ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

AnonyMary & Churchill at the Getting Clear Conference

Discussion in 'Conferences, Speeches, Radio Shows, and Live Publi' started by Churchill, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

Safe trip to you and your stalwart companions!

You know, Mary, with just over half of this year having elapsed, it seems to me that the year 2015 is well on its way to becoming the worst, most cataclysmic year in the history of Scientology.

Alex Gibney's incredible Going Clear, Tony Ortega's, The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, Prof. Jim Beverley & Jon Atack organizing the Getting Clear Conference, the Narconon Lawsuits, the books by Steve Canane, Jesse Prince, and others to be released, the incontrovertible public exposure of Scientology spies, combined with the most un-ecclesiastical behavior by "the Pope of Scientology", David "let him die" Miscavige.

Makes one wonder what else could possibly happen before the year is out...

2. Intelligence

Intelligence Silver Meritorious Patron

I too, imagined Mary to be a lot bigger when I met her in Frederick, Maryland. I'm 6'-2" and when I saw her, it was like,
    "*HUH* - this is not the Mary I know..."

All fun aside, my friend Mary, although she may seem tiny, is a GIANT... a Lady of compassion.

And, when exposing Narconon, she is incredible... A trusted, dear Friend.:kiss:

[​IMG]

3. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

So sorry for not being able to get back here and keep up with this thread until now.

It's been so busy since I got back from Toronto, and then since last Sunday when I went with some of the No Narconon At Trout Run citizens to see Tony Ortega and Paulette Cooper speak about The Unbreakable Miss Lovely in Washington DC!

This week alone, besides the usual home and Narconon and Narconon Reviews activities that I juggle, there was the added overwhelming amount of correspondence rfrom people who reached out to me for help, including journalists doing stories on the Scientology front groups. I cannot multitask like I once could and the only way to deal with it all and not :headspin:, was to handle one at a time and get 'er done.

Earlier tonight, just as I was about to come and start anew post here, I got wind that a whole bunch of drama has been going on over on Facebook and by email, some involving me and some dear friends, and then other baloney involving others.... eventually deleted by a FB group moderator I hear...just a lots of drama which I hope won't wind up here in this thread.

Anyway, I am here and I am not leaving until I have given you what I promised... a post about the remainder of the sessions at the Toronto Getting Clear conference on Thursday, June 25th.

Before I go into details on that, I do want tell you a bit about theThe Unbreakable Miss Lovely book tour event I attended!!

What a pleasure to attend, and see and hear both Tony and Paulette speak LIVE!! To meet them!! I had the opportunity to sit and speak privately with Tony for about 5 mins before the event started. We'd never met in real life and he was very happy and surprised I was able to attend. He introduced me to Paulette as 'Mary McConnell, the researcher', lol!! It was a real memorable time for me!

The wonderful people I went down there with, Never-Ins who got involved because the church is trying to get a Narconon 'group home' eventually on a property they bought which is not zoned for such... These citizens became aware of the church's ever insane policies to respect no laws or rights or persons that stand in their way. Scientology dared to do this in the wrong community, in the wrong county and in the wrong state!

These people have come to know and read up on so much about Narconon and Scientology while battling the church's attempts to invade their community. Social Betterment Properties International is now appealing a 6-1 vote against them in getting a needed designation approved for the property, which would have bypassed the zoning department and allowed them to use the property as a 'Group Home'.

The research these people did to counter SBPI's claims is astounding and along the way, they read found out about OSA and Fair Game because some were followed by PIs and some have been getting communications from the pitbull named Sylvia Stanard of DC Org... Here they learned about Paulette and what happened to her... So it was a wonderful day, with Tony acknowledging the group there at the book event, where we even took some photos afterwards to commemorate the day!

Here are some photos taken that day... from my camera:

On the far right of all these, next to me, is Mark Long, one of several sharp and persistent citizens who Sylvia has failed to intimidate. Others important members are, from left to right, are Robert Hall, Kimberly Mellon - the group Doxmeister :) Jim Lamott, PhD. with Paulette and then with both Tony and Paulette.

[​IMG]

then with both Tony and Paulette.
    [​IMG]

And a very nice taken by Mark Long's lovely wife, included all with Tony and Paulette

[​IMG]

There had to be at least 50-70 attendees there, all listening in amazement as Paulette and Tony tell athe short version of the story - with impact and some humor, too! One of the funniest moments was when Tony warns that he is about to discuss some of the confidential (OT level) stuff and says that usually this is where scientologists in the audience get up and leave... and offers any the opportunity then to leave... He then starts with the Story of Xenu... OT III, lol!! I got the impression that some people behind us did leave at that point... but by the time the event and book signing was over, I forgot to ask anyone to confirm my impression or not on that.

The event was very informative, especially for those not who have never ben scientologists or been aware of the history and players like many here or who have read the book. But even those never-ins who read it had questions or comments to make ... really good Q&A happened there. On top of that,and we got to meet Paulette's wonderful and supportive husband, Paul Noble.

I later heard that there were 2 uncomfortable looking guys, probably OSA volunteers or DC Org staff, outside the event, who watched others going in but did not come in themselves. There were camera raised during some of the event... and photos being taken throughout, but only a few questionable looking attendees at the event, who did not seem to enjoy the fun and amusing parts. But who knows. It was a success for the Center For Inquiry, and for Tony, and Paulette & Paul Noble. Soon they were flying off to NY or where ever, for much needed rest.

It was a fun but long day for me, a bit more traveling than I am used to, so we headed back to Maryland.

OK!! My mind is ready and refreshed. Onward to the events of the June 25th afternoon session of the Getting Clear conference. But first, right after the morning session ended, I called out to the big muscled wonderfully bald guy sitting in front of me and said " Len... it's Mary...". You had to see the amazed and happy look on Churchill's face!! 'Mary!! You made it!!' All of a sudden he reaches across, then and through the chairs that separated us with outstretched arms and gives me this big bear of a hug! I hugged him back, so happy to finally meet!! Len is this intense, bright, and kind presence. Sharing joy at finally meeting was a wonderful experience.

He asks me to join him for lunch but I had to decline... introducing him to Kat Villanueva sitting next to me... and saying how I have to attend a lunch meeting with her and the plaintiff attorneys in cases against Narconon who are speaking with me at the next session after lunch, so we can coordinate and such. I felt so sad.. I had to decline. I actually had to speak up at the event...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  4. Glenda

Glenda Crusader

Is it just me or are the attachments in AnonyMary's above post not working?

5. Leland

Leland Crusader

They don't work for me either...Glenda. (you're OK....:biggrin:)

6. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

7. AnonyMary

These are the professionals I has the honor of speaking about Narconon with on the stage!

The session was called : The Narconon Experience

Before I spoke, Co-Host Jon Atack presented
    [​IMG]

Jon Atack, author, former scientologist

Jon talked about some unknown facts about Narconon- How it started, the real history of William Benitez and how the church took over the program by joining forces with him. Jon also talked about documents came across... in particular the old Narconon Newsletter, showing the Bridge To The Bridge connection between Narconon and Scientology.

Earlier before the event,Jon and I realized a funny thing we each did not know about each other and that document... Before it became public, Jon gave it secretly to Arnie Lerma, who then gave it secretly to me so I could post it on the internet, which I did! So Jon was the secret sender! I was the leaker, lol.
    Anyway, you can see that document here

Then it was my time to speak..

I mentioned I was a former scientologist, how I was out for 10 years until I got a call... and finally looked at the internet. I spoke about how I got involved in taking on Narconon as a topic to help expose Scientology, even thosugh I had never been to a Narconon, or any rehab program, how I never had need of one.. but I saw the issues and felt I should help these victims.. There an abundance of complaints coming in, starting around 2007, there were others helping but I had the most flexible schedule to work on more... so I did.

I spoke about the Narconon program, how the complaints on the internet caught the attention of critics, how more people complained, how I and others began helping people with complaints, how hard it was to find attorneys to take cases that had complaints against Narconon, how I began to take on more and try top help people get refunds, file agency complaints, find attorneys to help. How the Desmond death in GA came to my attention, how ethercat's Reaching For The Tipping Point forum got started, and how people in Georgia and elsewhere joined in an got involved in the Desmond case, then others.. and how I joined forces her and the other volunteers.

I spoke about the Narconon program components and how they correlate to Scientology processes and courses that scientologists take. You can and should read about these here http://narcononreviews.net/resource...ts/narconon-information/the-narconon-program/

I spoke about how we began helping with lawsuits, by gathering and sharing information about Narconon and Scientology... how NarcononReviews.net was later started and why.... so many complaints, more attorneys started to help, it became a place to provide help, information and documentation to public, researchers, attorneys and give former 'students' a place to fill out a confidential questionnaire on their Narconon experience.

I also spoke about harassed by trolls, about being outed, thn followed by PIs and eventually subpoenaed and later deposed by Narconon.

Then the following professionals spoke about their concerns about the program, and eventual involvement in working on or taking cases against Narconon

[​IMG]
    Kat Villanueva, Paralegal - Jeffrey P. Ray, P.C;
    University of Toledo College of Law, 2016 J.D. candidate.

From Saeed and Little, LLP, law firm, Indianapolis, Indiana Area:

[​IMG]

David E Miller, Esq.

[​IMG]
    Jonathan C. Little, Esq.

There was a brief but enticing talk by Angela Harris, PHd, who works with Ryan Hamilton on some cases. She spoke about her job, her involvement in being an expert witness and that she reviewed the detoxification claims Narconon and Hubbard make. She stated she would agree to give a separate presentation after the break if the audience wanted that. "Yes" they said with with enthusiasm.

[​IMG]
    Angela J. Harris, PhD, DABT
    Toxicologist, Senior Manager at Ramboll Environ; Expert Witness

Additional notes...

Jeffrey P Ray, Esq, Kat's boss in Michigan, could not attend due to scheduling conflicts. His firm has taken on a number of cases against Narconon Freedom Center and Per Wickstrom's unbranded Narconon programs, such as A Forever Recovery and Best Drug Rehabilitation Center. These include the Teague case. They have represented some of the victims who were sued by Best Drug rehabilitation for their supposed RipOff Report reviews. They are actively "investigating fraud, misrepresentation and abuse by drug rehabs alleged to be Scientology-related.

Jeffrey also represented and assisted me when I was subpoenaed and deposed to testify by in one of Ryan's plaintiff cases against Narconon Fresh Start.

Ryan A. Hamilton, Esq. the attorney with the most ongoing cases against Narconon, could not attend but sent us the gift of his expert toxicologist, Angela Harris, who gave a separate and very informative presentation on how Hubbard's detoxification method and his hypotheses that lead to his conclusions were very faulty and non-scientific.

Attorneys above, David Miller and Jonathan Little, have been working with Ryan, and separately, on Narconon and unbranded Narconon cases across the US.

Jonathan also helps Ryan with the intake of complaints that come in from the famous Narconon Lawsuits website we all love so well :D http://www.narcononlawsuits.com/

Jeffrey, Ryan, Jonathan and David are key attorneys representing plaintiffs in cases against Narconon facilities in MI, NV, CA, CO, FL and TX

Gary L. Richardson, Esq, who represents plaintiffs in a multitude of cases against Narconon in Oklahoma, very much wanted to attend but could not due to scheduling conflicts.

Next up, Toxicologist Dr. Angela Harris gives an amazingly simple but mind blowing power point presentation deconstructing Hubbard's nonsense from Clear Body Clear Mind, which can be read on line or free here

Until then... :biggrin:

8. AnonyMary

Gee, while writing that other novel, I didn't until now see your posts about not seeing the attachments. I will try to fix that..

UPDATE
    OK, now all fixed. You can see them here:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...r-Conference&p=1052635&viewfull=1#post1052635

Apparently my ESMB photo album folder has exceeded MB allowed. I have a handful of photos there and it's full? Whatever. The pics are sitting in the upload manager, but could not load to an album. Hence the weird attachment tags.

I give up on that function, lol!!

I just went and uploaded them to my PhotoBucket acct and posted the links to the images..

9. Glenda

Glenda Crusader

Loving this AnonyMary. Thank you! :flowers:

10. Moderator 3

Moderator 3 Guest

I have moved certain contentious, off-topic posts from this thread to Grudge Matches.

Please take up that issue over there or, more preferably, do it via PM.

This is an important thread and I don't want to see it derailed.

Thank you. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  11. Churchill

On June 23, the first day of the Toronto conference, Steve Canane interviewed Paulette, Tony, and me.

www.abc.net.au/lateline

12. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I just watched it - brilliant! Thankyou Steve, Paulette, Tony and Len. :clap::clap::clap:

13. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

I think you were wonderful!! You spoke really well, and all the emotion was so authentic and powerful. It added a lot to what is a really fantastic piece! I have shared it on Facebook. I wish everyone could see it. This is what your tax dollars buy. Well done to Steve Canane and of course Tony and Paulette. Thanks so much for sharing this.

14. Churchill

I knew you were holding out for dinner.

Next time...I promise.

15. AnonyMary

Belated hello and thanks, dear Len!!

Trying to keep up with everything lately has been tough but I didn't want to pass up your good wishes and important comment here with only a click of THANKS. I also owe you an email reply to yours of last week, which I just read last night :omg:

In response to the above, yes! It sure does look like the worst year ever, so far! As always, not all that is going on is made public, and for very good reasons. The less the cult knows what is going on and soon to happen, the better is the impact. I gather that, with what you mentioned, combined with a whole slew of other recent known, and as of yet unknown, things happening, Scientology as a group is experiencing a tipping point
    never experienced before, from which it will not be able to recover. And that is a really good thing!

And thanks for sharing lateline video interview!!

Besides Steve Cannane's excellent interviewing which brings a precise summation to why the Church went after Paulette, and why Tony wrote The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, your humble part added a deep and moving human component, and a retrospective explanation to the whole of the matter.

The dehumanizing of the 'Prison of Belief' does not spare us from our responsibilities for what we have done in the past in the name of doing out part to KSW and 'Clear the Planet'.

May many more reflect on their contributions to the cult's war on it perceived enemies, and step up to the plate like you have. :thumbsup:

BTW, here is a direct link to the video, which will be needed later when the next day's show appears at the link above. http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2015/s4276151.htm

How the Church of Scientology tried to bring down Paulette Cooper
    Australian Broadcasting Corporation

Broadcast: 17/07/2015
    Reporter: Steve Cannane

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2015/s4276151.htm

16. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

How stunningly insightful ! That, to me, was a real " Wow! " to read.

I've watched few posters over the years follow that exact same pattern & not realized they were, apparently, going senile.

I appreciate your astute observation - it's opened the door for me to be softer towards those I see slipping away mentally.

17. AnonyMary

It occurred to me early this morning ( 4:30am to be exact, after finishing other posts here.... ) that I forgot to mention the terrific video segment of the International Contingent which followed the speakers I discuss in the above comment!!! :duh:

I need a few minutes to review notes and report on that!! BRB :biggrin:

UPDATE: I've spent hours unintentionally forgetting about what I said I would be right back to do... :blush:, Wound up going off to do other things, including giving my son some night time driving lessons, which I managed to get through without having a nervous breakdown :biggrin:

I need more than a few minutes to get some sleep now and get back here in the morning to finish what I started. See you in the morning :hattip:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  18. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I don't know about Arnie's mental state, but one thing I thought a bit peculiar was that in his last dozen or so posts here, no matter what the post was about, more often than not it included his picture of those girls shrinking in fear of 'imaginary' mice.

19. Glenda

Glenda Crusader

20. Hypatia

Hypatia Pagan

Anonymary and Churchill are cool.