What's new

Angry Gay Pope Arraignment #1 - Post-game details

Been Done Had

Patron with Honors
I am not sure this case hinges on whether the acts took place on private or public property. The applicable statute appears to be California Penal Code, Sec. 594-625c which criminalizes "malicious mischief". The defendant must act with 'malice', i.e., the conduct must be intentional or reckless. The damaged property must belong to a person other than the defendant-in this case the municipality. In this case, the state would have to prove that AGP maliciously 'damaged' or 'destroyed' pansies that did not belong to him.

If the act occurred on public property, the Co$ would not be 'victims' and have no say in the proceedings. Hopefully the prosecutor will use that fact to as an excuse to tell the $cions to fuck off. If the 'irate victim' can be legally ignored, there will be far less resistance to dumping this piece of shit case.

There is no such thing as a 'slam dunk' appeal. If the prosecutors can sell this case to a judge and jury and obtain a conviction, the chances of it being overturned on appeal are about 20-30% at best. AGP and Anon Orange want to win at trial; the state cannot appeal an acquittal.

I looked at the statute. He could very well be cooked. What he did was brainless. The only way the church has a dog in the fight is if they have an encroachment permit. If not the case may just go away.

You're right, most appeals are denied. Unless there are grounds. If Pope is convicted and there are no grounds for appeal, he can enjoy his felony.

I'm not defending him or his actions.

To Alex

Believe me, I know how the law works. Which is usually 90 degrees out from the way people THINK or WISH it worked. The law is not your friend. It is no one's friend. I slap my forehead over many of the anon antics. The church sucks them right into bad legal situations. I just enjoy a little shithouse lawyering now and then.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Okay, having done a little research, if the CofS has an encroachment permit for the improvements on the easement, then Pope may be paying for pansies.

If there is no permit, well, it's still Riverside folks.

Blindly charging in and destroying the flowers was pretty boneheaded. He should have checked the County of Riverside Transportation Department's permit records first!

Maybe someone could pull Golden Era's transpo department permits and see what encroachment has been allowed...

(hint hint AO)

That was done weeks ago. We've got it covered, but thanks for great advice. Pansies are srs business !

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Don't forget he was "Woozy" ! It was hot that day and The Pope doesnt' stand up in hot weather too well. In the video you can clearly see he was dizzy and not fully in control of his steps.

We are planning a Woozy Panzy defence.

skydog

Patron Meritorious
Don't forget he was "Woozy" ! It was hot that day and The Pope doesnt' stand up in hot weather too well. In the video you can clearly see he was dizzy and not fully in control of his steps.

We are planning a Woozy Panzy defence.

If I were a juror, I'd buy it. :thumbsup:

ARC

Patron
If Pope is convicted and there are no grounds for appeal, he can enjoy his felony.

Or misdemeanor. I'd like to see the judge who accepts the costs of a total landscaping to be the damages, rather than just replacing the pansies in question with low paid volunteer staffers.

Heh. If I was his lawyer, I'd hope it was focusing on what it would actually cost to replace the damage he did - though I guess a bit of a court spectacle about Scientology is fine as long as the court is pleased by it and doesn't lead to more problems for the defendant.