What's new

Anybody knew Carey, former CO SMI EUS?

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
The anons really don't like him.

Here's some pix and a "bio" on him. LOL!

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Cary_Goulston

That's him, though his hair was blacker when I was there.

That's the page of him I saw before I found ESMB that I couldn't adjust.

I can tell you he was CO SMI EUS during the entire time I was there. So the dates in CLO EUS would have been from 1988 onwards, not early 90's.

He loved to yell.

He brought a recruit from the Atlanta Mission that was later found to be stealing stuff, I think I remember the guy stole stuff from the CO CMO EUS' pocket book.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
The anons really don't like him.

Here's some pix and a "bio" on him. LOL!

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Cary_Goulston

Gawker.com
Scientologists Profiteering in Haiti
By Ravi Somaiya Feb 1, 2010 08:08 AM

[..] UPDATE: It seems, according to a tipster, that this email had done the rounds before the earthquake as well, apparently, as after. As such it's not the smoking gun we first thought. But this may be. It's a press release from the Global Pioneers, sent by the same man who sent the above missive — a Cary Goulston — outlining their achievements in Haiti since the earthquake:

screen_shot_2010-02-01_at_15.12.45.png

dexter gelfand

Patron Meritorious
Good ol' "CO SMI EUS" Cary G

I've mentioned this before on another thread, but I had some experience with Cary Goulsten, who, it must be acknowledged, a legend in his own mind:coolwink:.

In 1986 I agreed to take on running a mission in Elmira, New York, after being assured that I would be left alone to run my own show. Needless to say, that was not to be. One day, I got a phone call- "Hi, this is your senior, Cary Goulsten, CO SMI EUS. I'm coming there to help you out, how do you want to pay for my flight?"

My response: "I don't."

Apparently unfazed, Cary moved on a bit in the conversation, and it wasn't long before he showed up at my door, taping balloons to the walls and showering me in useless advice, orders and adminbabble (not meant to indicate I have no respect for admin policy, but in Cary's hands, it was a streaming string of out-of-context non-sequitur words and phrases).

After about 10 days of this extended diversion, converting a center of activity to a rural death valley, I'd sent a report to SMI about how the mission's stats crashed concurrent to Cary's "help", and to my delight, I saw another guy decked out in full Sea Org regalia walk up the sidewalk and to my door. Had an Aussie accent, but I don't recall the name.He was friendly and polite, and after a few cordial discussions with me, he suggested that perhaps I wasn't the right mission holder for this situation. In effect, he graciously handed me a "Get out of jail free" ticket, which I was happy to cash in immediately. I was thanked for my service and left without any "condition assignment, freeloader debt or a critical word.

Cary was quite a character. During his visit, OSA handed me a legal order for me to present to Harry Palmer and his pre-"Avatar" motley crew, who had been marketing themselves as a Scientology mission to this point in time. I didn't think much of that gang, and I had no problem confronting them. Cary was quick to explain that he didn't think he should accompany me; he was obviously scared to face these "dangerous SP's:melodramatic:

Being me, I had a different attitude about it. and I told him "No problem, I got this" and headed down the street. Cary gathered some courage and/or felt humiliation as a Sea Org member seeing me happily go off, and decided it was ok to follow along like a puppy dog. He didn't say a word, but stood behind me and to the side once I entered their space.

I actually never heard from or saw Cary after this.

Please note, earlier in this thread someone posted that Cary became CO SMI EUS in 1990, but as I said, he was on that post at this time, which was 1986.

Best, Dex

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
I did some editing to add some more detail to my earlier posts.

Dexter: after reading your blue post all the other posts were an odd orange... wow, that was strange. Good post, I can totally picture that whole thing.

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
I met him a few times. He was a dick, a choice class A dick, if I ever met one. I hope he leaves the cult though.

TP

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors
Worked with Cary in Boston in the early 80s. He was a great book seller and body router. I used to go out with him sometimes. He could sell a copy of DMSMH to a rock. Funny guy too. Had some good times with him back when we were both just staff. But without a doubt, stat oriented. People were just stats - like any salesman, I guess. Every few months he'd get busted for false reporting or financial irregularities, i.e. buying food with money from book sales.

Then he joined the SO and became CO SMI. I never had to deal with him particularly, as I was org staff. But it seems like the power got to his head. The stat craziness and financial irregs didn't seem to clear up for him.

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
More of CG

I know CG from the old days. I don't think he was any nuttier than the rest of us.

It's pretty easy to make fun of any hard line scieno and I thoroughly encourage it.

I read these stories of him and think how he could be me.

He could be you.

CG's wacky behavior is caused by someone trying to do the most with unworkable advice that he is compelled to follow. ("Live or die in the attempt." etc.)

It's an odd tragedy. If he were in nearly any other profession, he'd be leading a much happier and fulfilling life.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
It's an odd tragedy. If he were in nearly any other profession, he'd be leading a much happier and fulfilling life.

That's true, he had a quality that should have been put to better use than SCN. Very driven - well madly so.

I felt extremely sorry that he had gotten married then soon after Helen was shipped off, she was a cute aussie, said fuck more than about anyone I have ever known. If I had married someone then they shipped her off I would have been freaked out.

I wonder what happened to Helen.

freethinker

Sponsor
All due respect I have to disagree. Cary was out in the wog world(so to speak), started other businesses, had to have come across the stories on the internet and still wanted to go back. You didn't do that,you are here. I personally don't have any trust or sympathy for him. But I've been wrong before. Still don't think so though.:nooo:

I know CG from the old days. I don't think he was any nuttier than the rest of us.

It's pretty easy to make fun of any hard line scieno and I thoroughly encourage it.

I read these stories of him and think how he could be me.

He could be you.

CG's wacky behavior is caused by someone trying to do the most with unworkable advice that he is compelled to follow. ("Live or die in the attempt." etc.)

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm just not that vicious anymore

I can appreciate that Freethinker.

Perhaps it's because I've morphed into a total theetie-weedie. I never had CG jump down my throat or posturing as an SO Nasty Man.

It's taken me a long time to sort out the intense and vicious nature of LRH's management intension.

As long as Cary keeps drinking the Kool-Aid and poses as a "power FSM" or "makes it go right in the wog world" or "expands the influence of the tech by being a Volunteer Minister" ... I'd have to admit he's extending credence to a corrupt organization.

I can't get too worked up about the cos or him. I do have other fish to fry. I will sympathize with how long it takes to wake up. I hope Cary can wake up soon.

All due respect I have to disagree. Cary was out in the wog world(so to speak), started other businesses, had to have come across the stories on the internet and still wanted to go back. You didn't do that,you are here. I personally don't have any trust or sympathy for him. But I've been wrong before. Still don't think so though.:nooo:

rickglass

Patron

To give evidence to back freethinker's argument, we've had a member of our ranks in Boston not only friend but have long conversations with Cary on his facebook page, knowing full well this kid was anon. Even snuck away from a school trip to CW to visit one of his businesses in scilonville. Cary seems very happy where he is, one of those types that considers it an honor and a privelege to go down with the ship.

In my younger days, before I ever knew what scientology was (or even had hair on my nuts for that matter :p ) I ended up at a birthday party for a relative of his where he attended. I only remember the event and him for how odd he acted.

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
Spoiler alert for the ending of Dex's time at the elmira mission:Child services had been called on him for abusing his kids, which he was, but he got away with it because zombies tell no lies. No mystery why he had to leave! Cary was nice, but I never had to work for him.