What's new

Another cover up uncovered

xguardian

Patron with Honors
:
Well that explains it all.

But are you sure you weren't shot in the head?

HAHAHAHA

The Anabaptist Jacques

:clap: gee now your superior intellect is really showing me up...:nailbiting::nailbiting:I give up...your so intimidating and my incompetency will never match your prowess in your omniscience of World, no... UNIVERSAL TRUTH. :duh: silly of me

:

:clap: gee now your superior intellect is really showing me up...:nailbiting::nailbiting:I give up...your so intimidating and my incompetency will never match your prowess in your omniscience of World, no... UNIVERSAL TRUTH. :duh: silly of me

Relax....

Just move out of your parent's basement.

Things will work out.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
W. . .
I wish it were possible to have threads like this one front page and center of a sub-section of this board called "I am not a Scientologist, but"... to linger on and on and on (absent intelligent commentary) to serve as a reminder of what a mind-fuck can do to an otherwise, probably, well-meaning being.
. . .
Hmm, I wonder if we're mixing up cause and effect here. While I don't deny that Scientology is a mindfuck and can do nothing to improve one's mental wellbeing... I also believe that the kind of person who has no interest in proof or evidence (as the wider world would understand it) is easy meat for Scientology recruiters, and for lunatics like LRH to work their "magic" on.

The 'cause' thing, though: there seem to be a disproportionate number of Scientology victims (even exes) who believe in remote viewing, chemtrails, the New World Order, reptilians, the Loch Ness Monster and so on. So I suspect this interest in the "Alternative" (a scene that always scoffs at demands for evidence) also confers upon one a predisposition to get suckered into a manipulative cult like Scientology.

Hmm, I wonder if we're mixing up cause and effect here. While I don't deny that Scientology is a mindfuck and can do nothing to improve one's mental wellbeing... I also believe that the kind of person who has no interest in proof or evidence (as the wider world would understand it) is easy meat for Scientology recruiters, and for lunatics like LRH to work their "magic" on.

The 'cause' thing, though: there seem to be a disproportionate number of Scientology victims (even exes) who believe in remote viewing, chemtrails, the New World Order, reptilians, the Loch Ness Monster and so on. So I suspect this interest in the "Alternative" (a scene that always scoffs at demands for evidence) also confers upon one a predisposition to get suckered into a manipulative cult like Scientology.

Exactly. This is why I think the Church believes it can recover most exes.

Exes may diagree with this or that action, but the mindset that got them into Scientology in the first place is still lying there within them.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Freeminds

That's a very broad brush you're painting with there!

Besides, how would an ex unlearn the truth about Hubbard's disastrous naval career, his bigamy, his dabblings with satanism, his betrayal of Mary Sue, his being shot full of Vistaril right before he 'departed for Target Two'... and so on, and so on. And that's just the stuff about Blubbard. If a person finds out about the crimes and human rights abuses that are done in order to further Scientology's aims... no moral person could go back to the cult.

Also, life on the 'outside', to quote South Park:

"It's fun and it's free!"

Ain't many exes gonna return to the madness of Hubbardism. In fact, I know of ONE. All that junk mail and phone calls every week, and they got one person back 'in' after twenty years. They caught him when he was feeling low. Stay happy: that's the best defense against CofS.

Gadfly

Crusader

Besides, how would an ex unlearn the truth about Hubbard's disastrous naval career, his bigamy, his dabblings with satanism, his betrayal of Mary Sue, his being shot full of Vistaril right before he 'departed for Target Two'... and so on, and so on. And that's just the stuff about Blubbard. If a person finds out about the crimes and human rights abuses that are done in order to further Scientology's aims... no moral person could go back to the cult.

Ain't many exes gonna return to the madness of Hubbardism. In fact, I know of ONE. All that junk mail and phone calls every week, and they got one person back 'in' after twenty years. They caught him when he was feeling low. Stay happy: that's the best defense against CofS.

So true. I have been fully out for over a decade, and I can't imagine ANY scenario where I would "go back". I know too much. I could never pretend that I don't know what I know.

At best, if I had some urge to try out the L-rundowns or something along those lines, I would ONLY do so with some long-term FZ person, but even that would require that I feel that I "need something handled", or that I "am sitting in some ruin" - which I don't!

For me, curiosity is about my strongest motivation as regards a very small few tech areas of Scn. One of the L's involves only being allowed to attest if the "PC is stably exterior". The ONLY thing that EVER kept me going for as long as I did in Scn was because of how great I felt at certain points during auditing. Otherwise, there was far too much to dislike about Scientology to remain involved. No amount of "feeling great" could forever keep me in denial about the VERY many outpoints I routinely noticed while involved with the Scientology organization.

But, NO motivation could ever cause me to deny what I know to be true about the very many NEGATIVE asepcts of Hubbard, the subject of Scientology and the Church of Scientology.

But, it does have a nice ring to it . . . . stably exterior . . . . :confused2:

Sorry, but THAT was always MY button! :whistling:

++++++++++++++

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Exactly. This is why I think the Church believes it can recover most exes.

Exes may diagree with this or that action, but the mindset that got them into Scientology in the first place is still lying there within them.

The Anabaptist Jacques

What mindset are you referring to? My "mindset" when I entered the Church was that I had stumbled on a tool that could revolutionize psychotherapy, and give aid to myself and my connections.

I didn't say they would succeed. But I think from their point of view they believe they can recover most people.

The Anabaptist Jacques

What mindset are you referring to? My "mindset" when I entered the Church was that I had stumbled on a tool that could revolutionize psychotherapy, and give aid to myself and my connections.

That mindset for one. Mind was to create a civilization without war.

But the bottom line to both of us is the desire for a better world and that there must be a better way.

I'm not saying they will or could succeed. But I think they believe they can and that they believe time is on their side. Like they'll get us next lifetime or something like that.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Freeminds

Moderation request

Dear Emma,

We've had several rambling conspiracy theory threads just in the last few days. Chemtrails, JFK and this one: maybe others. I am concerned that ESMB will start to look like a kooky conspiracy theory board - and that ain't what I'm here on ESMB for. There are plenty of places elsewhere on the Internet for those what want to trade conspiracy theories.

Would it be unreasonable to ask if maybe all the off-topic paranoid fucknuttery -- or at least the off-topic paranoid fucknuttery that's promoted by a single troll -- is merged into a single thread, to reduce it's visibility and let us reacquire our former focus on the Con of Ron?

Just an idea.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Dear Emma,

We've had several rambling conspiracy theory threads just in the last few days. Chemtrails, JFK and this one: maybe others. I am concerned that ESMB will start to look like a kooky conspiracy theory board - and that ain't what I'm here on ESMB for. There are plenty of places elsewhere on the Internet for those what want to trade conspiracy theories.

Would it be unreasonable to ask if maybe all the off-topic paranoid fucknuttery -- or at least the off-topic paranoid fucknuttery that's promoted by a single troll -- is merged into a single thread, to reduce it's visibility and let us reacquire our former focus on the Con of Ron?

Just an idea.

Does this a 'second'?

Toady : seconded !

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Could we a least have some fun conspiracy theories!?

Like this one:

It's a coverup! - All this aerosol panic over chemtrails is a coverup to hide the real facts which is much more sinister!

The real conspiracy that is going on is CHICKENS! - Remember that Air Force General in Dr. Strangelove!? - He mentioned that B52's flew under the radar at treetop level, roasting all the chickens on their way to target! - What target!!?? - Hiding the truth in plain sight! - The TARGET WAS the CHICKENS!!!

b52_04.jpg

Note that this B52 has no less then 8 jetengines facilitating the frying of intire chickenfarms in one fell swoop! - This is NO coincidence! - And no answers forthcoming from either the US Air Force or the Skunk Works at Edwards AFB.. Can you say conspiracy? - And IF they do answer that's your proof of conspiracy right there!

Why do you think that there is an insidious world spanning organization called Kentucky Fried CHICKEN!!?

I can tell you this! - The Sinister Cult of Scientology is mixed up in this! - They'll deny it of course.. Shore stories! - We all know that chickens farms are farther inland.. Shore stories is just to make us look at shores, which is the wrong place!

This is tied up with the Chicken Incident! - Don't go there!! - Keep your calm at all costs! - The Chicken incident is highly restimulative, as evidenced by the very conspiracy in question!

:yes:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Wow! Schwimmie, did you learn about that when you were with the GO?

I'm so shaken up by this new theory that I just can't flatten my hair!

I must watch Dr Strangelove again. I love it anyway.

Dear Emma,

Just an idea.

And also move it to the members only section.

The Anabaptist Jacques

xguardian

Patron with Honors
ex members all alike...

And also move it to the members only section.

The Anabaptist Jacques

I found out you are also an ex-christian..gotta be you.:coolwink:

January 27th, 2010
1. I apologize to all the homosexuals. I am sorry that I believed in a religion that condemns you. I am sorry that for many years I thought that the bible was right in it’s condemnation of homosexuality. I am sorry that when I no longer thought the bible was right about homosexuality being a sin, I did not raise a gigantic stink about it every Sunday right in the middle of the sermon… week after week after week… until the church issued a restraining order against me and I could no longer come within a hundred feet of the sanctuary.

2. I apologize to everyone on the face of the earth that has not accepted Jesus christ as their personal savior because I believed that you were all going to hell. This includes Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Pagans, Environmentalists, Democrats, Movie Stars (especially Tom Cruise), Scientologists, University Professors, Physicists, Geneticists, Europeans, Women’s Studies Majors, Feminists, Millionaires, Billionaires, Hippies, Atheists, Agnostics, Astrologers, People who read their horoscopes, People who watch Bay Watch, Vegetarians, J.K Rowling, Bill Gates, All High-School Biology Teachers who teach evolution and P.E .Teachers who teach a yearly unit on sex-ed..

3. I apologize to all my former Sunday school students because I taught you that the bible was the word of god. I perpetuated a myth that the bible is a special book that should be regarded ‘much more highly than it ought’. I encouraged you to trust this book, to think this book contained sacred ideas about life and god. I made you think that the stories in the bible were intrinsically valuable and could teach you about how god works and who god is. I apologize for always referring to god as a ‘he’, thereby further anthropomorphizing a pretend deity and making you think ‘he’ was real and decidedly masculine. I apologize for teaching you to think that you were a sinner and that Jesus had to die for you when you are really just a beautiful child, perfect in every way from the minute you were born (except for when you aren’t). I apologize for telling you that Jesus conquered death and that you should put your trust in him when there is not a shred of evidence of the resurrection except for what is in the bible. I apologize for not respecting your intelligence and glazing over thorny issues and rationalizing all the bullshit that is so present at all times in ‘god’s word’. (I apologize for saying bullshit in this apology). I apologize for ever calling the bible ‘god’s word’. It isn’t ‘god’s word’. It’s just a book. There are a lot of other much better books. There are books that helped humanity move beyond misogyny and slavery and tyranny. There are books that led to scientific discoveries which led to medicine and helpful machines and made the world a better place. None of those books are in the bible. In fact, the bible helps people to justify misogyny and tyranny and slavery and the bible made church leaders fear science and so they burned scientists and doctors and smart people because what those smart people were learning was often in direct conflict with what the bible and the church taught. I apologize for not telling you that the bible and christianity are two of the main reasons that it took people so long to move from tyranny into democracy, from slavery to human rights, from cruel religious mandates to civil law. I hope someday you will figure that out for yourselves in spite of what I taught you.

4. I apologize for giving money to the church. I apologize for helping to support and pay for a building that stands empty six days a week. I apologize for giving my hard earned cash to pay an enormous utility bill on a mostly empty church building. I wish I would have given all that money to alleviate real human suffering. To purify drinking water, to build a third world hospital, to educate a child living in a slum, to improve an orphanage, to further research on diseases, to clothe the naked, feed the hungry, heal the sick, reform the prisoners, but instead so much of my available funds have up until now, been sucked into a huge building that gets used once a week by wealthy over -fed Americans who get upset if the sanctuary is not adequately cooled in July.

5. I apologize for believing all sorts of mad things that are seriously messed up and incredibly hurtful to my fellow humans. Things like god causes the sins of the parents to punish the children and the grandchildren (which some christians use to explain birth defects). Things like excusing the extra creepy stuff in the bible (slavery, misogyny, genocide) based on ‘historical context’ instead of just insisting that it was wrong back then and it’s wrong now. I apologize for things like teaching the stories of big bible heroes like Abraham and Jacob and not insisting that taking a slave for a wife was a hideous violation of human rights because having a slave and then raping a slave and then fathering children with a slave is no way for anyone to EVER behave even if you are a BIBLE BIGWIG. I apologize for thinking it is okay for god to ask a person (Abraham) to murder their child to prove their faith and even thinking that if I really loved god, I too must be willing to murder my child if god asked me. I apologize for things like thinking that I had ever done anything so terrible… so horrible.. so AWFUL to warrant someone else to have to die on a cross for me. (Hey! I am far from perfect, but no one should have to be tortured and slowly murdered for my eternal salvation).

6. I apologize to my kids for being a passive aggressive christian mom. For saying things to them like ‘”if you are lying to me, god knows. He knows you are lying so you better not be lying because he knows. God knows everything. Are you lying? Because if you are lying god can tell. You can lie to your mom but you can’t lie to god. God sees everything. Are you lying? You better not be lying to me because even if I don’t know – god knows” … etc etc etc…

7. Finally, I apologize for allowing my faith to numb my response to the problems of the world. So when there was injustice, or crime, or pain, or hunger, or illness, or ignorance, or war, or greed, or tyranny, or slavery or abuse, or addiction, or pollution, or natural disasters – I believed that god was taking care of it and I didn’t really have to do anything… (except pray). Because it was god’s will… and god was using these bad things to teach me compassion… or patience… or that satan was ‘the ruler of this world’… or that we should forgive… or god was ‘perfecting’ us… or ‘disciplining’ us. (Boy! god sure disciplines the hell out of Africa doesn’t he?) I was taught that all you have to do to get into ‘heaven’ is accept Jesus as your savior. You can do good things if you want, but good deeds are not getting your ass into heaven. So why would I bother helping out? My ass was already saved!

For all these things I am truly sorry and I most humbly repent…

AND plan to make changes, repair damages and do the hokey pokey and turn myself around.

So Be It,

Rechelle AntiBaptist

put your left foot in put your right foot out...:dance3::dance2::handinhand::dancer:

Mike McClaughry

Patron with Honors
Federal Cover-Up Of
A chronological investigative analysis of once-classified intelligence reports, corporate papers, copyright and trademark records, court documents, and other public records has exposed a massive and pervasive co-ordination of the Executive and Judicial Branches in order to effect a cover-up, since at least 1972, of copyrighted Scientology technologies being illegally utilized in United States strategic intelligence. The study shows that the cover-up has reached all the way to the Oval Office in both Republican and Democratic administrations, including those of George Bush and Jimmy Carter. Bush's knowledge and involvement dates back at least to his term as Director of Central Intelligence.

Oh Christ. Not this again.

:melodramatic: