What's new

Any Reunions???

free1996

Patron with Honors
As anyone set up Reunions?? Like for all that live in Portland-meet at some place for food and drinks or different cities in Texas get together. Different cities in Ohio get together. Maybe some of the people here are right next to us and we don't know it. I'll start- I live in South Texas and willing to travel up through Texas to have a reunion. Even if it's to give people a hug or a pat on the back. We lived through so much and sometimes it's hard to talk with people who don't understand or just to talk to people who were in and have some real fun and laughs.
Any stories of Reunions would be great news as well.

happynow

Patron
OK screw it. What are they gonna do? I'm not gonna be too specific though.
I live in Oregon and I used to live in Texas. I'd really like to know if there are some damn Texas people that I might know in these here parts.:whistling:

happynow

Patron
Who's Alan? Does he come here often?:)

HEY ALAN! DO WE KNOW EACH OTHER?

Maybe if I yell loud enough he'll hear me.

free1996

Patron with Honors
alan?? what part of Texas

Are you North, South, East or West Texas? It is totally different here in Texas. I remember the first time I saw a cow, I about died. I didn't know they were that big. Or those jackals? rabbits from hell. Or that "Bambi" comes out all the time and you have to swerve off the road not to kill one. I remember watching T.V and laughing at their accents. But now I'm one of them.
Anyone visiting South Padre Island? Or Corpus Christi? Alamo in San Antonio? Let me know..I'll be the long lost aunt to show you around.

byte301

Crusader
Well, I live in NM so we're neighbors but I can't go to Texas or NM would declare me and put me in the VPF! (Vatos Rehabilitation Force):grouch:

Mary

Patron with Honors
Love the idea of an ESMB convention. Perhaps in Las Vegas or somewhere nice. Maybe the dates and place could be organised by PM.

Can we all dress up as Trekkies! Aw go on, please!?

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
Love the idea of an ESMB convention.  Perhaps in Las Vegas or somewhere nice.  Maybe the dates and place could be organised by PM.Can we all dress up as Trekkies!  Aw go on, please!?
Or maybe, you could wear your old SO uniforms, and salute each other.:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
As anyone set up Reunions?? Like for all that live in Portland-meet at some place for food and drinks or different cities in Texas get together. Different cities in Ohio get together. Maybe some of the people here are right next to us and we don't know it. I'll start- I live in South Texas and willing to travel up through Texas to have a reunion. Even if it's to give people a hug or a pat on the back. We lived through so much and sometimes it's hard to talk with people who don't understand or just to talk to people who were in and have some real fun and laughs.
Any stories of Reunions would be great news as well.

I'm in North Texas. It's interesting being here - only 1 1/2 years now. I really thought I'd see a whole lot more cowboys. Nope - melting pot just like LA was. But what's up with the drivers in this state? I could handle LA drivers, but in TX they are different and scary. I won't let my daughter drive on the freeways in TX and she learned as I did, how to drive in LA. I'm thinking about buying a tank, just to survive these crazy drivers.

Just let me know when you'd like to come for a visit. Good Twin will be here in mid-July.

Where'd you come from?

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Are you North, South, East or West Texas? It is totally different here in Texas. I remember the first time I saw a cow, I about died. I didn't know they were that big. Or those jackals? rabbits from hell. Or that "Bambi" comes out all the time and you have to swerve off the road not to kill one. I remember watching T.V and laughing at their accents. But now I'm one of them.
Anyone visiting South Padre Island? Or Corpus Christi? Alamo in San Antonio? Let me know..I'll be the long lost aunt to show you around.

Alan I think is 1 hour north of Dallas, if I recall correctly.

Seems like a lot of Texans here....

I was born in Texas but left so young that I have no accent. I was in Austin Org for the first 3 years of my life.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Alan I think is 1 hour north of Dallas, if I recall correctly.

Seems like a lot of Texans here....

I was born in Texas but left so young that I have no accent. I was in Austin Org for the first 3 years of my life.
I was born in Houston but became a Yankee very early in life, also losing my accent.

But I'm still a Texan.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Where is Texas? I've heard of it. Here in Seattle we're proximate to the really big state, Alaska, so everywhere else seems pitiably tiny.

byte301

Crusader
I'm in North Texas. It's interesting being here - only 1 1/2 years now. I really thought I'd see a whole lot more cowboys. Nope - melting pot just like LA was. But what's up with the drivers in this state? I could handle LA drivers, but in TX they are different and scary. I won't let my daughter drive on the freeways in TX and she learned as I did, how to drive in LA. I'm thinking about buying a tank, just to survive these crazy drivers.

Just let me know when you'd like to come for a visit. Good Twin will be here in mid-July.

Where'd you come from?

ImOut,

You want to see bad driving? Come to NM. People here think that using your blinkers is a sign of weakness. A yellow light means speed up and a stop sign is merely a suggestion. :yes:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
ImOut,

You want to see bad driving? Come to NM. People here think that using your blinkers is a sign of weakness. A yellow light means speed up and a stop sign is merely a suggestion. :yes:

And my husband swears Chicago drivers are the absolute worse.

In CA, if someone barely stops for a stop sign we called it a "California Roll". In TX, I've named it the "Texas no Stop" - taken from the dance - Texas two step. LOL!!!

Blinkers - I think people in TX have them removed from their cars. And they just change lanes without looking to see if anyone is there.

I really do want to keep my front fenders and back bumper, but the way people change lanes, I'm sure I'm gonna loose them. LOL!!!!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I found LA to have, overall, the best and most courteous drivers anywhere I've ever lived.

I think there is something about 7 lanes of traffic whipping around curves at 80mph that makes you sit up and stay focused on what you are doing when you are behind the wheel. You are reminded of potential danger all the time because your environment LOOKS dangerous, and so you get real good and stay real good.

Out here in the cornfields, though, there is no apparent danger in the environment like that to act as a stimulant. So they weave, and turn in front of you, and end up splattering each other all over the highway.

But they do wave when they pass you on country roads.

I like that.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I found LA to have, overall, the best and most courteous drivers anywhere I've ever lived.

I think there is something about 7 lanes of traffic whipping around curves at 80mph that makes you sit up and stay focused on what you are doing when you are behind the wheel. You are reminded of potential danger all the time because your environment LOOKS dangerous, and so you get real good and stay real good.

Out here in the cornfields, though, there is no apparent danger in the environment like that to act as a stimulant. So they weave, and turn in front of you, and end up splattering each other all over the highway.

I like that.

Yes, but out here in the cornfields, the animals do not use crosswalks or overpasses and are therefore referred to as "roadkill". You have to dodge very large animals sometimes while driving the freeways out here at 80MPH or so.

They dont read blinkers at all, do they now?

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron

I like that.

London drivers are the most aggressive, more so than the Italians, whilst the French are the most expressive. The rudest are the NY drivers.The craziest are in Istanbul where every traffic light is just like the start of a Grand Prix race.