What's new

Another bizarre scene when I was in.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
This is worth a chuckle;

In about 1980, I found out that my Grandmother 'Tots' had come to Lake Elsinore to visit my mother and sister, had had some kind of an attack, and was in the hospital. I couldn't get off (of course) of my S.laves O.rg post until libs on Sunday, which wasn't a visiting day.

Then I remembered that I was an ordained minister, and that would get me in, so I put together a ministers outfit; black shirt with the white square on the collar, Sci cross and everything. I then borrowed a friends car, which happened to be one of those older Cadillacs where you could have played tennis on the hood, and headed out to get gas and drive to Elsinore.

Picture me back then; I was a John Lennon look-a-like with shoulder length light brown hair, full beard, and antique round wire frame glasses, in a clerical collar and cross, driving a pimpmobile around Hollywood!

Boy, did I get some looks! When I stopped for gas, and stopped at lights and stop signs getting to the freeway, the hookers were practically climbing over each other trying to get my attention!

I did get in, but I tell you, the medical staff gave me the serious stink-eye!

:hysterical: Oh my god, I sure wish I had pictures!

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I just wanted to add that it really was a pimpmobile-some kind of pastel color with a white ragtop and some custom stuff that I borrowed off of a black friend!

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
someone requested further details on this story,

I remember the mufuggin' nigga (who was obviously a dear friend) who loaned me the car was laughing when he gave me the keys.

He was in the S.O. also, but was a lot more street-wise than me. I mean, I didn't really know what he was laughing at when he handed me the keys, lol! What an idiot I was! This thing was maybe not a top of the line pimpmobile, but it was definitely a pimpmobile! If you lived in the LA area in the '70's, you must have seen them. Customized, weirdly painted Cadillacs and Lincolns.

I thought he was laughing at me in my clerical shirt. I didn't realize yet that that was only part of it! :duh: Me, I saw a nice Cadillac, and thought, sure, a nice car will fit right in! :eyeroll:

When I arrived at the hospital, I was offended by the way my family were all glaring at me with open mouths! :nervous: :roflmao:

What a fucking idiot I was! and so full of my own egotistical arrogance!

Then, since my Granma Tot's was in a drug-induced coma, I wound up arguing with the doc about keeping silent around unconscious people! LOL! that went over like a turd in the punchbowl.

Don't you wish you could time-travel, and go back and slap yourself?

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Pictures

someone requested further details on this story,

I remember the mufuggin' nigga (who was obviously a dear friend) who loaned me the car was laughing when he gave me the keys.

He was in the S.O. also, but was a lot more street-wise than me. I mean, I didn't really know what he was laughing at when he handed me the keys, lol! What an idiot I was! This thing was maybe not a top of the line pimpmobile, but it was definitely a pimpmobile! If you lived in the LA area in the '70's, you must have seen them. Customized, weirdly painted Cadillacs and Lincolns.

I thought he was laughing at me in my clerical shirt. I didn't realize yet that that was only part of it! :duh: Me, I saw a nice Cadillac, and thought, sure, a nice car will fit right in! :eyeroll:

When I arrived at the hospital, I was offended by the way my family were all glaring at me with open mouths! :nervous: :roflmao:

What a fucking idiot I was! and so full of my own egotistical arrogance!

Then, since my Granma Tot's was in a drug-induced coma, I wound up arguing with the doc about keeping silent around unconscious people! LOL! that went over like a turd in the punchbowl.

That would have made for some incredible pictures.

Of course you had ultimate status as a Scientology minister. :whistling:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

Can you imagine all temporal anomalies introduced as we all sued ourselves across time for broken jaws and black eyes?

Court Case 1994/7708

"So when did you assult yourself?"

"Not until the year 2012, your Honor. Well I was in 1994, but it was my 2012 self that committed the assault."

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
Rmack,
That is damned funny!
I remember back then how seedy it was around downtown Hollywood.
You should have picked up one of those hookers and teleported her and you (and the Cadilac) to an Acorn office in present time----probably would have gotten a loan for your "business"!

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Can you imagine all temporal anomalies introduced as we all sued ourselves across time for broken jaws and black eyes?

Court Case 1994/7708

"So when did you assult yourself?"

"Not until the year 2012, your Honor. Well I was in 1994, but it was my 2012 self that committed the assault."

I realized an obvious benefit to this: I get my 2050 self to come back and beat me to a pulp, claim victims comp, and invest it.

HCObringOrder?

Silver Meritorious Patron

Actually, I wish I could go back in time and deck DM for his abuse of the female CMO staff when he was meeting with the G.O. staff in the FH dining room.

Hmm, if time is only a postulate... lets see, 1979 or 1980..??
:boxing:

This is worth a chuckle;

In about 1980, I found out that my Grandmother 'Tots' had come to Lake Elsinore to visit my mother and sister, had had some kind of an attack, and was in the hospital. I couldn't get off (of course) of my S.laves O.rg post until libs on Sunday, which wasn't a visiting day.

Then I remembered that I was an ordained minister, and that would get me in, so I put together a ministers outfit; black shirt with the white square on the collar, Sci cross and everything. I then borrowed a friends car, which happened to be one of those older Cadillacs where you could have played tennis on the hood, and headed out to get gas and drive to Elsinore.

Picture me back then; I was a John Lennon look-a-like with shoulder length light brown hair, full beard, and antique round wire frame glasses, in a clerical collar and cross, driving a pimpmobile around Hollywood!

Boy, did I get some looks! When I stopped for gas, and stopped at lights and stop signs getting to the freeway, the hookers were practically climbing over each other trying to get my attention!

I did get in, but I tell you, the medical staff gave me the serious stink-eye!

:hysterical: Oh my god, I sure wish I had pictures!

You had shoulder length hair and a full beard when you were in the sea org?

The Anabaptist Jacques

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
You had shoulder length hair and a full beard when you were in the sea org?

The Anabaptist Jacques

Sure, back in 1980.

Lot's of staff had long hair as haircuts cost money. Even though some people sported very short haircuts when it wasn't really in fashion, it was much more prevalent in society for men to have longer hair than now, so it wasn't a P.R. issue like it might be now.

If I recall, as long as you where reasonably groomed and clean, no one cared if you had a beard, long hair or what.

I think I got out just in time before a lot of really restrictive shit happened, because there were no -or hardly any- security officers around when I was in. Then I went back to visit a friend and got a real bad vibe from these dudes in some kind of black shirt or something, walking around Big Blue that weren't there before. Coming up to me and asking me what I was doing here, and such.