What's new

Anonymous Press Release

Boudicca

Patron
No, I am not Anonymous. Nor do I represent Anonymous. However, I have seen this press release written for the public and media, and am passing it along.

This is in response to the "Church" of Scientology's press release calling Anonymous KKK, Communists, Cyberterrorists and using Mein Kampf as an official manual... all funded by evil Psychiatrists.

I am so not kidding. Co$ really has said all that to the press in the past couple of days. Next up, Anonymous is a secret Illuminati Organization.

(Evil Psych-funded Kard Karrying Klan Commie Facist Cyberterrorist's are so 1955)

Would someone please crosspost this to OCMB, (my account authorization hasn't come thru yet) as a few there still believe that Anonymous condones the DDOS and other pranks. Again, I don't speak for them, but have been watching the movement. From all assertations I've seen, they do NOT.

The last thing Anonymous wants is for the press to focus on negative comments from message boards and diminish the message by focusing on "infighting between Anonymous and the old guard critics."

Just as a few bad Anonymous can spoil and derail the message, so can a few naysayers.

The majority of critics are working LEGALLY with Anonymous to move forward with LEGAL protests and tactics against the Co$.

In fact, from what I've seen and heard, the majority of people are working their butts off, spending 12+ hour days on research, keeping on top of the press, writing hundreds of letters and emails and spending their own money to print fliers and information.

THE PRANKS ARE IN THE PAST. OVER AND DONE WITH.

PLEASE, LET'S KEEP THE FOCUS ON SCIENTOLOGY'S CRIMES. NOT THE PAST CRIMES OF A FEW IMMATURE INDIVIDUALS ACTING ON THEIR OWN.

Thanks so much.

Anonymous wishes to respond to the press release written by the Church of Scientology. It saddened us to see that the Church is so shaken by our actions that it would latch upon hearsay and foundationless rumor. We had hoped that our intentions would be clearer, and we apologize for any misconceptions that may have arisen. We do not wish to engage in name calling or he-said she-said, so we will only briefly touch upon the allegations of the Church to put innocent minds at ease. We have no desire to be labeled as cyberterrorists, lawless hackers, or religious bigots. Not only are such labels inaccurate, they will take away from the real message of this February 10th, doing a disservice to all involved.

The Church and those familiar with the white powder incident will remember that Anonymous not only denied and condemned such actions, but also were never linked to the envelopes which thankfully held only cornstarch. At this time, we sincerely hope that incident was similar to the issues surrounding Operation Freakout and Paulette Cooper. For those unfamiliar with this incident, Scientology sent itself a bomb threat with Cooper's fingerprints on it after she published the book “The Scandal of Scientology.”

While the underhandedness of such acts would be on par with Operation Snow White, a well documented case of Scientology infiltrating and abusing the FBI, it would be preferable for the safety of the organization's members. The safety of innocent people is of the utmost importance to us. We have never affiliated ourselves with fascism, communism, racism, or any such literature. We do not condone any illegal or violent acts, including “cyberterrorism.”

Anonymous is an idea. There is no concrete group. We have come together from many different walks of life, united by our ideals, but no one person can speak for, or act on behalf of Anonymous. That is our power. There are no leaders, targets, faces, or names. Only the message. We stand against not Scientology’s faith or beliefs but the practices. We stand for freedom of speech, thought, choice, and other principles this nation and others were founded upon. This includes the freedom of religion. Individuals are encouraged to seek out knowledge and enlightenment through their own paths and on their own terms. Should this lead them to belief in alien spirits, a galactic confederacy, a psychiatric conspiracy, etc then so be it.

However, no one should idly stand by as civil rights and human liberties are laid forfeit to a corporation that preys upon the weak. No one should turn a blind eye to child abuse, criminal neglect, and a suppression of critics not seen since the McCarthy trials of the Red Scare. Look up Lisa McPherson. Find information on L. Ron. Hubbard's own son Quentin, a Scientology leader who committed suicide. While we would never call for the "global obliteration" of any group of people or ideas (though incidentally we see that Scientology has done exactly that to our psychiatric medical professionals), we cannot and will not stay quiet. History has shown us what happens when a country or global community allows a regime to take hold and force its so-called enemies to suffer. Someone must speak. Someone will hear.

We give voice to those who have been silenced by fear tactics. We represent the living, the dead, the oppressed, the free, the young, the old, and everyone in between. We urge others to stand with us and speak out for what they feel is right.

February 10th will be a peaceful, legal protest, but our message will be heard. Expect us.

Last edited:

Poofy

Patron with Honors
History has shown us what happens when a country or global community allows a regime to take hold and force its so-called enemies to suffer. Someone must speak. Someone will hear.

We give voice to those who have been silenced by fear tactics.

GG on the subtle Nazi reference. Nicely done statement.

everfree

Patron Meritorious
Odd. If I quote the original post, it shows "Quentin" correctly in the quoted text but in the actual post it shows up as "Clinton". Is that happening for everyone - indicating a board-wide auto-correction of some sort? Or is it just me?

Boudicca

Patron
Odd. If I quote the original post, it shows "Quentin" correctly in the quoted text but in the actual post it shows up as "Clinton". Is that happening for everyone - indicating a board-wide auto-correction of some sort? Or is it just me?

