What's new

Another way to view Scientology

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Cool.

Sometimes i wonder if pain caused to the mind/soul heals in the identical way that nature heals a knee bloodied by falling down.

The body already has unimaginably perfect "software" to heal it, by doing this. . .

Nothing.

Just letting the healing process work its way through the repair/regrowth of cells, scabs and the rest, until one day it looks like new.

I have often thought maybe the mind is the same.

By doing nothing, maybe it knows how to heal itself perfectly.

And by doing something (Scientology auditing, ethics conditions, training, et al) it just gets worse. I honestly believe Scientology makes things worse--to wit, the able become less able.

Maybe "doing nothing" is the meditation solution so many people swear by. Hubbard almost had it incorporated into Scientology in TR-0, but then he goofed the floof because he compulsively had to do/say more than "nothing", so he invented TR1,2,3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and beyond. He even developed TR-L (the lying TR) because he couldn't bear the idea of nothing.

He hated the nothing of being nobody. So he stole valor with dummied up war hero records, doctoral statuses and much more. Eventually he rapaciously claimed to be the savior of Earth and mankind. Even that wasn't enough, he went on to the "the only being in the history of the universe to pass through the Wall of Fire (OT III). That's when Ron claimed to be saving salvaging "this sector" of the universe. Later, he claimed he was saving all being in the entire universe too.

I find it fascinating that Hubbard boldly claimed to be able to do so many miracles. Just to name one, he guaranteed that he had discovered the technology to "SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE", when he himself had three unmitigated disasters in his own 3 failed marriages.

Well, back to "doing nothing" and allowing the mind to heal, I think much of what you speak of has to do with allowing your mind to go where it wants to go. And maybe your mind wanted to go in the direction of peace, love and forgiveness. Maybe someone else's mind heals in other manners. My mind, for example, feels quite happy to joyfully sneer at all things Scientology, lol, I earned that right many times over I am quite sure.

That is a lovely, sensitive post HH.

It is exactly how my poor shattered heart put itself back together.

I did nothing ... while it quietly healed itself.

:heartflower::heartflower::heartflower:

Veda

Sponsor
pierre-ethier-tone-scale.jpg

"Another frame of mind we would like to see the public have and register is that people attacking [Scientology] have something wrong with them."

From the 1955 Manual on Dissemination of Material.

_______​

Many people can walk and chew gum at the same time. They are not tiny beings with only a few "attention units" who must be either happy all the time or unhappy all the time. Many people are bigger and more sophisticated than that. They can be aware of many things while being happy and positively contributing to life.

Why do so many Scientologists behave like tiny beings? (While, at the same time, seeing themselves as "big beings" towering over the "garden variety humanoids?") Is it because they secretly dream of becoming one of L. Ron Hubbard's "Body Thetans"?

advance0026000.jpg

Hubbard told Scientologists he was the reincarnated Buddha.

04.jpg
Scientologists, in their imaginary world, on the other side of the Bridge with "Source."

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
No, it didn't! You may think it did, but you can't know - you have not ‘walked in my moccasins'.

I'm sorry but as unpopular as my statement may be - I am not a victim. And it's not just words being trotted out. I truly know I am not a victim. I am never a victim. It is an impossibility in the spiritual concept of the physical universe. I choose in every moment what happens to me in my life. I chose to be there in that moment of time. I chose every day what I did or didn't do. No-one held a knife at my throat and no-one ever has. I'm not about to start blaming someone else for choices I’ve made.

I gained much. I learnt much. It was not roses every day, but then life on Earth is not a walk in the park. This 3D plane is a tough learning ground. But I believe we can make it easier by not adopting a victim role (it never resolves because it is a lie) and by taking responsibility as a creator of circumstances we agree to (resolves because it is a truth). It's just how I see it. I know its hard for some to feel they were not a victim - in many of life's situations. The ‘not being a victim’ concept usually brings comments such as - how can an abused baby be anything other than a victim. Well, how can it? That idea is covered partly in Scientology with the idea of past lives. But there is also karma balancing; assisting others in their learning; our own learning and our pre-incarnational agreements made for our greater spiritual growth and evolution.

I have several people around me at present criticizing the banks for 'taking advantage' of them by lending them more money on their home mortgage than they had asked for or could comfortably pay back if the interest rates rose!! I make no comment. If they can't see it, that is OK. Each of us learns what we need to learn, in our own time frame, however many 'lifetimes' it takes - and that is fine. What is time anyway - but a linear apparency that assist us to learn!
I'm not talking about you personally having been abused by scientology. I'm talking about you personally implying that if someone goes through hell while in scientology and they forget about the abuse of scientology and dwell upon their it makes their journey through scientology a spiritual journey. Regardless of your view of scientology it would be harmful to a person if that person were to become involved in scientology because of your view of scientology.

A person in scientology does not get the privilege of circumstance creation. That is an illusion that scientology creates in the mind of the participant while victimizing the participant. Some people have been and some people still are victims of scientology and THAT should be the knowledge a person gains from scientology. Being knowledgeable about the universe or of plains of existence beyond the physical comes with a responsibility to others. The knowledge that hubbard imparted has been used to harm others, to hinder physical, mental, spiritual growth.
Your the only person that has walked in your moccasins but your moccasins are the only one's you have walked in.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
No magic pill - well, not that I’ve discovered anyway! It’s a journey. It takes whatever it takes and we each approach it in a way that best suits us. I pretty much took nearly 5 years to fully reassess and re-align every aspect of my life after Scientology. It had been a big part of my life and my friendships, for a very long time.

Why would I not want people to express their feelings about Scientology, whatever they may be. A lot of people had a very rough time. Why should they say otherwise. It’s a public forum for that purpose, I guess.

Really not trying to change anyone - not on a quest. I tried something that worked for me so I mentioned it. Just passing through. That is all.

It’s great you’re not trying to handle anything. But I'm sure you know that some people really are. I certainly was for a long time.

I had a husband and wife contact me a while ago. The husband was raised from birth in the SO at SH and had left at 18.He later married and had children. I knew his mother and recalled seeing him occasionally. His wife rang me as a friend of hers mentioned they knew an ex Scio (me) - who may be able to help her understand it all better. They both came to visit me. She explained how difficult their marriage had been because he was so bitter about the whole thing and she felt she couldn’t help him as she really had no knowledge of anything of Scientology. They stayed for 5 hours. I hope I helped a bit.
For Christ's sakes man!

(Speaking Scientolo-cheese): You're stuck/fixed in a tone scale harmonic of Serenity! Knock it the fuck off and get in there and HANDLE these DBs that are trying to prevent everyone on this mudball and sector from going free!

(Speaking ESMB): Dude, you're making me PUKE with your hollow platitudes of gains and dumb-as-fuck "I understand" generality laced, ARC-full acknowledgements to SPECIFIC and EXACT time,place,form and event explanations of Ron's Long Con.

Get over yourself!

GET PISSED

GET REAL

And no, being all understanding and ARC-full did Jack-Shit for the 2nd generation victim.

He SHOULD rage.

He SHOULD scream!

AND SO SHOULD YOU!!!

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
For Christ's sakes man!

(Speaking Scientolo-cheese): You're stuck/fixed in a tone scale harmonic of Serenity! Knock it the fuck off and get in there and HANDLE these DBs that are trying to prevent everyone on this mudball and sector from going free!

(Speaking ESMB): Dude, you're making me PUKE with your hollow platitudes of gains and dumb-as-fuck "I understand" generality laced, ARC-full acknowledgements to SPECIFIC and EXACT time,place,form and event explanations of Ron's Long Con.

Get over yourself!

GET PISSED

GET REAL

And no, being all understanding and ARC-full did Jack-Shit for the 2nd generation victim.

He SHOULD rage.

He SHOULD scream!

AND SO SHOULD YOU!!!
Unfortunately if there is a way to give more than one rating for posts here I don't know how to do it so in addition to "Love" for your post I just want to add "Right fucking on super hep daddy!"

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
7. Scientology and especially Dianetics was one of the major technologies planned to achieve this - to be overseered by LRH. It works if held precise mathematically correct. It did exactly what it was designed to do. It released engrams and trauma by the ton. It also helped us remember we were more than ‘a body’ and were actually a spiritual being.

8. In the higher plan, sufficient time being in Scio was allowed - enough time to help us release as much past life trauma stuff as possible. We didn’t need to get rid of it all, just the bulk of it, to give us a good kick star.
How did you come by these "plans" you speak of? Scn affected a tiny percentage of earth's population. If it was to be a "major" tool then the plan sure didn't pan out very well and the chosen one (elron) was sure a screwed-up choice by the divine planning board.

Matmatical precision? WTF are you talking about? There is no mathmatical anything in "the tech".

Sufficient time was allowed? Oh really? By whom? You do realize that the vast majority of scilons never got much auditing.
Just the bulk of it? Seriously? If you believe we've lived half an eternity then pray tell how any "bulk of it" could possibly be handled in hundreds or even a few thousand of hours of auditing?

Seems to me you've conveniently delt with the cognitive dissonance of Scn by swallowing yet another set of beliefs.

Buying into astral belief systems isn't much better than buying into earthly ones.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Mathematical precision? WTF are you talking about? There is no mathmatical anything in "the tech".

Honestly, there is a certain brilliant mathematical precision within the tech that should be given proper credit.

To wit, that ingenious algorithm that made it possible to charge $1,000 per hour for Class XII auditing when the Class XII auditor was being paid less than one dollar per hour.

That's impressive math, on this planet. Even by intergalactic standards!

LRH wrote extensively about his astonishing discoveries that lead to this breakthrough in the HCOB entitled "HOW TO DRAMATICALLY ENHANCE GAIN & COGS IN YOUR PCS". Turns out that he was talking about gains as in profit and COGS as in Cost of Goods Sold.

SHUKex

Patron
How did you come by these "plans" you speak of? Scn affected a tiny percentage of earth's population. If it was to be a "major" tool then the plan sure didn't pan out very well and the chosen one (elron) was sure a screwed-up choice by the divine planning board.

Matmatical precision? WTF are you talking about? There is no mathmatical anything in "the tech".

Sufficient time was allowed? Oh really? By whom? You do realize that the vast majority of scilons never got much auditing.
Just the bulk of it? Seriously? If you believe we've lived half an eternity then pray tell how any "bulk of it" could possibly be handled in hundreds or even a few thousand of hours of auditing?

Seems to me you've conveniently delt with the cognitive dissonance of Scn by swallowing yet another set of beliefs.

Buying into astral belief systems isn't much better than buying into earthly ones.
It’s only how I see it. I may be wrong. But each has the gift of discernment and so are able to accept that which resonates as truth for us and quietly let the rest pass us by, without judgement.

The plan for Earth is available to all. From my perception, we only need to tune into that frequency. To do that, we probably need to raise our own frequency.

Incarnations are planned, quite often very extensively. ‘Plans’ are planned. The 5 year slot was a pre-incarnational planning by those who were involved in that goal.

I wasn’t referring to the entire population on Earth, only to those people who were drawn to Earth to give her assistance. I think it gave many of those people a helping hand in contacting and releasing past trauma - in a relatively short time in the overall scheme of things. Consciously, we all had different reasons for joining. But consciously or not, I think many of those people were drawn to it for that reason.

I see the astral plane as the lower band of the 4th dimension, a band only slightly less dense than Earth (slightly finer frequency), containing events similar to Earth and is therefore of a similar learning bracket. It wouldn’t be my choice to seek higher truth. The 5th dimensional frequency may be more beneficial, operating in the ‘now (no apparency of time) and beyond duality. Seeing it as ‘separate dimensions’ helps us understand it easier but we know all frequencies exist all around us all the time.

Mathematics is in everything in the universe. Even a thought has a precise location.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
I used to harbor negative feelings about Ron too.

Then I realized: "Hey wait a gosh darn second! I wasn't actually there and didn't see Ron throwing a hysterical four year old (Derrick Green) in a chain locker where he terrorized him for days. And I never personally witnessed Ron trying to drive Paulette Cooper bankrupt, insane, imprisoned and to induce her to commit suicide. Sure there are lots of eyewitness accounts and documents that supposedly prove these kinds of things happened, but I never saw it myself. And since Ron is not here to defend himself against all the things that his alleged "victims" claim, we should not rush to judgement and condemn the man."

It was then that I felt a rushing, restorative feeling of ARC towards L. Ron Hubbard the man. I further realized that nobody is perfect and if Ron bankrupted and destroyed the lives of tens of thousands of people, I am sure he did so inadvertently. Certainly a man of his intelligence would have ceased doing such things if he was aware that people were going insane from his tech, losing their fortunes and families. Ron had very strict policy about not harming others so it is quite obvious that he would not do so.

ITYIWT, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive any inadvertent errors Ron may have made while he was trying to give us a planet without war, insanity and criminality. He never meant any harm to anyone. And the man was so damn busy researching all the time, I am betting he didn't even realize that hundreds of millions from all those bankrupt Scientologist ended up being deposited in his own personal bank account. I know with certainty that if Ron had become aware that a half-billion dollars was mistakenly put in his numbered Swiss bank accounts, he would have promptly returned it and launched a full investigation to find the parties that were guilty of such horrific financial irregularities.

I just don't get why people blame Ron for their own shortcomings. I mean, take me for example. Sure I paid Ron a fortune to gain the ability to go exterior and levitate matter and postulate miracles and be total cause over life--and none of that happened. I can hardly blame Ron for that. Sure he guaranteed I would get all those paranormal powers, but he never guaranteed how many hours it would take. So, all that really happened (this is where I really had a huge FN!) is that my tech estimate is a little larger than I had hoped; and, thus, all i need to do is continue up my Bridge and I will most assuredly get all those powers.

ITYIWT, you too can get all your Godlike powers back that you used to enjoy trillions of years ago. I hope you will not waste this precious opportunity just because of petty outpoints that your attention units are hung up on.

ML,

hh

I know Koot approves of this message!

J. Warbler

Patron
I see the astral plane as the lower band of the 4th dimension, a band only slightly less dense than Earth (slightly finer frequency), containing events similar to Earth and is therefore of a similar learning bracket. It wouldn’t be my choice to seek higher truth. The 5th dimensional frequency may be more beneficial, operating in the ‘now (no apparency of time) and beyond duality. Seeing it as ‘separate dimensions’ helps us understand it easier but we know all frequencies exist all around us all the time.
I think I'm getting a little bit "high" just reading this :)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I know, right? I'm getting that irresistible urge to read The Axioms again.
LOL, yeah and I got that irresistible urge to read The Factors again.

Especially the part where Dr. Hubbard discovers all secrets of the universe and then "humbly tendered" his divine knowledge as a "gift to mankind".

When I first read that I marveled that someone saving all beings in the universe could be so humbly tendering and such.

Much later, I realized that what he was "tendering" was not knowledge. It was me (and other "raw meat") that needed tender-izing so he could easily fry our brains and devour our worldly assets.

Last edited:

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
It’s only how I see it. I may be wrong. But each has the gift of discernment and so are able to accept that which resonates as truth for us and quietly let the rest pass us by, without judgement.

The plan for Earth is available to all. From my perception, we only need to tune into that frequency. To do that, we probably need to raise our own frequency.

Incarnations are planned, quite often very extensively. ‘Plans’ are planned. The 5 year slot was a pre-incarnational planning by those who were involved in that goal.

I wasn’t referring to the entire population on Earth, only to those people who were drawn to Earth to give her assistance. I think it gave many of those people a helping hand in contacting and releasing past trauma - in a relatively short time in the overall scheme of things. Consciously, we all had different reasons for joining. But consciously or not, I think many of those people were drawn to it for that reason.

Mathematics is in everything in the universe. Even a thought has a precise location.
Wow! Reminds me of my misspent youth -- after some of that potent stuff had been ingested.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I think I get it now. By judgement here what we mean is critical thinking or resisting anything that challenges our conceptions of how things are.

I love this quote from Hamlet. But it should go on to say - that doesn't mean they are all true.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Am I the only one to notice that Clay Pigeon was last seen on Monday at 3:43 and SHUKex first appeared on Monday at 5:19?
I did notice the absence of CP and new presence of SHUKex around the same time.

OSA does operate in surreptitious ways. But I caution against jumping to conclusions with limited information. Not all, Narcissists or apologists for them or OSA, are OSA.

But some people have aberrated minds and views of life and due to their character disturbances are compulsively working to condone and keep hidden the destructive aspects of certain practices or ideologies.

I also would like to remind that one of OSA's methods is to push down and out of the list of current threads, ones that are considered as exposing any of the egregious actions of themselves or other similar scientology uncivil dogma and or behaviour.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I did notice the absence of CP and new presence of SHUKex around the same time.

OSA does operate in surreptitious ways. But I caution against jumping to conclusions with limited information. Not all, Narcissists or apologists for them or OSA, are OSA.

But some people have aberrated minds and views of life and due to their character disturbances are compulsively working to condone and keep hidden the destructive aspects of certain practices or ideologies.

I also would like to remind that one of OSA's methods is to push down and out of the list of current threads, ones that are considered as exposing any of the egregious actions of themselves or other similar scientology uncivil dogma and or behaviour.
I'm not saying SHUKex is one or the other but it is quite a coincidence.

The commonality here is the constant push to promote the exact kinds of things many of us got ourselves into, grew out of, and now perceive as the slippery slope into very poor decision making that hurts ourselves, friends family and people we will never know.

Like Clay Pigeon, it has some value to talk through this stuff on the forum so readers can get a grasp of the mindset but it gets old after a while because they are really only here to sell their version of woo, serve as apologists for Scientology, and not to become better informed - and as you say it can suck the oxygen away from other more important threads thus providing cover for OSA either intentionally or unintentionally.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?

chickenwander.jpg