What's new

Another OT8 resigns in writing, letter to Miscavige. MUST READ

MAX YOUR CREDIT

Patron with Honors
Welcome!

I am just happy that another Scientologist has left the "church".

Welcome to the real world and good luck to you. :)

Perhaps you can help others leave too.

Jim Little

Patron with Honors
Yes, I had orginally posted this letter from Luis Garcia a few days ago because we had picked it up off of a yahoo Scientology group. We thought it was so well written that we posted it on our blog and here.

That night we received a message from Luis and he asked us to wait a few days so he could get his letter out to the people he knows via email before OSA/DSA black balled him to all of his friends and declared him. We thought that was a great idea so we asked that our thread be removed.

He also stated that is information about the list of declared people was not correct and has since corrected it and sent out a revised open letter. I do have a copy of that letter to put on our blog but I gave my word I would wait for him to say when.

Every open letter helps get out of the cult. It may not be the 1st or the 10th one you read but suddenly you do wake up. I know that its some peoples intention to stop people from getting into Scientology, but my goal right now is to get my friends out. Both goals are important.

Sindy

Crusader
What happen to the original thread about this letter created by Jim Little?

Now that's spotting an outpoint! Actually, Jim had requested that it be removed because Luis wasn't ready to have it published as it was intended to be in an email form first. Apparently it got resurrected.

Last edited:

Sindy

Crusader
Yes, I had orginally posted this letter from Luis Garcia a few days ago because we had picked it up off of a yahoo Scientology group. We thought it was so well written that we posted it on our blog and here.

That night we received a message from Luis and he asked us to wait a few days so he could get his letter out to the people he knows via email before OSA/DSA black balled him to all of his friends and declared him. We thought that was a great idea so we asked that our thread be removed.

He also stated that is information about the list of declared people was not correct and has since corrected it and sent out a revised open letter. I do have a copy of that letter to put on our blog but I gave my word I would wait for him to say when.

Every open letter helps get out of the cult. It may not be the 1st or the 10th one you read but suddenly you do wake up. I know that its some peoples intention to stop people from getting into Scientology, but my goal right now is to get my friends out. Both goals are important.

Thanks Jim.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
I see only two good things about this 'OT' leaving: First, he will not be funneling any more money into the church and second, his leaving may lead to more defections.

Other than that, he is still a dyed-in-the-wool clam that will continue to proclaim Hubbard's psychobabble as the path to 'total freedom'.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
I see only two good things about this 'OT' leaving: First, he will not be funneling any more money into the church and second, his leaving may lead to more defections.

Other than that, he is still a dyed-in-the-wool clam that will continue to proclaim Hubbard's psychobabble as the path to 'total freedom'.

But in his terms this is an immense step. A clam is obliged to move very slowly since he has to take his shell with him but this is a big step. In fact such a big step I'm not sure there is a quote to support it. :unsure:

Scientology doesn't prepare people for leaving it. Good luck, clam.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
When an OT VIII leaves the group it is noticed by those still in. What a cultie has been taught is that they all NEED to become OT VIII.

I can see where to people who are out of the cult and no longer stuck in cult think can go ' big deal. somebody who did the gobble-de-gook left. so what'.

I think when an OT VIII leaves it is a boat rocker for many public and staff still in. - particularly fence sitters.

And betcha there are more of the original about 2,000 OT VIII that are out or "inactive " than are " in "

When an OT VIII leaves the group it is noticed by those still in. What a cultie has been taught is that they all NEED to become OT VIII.

I can see where to people who are out of the cult and no longer stuck in cult think can go ' big deal. somebody who did the gobble-de-gook left. so what'.

I think when an OT VIII leaves it is a boat rocker for many public and staff still in. - particularly fence sitters.

And betcha there are more of the original about 2,000 OT VIII that are out or "inactive " than are " in "

An OT VIII leaving is one thing, but couple that with all the other red flags such as the empty buildings members were shaken down to help purchase with such urgency that are now just sitting idle, the ever increasing pressure to bring in more money with less and less public being interested in Scientology, and the increasing negative PR in the mainstream media, all of these have to be waking people up. At some point they have to hit a threshold and say to themselves, why am I still putting myself through this?

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
This guy is citing a lot of references, but still hasn't found the correct "Why".

The "Why" is Hubbard. Miscavige is just a dwarf.

I fully agree with you on this one.

This guy needs to do more research on Laffy. His own son said that he rarely took his own advise. Just because he could spout nice sounding high-principled concepts doesn't mean he adhered to them himself. It's manifestly evident that he didn't.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
I fail to see in what way DM has not followed KSW and/or the example of Hubbard himself. Isn't KSW the "alpha" policy under which all other policy is subordinate? Isn't the regging of parishioners "using" Scientology to raise money? Hubbard lied about statistics and spoke fiercly about the use of "acceptable" truth? Isn't the Ideal Org strategy a furtherance of Hubbard's stated intention of smashing his name into history? Isn't the adopting of multiple hats a failure on the part of the individual Scientologists to exercise their own self determined integrity?

All seems crazy to me. Sure, DM is a bad bugger, but his actions are being encouraged by those who enable his refined insanity which, in turn, is the near ideal final outcome of Scientology itself. Hubbard said something about an auditor will not make a cannibal stop being a cannibal but will make him a better cannibal. Same too with psychopaths.

Just Bill nailed it with his Wrong Why and Wrong Who piece.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
An OT VIII leaving is one thing, but couple that with all the other red flags such as the empty buildings members were shaken down to help purchase with such urgency that are now just sitting idle, the ever increasing pressure to bring in more money with less and less public being interested in Scientology, and the increasing negative PR in the mainstream media, all of these have to be waking people up. At some point they have to hit a threshold and say to themselves, why am I still putting myself through this?

Yep.

People leaving.
Big people leaving.
Staff blowing.
Empty orgs.
Buildings bought and left idle.
Regs under every rock and when one refuses to buy more Basics they just take the $$$ out of the accounts anyway.
Discovering what is on the 'net :)

It all helps.

Truth, at last, shows up.......even for a slow one like me - LOL !

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Santa.jpg