What's new

Another Phone Call re: The Basic Books

FoTi

Crusader
Just got another call from the same lady that tried to sell me the Basic books several months ago. She told me about all the wins she is having from the Basics....said her eyesight is getting better, etc. I told her that was nice that she was having the wins.

The last time she called, she and couple of other SO staff spent several days trying to convince me that I needed the Basics. They finally gave up. They cannot stand to hear the truth.

This time, I just told her that I could buy the Basic books online for practically nothing because people are dumping them, that DM abuses his staff, that people who had done the whole bridge on both sides have left the church and are speaking out, that the church lies about what can be achieved by their services....that it is not a bridge to total freedom. I said that there were too many people out who have done all the OT Levels and are highly trained that say it's not so and are speaking about the abuses at Int. I didn't get to say all I wanted to say to her this time.

I told her I didn't like the disconnection from families. Her response was ....that was back in the 70's. I told her no....it was right now...that these people are recently out and more are coming out all the time, talking about the disconnection from their families because they decided to leave the church.

She could only hold her own on the phone with me this time for a couple of minutes before she hung up. I think I impinged. I don't see how she can continually go on doing this forever with this kind of feedback from the people she calls, without it someday affecting her. I know what I said bothered her.

Unfortunately she hung up before I could give her the 1-866-XSEAORG phone number for help if she ever decides to leave. If she ever calls again, I will make sure to give it to her before she has a chance to hang up.

Last edited:

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
You did well and you never know when and how your words influence a person.

Opter

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Just got another call from the same lady that tried to sell me the Basic books several months ago. She told me about all the wins she is having from the Basics....said her eyesight is getting better, etc. I told her that was nice that she was having the wins.

The last time she called, she and couple of other SO staff spent several days trying to convince me that I needed the Basics. They finally gave up. They cannot stand to hear the truth.

This time, I just told her that I could buy the Basic books online for practically nothing because people are dumping them, that DM abuses his staff, that people who had done the whole bridge on both sides have left the church and are speaking out, that the church lies about what can be achieved by their services....that it is not a bridge to total freedom. I said that there were too many people out who have done all the OT Levels and are highly trained that say it's not so and are speaking about the abuses at Int. I didn't get to say all I wanted to say to her this time.

I told her I didn't like the disconnection from families. Her response was ....that was back in the 70's. I told her no....it was right now...that these people are recently out and more are coming out all the time, talking about the disconnection from their families because they decided to leave the church.

She could only hold her own on the phone with me this time for a couple of minutes before she hung up. I think I impinged. I don't see how she can continually go on doing this forever with this kind of feedback from the people she calls, without it someday affecting her. I know what I said bothered her.

Unfortunately she hung up before I could give her the 1-800-EX-SEAORG phone number for help if she ever decides to leave. If she ever calls again, I will make sure to give it to her before she has a chance to hang up.

You did great!

I really believe in what you did.

It just takes one domino to begin leaning a tiny bit.....

A_woman_trying_to_hold_up_toppling_dominoes_100730-215928-160009.jpg

FoTi

Crusader
FoTi,

You have far more patience than I do (with the phone callers).

If I have a chance to talk with them I will try to put some truth out to them to counter the lies that they are fed all the time that keep them locked into that mind f**k. I keep thinking that maybe some truth will cut through the BS indoctination that comes at them 24/7. This is my way of picketing, since I'm too far away to do any real picketing/protesting outside their orgs. It may not be much, but if it results in even one staff member going free from the cult, it's worth it.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Basics? Look in the dumpster behind your local library and most likely you'll find a complete set of the "basics" still in the shrink wrap.

You can have 'em for free as librarys are trashing them as fast as they come in.

Nobody wants that stuff these days.... their jig is up.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
FoTi,
Well done and one day that lady will find herself on the outside looking back and wondering WTF was I thinking getting into that crew.
James

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Unfortunately she hung up before I could give her the 1-800-EX-SEAORG phone number for help if she ever decides to leave. If she ever calls again, I will make sure to give it to her before she has a chance to hang up.

Great! Give her the right number, though. It is 1-866-XSEAORG.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks very much for the correction. I changed it in my posts and I will remember that now.

Well, you almost got it right. There's no E in it: not 1-866 EXSEAORG but 1-866 XSEAORG. Third time's a charm and all that. :)

Paul

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

Unfortunately she hung up before I could give her the 1-866-EX-SEAORG phone number for help if she ever decides to leave. If she ever calls again, I will make sure to give it to her before she has a chance to hang up.

I would love to start getting those fone calls. I used to enjoy the calls I was getting from a zombie bill collector, but, after about 18 months of constant calls and me constantly doing various impressions ... counseling them as if I was a head shrinker and pointing out that they were calling from an institution, that I was there to help them, and that they were very delusional ... plus, of course, doing Beavis in his Great Cornholio mode, or a variation ... "Just admit ... the real reason you are calling is because you need teepee for your bung hole" to demanding a supervisor and singing the I-95 Asshole Song ... I would have loads of fun with them. If the truth be known, the bill collectors were more script bound and zombified then the clams. The clam calls would probably be a lot more fun. Anyone wanting to ditch a clam can pass said clam on to me, copping to "getting a new cell phone number" or some such thing. PM me and it can be arranged.

Pete

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

Unfortunately she hung up before I could give her the 1-866-EX-SEAORG phone number for help if she ever decides to leave. If she ever calls again, I will make sure to give it to her before she has a chance to hang up.

I would love to start getting those fone calls. I used to enjoy the calls I was getting from a zombie bill collector, but, after about 18 months of constant calls and me constantly doing various impressions ... counseling them as if I was a head shrinker and pointing out that they were calling from an institution, that I was there to help them, and that they were very delusional ... plus, of course, doing Beavis in his Great Cornholio mode, or a variation ... "Just admit ... the real reason you are calling is because you need teepee for your bung hole" to demanding a supervisor and singing the I-95 Asshole Song ... I would have loads of fun with them. If the truth be known, the bill collectors were more script bound and zombified then the clams. The clam calls would probably be a lot more fun. Anyone wanting to ditch a clam can pass said clam on to me, copping to "getting a new cell phone number" or some such thing. PM me and it can be arranged.

There are all manner of routines I would like to run on them. Since they are unabashed, I would say ... "You caught me in the middle of taking a shit. That's ok, I like to talk to people when I am on the john, but at some point I am going to have to put the fone down so I can wipe, ok?" I could then constantly interrupt the conversation, to which I would pretend keen interest, with various grunts, farting noises, comments on how bad it smells, comments on how big a turd I dropped, discussions on getting enough fiber in the diet, how lack of fiber leads to racing stripes in jockey shorts, how girls seem to be better at wiping their behinds than most men, what a turn off it is when you are about to bang some chick and she does have racing stripes in her panties, what a drag it is going 69 with a gal who doesn't know how to wipe her ass, toilet flushing noises, etc. For the punch line I could state that somebody dropped a whole box of the Basics books off on me, and that is what I was using, since I ran out of teepee.

Pete

Gadfly

Crusader

Pete

For me, I find the average Scientologist to be so humorless and unable to think outside of their tiny little box of indoctrinated notions and ideas, that I gave up trying to have ANY sensible conversation with them a long time ago. At least as concerns the subject of Hubbard and Scientology.

Trying to talk to one about Hubbard or Scientology is not unlike trying to have a conversation with a bag of hammers or a box of rocks. Having a conversation with either does very little to excite or interest me.

NoNuke, I just LOVE the Beavis routines of Cornholio, but I suspect the "humor" would escape most over-indoctrinated Scios. They would see you as "nuts".

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
NoNuke, I just LOVE the Beavis routines of Cornholio, but I suspect the "humor" would escape most over-indoctrinated Scios. They would see you as "nuts".

That is where my taking-the-fone-call-on-the-john routine comes into play. They can relate to being short on time, would probably be unabashed about talking to someone while they are taking a dump, and would relate to a lack of teepee.

Pete

Gadfly

Crusader
That is where my taking-the-fone-call-on-the-john routine comes into play. They can relate to being short on time, would probably be unabashed about talking to someone while they are taking a dump, and would relate to a lack of teepee.

Pete

"relate to the lack of teepee"

:hysterical:

(you are SUCH a nasty Joker and Degrader :thumbsup:)

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
For me, I find the average Scientologist to be so humorless and unable to think outside of their tiny little box of indoctrinated notions and ideas, that I gave up trying to have ANY sensible conversation with them a long time ago. At least as concerns the subject of Hubbard and Scientology.

Trying to talk to one about Hubbard or Scientology is not unlike trying to have a conversation with a bag of hammers or a box of rocks. Having a conversation with either does very little to excite or interest me.

Most times with an unslolicited phone call trying to sell me something be it a mortage reduction, carpet cleaner, home repair or whatever I thank them for calling and launch into a special sale on Anal Bleaching, why it is needed, what it does for them, how enhanced they will feel and all that. All for only $199 and if they order right now a free bush trim will be thrown in.

Nothing like stone silence from the one who called to make a pitch......and they never call back again.

Gadfly

Crusader
Most times with an unslolicited phone call trying to sell me something be it a mortage reduction, carpet cleaner, home repair or whatever I thank them for calling and launch into a special sale on Anal Bleaching, why it is needed, what it does for them, how enhanced they will feel and all that. All for only $199 and if they order right now a free bush trim will be thrown in.

Nothing like stone silence from the one who called to make a pitch......and they never call back again.

I differ about this. I never much got off on "laughing with myself". But, I can appreciate the fun of it.

In all examples you give above, I just never answer the phone. It goes to message, and if they leave one, I erase it. I just don't bother. To me, they simply "don't exist".

There are far too many (worthwhile) things to do as I see it. I understand that for some it is quite worthwhile and worth the laugh it gives them to give these callers a rough time. :yes:

It is like many years ago when the Jehovah's Witnesses came to the door, and I told them in total (contrived) sincerity that I was an avid Satanist. I went off on a tirade about how Lucifer really WAS the "good guy". That he was the one who encouraged "enlightment", that He was the Guiding Light along the paths of Yoga, Buddhism and meditation, and that the Christian Bible was the abomination. I DID giggle to myself as they scurried away.

Ron was right. Us thetans sure DO love to "create effects"! :omg: