What's new

An open letter to a former PC

I was doing my Class V internship at LA Day Org

You were starting your NED

Our last session you seemed to have had a big win and a cognition, I thought you
might have gone clear. Perhaps a
year later I ran into you at big blue someplace and you said yeah, you did, and
it was that last session, and you thanked me. Sure, no problem.

I was happy for you then, and I am happy for you now. I think your cognitions were
real and I hope they stay with you forever. Nothing should take your wins away
from you. That's why I'm writing this letter. Just because I myself now think
the CoS is a complete trap and a crock of lies is no reason for you to doubt
your wins. They are yours. Frankly, I don't think you are any more clear than me. I
attested just a few months after you did, and I am about as clear as a Soviet Mudkip.
But I'm keeping my wins (I am, however, going to hammer out my clear bracelet
and make it into some instrument parts because silver is getting dear these
days). You were smart. You're probably out now, I hope so. Stay happy, OK?

Has anyone seen my own reactive mind? I no longer have it. Oh, never mind, the cat's eaten it.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I was doing my Class V internship at LA Day Org

You were starting your NED

Our last session you seemed to have had a big win and a cognition, I thought you
might have gone clear. Perhaps a
year later I ran into you at big blue someplace and you said yeah, you did, and
it was that last session, and you thanked me. Sure, no problem.

I was happy for you then, and I am happy for you now. I think your cognitions were
real and I hope they stay with you forever. Nothing should take your wins away
from you. That's why I'm writing this letter. Just because I myself now think
the CoS is a complete trap and a crock of lies is no reason for you to doubt
your wins. They are yours. Frankly, I don't think you are any more clear than me. I
attested just a few months after you did, and I am about as clear as a Soviet Mudkip.
But I'm keeping my wins (I am, however, going to hammer out my clear bracelet
and make it into some instrument parts because silver is getting dear these
days). You were smart. You're probably out now, I hope so. Stay happy, OK?

Has anyone seen my own reactive mind? I no longer have it. Oh, never mind, the cat's eaten it.

That is both funny and sad.
Bless ya! :)

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I found a long, fibrous looking snake of an unappetizing consistencey on the rug this morning.

Was that youre reactive mind?

Or was the choking, retching sound from earlier this morning one of the cats attempting to read DMSMH with a straight face?

Zinj

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
....Or was the choking, retching sound from earlier this morning one of the cats attempting to read DMSMH with a straight face?

Zinj

Zinj -

Oh, of course!! Have your cat read the NEW DMSMH - there'll be no more troubles like that!!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Zinj -

Oh, of course!! Have your cat read the NEW DMSMH - there'll be no more troubles like that!!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Has that been re-written as well? I'll never understand why all these books have to be worked over! I mean if LRH, The Lord of all that Is Good and Truthful, couldn't get it right, what hope does DM have of making any significant improvements? :melodramatic:

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Has that been re-written as well? I'll never understand why all these books have to be worked over! I mean if LRH, The Lord of all that Is Good and Truthful, couldn't get it right, what hope does DM have of making any significant improvements? :melodramatic:

Yes, but you're thinking like an ex-Scio, or non-Scio. To the good and faithful Scientologist DM has saved them all from those evil squirrels (the ones that LRH himself failed to notice - but I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation for that - Any PR people want to help me out here:coolwink: )

And yes, he pretty much made changes to all of them. And I'm sure it had nothing to do with protecting copyrights, and ensuring their continuation.

The 'new' DMSMH was supposed to be so much easier to read, and understand. Get through it in days, etc. That's the PR. Well PR and reality do not always share the same space, or have the same agreements.

:)

Wisened One

Crusader
(I am, however, going to hammer out my clear bracelet
and make it into some instrument parts because silver is getting dear these days).

There's something sad yet funny and ironic about that statement.....all that time/money you paid for a silver bracelet, basically.

And now the only bit you can get back for all that effort, is the increased price of silver and it's usefulness as 'parts' for something else.......LOL! :bigcry:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Yes, but you're thinking like an ex-Scio, or non-Scio. To the good and faithful Scientologist DM has saved them all from those evil squirrels (the ones that LRH himself failed to notice - but I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation for that - Any PR people want to help me out here:coolwink: )

And yes, he pretty much made changes to all of them. And I'm sure it had nothing to do with protecting copyrights, and ensuring their continuation.

The 'new' DMSMH was supposed to be so much easier to read, and understand. Get through it in days, etc. That's the PR. Well PR and reality do not always share the same space, or have the same agreements.

:)

I got through the original in days. Understanding was not so difficult, although I heard from many no-longer public that it was gobble-de-gook.

As lrh wrote this entirely on his own before any organizations had been started, how could the book itself be affected by any of those bloddy squirrels?

Zinjifar

I got through the original in days. Understanding was not so difficult, although I heard from many no-longer public that it was gobble-de-gook.

As lrh wrote this entirely on his own before any organizations had been started, how could the book itself be affected by any of those bloddy squirrels?

The evil-Transcriptionist henchmen of the Trans-Galactic Psych Conspiracy are not limited by the space-time continuum.

Zinj

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
The evil-Transcriptionist henchmen of the Trans-Galactic Psych Conspiracy are not limited by the space-time continuum.

Zinj

The only group on Earth who havs control of the secret of Time Travel is the Insurance Company Cartel. Various insurance companies use it to go back and write in exclusions that weren't there when you actually signed the paperwork.

I think Clear is a valuable state and well worth pursuing, my misgivings are with the so-called OT levels in Scientology.

I think Clear is a valuable concept and well worth pursuing. My misgivings would take too long to write down. But sure, New OTI-VII have issues (g) let's examine for example the first item in the auditors code. Oops - all those folks have been auditing LRH's BTs which I'm sure they got charge off - he musta had a hefty cluster of 'em.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think Clear is a valuable concept and well worth pursuing. My misgivings would take too long to write down. But sure, New OTI-VII have issues (g) let's examine for example the first item in the auditors code. Oops - all those folks have been auditing LRH's BTs which I'm sure they got charge off - he musta had a hefty cluster of 'em.

No, I think it exists. I'd go with Pilot's definition of Clear; "able to confront the force in mental image pictures."

IMO it's too hard to tell whether or not the R6 bank has been audited out or merely keyed out, so I can't go along with what I'm told is the official definition, "no longer has one's own R6 bank." Must dig out my Tech dictionary and check to make sure.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Zinj

Maybe. But in the event video, as far as I recall DM said that there were no changes whatsoever to the main text of DMSMH. Read into this whatever you wish.

Maybe someone on ESMB who has the new edition and the prior one can compare some of it. I wouldn't expect a word-by-word comparison of the whole book, alhough it would be nice. :)

Paul

Good twin

Floater
Maybe. But in the event video, as far as I recall DM said that there were no changes whatsoever to the main text of DMSMH. Read into this whatever you wish.

Maybe someone on ESMB who has the new edition and the prior one can compare some of it. I wouldn't expect a word-by-word comparison of the whole book, alhough it would be nice. :)

Paul

I have the new book and have done the new checksheet. I didn't bother to check word by word. The book isn't any different in context as far as I can see. It is easier to read, but not because it has been "dumbed down". It is re typeset and the font and size are easier to read. There are no wraparound paragraphs. Each page ends on a complete concept. The glossary is very complete and workable.:yes:
The problem for me is just simply...well...I'm done invalidating myself and what I already know in order to learn the same thing over and over. In Scientology terms, I'm f-ing overrun. I'm interested in learning something new and the Church of Scientology keeps releasing "something new" that is just so much more of the same old crap. If COB can release this as the solution to everything and it is handling every and all disagreement with anything and everything...wasn't that what he said about the last new release? :confused2: If you wait a few months or a few years there will be another cure all.
At least LRH was able to make snake oil look like something else. :yes: Today with current management and PR snake oil looks just like snake oil. :eyeroll:
As I've been saying "Once the cat's out of the bag, you can't put it back in.":thumbsup:
I had the big cognition while reading chapter 2. Um.. uh.... there are no clears. Shhhhh. Somehow seeing it rereleased yet again all these years later, I realized I can't tell this lie anymore or buy it either. There are no clears. Dianetics doesn't didn't deliver what it promised. We gave a good go but still no product!
Good Twin

Zinjifar

No, I think it exists. I'd go with Pilot's definition of Clear; "able to confront the force in mental image pictures."

IMO it's too hard to tell whether or not the R6 bank has been audited out or merely keyed out, so I can't go along with what I'm told is the official definition, "no longer has one's own R6 bank." Must dig out my Tech dictionary and check to make sure.

I'd go with the definition that, if the term 'Clear' (or 'case' or 'R6 Bank' or 'Bank') as defined by Source fails to match any 'item' in the real world, it's not time to change the definition, but to abandon the term.

Oh yeah; and 'OT' too.

Zinj

Good twin

Floater
I'd go with the definition that, if the term 'Clear' (or 'case' or 'R6 Bank' or 'Bank') as defined by Source fails to match any 'item' in the real world, it's not time to change the definition, but to abandon the term.

Oh yeah; and 'OT' too.

Zinj
Thank you! My point exactly.:thumbsup:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you! My point exactly.:thumbsup:

Trouble is, that could apply to almost any teaching or spiritual technology at all.

Just an example or two; Ramana Maharshi is considered one of the greatest spiritual teachers of the last century (or ever) and yet he would go into such deep trances that animals would gnaw on his body thinking he was dead. Nisargadatta (a disciple of Maharshi's) lived modestly in India before dying of throat cancer. Neither of those would be a good advert for what they were teaching if real world indicators were to be the criterion.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Trouble is, that could apply to almost any teaching or spiritual technology at all.

Just an example or two; Ramana Maharshi is considered one of the greatest spiritual teachers of the last century (or ever) and yet he would go into such deep trances that animals would gnaw on his body thinking he was dead. Nisargadatta (a disciple of Maharshi's) lived modestly in India before dying of throat cancer. Neither of those would be a good advert for what they were teaching if real world indicators were to be the criterion.

I have heard, and understand that true spiritual beings do go so far exterior that the average Joe would mistake them for dead, but wouldn't one at least put postulate protection around the body if one intended returning to it?