What's new

Any class action suits re: refunds/repayments?

riptide

Patron with Honors
I am having trouble with an unresponsive org, and I know others who are in the same boat. Anyone know of a class action suit going for repayments/refunds as distinct from the Super Power IAS issue?
Please PM me if you have any details, as always I appreciate everyone's help here.

Cheers, Riptide

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I am having trouble with an unresponsive org, and I know others who are in the same boat. Anyone know of a class action suit going for repayments/refunds as distinct from the Super Power IAS issue?
Please PM me if you have any details, as always I appreciate everyone's help here.

Cheers, Riptide

Hi Riptide, this is a really good idea. I hope others contact you.

dutchanon

Patron
this is going to come up more and more.
I would humbly suggest to the exes that you band together and form a coalition to hire a team of lawyers and sue as a group.

ExVet

Patron with Honors
Don't know of any class action suits. Heard on the grapevine that a UK public is taking Cof$ to court for failing to give a repayment. You would think that the stupid twits would give it back to the person right away when court was threatened, especially given the current climate. But noooooo, they've just got to create even more trouble for themselves even though the person is willing to blow it up as big as the French trial.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Don't know of any class action suits. Heard on the grapevine that a UK public is taking Cof$ to court for failing to give a repayment. You would think that the stupid twits would give it back to the person right away when court was threatened, especially given the current climate. But noooooo, they've just got to create even more trouble for themselves even though the person is willing to blow it up as big as the French trial.

Yes ExVet,

You would think that. I mean it would be only logical to try to avoid getting hauled into the courts and after all, their own policy mandates that they repay immediately.

But I too had terrible problems trying to get St Hill to cough up money that was in my account. In the end, I had to hire a lawyer and prepare a case to go to court. It was as if they could not confront the reality of the situation and perhaps were hoping for a miracle to save them. It didn’t and they had to pay everything that I demanded.

Axiom142

ExVet

Patron with Honors
Yes ExVet,

You would think that. I mean it would be only logical to try to avoid getting hauled into the courts and after all, their own policy mandates that they repay immediately.

But I too had terrible problems trying to get St Hill to cough up money that was in my account. In the end, I had to hire a lawyer and prepare a case to go to court. It was as if they could not confront the reality of the situation and perhaps were hoping for a miracle to save them. It didn’t and they had to pay everything that I demanded.

Axiom142

Well, good for you and congratulations! Too bad it took that much work, but your hypothesis on why they act the way they do at SH makes sense to me.

Did you get your legal costs paid by them as well?

byte301

Crusader
I think a class action law suit is a great idea. The lawyers would do it for a (high) percentage of the take but it would still be lulzy. And it would really put a dent in davey's war chest. Hell it might wipe him out for all I know. :yes:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, good for you and congratulations! Too bad it took that much work, but your hypothesis on why they act the way they do at SH makes sense to me.

Did you get your legal costs paid by them as well?

Fortunately, my legal costs were covered by my home insurance, so I was never in danger of having to pay for these. If we had gone to court, they would have had to pay these when we won.

Axiom142

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron

Cheers, Riptide
I've been waiting for someone to start one. :D Let me know if you have.

byte301

Crusader
If we did this I wonder if Berry could take it on? It would have to be done in CA too , wouldn't it?

I would be totally in on something like this. I don't care if all I got was a buck fifty. :happydance:

lkwdblds

Crusader
A class action lawsuit for asbestos on the Freewinds?

I always thought that a class action lawsuit against the Freewinds for exposing the public, and even more so the staff. to asbestos contanimation for over 25 years would be a big enough event to easily wipe out the C of S financially. There are several large attorneys who advertise on television and tell people who have been exposed to asbestos to contact them and come forward regarding participating in large class action lawsuits. These big attorneys are pretty high powered and might be willing to take on C of S.

One problem is the incubation period of the cancerous lung disease, mesothelioma, which does not appear for from 25 to 30 years after exposure. We are at the stage now, where a lot of people who sailed on the freewinds in its early days should just be starting to come down with the disease. If this happens as predicted, the C of S would be in big trouble. Even if they have a billion dollar war chest, which is rumored by some, this would be nowhere near enough money to settle a class action lawsuit from several dozen if not hundreds of Freewinds passengers and crew who came down with the disease.
Lakey

Tigger

Patron Meritorious
ALERT: Attorney to Take CLASS ACTION Suit Against $CN

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Dec 4, 8:44 am
Subject: Alert: Attorney to take class action against Scientology
To: alt.religion.scientology

Los Angeles based attorney Harvey Wireman is seeking victims of Scientology
for a class action suit and is gathering evidence to be submitted for
racketeering prosecution.

Jay

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron

Jay
I googled him. Is he the 78 comedian/attorney that comes up? Is this a real class action suit that he is currently working on? Do you have contact info for him?

RolandRB

Rest in Peace

Jay

I am sure the cult will set up more than one lawyer to draw people in and cripple these possible class actions.