Another contradiction: Staff Auditing

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
One thing that always struck me as interesting, and odd, about the SO and Class V staff was how few of them had received much, if any auditing, and how little progress they had made up the Bridge.

Did anyone ever wonder why, while the COS could tell everyone else it was worth spending their children's college funds, maxing out their credit cards, mortgaging their homes, and entering into funky loans to pay for auditing on the grounds that it would make them more effective, and more than pay for itself in the long run, it wasn't worth it to the COS to give their own personnel sufficient time off, and devote sufficient resources to staff auditing, to make its own staff more effective? If auditing is so effective, and indeed such a force multiplier, wouldn't it make sense to have your own staff receive auditing, and indeed auditing to Clear and the OT levels, first?

If auditing was such a good investment -- and indeed such a good investment that public Scientologists should max out their credit cards, take out loans, and mortgage their homes to pay for it -- then why didn't the COS devote the time and resources necessary to make sure its own staff received the benefits of auditing?

It simply doesn't make sense. Unless, of course, the upper level decision makers in the Church always knew and believed that auditing was, if not completely ineffective, then a poor investment from the standpoint of cost benefit analysis. That delivering auditing to its staff was not worth the time of the auditors (who, during much of my time in, weren't doing shit anyways because there weren't near enough public PCs), or the value of the time of for their staff members. Staff members who were making, what?, 5 cents an our?

Ever hear of the management principle that an organization should eat its own dog food? Apparently the "dog food" of auditing was not worth the time and effort necessary to deliver to the Church of Scientology's own staff.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
The usual response to this is that they don't think the Church should be a staff clinic. It's bullshit, but it's what they say.

One thing that always struck me as interesting, and odd, about the SO and Class V staff was how few of them had received much, if any auditing, and how little progress they had made up the Bridge.

Did anyone ever wonder why, while the COS could tell everyone else it was worth spending their children's college funds, maxing out their credit cards, mortgaging their homes, and entering into funky loans to pay for auditing on the grounds that it would make them more effective, it wasn't worth it to the COS to give their own personnel sufficient time off, and devote sufficient resources to staff auditing, to make its own staff more effective?

If auditing was such a good investment -- and indeed such a good investment that public Scientologists should max out their credit cards, take out loans, and mortgage their homes to pay for it -- then why didn't the COS devote the time and resources necessary to make sure its own staff received the benefits of auditing?

It simply doesn't make sense. Unless, of course, the upper level decision makers in the Church always knew and believed that auditing was, if not completely ineffective, then a poor investment from the standpoint of cost benefit analysis. That delivering auditing to its staff was not worth the time of the auditors (who, during much of my time in, weren't doing shit anyways because there weren't near enough public PCs), or the value of the time of for their staff members. Staff members who were making, what?, 5 cents an our?

Ever hear of the management principle that an organization should eat its own dog food? Apparently the "dog food" of auditing was not worth the time and effort necessary to deliver to the Church of Scientology's own staff.

You are forgetting the only goal of Sceintology which was to service Hubbard and Hubbard alone.

In Hubbard's view, Staff are not worthy of wasting time auditing they are door mats which are meant to be abused. They are merely disposable slaves and should be treated as such. Only the paying public is worthy of spending time auditing.

My experience tells me that the local org leaders did not feel that it was not a good investment. The problem was that they were under so much pressure from above to produce income that they were always in a perpetual cope situation.

Some staff were given priority auditing even over public. I know only of a few instances of that. But that was becasue they were under orders from above to audit those people.

I know for myself when I was on staff and a true believer that I would have liked to see staff get audited.

We had one or two staff auditors who only audited staff. But personally I believed it was a sign of weakness for a staff member to need auditing. That auditing was something the public needed because they were weak.

Plus, my auditing was never that great except for a few actions.

I was never an ED, but had I been I would have held some of those opinions with me.

I don't think the leaders think auditing doesn't work; I think they believe it works and are frustrated because they can't get it to work.

The Anabaptist Jacques

I don't think the leaders think auditing doesn't work; I think they believe it works and are frustrated because they can't get it to work.

The Anabaptist Jacques

More than likely they are smart enough not to get anything in the folders that can be used against them, the same way they have used information in PC folders against others.

Hence the never ending SEC checks

Illegal Alien

Patron with Honors
Here is an example that I found :screwy:

Remember the big push to get 10000 people on OTVII and the "Change" that alone would make to the planet. :melodramatic:
I know an OTVII who joined staff on the Freewinds.:confused2:

He had been auditing for many years on OTVII. Shortly after joining he was given the non clear r-factor.
Well that ended his movement on the bridge that's it. He is stuck with a case that is well, obviously not well after auditing all that time on OTVII and not even being clear.
The last time I spoke to him he was still not receiving any auditing. :no:

I do not know the tech involved but SURELY if it is supposedly so beneficial for this planet to have 10000 on OTVII, WHY DO THEY NOT REPAIR HIM??? and get him back on the level.
He could be OTVIII in no time.
Then he would be "kick ass" and very able :giggle:
As a staff member you life will be sucked out of you by the church and at the end you will be hung out to dry:deadhorse:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
In the Sea Org, they conned people into signing billion year contracts by saying you had your bridge 'awarded'. It was a big lie, of course. No one I knew ever got any bridge actions free.

Laffy probably knew that many would blow once they got to OT three, and didn't get the super powers they were selling people.

As a matter of fact, the only staff members I saw getting anywhere on the bridge was a guy who inherited a couple of hundred grand from his parents, and promptly spent it on his new wife and his bridges up to OT3, If I remember.

He was a dumpy, balding chubby guy, and his wife was probably the hottest woman in the org. Several orgs, actually. I can guess what was going on there.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
In the early '70s in Cape Town staff auditing was greatly encouraged. Students all got practice auditing on staff, staff auditors co-audited. You got what you got - I did the S A Lists three times through simply because that was what was needed from the student auditor side, and I never got grades 2 through 4, but I got hundreds of hours of other auditing. Probably close on a thousand hours. Other staff members too got lots and lots. On;y later in about 79 or 80 did arbitrary bullshit come down about LRH "forbidding staff auditing until the atats were up" and crap like that.

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
My experience tells me that the local org leaders did not feel that it was not a good investment. The problem was that they were under so much pressure from above to produce income that they were always in a perpetual cope situation.
Yes, which meant that the upper level, Int people believed, or indeed knew, it was not a good investment.

After all, why waste time and resources delivering to your staff the same ineffective crap that you deliver to the public rubes?

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Laffy probably knew that many would blow once they got to OT three, and didn't get the super powers they were selling people.
Very good point. I can see where a staff member might blow if the COS reveals that the key to OT powers is communicating with one's body raisins, dead space aliens, body thetans, before the staff member has been sufficiently indoctrinated.

Plus, the mystery sandwich in ineffective after the mystery has been removed.

Last edited:

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had auditing....but only till I got to where they wanted for me to go to Gold. It was a requirement.
The only auditing I recieved after that was review auditing.:confused2:

owl

Patron with Honors
i agree, i knew people who had been in the sea org for 10 or more years and they were on TRs, the first or second level on the bridge.

i thought they were supposed to get 8 hours a day of processing.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I joined the SO at AOSHUK in 1972. In the 70s there were lots of students and interns and they needed pcs, and many AOSHUK staff got audited. The FOLOUK staff a few hundred feet away mostly didn't get any auditing.

Up until 1979, when I got onto solo, I probably had 400-500 hours, a couple hundred on pre-NED Dianetics, a couple hundred on quad expanded grades, a few intensives of objectives, Happiness RD, DCSI. No sec-checking to speak of at that time, very little repair needed, it was 95% grade chart all the way. Then I did up to OT3 and started on OT4. I moved to LA and it was a completely different ball game, and getting in session for major actions was like pulling teeth.

At the time I thought I was moving so slowly as other staff members were getting a lot more done than I was. It was only when I later discovered how little staff auditing was normal that I realized I had managed to get on well.

Paul

Terril park

Sponsor
In the early '70s in Cape Town staff auditing was greatly encouraged. Students all got practice auditing on staff, staff auditors co-audited. You got what you got - I did the S A Lists three times through simply because that was what was needed from the student auditor side, and I never got grades 2 through 4, but I got hundreds of hours of other auditing. Probably close on a thousand hours. Other staff members too got lots and lots. On;y later in about 79 or 80 did arbitrary bullshit come down about LRH "forbidding staff auditing until the atats were up" and crap like that.

I don't think LRH would have said that. There is a policy and where he said any system which resulted in staff getting auditing was good.

I was on staff in London 1979-82, and there was an excellent system in place whereby foundation auditors could audit day staff when not on post and vice versa. The rate charged was four pound an hour. Also at around this time there were about 8 internes, and I was one, and we'd audit staff
to help complete our interneships.

Yes, but wouldn't Hubbard, and now DM, want to be slavishly served by super beings -- beings unaffected by their reactive minds, and indeed beings who have benefited from the "resurgence of power and native abilities for the being himself?"

That is, if Hubbard, and now DM, actually believed that auditing brought about such abilities?

Sure if there are auditors around sitting idle, I'd imagine they would have to audit staff in order to practice and occupy any available free time.

Allowing staff to have free time is very dangerous, they might start to think on their own which would be disastrous.

Considering there is such a shortage of manpower in the cult these days, free time is a rare commodity and only enough processing to turn a staffer into a submissive zombie is required.

Once your capacity of objective and critical thought is broken down and you believe your purpose is to better yourself and others rather than to building a totalitarian cult. What is the point of wasting anymore resources beyond that? It would be bad for business to waste anymore resources on the salves. Besides titles, plaques, silly uniforms and a sense of being an important member of Hubbard's cult, is just as critical to most members as is looking for Xenu's imaginary space parasites. Let's face the average Scientologist spend far more time trying to figure out what they are doing wrong that is causing Hubbard's tech not to work than they do actual processing.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
[...]

[...]

It's a simple equation: Auditing is for upstats.

Staff or public who give money are upstat.

Public who do not give money do not get auditing. They are downstats.

Staff who are downstats do not get auditing.

Staffs who achieve upstats without auditing have proven they don't need auditing. This fact becomes part of their weekly conditions write-ups and normal operating basis.

There is a caveat: A senior management person can, by a wave of the hand, decide at any time that a staff member is an upstat. That person can receive auditing. This grace is usually reserved for registrars.

So, now you know how the system works.

:thumbsup:

Staffs who achieve upstats without auditing have proven they don't need auditing. This fact becomes part of their weekly conditions write-ups and normal operating basis.

There is a caveat: A senior management person can, by a wave of the hand, decide at any time that a staff member is an upstat. That person can receive auditing. This grace is usually reserved for registrars.

Let me see if I understand you in simple English,

A.) If you have cash to give to the cult you get audited.
B.) If you do not have cash to give to the cult you do not get audit.
C.) If you can not produce cash for the cult you do not get audited
D.) If you can produce cash for the cult you can get audited, but since you are able to produce cash for the cult you do not require auditing, so you do not get audited

So only condition A.) gets audited.

uncle sam

Silver Meritorious Patron
Once again..

I got all my auditing and training: OT 7 and Class 6 on a 5 year staff contract----yes-- I was one of "them" a reg. Even though our org had several "hot" reges--none of the others went up the bridge. The "funny" thing is --soon as I finished with my bridge--I left! The bridge did not take me to the promise land. What a waste of time and effort.