What's new

An illustration of the mentality of today's CoS

dexter gelfand

Patron Meritorious
My first wife is still "in" the CoS, and thus remains a constant and pathetic source of amusement, and a perfect representation the extant cult mentality therein. We share a surviving son, and she has 2 older children from previous relationships, with whom she is basically estranged (they are not Scns). The following is given with permission of my 27 year old son, who appreciates my activity as an independent Scientologist, and rebuffs his mother's entreaties to "come talk to somebody at the org":

Last week he phoned me to share a laugh about his mother's calling him to make sure he "understands how serious this is- dad (me) was kicked out of the Church of Scientology last week". My son was sharing a good laugh with me about this, seeing as neither he nor I gave a rat's ass about such a thing, and knowing that its been about 20 years since I had any use for or involvement with the CoS. His mother routinely tries to discredit me to him, no matter how he's tried to make her understand that he finds this kind of talk "nuts" and irritating.

Today he called me to let me know he got a message from his older sister- she said that "Mom sent me an email, this is the first time she contacted me in 5 years, and all she said was 'Dexter was finally declared a suppressive person by the Church of Scientology'. What do I care about what the Church of Scientology does? That's all she had to say to me after 5 years, she's totally nuts"

While I'm very, very happy with my continuing activity as a practicing Scientologist, I can appreciate the work of those who actively protest against the cult. This is the effect they create on people. I regret that my son must experience a mother who behaves this way, who has no interest in her own children, other than to earn a few brownie points in the cult by trying to entrap them into it.

Beyond that, the other thing I'd like to say, specifically to the OSA trolls here, "Hey fellas, I'd sure like a copy of that "Suppressive Person Declare" on myself. Does anyone there have the cujones to send it to me?"

Love, Dex

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Not surprising but very amusing. But also very sad at the same time.
If only she could see from a different perspective just how fucking whacked that is.
And you don't even need to say a word to the kids about her...her whackedness speaks for itself.

An illustration of the mentality of today's CoS

240650_f248.jpg

There is no reason for anyone who can get on-line to still be involved with the cult.

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
My first wife is still "in" the CoS, and thus remains a constant and pathetic source of amusement, and a perfect representation the extant cult mentality therein. We share a surviving son, and she has 2 older children from previous relationships, with whom she is basically estranged (they are not Scns). The following is given with permission of my 27 year old son, who appreciates my activity as an independent Scientologist, and rebuffs his mother's entreaties to "come talk to somebody at the org":

Last week he phoned me to share a laugh about his mother's calling him to make sure he "understands how serious this is- dad (me) was kicked out of the Church of Scientology last week". My son was sharing a good laugh with me about this, seeing as neither he nor I gave a rat's ass about such a thing, and knowing that its been about 20 years since I had any use for or involvement with the CoS. His mother routinely tries to discredit me to him, no matter how he's tried to make her understand that he finds this kind of talk "nuts" and irritating.

Today he called me to let me know he got a message from his older sister- she said that "Mom sent me an email, this is the first time she contacted me in 5 years, and all she said was 'Dexter was finally declared a suppressive person by the Church of Scientology'. What do I care about what the Church of Scientology does? That's all she had to say to me after 5 years, she's totally nuts"

While I'm very, very happy with my continuing activity as a practicing Scientologist, I can appreciate the work of those who actively protest against the cult. This is the effect they create on people. I regret that my son must experience a mother who behaves this way, who has no interest in her own children, other than to earn a few brownie points in the cult by trying to entrap them into it.

Beyond that, the other thing I'd like to say, specifically to the OSA trolls here, "Hey fellas, I'd sure like a copy of that "Suppressive Person Declare" on myself. Does anyone there have the cujones to send it to me?"

Love, Dex

That*is* really wacky!! Good thing though Dexter, you have your son on your side. :thumbsup:

As for your declare, well, I wouldn't hold my breath:D

TP

Wisened One

Crusader

Wow. Yeah.

dexter gelfand

Patron Meritorious
That*is* really wacky!! Good thing though Dexter, you have your son on your side. :thumbsup:

As for your declare, well, I wouldn't hold my breath:D

TP

Thanks Tel, but I'd feel better for him if he wasn't pushed by that kind of attitude from his mother to one "side". He deserves better, as do all children. Here we have a "Church" that endorses, in fact demands such abusive behavior. Unfortunate and pathetic.

Love, Dex

freethinker

Sponsor
Dexter, report this abuse to CCHR. Seriously, it's a violation of Human Rights. When they don't do anyhting about it report that to proper authorities.

Love, Dex

dexter gelfand

Patron Meritorious
Thanks guys

My son is 27, and very uptone, responsible, successful and level-headed, despite enduring his mother's meshugana lifestyle, 2 tours of duty in Iraq and his brother's dying of cancer right in front of him. I'm quite proud of him. He's stronger and better than anyone or anything connected with the CoS. Its just that he deserves better.

Love, Dex

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
CoS trying to stir up the pot.... like they thought she could get something positive out of announcing this. :omg:

That 'comm lag' on the SP declare and the responses from the wise kids shows how little control CoS has.

Your comment about the protests is appreciated by many.

Best wishes to you and your family, Dexter.

Mary McConnell

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am sorry that your son has to go through this. Good for ya'll though for getting out.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
dexter gelfand said:
His mother routinely tries to discredit me to him...

I am glad that she hasn't been successful at this.

Just as a "heads up" for you (or FYI) you might want to do some internet reading on the subject of "Parental Alienation Syndrome".

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Thanks for posting this, Dex.
It *is* a perfect illustration of how warped some within the CofS have become.

Some?

Panda seriously, how many do you know at this time that do not disconnect from or consider someone who speaks out to be a heretic? Even the ones that don't, if they exist, only do so under the cover of good roads and cannot speak their truth, and that is a scientology warp that is far from new. :)

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Some?

Panda seriously, how many do you know at this time that do not disconnect from or consider someone who speaks out to be a heretic? Even the ones that don't, if they exist, only do so under the cover of good roads and cannot speak their truth, and that is a scientology warp that is far from new. :)
I hold out great hope for the ones I'm currently speaking with.
Not all CofS members are the same, in my opinion.
Dex's ex-wife displays a level of "warp" which I never did even when I was a dedicated scientologist.