I edited the orginal post. Hopefully, it reads correctly for everyone now.

In the comments, the person who wrote this said they'd been up all night. Stuff like that happens!

Terril park

Sponsor
No, I am not Anonymous. Nor do I represent Anonymous. However, I have seen this press release written for the public and media, and am passing it along.

This is in response to the "Church" of Scientology's press release calling Anonymous KKK, Communists, Cyberterrorists and using Mein Kampf as an official manual... all funded by evil Psychiatrists.

I am so not kidding. Co$ really has said all that to the press in the past couple of days. Next up, Anonymous is a secret Illuminati Organization.

(Evil Psych-funded Kard Karrying Klan Commie Facist Cyberterrorist's are so 1955)

Would someone please crosspost this to OCMB, (my account authorization hasn't come thru yet) as a few there still believe that Anonymous condones the DDOS and other pranks. Again, I don't speak for them, but have been watching the movement. From all assertations I've seen, they do NOT.

The last thing Anonymous wants is for the press to focus on negative comments from message boards and diminish the message by focusing on "infighting between Anonymous and the old guard critics."

Just as a few bad Anonymous can spoil and derail the message, so can a few naysayers.

The majority of critics are working LEGALLY with Anonymous to move forward with LEGAL protests and tactics against the Co$.

In fact, from what I've seen and heard, the majority of people are working their butts off, spending 12+ hour days on research, keeping on top of the press, writing hundreds of letters and emails and spending their own money to print fliers and information.

THE PRANKS ARE IN THE PAST. OVER AND DONE WITH.

PLEASE, LET'S KEEP THE FOCUS ON SCIENTOLOGY'S CRIMES. NOT THE PAST CRIMES OF A FEW IMMATURE INDIVIDUALS ACTING ON THEIR OWN.

Thanks so much.

Anonymous wishes to respond to the press release written by the Church of Scientology. It saddened us to see that the Church is so shaken by our actions that it would latch upon hearsay and foundationless rumor. We had hoped that our intentions would be clearer, and we apologize for any misconceptions that may have arisen. We do not wish to engage in name calling or he-said she-said, so we will only briefly touch upon the allegations of the Church to put innocent minds at ease. We have no desire to be labeled as cyberterrorists, lawless hackers, or religious bigots. Not only are such labels inaccurate, they will take away from the real message of this February 10th, doing a disservice to all involved.

The Church and those familiar with the white powder incident will remember that Anonymous not only denied and condemned such actions, but also were never linked to the envelopes which thankfully held only cornstarch. At this time, we sincerely hope that incident was similar to the issues surrounding Operation Freakout and Paulette Cooper. For those unfamiliar with this incident, Scientology sent itself a bomb threat with Cooper's fingerprints on it after she published the book “The Scandal of Scientology.”

While the underhandedness of such acts would be on par with Operation Snow White, a well documented case of Scientology infiltrating and abusing the FBI, it would be preferable for the safety of the organization's members. The safety of innocent people is of the utmost importance to us. We have never affiliated ourselves with fascism, communism, racism, or any such literature. We do not condone any illegal or violent acts, including “cyberterrorism.”

Anonymous is an idea. There is no concrete group. We have come together from many different walks of life, united by our ideals, but no one person can speak for, or act on behalf of Anonymous. That is our power. There are no leaders, targets, faces, or names. Only the message. We stand against not Scientology’s faith or beliefs but the practices. We stand for freedom of speech, thought, choice, and other principles this nation and others were founded upon. This includes the freedom of religion. Individuals are encouraged to seek out knowledge and enlightenment through their own paths and on their own terms. Should this lead them to belief in alien spirits, a galactic confederacy, a psychiatric conspiracy, etc then so be it.

However, no one should idly stand by as civil rights and human liberties are laid forfeit to a corporation that preys upon the weak. No one should turn a blind eye to child abuse, criminal neglect, and a suppression of critics not seen since the McCarthy trials of the Red Scare. Look up Lisa McPherson. Find information on L. Ron. Hubbard's own son Quentin, a Scientology leader who committed suicide. While we would never call for the "global obliteration" of any group of people or ideas (though incidentally we see that Scientology has done exactly that to our psychiatric medical professionals), we cannot and will not stay quiet. History has shown us what happens when a country or global community allows a regime to take hold and force its so-called enemies to suffer. Someone must speak. Someone will hear.

We give voice to those who have been silenced by fear tactics. We represent the living, the dead, the oppressed, the free, the young, the old, and everyone in between. We urge others to stand with us and speak out for what they feel is right.

February 10th will be a peaceful, legal protest, but our message will be heard. Expect us.

Anonymous got off to a bad start with the attacks on COS websites etc.

COS has capitalised on that in their statements.

I have seen the good side of anonymous on this forum.

I like immensely those who post here.

I'll be joining with my FZ signs on sunday.

Been squirreling picket tech. I Guess. Mostly used electrical
insulating tape applied to house sale boards coated with acrylic primer undercoat for picket signs. Guess that makes me some sort of geek.

Have one spare. The applicant needs a thourogh sec check before being entrusted.

The Irish anon said some nice things about the Freezone. Knows some.

She'll do.

Love
bb