What's new

Annie Tidman Broeker

Andtheyalllived

Patron with Honors
How dare they.

She was used in life, and they never stopped using her once she was dead.

This thing below was in response to one of Rinder's "Hubbard was crazy, but crazy in the genius sort of way" posts:

Teddy | January 5, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Reply
Mike,
Thanx much for your read on present misunderstood “mad” being regarded as genius in future. Thanx also for distinguishing between misunderstood “mad” and sociopath. One thought: For long it seems that a duality of white and black Scientology has coexsisted. When I think of Annie Tidman I think of the best of LRH.

Really? So a young, naive cult-follower makes your guru more valuable?
To me, Marty Rathbun ended the meaningful part of Annie's life. The way her life went makes me sick.
He caught her at Logan airport, and "Annie seemed resigned to her fate." She saw him and "her shoulders sagged, and any intention she had of continuing on just evaporated".
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/01/annie_broeker_ann_tidman_scientology.php

Her chance for love was over, she stepped back into the cage, and Marty slammed the door behind her. She sits around for years, and then dies, ALONE, and Marty now says:

Irrespective of what Annie may have been coerced to sign prior to her passing, I’ll always remember her for what she stood for twenty years ago. When I intercepted Annie during her 1992 attempt to reunite with her then-husband Jim Logan, we flew alone across the country overnight in John Travolta’s private jet. Annie, in the inimitably vague manner in which such prohibited thoughts must be shared within corporate Scientology, communicated in so many words the following, she was returning to the Int Scientology base for one reason alone: to protect LRH’s legacy from David Miscavige.
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/01/14/ann-marie-tidman-1956-2011-in-memoriam/

No. She returned because she was afraid of you. She was so close to freedom, and you stopped her. She didn't care about DM. She wanted to be with her husband. Tell yourself whatever, but the reddest blood on your hands is Annie's. "Awww, Marty's here... I'll never see Jim again. Or anyone else that I love.... Ah geez..."

Marty, you sonofabitch.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Article Quote
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/01/annie_broeker_ann_tidman_scientology.php

But I had to put it to Rathbun himself -- after all, wasn't he the one who screamed down the highway at illegal speeds to get to the Ontario airport, and then flew across the country so he could track down Tidman and bring her back? An experience, combined with subsequent "rehabilitation" with hard labor and sec-checking, that had "broken" her?

Didn't he feel some remorse for having helped to break down Tidman so that she never attempted to leave again?

"Do I feel guilty? Well, not really. She made her decision," he told me, saying that when he caught up with Tidman, she could have continued onto a small plane that was about to leave the Boston airport and he would not have been able to follow her on board. Instead, just the sight of him seemed to make her give up her escape attempt. Rathbun defensively added that he'd done what he could to help the family get what information it could in the last year and a half. But then, he shifted tone.

"Yeah, I do feel bad about it," he said about the 1992 incident. "But I think I've been doing everything I can to reverse those problems
."

Marty, here's a message for you: :moon:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
What a deluded douche-bag prince. He actually thinks he's worked his shit karma out?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! Stuff it where the sun don't shine Marty ya bent cull!

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

:grouch:

Ah, dat felt a-okay, i go nao.

Veda

Sponsor
From what I understand, Annie Broeker's mother was and is a Scientologist, and Annie was born into Scientology, becoming a Commodore's Messenger. She served Hubbard on the ship, which would have meant that she would have been 13 or 14 at the time (as best as I can approximate it), then, according to an account at Marty's blog, she "served LRH on a daily basis for the last ten years of his life." So, roughly, she would have been thirty at the time of Hubbard's death. That means she spent most of her life - up to the age of thirty - as a personal servant to L. Ron Hubbard. I've seen some of the (confidential) Commodore's Messenger material - written by Hubbard - and it is creepy stuff. Annie, rather than having a normal adolescence, instead was a full time servant of the founder of the cult of Scientology.

Hubbard had a preference for Annie Broeker, and she became his number one female servant.

A while back, a poster to ESMB, Cowboy, who is a former Commodore's Messenger, provided some information and insight. Here are just a few items. All of Cowboy's posts are worth reading.

Regarding the ages of the Commodore's Messengers:

Most went straight to the CMO, slightly over half I'd say, starting at 12 or so for many. A few held other posts and would enter a little bit later, after some non-CMO experience. Very, very, very few got in in their twenties. Mostly not where the old man was.

_______And some more, beginning with 'A new Messenger'_______​

A new messenger waited outside the door to the room that held his Majesty King Red. He was visibly shaking, nervous as all get out about meeting, and working with the old man. He was stuttering, going on about how awesome it must be being in the shadow of Source on a daily basis. He flinched when the old man's booming scream pierced through the doorway and another messenger, white-faced, came rushing out of the office with an armful of materials, the old man's voice screaming after her.

The new guy blanched. "Come on, he can't be alone," I whispered to him. The guy nodded, but I had to prod him to get him to follow me into the room.

I introduced him. The old man gave a grunt and pointed down at the pile of submissions which lay on the ground, where the messenger who'd been with him a moment ago until being dispatched on some urgent errand, had left them.

I picked up the first, summarized what the submission was about. "Nooooh," the old man said, and reached for a cigarette.

New Guy fumbled with the lighter and dropped it.

New Guy knew something about the submission. He tried to explain the issue. "NOOOOOH," the old man said again. "You let them submit this crap?" he asked New Guy.

New Guy just sat there, with his deer in the headlights look, and, unfortunately for him, nodded his head.

"What the hell were you thinking?" the old man asked.

New Guy couldn't figure out what to say.

"Well, speak up man!"

New guy remained immobile as the old man turned beet red and started yelling. "Get the hell out of here. Get off watch. You're no god-damned help," he told New Guy.

I don't remember if he ever was allowed on watch again. Poor New Guy was slapped in the face with reality, rather than fantasy. He was crushed. He was demoted out of the messenger org, and never got the chance to make it to the top again. Hubbard criticized the hell out of him, saying his confront was out.

It wasn't always easy to be yelled at by a God...

_______But there were happy moments too for the Commodore_________​

Mike Douglas, Kima's husband, he's dead now, he'd work special projects for the old man or Kima. You should have seen the old man's eyes light up when Mike showed up with a handful of diamonds which Hubbard had directed him to purchase. Boy, Hubbard was almost as excited as when he saw the bag so filled with Krugerands he could hardly lift it. Nothing like good old material goods to make a man salivate... get those old spiritual juices flowing...

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
How dare they.

She was used in life, and they never stopped using her once she was dead.

This thing below was in response to one of Rinder's "Hubbard was crazy, but crazy in the genius sort of way" posts:

Teddy | January 5, 2013 at 8:52 pm | Reply
Mike,
Thanx much for your read on present misunderstood “mad” being regarded as genius in future. Thanx also for distinguishing between misunderstood “mad” and sociopath. One thought: For long it seems that a duality of white and black Scientology has coexsisted. When I think of Annie Tidman I think of the best of LRH.

Really? So a young, naive cult-follower makes your guru more valuable?
To me, Marty Rathbun ended the meaningful part of Annie's life. The way her life went makes me sick.
He caught her at Logan airport, and "Annie seemed resigned to her fate." She saw him and "her shoulders sagged, and any intention she had of continuing on just evaporated".

Her chance for love was over, she stepped back into the cage, and Marty slammed the door behind her. She sits around for years, and then dies, ALONE, and Marty now says:

Irrespective of what Annie may have been coerced to sign prior to her passing, I’ll always remember her for what she stood for twenty years ago. When I intercepted Annie during her 1992 attempt to reunite with her then-husband Jim Logan, we flew alone across the country overnight in John Travolta’s private jet. Annie, in the inimitably vague manner in which such prohibited thoughts must be shared within corporate Scientology, communicated in so many words the following, she was returning to the Int Scientology base for one reason alone: to protect LRH’s legacy from David Miscavige.
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/01/14/ann-marie-tidman-1956-2011-in-memoriam/

No. She returned because she was afraid of you. She was so close to freedom, and you stopped her. She didn't care about DM. She wanted to be with her husband. Tell yourself whatever, but the reddest blood on your hands is Annie's. "Awww, Marty's here... I'll never see Jim again. Or anyone else that I love.... Ah geez..."

Marty, you sonofabitch.

Good post. Do you have a link to this comment on the blog? It's hard to figure out your comment from what was posted there. I'd like to see the original.

Much of what you posted reminded me of the sad post Jim Logan wrote here, before he got 'cleaned up' by Marty
My name is Jim Logan, the one referred to as the husband of Annie Tidman in this posting. I have waited 15 years to relate the actual events of Annie and I being forced to get a divorce and the subsequent events to my being offloaded from the Int Base and what actually transpired prior to and following Annie attempting to re-unite with me. It is a long story. I will relate salient events.
The facts are, I was summarily declared and removed from the Base in October of 1992. Two weeks later Annie called me on the phone and said she wanted to come and be with me. I was in the process of requesting a Comm Ev on the declare and said I would inform the IJC I would put it (the comm ev) on hold. She told me not to tell him anything. I agreed and we planned that she would route out and thence come. For the next several weeks we were in regular communication. How? Subterfuge. The plan to route out was being thwarted by Mike Sutter and was not going as we planned. She called and we arranged to have a flight payed for and when she completed the routing out she would take a plane from the Ontario airport and I would pick her up. As the cycle went, she called me one morning from the airport and she had blown. I arranged to meet her in Bangor Maine. When I arrived I was told the plane had been laid over in Boston and the passengers were put in hotels. I was told she would be on the next morning flight. When it arrived she wasn't on it. I flew to Boston and she was gone. On a hunch I called Gold and within about an hour the call was returned and it was Mike Sutter. He told me Annie was back there and that the whole thing was over. I broke down right there in the Boston airport, completely overwhelmed with grief and utter desperation. I felt I had been completely screwed and now not only did I have an SP declare, but I knew I had little chance to ever reunite with someone I loved deeply. In this conversation with Mike Sutter I told him it was Annie who originated the phone calls to me. He perked up at that and wanted to know more and I sensed the smallest opening at salvaging the cycle. He told me he would review my cycle and be in touch.

I was called on the phone within a week or two by Mike Sutter and told that I had to write a KR on Annie and tell him anything and everything she had told me about anyone from the day we met. This would lead to a chance at having my declare cycle reviewed.

I spent long hours and days writing this KR and ended up so enturbulated and degraded I could not bring myself to continue it.

Another phone call from Marty Rathbun informed that if I did not write the KR I "would be doing A-E back to the stone age" and I would do it "50,000 times" if I omitted anything.

I tried again to complete it. In the end, I wrote them both and told them this was bullshit and I told them if they wanted to know what Annie told me they could ask her. I wanted no part of this and I loved and respected this person. Besides, why would they want the testimony of a declared SP against a staff member in good standing?

My father told me not to sell my soul for a mass of pottage. Sage advice.

He also told me to wait until Christmas and I may get some comm from her. I agreed and waited. During the wait I studied the PDC tapes and from these formulated a new plan. I would play the ser facs of Mike and Marty and get through this. One major obstacle was that I was given a freeloader bill of over $350,000. Unbeknownst to me was that the policy on cancelling the bill every 5 years was now cancelled and so I was buried with an incomprehensible bill and slim if any chance of ever seeing my love again. On top of that, if Annie blew and was declared then with her years her bill would be astronomical. We never planned on being out of Scientology and that would have been the case. I had no way of speaking with her so I had to do something to get her to NOT route out as I did not want her to be out of Scientology. My lines were cut so I decided that I would agree with Mike and Marty and made a test call to the Base. I told them that Annie had said that LRH never intended that Scientology be taken over or run by any single person but had set up checks and balances to ensure that if ever one person did try to take over they could be handled. She expressed clearly that what was occurring at the behest of David Miscavige was "insane". I received a phone call from Marty Rathbun the morning of Christmas 1992 wherein the above threat was given me and I proceeded to write up a facutal KR, not the sandbag one, but the actual statements made that described the outpoints we had both observed and made it on the both of us. I also made it derogatory so that Annie would read it and not route out. I planned and executed the most disgusting and despicable writings I have ever made with the intention of eventually disclosing to Annie that it was to play this out to get to see her and apologize.

I received a letter from her in February which was her doubt announcement telling me she was not coming. My plan had succeeded. I spent the next dozen years trying to finish A-E and eventually did, however I was not restored to good standing and now am deadfiled with no comm line to resolve this.

The facts (some of them anyway) are Annie and I were very much in love and following an abortion and a miscarriage and what we thought was a third pregnancy we decided to route out and be public and get trained and raise a family. She was tired of what was going on and simply wanted to get trained as this was what LRH had told her to do and be with me and just get on with the Bridge. This was not allowed. The sheer fear of her by David Miscavige precluded it.

I am still an avid and now well versed Scientologist having read this subject from the beginning. The simple fact is, the only road to enlightenment is a truthful one. The alter-is of what occurred on this cycle is something blocking that road.

Now, since I'm out here, fire away with what questions you have and I'll put the truth on the line.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?2341-From-Miss-X-About-Annie-Broeker

I later PMd him and this was his reply by email
Hello Mary,

Thanks for your mail. To the point, yes I have gotten in comm with Marty, and been in comm with him for some time now. In fact, we have a very good line and are better for all that has transpired. It's hard sometimes, when one is in the thick of upsets (BPC is the word here that is apt) to consider that what brick walls one bangs into, the pains of impact, loss, and all that can occur in living, are part of living and what Dianetics and Scientology represent when all is said and done are means to deal with it in such a way as to emerge better. Life hasn't stopped, but how one gets through the tough parts and is still full of the wonder, joy and vigor of living is the deal.

Marty and I are both very much Scientologists and we used that material to deal with what happened between us and on that cycle with Annie. All that upset is gone. Doesn't exist. Poof.

Following that post I made initially I have reconnected with many, many friends and through them found that Annie went through quite a cycle under DM after we were forcibly split. She is a good being and I have no doubt that she and I will repair our lines fully at some point. Even laugh together. The idea of unconditional love, love despite all provocation to do otherwise based on real understanding of life and living, love that doesn't permit itself to be alloyed is valid.

I suppose I should have posted a follow-up on ESMB. Tell you what, you have my permission to post these mails between you and I and my answer. If any have any questions then they can get a hold of me. I'm not hard to find. Still here, still holding a position. More power than ever. (Still declared an SP by His L’ilness too. I guess I should have been a tiny sparrow this life to enjoy his tender nature).

Sincerely,

Jim Logan

p.s. please don't post my home email address. You can write to me anytime and talk about whatever you want. I'd like that in fact. I have a yahoo address that I can be reached at XXXXXXXX. Don't much care for spam if you know what I mean and besides, so far OSA is not pestering me.

Very sad....

Andtheyalllived

Patron with Honors
Hi, Mary...

here's the link:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/a-pair-of-worn-shoes/#comment-247323

Meant to include it in the first place!

I read that sad Jim Logan post (summarizing the events of his separation from Annie) a long time ago, and I think that's really what got the whole Annie subject festering for me. She wanted BABIES! She was just SO CLOSE to freedom!

Many people have that one Scientology "Thing" that sinks it's teeth into the psyche and won't let go ... some misdeed or horror. Annie is mine, I guess.

I had NOT read Jim's post-Marty-handling communication! Thank you for that. And now I'm torn: Jim Logan has found peace, but it's based on bullshit. He is a good human ... and I'm sure it feels better to be blind and happy, rather than tortured and clear-sighted.

Andtheyalllived

Patron with Honors
From what I understand, Annie Broeker's mother was and is a Scientologist, and Annie was born into Scientology, becoming a Commodore's Messenger. She served Hubbard on the ship, which would have meant that she would have been 13 or 14 at the time (as best as I can approximate it), then, according to an account at Marty's blog, she "served LRH on a daily basis for the last ten years of his life." So, roughly, she would have been thirty at the time of Hubbard's death. That means she spent most of her life - up to the age of thirty - as a personal servant to L. Ron Hubbard. I've seen some of the (confidential) Commodore's Messenger material - written by Hubbard - and it is creepy stuff. Annie, rather than having a normal adolescence, instead was a full time servant of the founder of the cult of Scientology.

Yes, and this makes me even more amazed that she tried to escape in the first place. That kind of indoctrinated upbringing is so hard to shake off. So when Marty justifies her CAPTURE with "She made her decision..." well, no. He confronted her with the same authority to which she'd spent her life submitting. She was inexperienced and at the moment, friendless. She had summoned the unlikely courage to spread her wings, and he clipped 'em. Just because she didn't flap and squawk doesn't mean she wasn't coerced.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

OpTbZ.jpg

" . . . suffer little children . . . "

Veda

Sponsor
A little more from former Commodore's Messenger, 'Cowboy', late 1970s:

The old man lived in a little two bedroom apartment. One bedroom for his bed and such, and one with his easy chair and lamp, and of course no chair or anything for his lapdog messengers. We'd be on our knees. Sort of like days of royalty, couldn't let our heads get higher than his. So there was no such thing as a chair. Never an even footing. Sometimes you could stand while he sat, though.

I used to worry the neighbors would complain when he had a bout of anger, which was about every other day.

It was here I remember first seeing his skin cancer on his face, and really wondering how someone who could control the physical and non-physical universe could have skin cancer, get hellacious wrinkles and sagging jowels, and pretty much all the normal things an aging, formerly red-haired, pale skinned individual would suffer from.

At the end of the day, usually somewhere around mid-night, he'd watch his movie. We'd get all manner of movies recorded, and I'd have to memorize them and have them waiting for him. I'd cue one up and sometimes he'd like it, and sometimes not.

Now, I learned something the hard (loud) way. This was in the days of VCRs. We'd want to fast forward through the commercials, watching the counter to track when the commercials were over, and hopefully stopping it just as the sound track of the commercial faded away and the movie started up again. Only trouble was, all groups of commercials aren't the same. There could be two thirty second ones, or a minute and fifteen seconds.... ANyway, I could never communicate that too him and would consequently be berated for being so stupid I couldn't read the counter. Like most situations, there was no opportunity to explain. Can't tell you how many times I got yelled at...

Let's see, there were the LRH meals, of which half were tossed, usually because of continuing attempts to poison and kill or make sick..., amazing how many assasins or SPs there were that became cooks.

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
The more I read about it, Hubbard's obsession with extremely young, ie adolescent children, seems more and more creepy. I wonder how it would be viewed if it were happening these days.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

OpTbZ.jpg

" . . . suffer little children . . . "

Each time I see this photograph, it gives me a deep nausea

It represents so well the CMO children's stolen life and soul ,
to become the ""choosen one'' the Elron Commander servant

Isn't it easy to dominate children with your ''grandeur'' height - authority -Mad eyes - yelling,
helding 'em captive to serve you - as free slaves ????
Isn't it easy to capture such a person and get her back with threatening her freedom, eternity , and to be declared as an sp
and finally to give her back as a special meal to the beast....for the torture program

She had the blessing to encounter
Ron the humanitarian....
Marty the preacher ....

My tale is different than Marty's one

Annie Tidman
Born as a beautifull child
was given to a Cult Guru
Served long years -
Tried to escape
To be loved and become a mother
was captured
brought back in prison
held captive and tortured

Died young,
suffered a long ilness ,
and has been left with her loneliness
dying, quietly without any sorrow...

May you be in a space of freedom and joy - you deserve it

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Nice piece of art (the photograph) for a sunday preaching in ''Tejas''

2 pairs of worn children

Andtheyalllived

Patron with Honors
Here's some insight from HelluvaHoax from this time last year... Def kills the flimsy argument that someone fleeing the cult is a strong, mentally well-armed person capable of "making her decision:"

Thinking about Annie's thwarted attempt to escape the cult at the hands of Rathbun, I am reminded of my own tour of duty in the Sea Org and the time I took a very short (authorized) leave.

There is something quite remarkable that happened in that first 24 hours that I remember with startling clarity--I slept. Deep and wonderfully delicious sleep that first night about 11 hours worth. It was the first time in YEARS that I actually felt fully refreshed and relaxed. It was the first moment that I began to slowly regain a tiny bit of myself--a self that had been submerged, virtually drowned and kept on cult life-support for all those years.

In reading Annie's story (and others who tried to escape but were re-captured) I can imagine the state of physical and mental exhaustion that she must have had after being a cult slave for the grand slavemaster himself, Hubbard.

The cult knows that people start to decompress if they are allowed time away from the oppressive mind control environment. That's why they trigger blow-drills with cult enforcers like Rathbun flying around the country on private jets to kidnap escapees before they have a chance to gain their wits and bearings. The cult knows that the clock is ticking once someone is "outside" and they don't have long before that individual begins to sleep and eat normally---at which point the mind begins to naturally heal itself as the body does with any injury.

The cult cannot afford to allow people to be outside of their control. It is a nightmare, when you think about it, to have Rathbun suddenly appear at an airport to "confront and shatter" the preciously tiny and fragile free will that the escapee has somehow managed to gather in order to make their escape. It is no match for the militaristic cult managers who know all the right buttons to hit to cause the individual to collapse in a puddle of guilt and remorse as their spirit goes flaccid and they meekly return to the cult compound.

In many ways, Marty Rathbun is still rounding up "escapees" from the CoS and putting them back under the cult's hypnotic control. He calls it "Independent Scientology" but it is anything but independent.

What kind of words does he say to escapees to get them to obey "command intention"? With Annie he spoke of not betraying Hubbard.

With Indies he also speaks of not betraying Hubbard (like COB). But he also has many other tricks such as pretending to talk to the dead. He speaks to Annie now that she is dead and reassures Indies that he "knows for a fact" that she is winning.

By implication, Marty has also set himself up as a priest that knows what Ron wants them to do. He apparently is in communication with Ron too.

Marty seems to specialize in speaking to dead people. That's when he's at his best. Maybe that's why he bans the living ones from his blog.

Free Being Me

Crusader
The Truth Rundown - Marty Rathbun - When Annie Tidman Broeker Blew
[video=youtube;n1x3uyogNsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1x3uyogNsY[/video]

CRINGE!!!!!!!!

:puke2:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
HelluvaHoax said:
What kind of words does he say to escapees to get them to obey "command intention"? With Annie he spoke of not betraying Hubbard.

This I am 99.9% certain.

That was the right button to push.
And Marty wrote a beautifull tale of this ''encountering at the airport - and Annie coming back for Ron greatest good'' ...

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
The more I read about it, Hubbard's obsession with extremely young, ie adolescent children, seems more and more creepy. I wonder how it would be viewed if it were happening these days.

People would reprot it to protection agencies \ police.
Children protection agencies would suspect children neglect\abuse with labour and sex - They would , acting fast, take the children out and debrief them. They would suspend parental right and protect children.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
This I am 99.9% certain.

That was the right button to push.
And Marty wrote a beautifull tale of this ''encountering at the airport - and Annie coming back for Ron greatest good'' ...

One day he'll wake up and the weight of what he's done will hit him like a freight train. I just hope he's behind bars in the cell next to Miscavige when that happens.

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious

Hubbard had a preference for Annie Broeker, and she became his number one female servant.

A while back, a poster to ESMB, Cowboy, who is a former Commodore's Messenger, provided some information and insight. Here are just a few items. All of Cowboy's posts are worth reading.

Regarding the ages of the Commodore's Messengers:

Most went straight to the CMO, slightly over half I'd say, starting at 12 or so for many. A few held other posts and would enter a little bit later, after some non-CMO experience. Very, very, very few got in in their twenties. Mostly not where the old man was.

_______And some more, beginning with 'A new Messenger'_______​

A new messenger waited outside the door to the room that held his Majesty King Red. He was visibly shaking, nervous as all get out about meeting, and working with the old man. He was stuttering, going on about how awesome it must be being in the shadow of Source on a daily basis. He flinched when the old man's booming scream pierced through the doorway and another messenger, white-faced, came rushing out of the office with an armful of materials, the old man's voice screaming after her.

The new guy blanched. "Come on, he can't be alone," I whispered to him. The guy nodded, but I had to prod him to get him to follow me into the room.

I introduced him. The old man gave a grunt and pointed down at the pile of submissions which lay on the ground, where the messenger who'd been with him a moment ago until being dispatched on some urgent errand, had left them.

I picked up the first, summarized what the submission was about. "Nooooh," the old man said, and reached for a cigarette.

New Guy fumbled with the lighter and dropped it.

New Guy knew something about the submission. He tried to explain the issue. "NOOOOOH," the old man said again. "You let them submit this crap?" he asked New Guy.

New Guy just sat there, with his deer in the headlights look, and, unfortunately for him, nodded his head.

"What the hell were you thinking?" the old man asked.

New Guy couldn't figure out what to say.

"Well, speak up man!"

New guy remained immobile as the old man turned beet red and started yelling. "Get the hell out of here. Get off watch. You're no god-damned help," he told New Guy.

I don't remember if he ever was allowed on watch again. Poor New Guy was slapped in the face with reality, rather than fantasy. He was crushed. He was demoted out of the messenger org, and never got the chance to make it to the top again. Hubbard criticized the hell out of him, saying his confront was out.

It wasn't always easy to be yelled at by a God...

_______But there were happy moments too for the Commodore_________​

Mike Douglas, Kima's husband, he's dead now, he'd work special projects for the old man or Kima. You should have seen the old man's eyes light up when Mike showed up with a handful of diamonds which Hubbard had directed him to purchase. Boy, Hubbard was almost as excited as when he saw the bag so filled with Krugerands he could hardly lift it. Nothing like good old material goods to make a man salivate... get those old spiritual juices flowing...

Okay. it's always creeped me out about the Master having all these young people surrounding him. Are we talking

pedophilaia here ? :confused2: