What's new

An Open Letter to Tom Cruise

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Here is where we place our ideas for an open letter to Tom.

I would like to ask Mr Cruise, since it's now time to "clean up this place" what he is going to do about

Enforced Abortions in the Sea Org

Enforced Disconnections that Destroy Families

The Suppression of the Freedom of Speech of Scientologists

What else?

Let's write an Open Letter to Tom Cruise From Ex-Scientologists Seeking Reform of the Church of Scientology!

I'll gather our ideas together and submit a Press Release to as many outlets as I can.

The time is now.

Last edited:

petraph33

Patron with Honors
Here is where we place our ideas for an open letter to Tom.

I would like to ask Mr Cruise, since it's now time to "clean up this place" what he is going to do about

The Suppression of the Freedom of Speech of Scientologists

What else?

Let's write an Open Letter to Tom Cruise From Ex-Scientologists Seeking Reform of the Church pf Scientology!

I'll gather our ideas together and submit a Press Release to as many outlets as I can.

The time is now.

I would like to ask Mr Cruise if he knows about and what he plans to do about:
- SO members being held against their will at Int Scn Headquarters?
- the specifically designed software that prevents active Scientologists from viewing the internet and thus preventing them from getting independant viewpoints and information?
- accounts of physical abuse within the Church of Scientology by the top man?

Last edited:

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Alanzo, I may be wrong, but I tend to think it pays to concentrate on two or three key points, otherwise attention gets dispersed. Also, attention from the issues might be deflected by any points where an ostensibly reasonable rebuttal puts the other points into question.

It may seem cynical but I guess the best issues are the one's that are most likely to be the hottest buttons.

SP Hall just doesn't have enough evidence.

Disconnection policy would be my #1, i.e. What kind of Church breaks up families?
Enforced abortions would be my #2.

However, any public message to TC would need to be preceded by the establishment of a web presence that documented accounts of disconnection and abortions, providing real names, dates, etc.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I suggest following the "successful" action of the Cruise video.

1. make an open-letter video to Tom Cruise
2. include quotes from LRH PLs about Fair Game or disconnection or whatever topic you want him to "clean up"
3. film an image of the HCOPL
4. include video testimony from an ex-scn who has had the PL applied to them
5. alert the press and post the video on YouTube
6. make sure the CofS knows the video contains copyright material
7. wait for the CofS to get it taken off You-tube for copyright infringement
8. the news item then becomes the CofS is supressing a critical video message to Tom Cuise.
9. the news media can then broadcast the video including copyright material per the reason given for the Cruise video "For British-based news websites, use of the video is protected as fair dealing under copyright laws for reporting news and current affairs."

The CofS will either try to ban the video because of copyright or they will not make the same mistake again that they made with the Cruise video, in which case the policy gets publicity! It's a win-win situation. :D

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
Alanzo, I may be wrong, but I tend to think it pays to concentrate on two or three key points, otherwise attention gets dispersed. Also, attention from the issues might be deflected by any points where an ostensibly reasonable rebuttal puts the other points into question.

I'm in clined to agree with Tanstaafl here,put too much out at once and it tends to get lost.

The Suppression of the Freedom of Speech of Scientologists I would add here especially Ex Scientologists who are critical of Scientology.

In other words End "Fair Game"

But, Alanzo i do think the three points you have brought up should be top of the agenda.

Tamasin

Div6

Crusader
I say stay with the "viral" meme.

Take a part of the TC video, and then splice it with video that clearly rebuts what he is saying or provides an alternative viewpoint. XenuTV has some good vids.

Make a good weekend project....

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
There are so many personal stories. They communicate.
How could they be brought together for reference?

This is so typical:

Life in the Sea Org

The cadet org was in 3 condemmed victorian houses riddled with roaches. Since the kids did the cleaning and dishwashing every newcomer got diarrhea. Next door to one of the houses, barely 10-12ft away from the windows was aNarcanon drug rehab. At night the kids had to listen to people screaming and crying going through withdrawl just outside their windows. The bed rooms were wall to wall matresses. When the health department eventually got wind and inspected most of the mattresses disappeared. It was a "big flap" as they call it. Something that requires lots of PR to hide the truth. The older kids were put on the ship (a training ship for new recruits. I spent about 2 months on it when I arrived). The ship was a WWII hospital ship. With the kids came the roaches and hair lice. We had to do an all nighter (very common it the sea org) pulling all the matresses out of the berthing spaces on to the deck and spray everything with insecticide. The kids clothes were boiled in water in the steam kettles in the galley and the kids were all lined up to have their hair shampooed and the nits combed out. Oh, what fond memories. This describes my first 3 months in the sea org. that's all I want to write now. Bug PS It wasn't for 5 months before I ever saw my mom again. She went to the ASHO (American St hill org) They do higher level auditing.