What's new

Another Mission going down

Rae

Patron with Honors
Here's the actual info

Ok gang.

First of all, it is for real. I've received various emails about this also.

They are definitely looking for a new Mission Holder. Linda Quay is the current mission holder who opened the mission. She is a Class Vl auditor and OTV. She was on her BC Interneship when she was diagnosed with cancer and has been fighting the battle every since. It's been about 1 1/2 yrs or more now. I know all the people connected to the mission. It has been struggling since the beginning..often hosting "band night" and charging $5 to get in to raise money for the rent. The staff are not trained..it's just a name. The "HES" is probably no more trained as an actual HES than someone that's done SS1 and SS11. There have been several "HES"es that I know of. The mission was delivering some Book 1 but with Linda gone, I'm not sure that is happening anymore.

When the Basics first came out, the missions were left out of being able to deliver them.(total stupidity but a DM "strategy" of "booming the orgs" so it looked like major expansion was happening) Of course, this crashed the missions even more so management finally, after about 4 months gave them "permission" to deliver. Also, because so many OTs were going to missions, especially in the LA area(there is the highest concentration of OTs in the Sunland/Tujunga/Glendale areas than anywhere else and there are three missions in the area:Sunland/Tujunga, Montrose and Brand Blvd and public would have rather gone to somewhere very close than go down to PAC) 3 or 4 years ago some "directive" came down the pike that prohibited missions from delivering to Clears and OTs as the purpose of missions is not to service existing public but to get new public in. So that further crashed the missions in the LA area..but then a couple of missions were given the ok due to the amt of Clears and OTs demanding to do so. (and to make it easier for the guys on OTVll who have to audit to get on their Basics, who live close to one of these missions(these guys have to work, audit, participate in all the crap management demands AND do their Basics)

Last I knew, the mission was only open in the evenings and one day on the weekend. It's a very small.

Mystic

Crusader
Great thread. Another example showing scienfaggOTry doesn't work, creates...no, "create" is way out of their league...produces chaos, havoc, confusion, cross orders, no direction to go and the continuous fail which is the goal of The Tech (red or green, makes no difference).

Ali.G

Patron
Sorry, didn't read any and all threads, but I really don't understand.... I assume, as somebody said, they are really looking for a mission holder as they are at loss and they'd need somebody to finance the mission while it "restructures".
If this is true, then I really don't understand why they are looking for somebody... if they are not earning enough to keep the mission open the reasons to me can be at most two: either the mission is in an area where it is not needed, as people prefer higher orgs; or the staff is badly incompetent, which is a good reason why the current mission should die.
At most, I could see they are having trouble as they have been ripped off by Sea Org or Org recruiters, but in this case, somebody should take responsibility for that (except the stupid policy that if you are affluent, you can do any crime and be safe, or do I remember badly that policy?). Or because somebody has blown or was declared, but again in this case, it means the mission was not at cause, ain't it? ;)
I know I'm being harsh, but the question is: why should somebody save that mission?
If it was really important, it should be the nearest org itself to finance the mission (and maybe give it some needed staff). But I guess Org holders don't know what "team play" and "pandeterminism" (or pandetermination?) means.

You know what? Actually we've had a similar situation where I live. "Affluent org" and, 100 miles away from it, very small mission who could barely survive. It just doesn't make sense. It means support is missing and "me is me and you is you". In fact the org continually tried to steal personnel from the mission... I guess many Scientologist have big misunderstandings of the basics in life and organization, despite seven volumes of HCO PLs...............................

Feral

Rogue male
Sorry, didn't read any and all threads, but I really don't understand.... I assume, as somebody said, they are really looking for a mission holder as they are at loss and they'd need somebody to finance the mission while it "restructures".
If this is true, then I really don't understand why they are looking for somebody... if they are not earning enough to keep the mission open the reasons to me can be at most two: either the mission is in an area where it is not needed, as people prefer higher orgs; or the staff is badly incompetent, which is a good reason why the current mission should die.
At most, I could see they are having trouble as they have been ripped off by Sea Org or Org recruiters, but in this case, somebody should take responsibility for that (except the stupid policy that if you are affluent, you can do any crime and be safe, or do I remember badly that policy?). Or because somebody has blown or was declared, but again in this case, it means the mission was not at cause, ain't it? ;)
I know I'm being harsh, but the question is: why should somebody save that mission?
If it was really important, it should be the nearest org itself to finance the mission (and maybe give it some needed staff). But I guess Org holders don't know what "team play" and "pandeterminism" (or pandetermination?) means.

You know what? Actually we've had a similar situation where I live. "Affluent org" and, 100 miles away from it, very small mission who could barely survive. It just doesn't make sense. It means support is missing and "me is me and you is you". In fact the org continually tried to steal personnel from the mission... I guess many Scientologist have big misunderstandings of the basics in life and organization, despite seven volumes of HCO PLs...............................

This is Scientology management 101.

SMI int would be screaming at the mission staff to find a replacement for the mission holder. "Quickly, find another patsy to sign up for the liabilities of this mission!" "You must keep it open, it's a suppressive act to close an org!!"

Up the lines at SMI, where the orders appear to be coming from, their seniors will be yelling at them, "Does this look like 'straight up and vertical' your 'eternity' is on the line here!!! Get it handled, tone 40!!!"

In turn that person may be David Miscavige's direct junior, well, he might be in for a flogging if that mission closes....depending on the day. Maybe DM will just transfer his wife to the CLO Russia for the next 10 years.

So finding a new mission holder to throw under the bus IS *good management*.

Scientology works!

Simple really.

Ali.G

Patron
Actually, missions used to be a big deal. They used to feed a whole lot of new public to upper orgs.

Cars change, cities change, people habits change.

Still small franchises can have their role. On a very trafficked road you maybe couldn't afford to set up an org. There might not even be adeguate space. But a small mission can fit.

And some towns are disconnected from big cities. There though it is more difficult to set up a mission, less people, who are less concentrated, means less contact.

But missions should be there for what they are called. And if SCN is really humanitarian, they should be supported and set up by SMI when for structural reasons cannot be run, at least initially, other than at a loss.

They have to invest on the super power building now, so Missions can wait (and die...) ;)

archetypes

Patron with Honors
I lived in the Sunland area for 16 years and am familiar with the mission and other church entities in the area.

With the money demand on area scilons from 2 BigDeal Org fund drives, Pasadena and Valley orgs and the fact that many of the area scilons are onlines at Pac Base orgs, it doesn't surprise me a bit the mission is dying.

Another casualty in the Sunland area is Delphi LA which per reports from a former staff there is badly stat crashed after getting their own buildings built and campus established after a long fund drive.

Hard to believe in the demise of both entities since of course Scientology Works and in the case of Delphi LA it even had a cause over life OT8 running the show.

Whoops! :omg:

I did my Purif at the Glendale Mission -- do you have any word on how they are doing? I think it was owned by a big wig FSM.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Actually, missions used to be a big deal. They used to feed a whole lot of new public to upper orgs.

I am well aware of that. I was speaking for what's going on at this time.
Missions>>>>Class V orgs>>>>AO's>>>>Flag................normally.

Now it's pretty much just AO's>>>>>>Flag

Gus

Patron with Honors
I did my Purif at the Glendale Mission -- do you have any word on how they are doing? I think it was owned by a big wig FSM.

I think that one's owned by Mitch Talevi? A very good guitar player, as I recall.

I haven't been in there but they seem to have band nights every other Friday. I don't think they charge admission, though.

-Gus

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
With all this momentum in Scientology, it would be a shame to see us shrink, even just a little.

This is delicious.

It is the ESSENTIAL CORE DELUSION of Scientology and Scientologists.

The Tech Works (even when it doesn't, even when our Operating Thetan mission holder is dying and Scn can't do anything to help her despite 60 years of "scientifically proven healing miracles" )

Scientology is the world's fastest growing religion. Our Church's stats are in power. Our Church has unprecedented expansion and unstoppable momentum. (except for our local church which is dying)

Common Theme? Dying humans and dying organizations claiming that they have unlocked the ultimate mysteries in the universe giving them super powers and super admin and super results.

When actual results do not match hyperbolic glossy advertising claims, parishioners simply apply TR 3 and repeat whatever they are doing. (e.g. Death of a human and Death of an organization are not important "originations" to be understood and handled with TR 4 but "distractions and Q&A" to be ignored.)

I am not the only one that doesn't believe in Scientology. The Scientologists themselves don't even believe and apply it.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think that one's owned by Mitch Talevi? A very good guitar player, as I recall.

I haven't been in there but they seem to have band nights every other Friday. I don't think they charge admission, though.

-Gus

Admission's free, you pay to get out!

Ali.G

Patron
Now it's pretty much just AO's>>>>>>Flag

If I was in Los Angeles, that's surely what I would do. ;)
I do remember though that when I visited LA moving in the "city" (can I use the word city and Los Angeles in the same sentence?) was really a mess.
Still, for processing that would be perfectly true.

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
The high nubmers of those on the OT levels having terminal illnesses is scary.

Maybe there is something to be said about obtaining OT powers. Perhaps the higher being (if there is one) has come to the conclusion that they know too much and is doing them in. Oh wait, I guess they pulled it in themselves.

It sure is sad to hear about so many on the uppler levels doing so poorly healthwise tho... :sad:

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
I lived in the Sunland area for 16 years and am familiar with the mission and other church entities in the area.

With the money demand on area scilons from 2 BigDeal Org fund drives, Pasadena and Valley orgs and the fact that many of the area scilons are onlines at Pac Base orgs, it doesn't surprise me a bit the mission is dying.

Another casualty in the Sunland area is Delphi LA which per reports from a former staff there is badly stat crashed after getting their own buildings built and campus established after a long fund drive.

Hard to believe in the demise of both entities since of course Scientology Works and in the case of Delphi LA it even had a cause over life OT8 running the show.

Whoops! :omg:

wow. Delphi was working on that new building since my sister was attending - some 20 years ago. When I was on staff there was a big blow up between orgs and Delphi that John woodruff started. I think to distract from the stats which were not making St. Hill size levels – I thought it at the time and I still think it.

It was interesting. LAD was recruiting a couple of Delphi students, Delphi was screaming about it (I never knew why) and something came up about S.O. recruitment being cut across by LAD. Like I said it was a mess and I think Woodruff created it to distract from what he had going on.

archetypes

Patron with Honors

This is delicious.

It is the ESSENTIAL CORE DELUSION of Scientology and Scientologists.

The Tech Works (even when it doesn't, even when our Operating Thetan mission holder is dying and Scn can't do anything to help her despite 60 years of "scientifically proven healing miracles" )

Scientology is the world's fastest growing religion. Our Church's stats are in power. Our Church has unprecedented expansion and unstoppable momentum. (except for our local church which is dying)

Common Theme? Dying humans and dying organizations claiming that they have unlocked the ultimate mysteries in the universe giving them super powers and super admin and super results.

When actual results do not match hyperbolic glossy advertising claims, parishioners simply apply TR 3 and repeat whatever they are doing. (e.g. Death of a human and Death of an organization are not important "originations" to be understood and handled with TR 4 but "distractions and Q&A" to be ignored.)

I am not the only one that doesn't believe in Scientology. The Scientologists themselves don't even believe and apply it.

The Tech seems to work better in the Freezone than in the CofS and that makes sense to me and is true for me too. My motto when deciding to deal with the CofS (i.e., courses, materials, auditing) is caveat emptor. Take the "goodies" and run :happydance:

Just like a lot of other churches, people do not always join because of the tech, but for other reasons too. Have you ever seen a bunch of clay-foot Baptists in the parking lot after services? :lol: So much for the Christian "tech" of prayer/meditation/praise/fasting/confession/intention. :confused2:

archetypes

Patron with Honors
The high nubmers of those on the OT levels having terminal illnesses is scary.

Maybe there is something to be said about obtaining OT powers. Perhaps the higher being (if there is one) has come to the conclusion that they know too much and is doing them in. Oh wait, I guess they pulled it in themselves.

It sure is sad to hear about so many on the uppler levels doing so poorly healthwise tho... :sad:

Yes, I agree, it is sad that a person has to learn the hard way to get the hell out of there. Two of my favorite Scientologists left the CofS through dropping their bodies -- both OTs (i.e., pre-OTs). I think that is more a result of what you said -- the higher being knows and that's a set up for a real PTS situation that can never be properly addressed as long as they are collapsed into the enforced viewpoint of the CofS (i.e., can't see the Freezone as being part of Scientology).