What's new

Annual LA 4th of July Independence Day Party

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thank You, Diana!

The party was yet another excellent one put together with great care & effort on your part. Both you & your husband were outstanding hosts. I especially enjoyed watching yet another of your many hitherto unknown (to me) talents, i.e. the latin dancing you did with your Cubana friend. You two were simply beautiful in your dancing. :thumbsup:

My friend Judy was especially impressed with all the people she met. She later remarked that the variety of personal stories of their individual experiences with scientology were fascinating.

Mark A. Baker

Hi Mark:
Thanks for helping me promote the party!:thumbsup:
As for my talent dancing Latin dances...yes, salsa, merengue, calypso, Soca, Mambo and Cha cha of course! LOL! My Latin friend put all the gringos to shame as she sang the National Anthem beautifully and she knew all the words...:happydance:

I am glad that your friend Judy liked the party, thanks for coming!:happydance:
Aida

dianaclass8

Diana/Aida...

Thanks for inviting me! It definitely was a gorgeous day for a 4th of July party---and what a lovely home you have. (To those who didn't make it, she lives up in the hills a bit east of downtown, in a tiny, very pretty, almost European, thin street that curls UP). You climb many stairs until you reach their from porch. As I walked in, I was surprised by the amazingly beautiful colors of green. Many different shades, all lovely. Also, they have huge windows and a gorgeous view---so it's a perfect location for a party. As I walked through, I found friends out in the back, on the porch, which was bustling with people chatting and eating tasty foods.

One man asked me, "Who IS "Diana" ..the hostess. I thought and said, "I don't really know". It was Aida's home, so I asked her. She laughed, saying she IS
the hostess, "Diana" :D

Hi Tory:

Thanks for the compliments :)

I am soooooo glad you could make it to the party! yes, I am diana Class 8...hahhahahhahaa....I had to invent a nick after I read what OSA has done to you...you brave soul...

Finally free--you were there? I didn't meet you, did I?

***She was there all over the place meeting people being cute and talking to everyone...she was also sorry she missed you.

Darn, I had promised a friend that I'd take him to "The Nature of Existence" (a fabulous documentary only showing for this week at the Sunset 5). His son was born on July 4th--and years later had taken his own life, so I knew it's a very difficult day for him, and I thought this movie *might* cheer him up--which it did.

***I gotta go see that picture.

However, as usually when having fun, time flies. I realized it was nearly 5 and thus had to rush out--not getting to say good-bye to really anyone, and barely thanking Aida and her husband for having the party there, as I flew down the many steps.

**We got your picture in my diana facebook :)

I wish I'd known it went late...I would have returned. Oh well. Hi to all I did get to see, and Hi to those I didn't get to talk with. :wave:

***The party ended at about 2:30 AM and continued the next day at about 11 AM until 7 PM, some people came from Phoenix, San Jose, San Francisco, Davis, New York and all over S Cali and they wanted to talk more :happydance:

Great fun---we must have more! :thumbsup:

***Yes! We will:happydance:

Aida/Diana...LOL!:happydance:

My best to all :yes:

Tory/Magoo

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

dianaclass8

It was an awesome party-DianaClassVIII did a traditional Mexican Dance for us all and I even got up and sang a few songs :)

Thanks to the wonderful Hosts!

:happydance:

Everybody loved your singing talent and your beautiful personality...:happydance:

Aida/Diana :)

dianaclass8

A lot of the people who attended (myself included) we can't mention their names as having been there, but the regulars, who have shown up like clockwork for thirty years were there Don and Barbara Keeler, Lynne Keller, John Bell, Valerie Stansfield to name a few.

The backyard is perfect. Loud music didn't disturb the neighbors. There was loads of talking and interacting.

There was a whole lot more youth and youthful looking people this year. Gwendolyn and I were talking about how boring the party used to be with so many old codgers with one foot in the grave talking about the good old days. This party was vibrant and alive. lots of youth, lots of dreams and ambitions. Lots of talent.

Hi Carmelo:

You forgot to mention John Rafanello, Grace and Ken Aaron, Nancy W. and others...but...the couple who is in the middle of OT VII At Flag that was asking you so many questions who were they? They seemed to be very happy to be with the Independents:happydance: and what about the guy who has just attested to OT VIII? LOL! ;)

Hi Carmelo:

You forgot to mention John Rafanello, Grace and Ken Aaron, Nancy W. and others...but...the couple who is in the middle of OT VII At Flag that was asking you so many questions who were they? They seemed to be very happy to be with the Independents:happydance: and what about the guy who has just attested to OT VIII? LOL! ;)

I had not seen John Rafanello since ASHO in 1969. He looked great, slimmer than 40 years ago. Still effervescent. Even with people I didn't know previously, it was like a "coming home" party. So many many people, I was perfectly in tune with and comfortable with. I didn't even talk to half the people who came, yet I had so many quality interactions. There were people there, who I know well, but didn't even say a word to (Nancy, Lynne, Buck, etc) There was no shortage of food or friends to talk with.

Does anyone know how Mike and Marty's party in CW turned out?

otgirl8

Patron
Thankyou Aida for a beautiful party!

Hi Aida! I personally wanted to thankyou for inviting us to your wonderful independents Party! We had a very special time with you and your husband and daughter and son and all the wonderful quests that we met and got to know!! It was a life changing day and I plan to keep new friendships and expand with all of you! I wanted to tell you right away and got detained- but your beautiful home and entertainment and dancing was sooooo fun! :happydance:
It was a memorable 4th of July celebration and we were very happy to be part of it. :yes:
Thankyou thankyou! whoo hoo! I hope we get to do it again!!

otgirl8

Patron
I am still having Happy Thoughts about the Party!

We had a great time connecting and I still haven't called everyone or emailed them on all the new stuff we shared with each other!
Thankyou again Aida and your awesome family!:)

dianaclass8

Hi Aida! I personally wanted to thankyou for inviting us to your wonderful independents Party!

We had a very special time with you and your husband and daughter and son and all the wonderful quests that we met and got to know!!

It was a life changing day and I plan to keep new friendships and expand with all of you!

I wanted to tell you right away and got detained- but your beautiful home and entertainment and dancing was sooooo fun! :happydance:

It was a memorable 4th of July celebration and we were very happy to be part of it. :yes:

Thankyou thankyou! whoo hoo! I hope we get to do it again!!

Hi otgirl8, I am so glad that you and all of my friends and friends of my friends came because that is what made it so much fun.

Also it is wonderful to celebrate Independence day as well as life and to welcome the new people that had just left...getting together and communicating has done a lot of healing on the 3rd Dynamic.

You are right! We have to do more of these parties!:happydance::happydance:

dianaclass8

We had a great time connecting and I still haven't called everyone or emailed them on all the new stuff we shared with each other!
Thankyou again Aida and your awesome family!:)

Thank you...and I have a lot of pictures posted on my facebook...I didn't post all here only a few because I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested on seeing them.:D

But my friend Silvia Kusada a Class 6 from Italy posted some on her blog:happydance:

http://silviakusada.wordpress.com/2010/07/09/they-are-trying-to-find-out/

otgirl8

Patron
This is wonderful!

Thankyou Aida! I will enjoy looking at all the pictures and can't wait for the next party! What fun uptone healthy people are part of this group!!

Love you lots!:yes: