What's new

Another TC girlfriend audition hits the press

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Tony Ortega said:
Anette Iren Johansen recently left the Church of Scientology and has been blogging about her experiences, citing “terrible abuses committed within the church.” But she saved until now her biggest secret: She was one of numerous women the church auditioned in 2004 and 2005 when Tom Cruise was looking for a new wife. She’s the first, however, to go public about her experience.

Read the whole story here:

http://tonyortega.org/2013/08/26/an...-auditioned-to-be-tom-cruises-wife/#more-9517

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Anette Iren Johansen , Geir Isene's lady, is one wonderful and inspirational ex! Thanks for posting this

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
Wow. Another mortar fired over the walls at the strange events that go on in Hemet, California. Who knew?

The longer I'm away from that world, the stranger and stranger those guys seem to be. What a weird cult scene. I mean, auditioning girls for Tom Cruise? Seriously? You literally couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

Gadfly

Crusader
From the article:

“I got a call from a top guy at the main base in L.A. He said it was regarding my audition and that he needed to ask some very private questions,” she says.

“He asked, ‘Do you have any sexual perversions?”

She told the man that she didn’t have any perversions. (She was between boyfriends at the time.)

He thanked her, and told her he might be back in touch with her. But she never heard anything else about the audition or from Golden Era."

Maybe she answered incorrectly. She should have said, "YES, I have MANY sexual perversions"! Maybe then she would have gotten called back. :coolwink: :biggrin: :clapping:

Last edited:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Here's a link to the October 2012 Vanity Fair article for those who would like to read it and/or refresh their memory: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2012/10/katie-holmes-divorce-scientology

From the Co$/scientology standpoint, has any 'good' come out of the November 2006 wedding of Cruise/Holmes? Nope*.

From an outsider's viewpoint in 2013, it appears there was much going on 'behind the scenes' at the upper echelons of Co$/scientology -- before, during, and after the wedding -- that is now coming to light. I think the period of time from November 2006 through May 2007 (when Panorama's tv show was broadcast) still has more 'gifts' to give in 2013.

JB

*There's plenty of info to suggest that were it not for this wedding, Co$/scientology would still count Tommy Davis, Leah Remini, Katie Holmes (lol), _____________, and ______________ among its 2013 adherents.

^^^Left the blanks for more names - Rinder? Rathbun? Angelo Pagan? Leah's Mom & Stepdad? Tommy D's Wife?

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I don't get it, he is not a brilliant actor and he's not exactly tall dark and handsome. He is rich, but gives a lot of that away, he is owned by Davey. It's hardly the lifestyle I would look for if I was a promising young actress.

BardoThodol

Silver Meritorious Patron
From the article:

“I got a call from a top guy at the main base in L.A. He said it was regarding my audition and that he needed to ask some very private questions,” she says.

“He asked, ‘Do you have any sexual perversions?”

She told the man that she didn’t have any perversions. (She was between boyfriends at the time.)

He thanked her, and told her he might be back in touch with her. But she never heard anything else about the audition or from Golden Era."

Maybe she answered incorrectly. She should have said, "YES, I have MANY sexual perversions"! Maybe then she would have gotten called back. :coolwink: :biggrin: :clapping:

"For example," she clarifies, "I like to pretend to be a dwarf leader of an oppressive cult. Confused about my sexuality, I strap on a very large dildo to compensate for my tiny penis, and strut around the room cursing everyone's incompetence, railing about my lack of support, cursing in the vilest language imaginable. Then I drop down on all fours, start barking like a dog, beg to be beaten and cum all over myself when someone takes me from behind."

She pauses, thinking. "But then again, since good and bad alike are considerations, is that really a perversion? Isn't life just a game in which we make our own tomorrow?"

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Grantland: Annals of Scientology: Tom Cruise Girlfriend Tryout Era Continues

Grantland: Annals of Scientology: Tom Cruise Girlfriend Tryout Era Continues
http://www.grantland.com/blog/holly...gy-tom-cruise-girlfriend-tryout-era-continues

Excerpt:
The latest development, in what has been a busy month, is the testimony of Anette Iren Johansen, a woman who parted ways with the religion in 2010 and gave an interview to Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker and the Australian magazine Woman's Day about her "audition" for the role of Tom Cruise's girlfriend in 2005, before he paired off with Katie Holmes. I suppose Vanity Fair wasn't eager to devote another cover to a would-be Mrs. Cruise pre-vetted by a group of Scientologists, having been blasted with an eight-page letter from the organization after Maureen Orth wrote her exposé on fellow auditioner Nazanin Boniadi in 2012. Boniadi's audition led to a brief relationship with the actor (during which time he reportedly asked her to file down her incisors), but Johansen's audition process ended following a cryptic phone call during which she was asked about whether she had any sexual perversions (though she said that she did not, they did not contact her again). At the time, Johansen was a 27-year-old practicing Scientologist living in Denmark and was familiar with vying for roles in Scientology media after appearing in training films and magazines, but something about this audition struck her as funky from the get-go: Instead of a script she was asked personal questions, she had to sign a confidentiality agreement, and the session was run entirely by women. Plus, she auditioned solo, as though for a short and lonely season of The Bachelor.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Independent: I also auditioned to be Cruise’s wife, says second former Scientologist

Independent: I also auditioned to be Tom Cruise’s wife, says second former Scientologist
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...says-second-former-scientologist-8786726.html

Excerpt:
A former Scientologist has claimed that she was one of several women “auditioned” as a potential wife for the actor and Scientology stalwart Tom Cruise before his marriage to the actress Katie Holmes.

In an article published simultaneously in the Australian magazine Women’s Day and The Underground Bunker, a blog about Scientology by the journalist Tony Ortega, Anette Iren Johansen claimed the audition took place in Copenhagen in 2005.

Ms Johansen, who describes herself on her Twitter page as an “entrepreneur, scientist, chemist, musician (trumpet, cornet and flugelhorn), artist, dancer, Scientology whistleblower, animal lover and geek from wonderful Norway”, ceased taking Scientology classes in 2010 and has started blogging about her experiences, including what she describes as “terrible abuses committed within the Church”.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Wow. Another mortar fired over the walls at the strange events that go on in Hemet, California. Who knew?

The longer I'm away from that world, the stranger and stranger those guys seem to be. What a weird cult scene. I mean, auditioning girls for Tom Cruise? Seriously? You literally couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

I just love to see those donations and IAS funds hard at work. It's so very good that Scientology is so...standard! As in "here on the same terms as the rest of us" and "standard" tech and such.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Dang! Wish someone would of screened all my wimmen.

Being an actress, I can understand why it might be attractive for someone like TC (who is much more famous than I can ever hope to be) to have his wimmin screened for him. It's really awful to have to slog through your own fame whores and celebrity hangers-on, but I've done it and survived. But personally, I would **NEVER** judge a celeb or public figure who wanted to have their potential mates screened.

That said, the biggest problem that I see with this (aside from the inurement) is the level of secrecy that was used. Like Anette wasn't even told what she was auditioning for. Wouldn't step #1 be to make sure that the person actually wanted to be with TC? Certainly I wouldn't want a dating service to send me guys who didn't want me. And all these ridiculous nondisclosure agreements and having Nazanin Boniadi scrubbing toilets for saying that she'd been dating TC. C'mon!??!!!!!

Screen away, recruit potential girlfriends, by all means, but this level of secrecy just makes the whole thing look beyond ridiculous when it comes out after the fact.

As usual, Scientology has fucked up something that might otherwise be rational and useful, and, through paranoid secrecy, has turned it into a fucking punchline.

Well played, Davey. Well played. :clap::clap::clap::clap: