What's new

An explanation.

Imsorry

Hello, a few months back I was here defending my parents. I'm not going to say their names. I just wanted to state I am sorry about that. I wanted to state that my brother was being truthful for the most part (we all get a little hazy with memories sometimes). I was just too scared to admit the truth. The truth that my parents are very mentally sick and paranoid people. I do think their hearts are in the right place, and all they want is to do good for this world. However, they eventually turned on me after I was finally honest with myself, and I told them I didn't believe some of the things they were stating. Really, my parents decided to disconnect from me because I refused to believe the lie that they were never Scientologists. They also disconnected from me, because I didn't want to devote my life to unveiling conspiracy theories with them. They stated they would never be proud of me or approve of me unless I were to do that. Let's just get this straight, my parents were Scientologists. Sure, maybe they didn't always like going to church functions, but by no means were they spies. My parents are now holed up in their house and are no longer talking to three of their five children. Maybe four of the five. Unfortunately, I didn't want to believe my parents were that crazy back then, and I was even lying to myself a bit back then as well. Anyway, I want nothing to do with this world. I want nothing to do with any of you. However, I know that this is something that needed to be made right.

Thanks for understanding.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Really, my parents decided to disconnect from me because I refused to believe the lie that they were never Scientologists.

Sometimes, it's less hassle to just humor people, if the humoring does not involve going along with dangerous or harmful stuff.

JustSheila

Crusader
Hello, a few months back I was here defending my parents. I'm not going to say their names. I just wanted to state I am sorry about that. I wanted to state that my brother was being truthful for the most part (we all get a little hazy with memories sometimes). I was just too scared to admit the truth. The truth that my parents are very mentally sick and paranoid people. I do think their hearts are in the right place, and all they want is to do good for this world. However, they eventually turned on me after I was finally honest with myself, and I told them I didn't believe some of the things they were stating. Really, my parents decided to disconnect from me because I refused to believe the lie that they were never Scientologists. They also disconnected from me, because I didn't want to devote my life to unveiling conspiracy theories with them. They stated they would never be proud of me or approve of me unless I were to do that. Let's just get this straight, my parents were Scientologists. Sure, maybe they didn't always like going to church functions, but by no means were they spies. My parents are now holed up in their house and are no longer talking to three of their five children. Maybe four of the five. Unfortunately, I didn't want to believe my parents were that crazy back then, and I was even lying to myself a bit back then as well. Anyway, I want nothing to do with this world. I want nothing to do with any of you. However, I know that this is something that needed to be made right.

Hi Imsorry,
I don't remember your original post here defending your parents and this looks like your first post on ESMB. What was your other login name then?

Without your original posts, this post of yours isn't making a whole lot of sense to me so it would be helpful if you could provide that info, thanks.

Good luck to you.

Imsorry

Hi Imsorry,
I don't remember your original post here defending your parents and this looks like your first post on ESMB. What was your other login name then?

Without your original posts, this post of yours isn't making a whole lot of sense to me so it would be helpful if you could provide that info, thanks.

Good luck to you.

My brother is Tom. I can't remember my old SN. I can say my parent's first names are Mike and Virginia.

JustSheila

Crusader
Thanks, Imsorry. Please feel free to edit your post (click on "edit post" below the post) and delete the names from the post you just wrote. (I know how touchy they can be and you don't need the hassle).

I remember you and I remember that thread.

I don't think anyone here was upset with you, but I'm glad you are seeing things more clearly. We all just wanted you and your brother to be able to get on with your lives and have some happiness and peace for yourselves.

You did what you thought was right and best at the time. There was never any need to apologize, but it's nice of you to do that anyway. You're pretty cool. I hope you have everything you want in life. You're young, you can do it. :thumbsup: The past is the past.

:bighug: :grouphug:

Imsorry

Thanks, Imsorry. Please feel free to edit your post (click on "edit" below the post) and delete the names from the post you just wrote. (I know how touchy they can be and you don't need the hassle).

I remember you and I remember that thread.

I don't think anyone here was upset with you, but I'm glad you are seeing things more clearly. We all just wanted you and your brother to be able to get on with your lives and have some happiness and peace for yourselves.

You did what you thought was right and best at the time. There was never any need to apologize, but it's nice of you to do that anyway. You're pretty cool. I hope you have everything you want in life. You're young, you can do it. :thumbsup: The past is the past.

:bighug: :grouphug:

Thank you for that. I just felt badly that I threw my brother under the bus like that. I was just trying to get their approval. However, I'm done with that. I can't lie to myself anymore. It was really hard at first to take that first step, but I'm glad I did. I just wish there was a way to help them. They are shutting off from all of their children because none of us are going along with it anymore.

I just don't want the last name on here. Mainly because it's my last name as well. I guess I need to stop worrying about what they'll do to me if I don't do what they want.

I just wanted to clear that up here, because I was rather rude to a couple people that did not really deserve it.

Oh, and they think I'm an agent now. It's really sad.

JustSheila

Crusader
Well I hope you and Tom can work things out between you now. I'm sure he'd feel a lot better to have your support. :hug:

Your parents think everyone is an agent who disagrees with them. See this link: https://psychcentral.com/encyclopedia/paranoid-delusion/

Whatever you've done in the past to help your parents hasn't helped their condition. There may be nothing you can do about that, I don't know. Please ask a professional therapist to advise the best approach before you take any further action to try to support them. Delusional people can be psychologically harmful to others. It's too easy for you to get caught up in it again, and you MUST get on with having your own healthy life. You owe it to yourself.

Thanks for posting. I wish you and your brothers and sisters all the best and hope you will all one day be completely reunited outside Scientology.

Terril park

Sponsor
Thank you for that. I just felt badly that I threw my brother under the bus like that. I was just trying to get their approval. However, I'm done with that. I can't lie to myself anymore. It was really hard at first to take that first step, but I'm glad I did. I just wish there was a way to help them. They are shutting off from all of their children because none of us are going along with it anymore.

I just don't want the last name on here. Mainly because it's my last name as well. I guess I need to stop worrying about what they'll do to me if I don't do what they want.

I just wanted to clear that up here, because I was rather rude to a couple people that did not really deserve it.

Oh, and they think I'm an agent now. It's really sad.

I knew your parents probably better than anyone here.

They think almost everyone is an agent.

Spoke to your brother who I found to be charming.

Live and love and do as you wish. :)

Demented Hubbatd

Patron with Honors
Your parents are no longer Scientologists, although they might have had some connection to the cult in the past (I remember your original post). This means that they are no longer pressured by CoS to disconnect from you. My advice is to let bygones be bygones, and to try to establish normal relations with them.

JustSheila

Crusader
Your parents are no longer Scientologists, although they might have had some connection to the cult in the past (I remember your original post). This means that they are no longer pressured by CoS to disconnect from you. My advice is to let bygones be bygones, and to try to establish normal relations with them.

It seems you may not remember the thread that well, Demented Hubbatd. In fact, you were not even logged into ESMB as a member yourself while that thread was going on.

The problem was never really about disconnection so much as dealing with mental illness in family members and what type of family interaction is healthy and appropriate to all concerned.

Continual contact with unmedicated relatives suffering from serious mental illnesses can take a huge toll on carers and other family members' health and well being, as well as eat up their time and lives. It is particularly stressful and exhausting if the family members have no control over those with mental illness.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Continual contact with unmedicated relatives suffering from serious mental illnesses can take a huge toll on carers and other family members' health and well being, as well as eat up their time and lives. It is particularly stressful and exhausting if the family members have no control over those with mental illness.

I heartily concur.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

Uh, some people - on their own- continue to "use the tech" although they no longer consider themselves to be "in" scientology. Pressure from the scientology group is not required for some people to continue to have their thought processes dominated by still thinking with scientology.

Even here on ESMB it's not unusual to see every now & then someone who stills thinks like they are standing in the middle of an org & talk endlessly using cult speak.

For some, their ass is out of scientology but their head isn't ever going to be released from it.

Last edited:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Scientology is fucked up enough that most of us understand that family dynamics get destructive, and we see people engaging in public disputes at the lowest times in these fucked up situations. You don't owe me or anyone else an explanation, but the sentiment is appreciated.

I hope you can find peace.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Scientology is fucked up enough that most of us understand that family dynamics get destructive, and we see people engaging in public disputes at the lowest times in these fucked up situations. You don't owe me or anyone else an explanation, but the sentiment is appreciated.

I hope you can find peace.

Given that most - if not all - families tend to range from mild to severe dysfunction - then top that off with the inherit destructiveness of the cult & almost has to be a disaster !

Few families survive the cult intact.

One day I'm going to find some one thing good about that cult - I haven't found it in the last quarter of century looking.

Oh, the only good part is I'm out of the cult.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Uh, some people - on their own- continue to "use the tech" although they no longer consider themselves to be "in" scientology. Pressure from the scientology group is not required for some people to continue to have their thought processes dominated by still thinking with scientology.

Even here on ESMB it's not unusual to see every now & then someone who stills thinks like they are standing in the middle of an org & talk endlessly using cult speak.

For some, their ass is out of scientology but their head isn't ever going to be released from it.

Yes, and they may also be holding out a little vestige of hope that some day they will want to do services again and if they are going to have a shot at any spiritual enhancement or salvation they need to stay in good standing while wandering the virtual Scientology desert. That would include desperately avoiding SPs and entheta on the internet.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Yes, and they may also be holding out a little vestige of hope that some day they will want to do services again and if they are going to have a shot at any spiritual enhancement or salvation they need to stay in good standing while wandering the virtual Scientology desert. That would include desperately avoiding SPs and entheta on the internet.

As you note, there are people who think that everything would be wonderful if current management was "reformed", and thinks about ultimately going back. I thought like that for some years: unwilling to put up with the police state which Scn had turned into, but not yet ready to walk away entirely.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

- and scientology has about as much to do with spiritual enhancement or salvation as a bottle of snake oil.

There are ways one help can help themselves & the works scientology are only good if one wants to use as kindling to start a fire. Otherwise, it's useless.

Last edited: