walking a fine line between bringing down the iron fist of the church upon themselves or turning people off vs trying to get people involved with the Independent movement.

It does appear OSAish, but whereas OSA wants to create a positive PR world for the COS, these people appear to be trying to create a positive PR world for people to go to them instead of the COS.

At some point diplomacy has to develop between the various groups who oppose the COS or DM and OSA will benefit from a divide and conquer strategy. I don't know enough about the Indie movement to have a strong opinion but I do trust Karen and Chris so for the interim I personally would respect their lead.

asteroid

Patron with Honors
There are a huge number of assumptions being made in this thread, most of them wrong.

The first is a lack of understanding of what reddit is. It's an ad-hoc collection of user-defined and -run communities. Hundreds, _thousands_ of them, on topics ranging from rabbits (e.g. http://www.reddit.com/r/Rabbits/) to /r/sewing to /r/corsets to /r/startledcats, not to mention news, baseball, atheism, books, linux, and just about anything else you can imagine. And beyond your imagination, I'm sure. Each has its own moderators with more-or-less levels of involvement and benevolent dictatorship, setting rules that they believe make sense, and enforcing them actively or capriciously. (Just as in any other online community.)

Since anyone can create a reddit on his own, sometimes communities get fragmented.

People post to the reddits (sometimes called subreddits) based on their own interests, either as text posts or links to other sites. The community moderates what is highlighted (and what might make it to the reddit home page) by upvoting and downvoting.

In the case of /r/scientology the rules are posted on the right-hand side, starting with:

Welcome to /r/scientology, a sub for discussing Scientology and the Church of Scientology. All are welcome. Please keep in mind that this sub is open to Scientologists, ex-Scientologists, and those who have never been in but who are interested in Scientology as an organization or as a religion. As such: Please be respectful.

The sidebar also lists the moderators, which in this case (it's optional) includes "flair" to identify affiliations:
illuminatedwax
sfacets
Echo1883 Mod, ex-staff
freezoneandproud Mod, Freezone
excultist Mod, ex-staff
moikederp Mod, Independent Critic

Additionally:

* Judging the purpose of the reddit based on a single post is as silly as judging esmb based on any random post here. Scanning the rest of the current posts would make it clear that this is not a pro-Scientology group. Most of the participants are strongly Ex, and unafraid to voice that opinion.

* The person who posted that AMA is not a mod. It would say [mod] if he were.

* It is obvious to the most casual observer that the person who wrote that AMA is OSA (or 95% certainly so). That doesn't keep people from being polite and respectful even as they challenge his assertions, knowledge, or opinions. It isn't necessary to shout, "You are wrong!" for a lurker to reach the conclusion that a poster is in error (intentionally or otherwise).

I recommend that you explore reddit in general and the sub in particular before you jump to conclusions.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not that familiar with Reddit.

Does 'Mod' have some different meaning over at Reddit?

Aren't the questions - and puzzlement - about the responses of the person posting as 'Holdingcorners'?

Is the person who consented to have her Facebook page linked, and is also involved in the Las Vegas Freezone convention, this 'Holdingcorners' person? Is that what's being said?

Very vague and confusing, almost as much as 'Holdingcorners' responses about Scientology.

?

The Mods on REDDIT are more in the role of answering questions.
Remember "Dear Abby" in the newspapers ? The lovelorn and lonely seeking advice ?
That kind of thing.

Scientology Incs abhorrent violence and abuse, terrorism tactics, thuggery, makes it known as the Frankenstein of :::::::ahem:::::::*Religions*

This is a storm in a teacup as they say it Britain.

I am sure that not one single person will move towards the "Cherch' no matter what a Reddit mod says or doesn't say.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
After reading the blog/thread on Reddit again in a "new unit in time" :biggrin: - it just reeks of OSA responses.

Anyone else see that?

What is the purpose for Esther to be a Mod - who is a Free Zoner?

What is the purpose of the blog/thread except it is Thursday and OSA needs to hand in stats.

From what others have reported - OSA Bots: "Holdingcorner's and Muranternet's are friends with some exes and free zoners. Infiltrating the various groups outside of the cult to get names and info....:coolwink:
Who is HOLDINGCORNER'S and MURANTERNET? There's your BOT's.

Names of those two please?

Hypatia

Pagan
Reddit sub forums have mods and it has people who post stuff. If the person can't be found where it lists the mods, then they're just some guy or woman posting whatever comment.

Trying to find out who they are would be about as easy as finding the identity behind anyone anywhere who uses a screen name.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I'm not that familiar with Reddit. Does 'Mod' have some different meaning over at Reddit? Aren't the questions - and puzzlement - about the responses of the person posting as 'Holdingcorners'?

Holdingcorners is gone (for now) ... posted yesterday.. "Thanks so much to everyone for asking questions here. I won't be answering any questions or making additional comment here in this thread. It has been an enjoyable experience exchanging ideas and recognizing others' viewpoints. Thank you again!"

https://www.reddit.com/user/holdingcorners

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
... and who could blame him/her? These "real scientologists answer your questions and/or engage in Q & A" things NEVER go well, just Ask Kate! :biggrin: